Universal will reopen June 5th!

I got Hagrid’s like 15 min before park opened. Then around 1030 I randomly got mummy VQ for 2:10

I got Hagrid’s like 15 min before park opened. Then around 1030 I randomly got mummy VQ for 2:10

Was in line for hulk when first rained.. Then they kicked everyone out of the queue, and that's when monsoon hit. Got in line for Spiderman now. Luckily inside. Have a Vq to mummy for 340. Trying for earlier. Sucked since I was in hulk line, couldn't use phone to look

Oh and so many thanks to whoever said to make a reservation!!!! I made a reservation at 11 pm last night and I am waiting to be seated at Mythos now. Otherwise it is an hour 45 wait!!!
Ha.. At mythos myself waiting to be called on. Got here early for my 1230

Just got here. Don’t really know what to do with the rain. And it looks like they aren’t doing virtual queues today and I don’t see any wait times.

*edit* in line for Spider-Man now. I didn’t even know they had an outdoor portion of the queue but I’ve been waiting in the rain for about 10 minutes before finally getting some covering. I think I’ll just come back tomorrow to use the VQ since the light crowds today don’t seem to be offering any kind of advantage.

So when someone said the Hagrids VQ is like Rise of the resistance, do they mean it sells out in seconds?

Last edited:
Is the NBC media center surveys still open for free gift cards. Or did they close that down for COVID?

I'm trying to think of the best way to pay for things. Normally, we put money on a gift card and use that throughout the week but it looks like they prefer mobile order for QS places, so no gift card there. What about the shops, carts and sit down restaurants?

ok, just got home.

Some observations...Can def tell Universal is trying to work out the kinks of these new procedures. It's expected, and thought overall it was done well. Yes, the VQ is kind of a mess. They need to beef up the IT aspect so it doesn't get overloaded. I think they need to explain it better to people. Really outside of Hagrids, it's hard to understand when/if a ride is using a VQ. It seemed like the Mummy didn't use it til the afternoon. Can't say about Foribben Journey as that seemed down the whole day. Obviously the rain played a big factor too as all the outdoor rides were down for several hours. Which was weird too since once the monsoon stop, they didn't open up the coasters for a while still. So I wonder if there's a new procedure in place for rain.

I say most people were doing a decent job adhering to the 6 ft lines in the queues, and halfway decent around the walkways. Some had short tempers with waiting for things, but that's expected you'll get dummies who just don't get it.

Also, if you can afford to stay onsite, take advantage of it. I was so glad we did the one night as you did your temp check at the hotel and got a wristband. Didn't have to worry about the parking garage, etc. It's also nice getting that hour early to avoid the entrance lines to the park, and especially now with the VQ for hagrids it's easy to just take the train over to IoA at 9.

Surprisingly all the water affects were still in the rides, got a little wet on Gringtos and Spiderman, Saw the fog affects were in use on Hulk and Hagrids

Oh also, if you absolutely don't have to bring a bag, DON'T. Many of the rides the line was longer for the locker room than the ride itself

Last edited:
Looking at the app it looks like the parks are fairy dead this morning at 11:15am.... most not using VQ and have essentially walk on wait times.

Looking at the app it looks like the parks are fairy dead this morning at 11:15am.... most not using VQ and have essentially walk on wait times.
Volcano bay was amazing. They opened at 9:30. Dead so far. All the tm were very helpful with all new procedures, constant cleaning and reminding people to social distance

So now two regrets -
  1. Paying extra for RPR in July for EP
  2. Opting for 2 parks instead of including VB!
That said, I’m sure EP will prove its worth as more folks come to the parks. We’re slated to be there July 6. The stories of the preview days and VQ being fidgety prompted me to go ahead and book our package including RP for the EPs. I figured between all the resort pools, I could pocket the $150 it would have cost me to add VB to our tickets.

Oh also, if you absolutely don't have to bring a bag, DON'T. Many of the rides the line was longer for the locker room than the ride itself

Yep. This reminds me of something else they need to do. They need to create clear signage for things like Disney does with the FP+ return starts here. I am not as much a Universal expert as I am Disney so I was always frustrated when the entrance to
Rides were blocked and had people standing around in multiple places with no clear idea of where we should go. It is especially bad at Hagrids. They have lockers in 2 difference places and TMs all over the place but no signs.

Yep. This reminds me of something else they need to do. They need to create clear signage for things like Disney does with the FP+ return starts here. I am not as much a Universal expert as I am Disney so I was always frustrated when the entrance to
Rides were blocked and had people standing around in multiple places with no clear idea of where we should go. It is especially bad at Hagrids. They have lockers in 2 difference places and TMs all over the place but no signs.

Ya.. We saw this huge line yesterday when we got off the hogwarts expressed and assumed it was for Hagrids, it made sense when we saw the line where it was heading. This was at 925, our Vq ended at 930. We stood there for 10 minutes before someone finally started going through the line checking vqs and telling us if you don't have a bag, we can go straight to entrance attraction, and this line was for locker room. That was kind of frustrating. Luckily I read the comments on here about taking a screenshot of the VQ because I would have been hosed

So now two regrets -
  1. Paying extra for RPR in July for EP
  2. Opting for 2 parks instead of including VB!
That said, I’m sure EP will prove its worth as more folks come to the parks. We’re slated to be there July 6. The stories of the preview days and VQ being fidgety prompted me to go ahead and book our package including RP for the EPs. I figured between all the resort pools, I could pocket the $150 it would have cost me to add VB to our tickets.

I have 2 park premier passes we are upgrading to three park go at the end of the month through July.

Currently have a double booking. Cabana Bay and RPR. I’ll decide after next week which to keep. Still leaning towards RPR mainly because I think express passes will be useful for that Fourth of July week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter