Unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was asking the poster who said you reward your most loyal customers. I would think AP holders are a pretty loyal customer, haven't they been shut out of the test? It sounded like it from what I've read.

A segment of AP holders have been shut out. That would be the LOCAL AP holders. I am local and have no need for a hotel room either on site or off. I also don't feel the need to be a tourist and get up nice and bright and early to hit rope drop. So the end result is no FP+ or - Sure we could do standby, but the general consensus of the family is "no thanks." Right now we're definitely not feeling the love.

A segment of AP holders have been shut out. That would be the LOCAL AP holders. I am local and have no need for a hotel room either on site or off. I also don't feel the need to be a tourist and get up nice and bright and early to hit rope drop. So the end result is no FP+ or - Sure we could do standby, but the general consensus of the family is "no thanks." Right now we're definitely not feeling the love.

Apart from the week or so I was reading about FPs being gone super-early, has that continued?

Book one room, link it up, have a fun local vacation, and your APs will be in the system to continue to make FP+s (that's how it has worked for me, at least).... It's your choice to do or not do it. If you want to be part of FP+ and MB right now, you CAN. You're just choosing not to right now.

Wow! People are really into this conversation!!! In my opinion, it only reflects the differences in people these days...those that work, are honest, and are grateful. Then there are those that like handouts, don't work, and feel self entitled and want freebies. I'm part of that first group, definitely not the latter. I for one am grateful that there is a place called Disneyworld. If we want to go, we save our money until we can go. I don't try to cheat the system and take advantage of a glitch in the system. I also think that while yes Disney is profitable, they also go above and beyond to attempt to keep the parks magical. I'm sure it takes millions to keep it running, so it's not like they're not having any expenses.
Anyway, that's my two cents. This whole FP+ will most likely work out anyway...I'm staying off site at Christmastime in our timeshare to take our 3yo daughter. it's a quick trip and yes, I won't be getting all of the perks, but I still get to use the transportation which to me is a huge benefit.
if any of you are there, I will be there with a big smile on my face and being friendly to everyone because not only is Disney magical, so is Christmastime and we should all be kind instead of a grinch!

only during the test for obvious reasons. You don't make a good tester if you are only using one function of the band.

mgrayar said:
only during the test for obvious reasons. You don't make a good tester if you are only using one function of the band.

Even if I were staying on site, I wouldnt be using the functions of the band that they're testing now aside.from fp+. I'd use it (or the rfid kttw) as room access (no choice), park access (no choice), and fp+. I have never linked ccs to kttw, and the bands won't change that, nor do we get the ddp. Room access isn't so much a test anymore, as all resorts are converted. Park access isn't so much a test at this point, as all guests need to use RFID media to enter now. That only leaves fp+

Apart from the week or so I was reading about FPs being gone super-early, has that continued?

Yesterday Soarin' and TT were at 8pm/7pm FP return times respectively at 11am - much further out than we experienced when we were there in March over spring break. Then we got FPs around 11 that were for sometime between 1 and 2.

Agreed- AP holders who stay on property are not left out in the dark- we have APs and are staying on property and have our Magic Bands ready to go

Most people here probably think I am the biggest sucker for paying so much for these 'perks'

Ok thanks for clearing that up. If the perks are worth it to you then you aren't a sucker for paying for them.

Even if I were staying on site, I wouldnt be using the functions of the band that they're testing now aside.from fp+. I'd use it (or the rfid kttw) as room access (no choice), park access (no choice), and fp+. I have never linked ccs to kttw, and the bands won't change that, nor do we get the ddp. Room access isn't so much a test anymore, as all resorts are converted. Park access isn't so much a test at this point, as all guests need to use RFID media to enter now. That only leaves fp+
it's all still a test. It's efficient for them to test with on-site guests. Yes, some may not use them, but that will be few and it's better than trying to do it on an individual basis.

It's really not a sinister plan to keep you locked out.

it's all still a test. It's efficient for them to test with on-site guests. Yes, some may not use them, but that will be few and it's better than trying to do it on an individual basis.

It's really not a sinister plan to keep you locked out.

I don't recall saying that it was a sinister plan. :confused3

A big US company has bought an Eoropean firm that made billions in loyalty advertisement.
The whole coupon thing will be ended.
Coupons clipping will be outdated like reading stone tablets from dead Egyptians.

Nope.
Still not getting it.

I'm not enraged. I'm disappointed with the way the FP+ is affecting off site guests, and I am discussing why it's not worth it to stay on site despite the so called Disney "Magic" that is basically non existant now.

The as you say "so called Disney Magic" is still there for many. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. I'm sorry the Magic is lost for you.

I think as onsite guests, we should be able to book FP+ ahead of those who stay off site (sorry), but I do think that off site WDW goers should be able to book a few days (or weeks) ahead of time, not on the day of.

The as you say "so called Disney Magic" is still there for many. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. I'm sorry the Magic is lost for you.

It is for us yet. We even bought into DVC just so we could go more often.

We don't take advantage of the "perk" of Dining plans, free or otherwise, because they don't work out cheaper for us. OOP works better for us for meals. We don't have young children so when we take our kids to a regular Disney hotel we had to pay the extra person fee. DVC we have no extra fee for extra people, just have to have enough beds. A lot of hotels & restaurants have kids stay & eat free. We have no "kids" so we miss out on that.

We stayed offsite when we started going and then switched to DTD hotels. Then we started staying really on property because we like the theming and the transportation. We drive from PA and when we get there the last thing we want to do is see our car for the week. We can drink and Disney does the driving. At the DTD hotels their bus service was adequate at best. It took you to the parks, but in the nether regions of the parking lot.

The Disney Experience is what you make of it. The Magic is in your heart. I have read many negative threads on here and when I go I just don't see what all the complaining is about. A castmember is having a bad day, so what, you've never had a bad day? Everyone didn't wish you happy birthday when you had your Birthday Button on (Even though your birthday was 3 months ago) I got a button a few years ago that said "I'm Celebrating" and you were supposed to fill in what you were celebrating. I left mine blank and when someone asked my answer varied from " Being here " to " Not being at work ".

Everyone wants the "Pixie Dust", but when everyone gets it, it is no longer special. Now it is more of a demand by the guest to get exactly what someone else gets or it is "unfair"

Saying "unfair" usually means that you want exactly what the other person is getting. Life doesn't work that way. If it did, we would all be poor, sick or dead. Why can't we be rich in our way of life, healthy in our view of things and alive with the fact that we can still do things?:goodvibes

Dallydown said:
Just wait and see. Coupons clipping will be dead like the witches of Salem. :lmao:

What coupons are being clipped? Are you referring to Disney or something off-topic? Does this relate to FP+ or Disney? So confused.

*Edit to correct autocorrect mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter