Unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellaprincess98

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry for yet another Fastpass+ rant, however I leave this week to disney world and I'm not feeling this trip :(

We have a timeshare so staying off site, but let me get this straight:

Current resort guests are able to make Fastpass+ reservations AND pull regular fastpasses at the parks?

If so then no wonder all the fastpasses are gone so early! How unfair to the rest of us!!!!

I swear if I'd known about this before I purchased my park tickets I would have skipped Disney all together this year.

*sign* I will try to make the best of it, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Don't go to Universal then - guests staying onsite with them get instant "Front of the Line Access (better than FastPass) all day!

Ah well, there's always Gatorland!

I'm the last one to defend FP+ simply based on the lack of information regarding the entire system, but the one thing I don't think people have any right to complain about is preferred treatment that on-site resort guests receive. Sorry, but that's life. Disney SHOULD offer better incentives to guests willing to shell out the money to stay on property.

Don't go to Universal then - guests staying onsite with them get instant "Front of the Line Access (better than FastPass) all day! Ah well, there's always Gatorland!

Universal gives the option to purchase the privilege. Not apples to apples.

Op, we are off site in a couple of weeks. I almost switched but decided 2 bedrooms for $250 was too sweet. I love some time to myself:)

Hopefully they cut the double dipping soon. Then those same people will be stuck with only three fp's and a glitchy system;)

I'm the last one to defend FP+ simply based on the lack of information regarding the entire system, but the one thing I don't think people have any right to complain about is preferred treatment that on-site resort guests receive. Sorry, but that's life. Disney SHOULD offer better incentives to guests willing to shell out the money to stay on property.

Agreed!:goodvibes

I'm sorry for yet another Fastpass+ rant, however I leave this week to disney world and I'm not feeling this trip :(

Current resort guests are able to make Fastpass+ reservations AND pull regular fastpasses at the parks?

If so then no wonder all the fastpasses are gone so early! How unfair to the rest of us!!!!

I swear if I'd known about this before I purchased my park tickets I would have skipped Disney all together this year.

Thanks for listening.

I don't find this Unfair at all, but rather a perk of staying on site.
I pay the extra money and I am grateful for the perk.
Nobody said life was always fair.

I thought they were stopping giving out KTTW at the end of October? We were there is August and the bands were not that prevalent but double dipping was but we still found enough fast passes to do what we wanted

Universal gives the option to purchase the privilege. Not apples to apples. Op, we are off site in a couple of weeks. I almost switched but decided 2 bedrooms for $250 was too sweet. I love some time to myself:) Hopefully they cut the double dipping soon. Then those same people will be stuck with only three fp's and a glitchy system;)

So does Disney. For the price of an on site hotel room you can have access to fp+.

If they said only people without kids or tall people could have fp+ that would be considered unfair.

Welcome to nine weeks ago! That's been one of the more prevalent and heated discussions here since the summer, so much so that many who want this forum to be all about pixie dust want the topic banished to a separate forum.

That's certainly the popular theory among off site guests, but it really doesn't matter who it is feeding cards into FP machines at rope drop; the FP for popular rides are disappearing early because so many of them are pre-booked. There may be some people reserving TSMM and Soarin' with FP+ and making rope drop and getting another, but most people using FP+ have expressed relief that they can sleep in.

That's also a popular and heated topic. You'd be surprised how mad some people can get that other people consider not going to Disney.

If I were going right now I would choose between hitting the parks early every day (and staying away from the ones with EMH) and enjoying the headliners attractions, OR staying in parks late to see the nighttime shows. Rope drop strategies still work well, they just leave me too exhausted to stay at the parks very late. If you can successfully split your days with a rest at the busy mid day time you can probably enjoy the attractions during the most non-busy times.

Lol, true:). But the $35 bucks is a bit easier on the checkbook.

It is what it is. There are always going to be new challenges. People are up in arms about all the new. There are always trade offs.

Hoping the op can just relax.

Universal gives the option to purchase the privilege. Not apples to apples.

Op, we are off site in a couple of weeks. I almost switched but decided 2 bedrooms for $250 was too sweet. I love some time to myself:)

Hopefully they cut the double dipping soon. Then those same people will be stuck with only three fp's and a glitchy system;)

You can't purchase the same privilege at Universal actually, only a cut down version of it. Plus, FP+ is still in testing, non-Disney guests will be able to purchase once it goes live (I understand)

You can't purchase the same privilege at Universal actually, only a cut down version of it. Plus, FP+ is still in testing, non-Disney guests will be able to purchase once it goes live (I understand)

Um. Fp+ isn't the same as universal's program either.

Bingo!

We never stay on property any more either so I completely agree with you. Their transportation is so bad it is just not worth it nor a perk I don't have 2-3 hours a day

We never stay on property any more either so I completely agree with you. Their transportation is so bad it is just not worth it nor a perk I don't have 2-3 hours a day

So it's not worth it to stay on site, but it's unfair that those that pay extra to stay on-site get extra incentives?:confused3

I've dealt with some pretty bad transportation at Disney, but never spent 2-3 hours a day on a bus. If you want to stay on-site for the extra perks but don't like the buses, rent a car.

Lol, true:). But the $35 bucks is a bit easier on the checkbook.

It is what it is. There are always going to be new challenges. People are up in arms about all the new. There are always trade offs.

Hoping the op can just relax.

$35???? I'm going to Orlando in April. The cost for a Universal Express pass is currently $89!!!! PER DAY, PER PERSON!

$35???? I'm going to Orlando in April. The cost for a Universal Express pass is currently $89!!!! PER DAY, PER PERSON!
They were $36 when we were there in January. Of course there were minimal lines so they weren't needed ;) out longest was 30 minute for fj.

$86 is crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter