Universal will reopen June 5th!

Hey @yullin3 - did you see any neck gaiter style masks today? We have some with ear loops but were going to get some neck gaiter ones too. Thanks!

this is probably going to be long :) here's my report and I have seen several other people reporting back, I can only truthfully give you my thoughts on my experience
Got to Universal around 8am, no line for the garage, no line for temp check or bag check. Walked right over to IOA, was by the lighthouse waiting for opening, everyone around me was keeping some sort of distance (not necessarily 6ft but not normal close) at exactly 9am they opened the park. I was live streaming so I couldn't grab any VL. Walked clockwise starting at Superhero Island, no one around, like ghost town, I'm assuming everyone went to Hagrid's. Pretty uneventful, went into a couple of gift shops, all the TM were super excited to be back, got to Hogsmead and the queue to enter FJ was out of the castle and up to the snowman , this is going to be the biggest issue moving forward, the queues spilling out because of social distancing,
Loved all the characters everywhere, they were all out and it cute places to take pics
Left IOA around 10:20am saw Ryno and Craig entering the park at that point
Walked to US and even though the queue to enter the park seemed long it didn't take me more than 5 min. The park seemed busier than IOA, obviously it was later in the day, saw Marilyn's show, Blues Brothers and Beat Builders, then headed to Diagon Alley, it was not that crazy inside, I even went into the store and it was completely empty. At this point it was Noon and I was starving, I said goodbye to the stream and mobile ordered my lunch from Leaky Cauldron thinking it was like Disney and I could skip the line. It wasn't. I had to get in line with everyone else, which made sense as they are controlling the capacity inside. The line snaked into Nockturn Alley and it was one hour long. By the time I got seated I was cranky and starving. The TM kindly came to take my order number (they are trying for everyone to mobile order, but if you can't they still take regular card or cash) I gave him my order number and in about 10 min he delivered my food along with cash back from my AP discount (I actually completely forgot about that and I didnt ask him for it but they were doing that for everyone who mobile ordered)
While in line waiting to eat I had booked Mummy VL for 1:50-2:20 and then Despicable Me was the only thing left with a VL so booked that. I wanted to try out the system
So I left Leaky Cauldron at 2:45pm and went to Mummy. Very organized, everyone was keeping tabs on the markers on the floor. There was 1 guy in front of me, then me (another single rider) they are loading only front and back of the vehicle so for our ride we were only 2. If you are a group then obviously you take a whole row. The wait for Mummy was about 10 min. After I headed for Transformers, a walk on again only front row and back row were being loaded. Then of course I had to do ET, same thing only front and back row were loaded. Again as a singlle rider I had a row to myself because they are not putting different parties in the same row.
I asked about the hand sanitizer thing when people are allergic and you can now go to guest relations and explain your allergy and they will put a wristband on you so that TM know you cannot use the hand sanitizer, after you ride the TM will then clean your seat if you cannot use hand sanitizer
As I was leaving I bumped into Ryno and Craig again, they were obviously not impressed with the handling of the situation
I can honestly say (and you can watch the live stream replay if you wish) I did not encounter any issues other than the long line for food and the restaurants at 30% capacity it makes sense
Now I have seen pictures of crowds at Citywalk for temp checks and long lines to enter the parks so I know it happened, it just didn't happen to me
I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have

So is it worth going in this weakened state if you are flying in or should we wait for it go back to normal?

Question for anyone going to the parks soon - there is a rumor on the Disney part of the boards that people can refuse to wear a mask and they get a colored wristband to show this and when they go on rides they get a ride vehicle for just their party? I can't imagine this being true but if it is, I can see this being taken advantage of very easily.

So is it worth going in this weakened state if you are flying in or should we wait for it go back to normal?

Totally subjective of course. If this is a once in a lifetime (or once every ten years or whatever) trip, then I would wait. If Universal is a place you go to frequently, or plan to start going to frequently, then yes, as long as the things that aren’t being offered right now aren’t terribly important to you (like normal up close meet and greets). The whole world could probably use a relaxing vacation right now! But carefully.

I couldn't find it on the Universal app, it's on the website though

Finnegans (Uni): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=EGPOTKPVI
Mythos (IOA): https://www.nextable.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=O7S175ASN
Confisco (IOA): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=1M69HPY6D
Lombards (Uni): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=407W27FY1

This is probably something they need to add to the app more directly.

Awesome! Thank you!

Question for anyone going to the parks soon - there is a rumor on the Disney part of the boards that people can refuse to wear a mask and they get a colored wristband to show this and when they go on rides they get a ride vehicle for just their party? I can't imagine this being true but if it is, I can see this being taken advantage of very easily.
I missed that rumor
But did read for those that don’t use the hand sanitizer the TM gives out to riders, the guest can go to GS and get a wrist band to allow them on the rides.
No idea if this is a temp fix or permanent

Up to you really, I visit the parks weekly so for me it's fine to just pop in for a couple of hours then leave.
As more and more people come the lines for food and attractions will inevitably get longer with current capacity restrictions, the masks gets annoying and uncomfortable to wear after a couple of hours. If you have your expectations in check you can still have a good time but if you know the current conditions will be too much for you then don't come now
Does anyone wear some KN95/n95 masks at the parks, or is it mostly just blue masks, clothe masks, or face coverings
I saw every type of face covering under the sun, mostly cloth masks and surgical masks but did see some weary N95

I missed that rumor
But did read for those that don’t use the hand sanitizer the TM gives out to riders, the guest can go to GS and get a wrist band to allow them on the rides.
No idea if this is a temp fix or permanent

I just can't imagine this mask thing being true. I think maybe someone read about the hand sanitizer thing and it got twisted around.

So I drove over from Clearwater and I was afraid of Tampa and Orlando traffic but there was none so I got to parking garage at 730. There was a line for temp checks but once they opened it moved very fast. Now waiting to get into islands.

Virtual queue is not opened yet - I don’t think bc it says no times available.

So I drove over from Clearwater and I was afraid of Tampa and Orlando traffic but there was none so I got to parking garage at 730. There was a line for temp checks but once they opened it moved very fast. Now waiting to get into islands.

Virtual queue is not opened yet - I don’t think bc it says no times available.

Yeah yesterday it was somewhere between 8:50-9AM when the VQ's opened up Probably 8:56. Just try during that last 10 minutes before 9.

Be aware, With the VQ system Hagrids feels a lot like the Rise of the Resistance shuffle.

The virtual line button just disappeared from hagrids. Don’t know what that means

Do express pass people need to use VQ fir Hagrid’s? In the app it says EP skips the virtual line, but then on here I read yesterday that the EP lines were open on rides, but Hagrid’s doesn’t have one... confused!

There has been nothing confirmed that indicates there will be any exceptions to the mask-wearing. It's in the Disney union contract that guests must wear masks, and it's been proposed (and approved) by legal and executive entities in Florida that Disney will require masks. Disney is committed to it now. The only exception appears to be these "rest zones" that are rumored to be set up where folks can sit, distance, and remove their masks for a brief time. And remember - masks are required on property, not just in the theme parks. Also the hotels, the pools, the restaurants, Disney Springs, etc.

Since Universal has the same requirements, I have to think Disney will be watching the things that work and don't work while Universal is reopening. There are so many moving parts for places like Universal and WDW.

Do express pass people need to use VQ fir Hagrid’s? In the app it says EP skips the virtual line, but then on here I read yesterday that the EP lines were open on rides, but Hagrid’s doesn’t have one... confused!

Hagrids is VQ only. Prior to the shutdown it was standby only. They still haven’t ever opened it’s express pass queue because the ride still has reliability issues.

That and the original potter rides weren’t express pass eligible for what 3 years or so.

Hagrids is VQ only. Prior to the shutdown it was standby only. They still haven’t ever opened it’s express pass queue because the ride still has reliability issues.

That and the original potter rides weren’t express pass eligible for what 3 years or so.
Other than Hagrid's and Pteradon Flyers, is there anything else that doesn't do express pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter