Unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the last one to defend FP+ simply based on the lack of information regarding the entire system, but the one thing I don't think people have any right to complain about is preferred treatment that on-site resort guests receive. Sorry, but that's life. Disney SHOULD offer better incentives to guests willing to shell out the money to stay on property.

Sorry don't agree with this and we are DVC owners, it's as she says simply unfair.

Money does not make one entitled, loyalty does. Look at the rise in loyalty programs around the country. I spent a few years working for a loyalty marketing company and presented mounds of data on the results. The easiest way to increase revenues is to increase your share of wallet of your current customers. The old strategy of trying to mine new customers for increased sales is more costly and less effective across the board. A barand like Disney does not need to overspend to get new people in, everyone knows Disney and what they are, so this is not like selling some new invention. Disney needs to segment there current customer base by share of wallet and size of wallet. Then they need to determine a way to increase there share of wallet by focusing on the customers that have the either the largest wallets or the customers that have the greatest opportunity to increase share of wallet.

The 2 categories come down to your
1. high paying guests onsite that you need to give them more reasons to come back and thus spend more by increasing the utility the receive by visiting your property. (i.e Show them the benefits of FP+)
2. identifying current guest that are willing to shift spending from outside your property to inside your property (i.e. off-siters who are willing to move on-site to get FP+)

Again, not saying this is fair, but Disney has a great plan here, and if I was consulting for them, I would be giving them the thumbs up, because this is the current trend in all consumer goods & services sectors, incentivize loyal behaviors in your customers, preferably without having to spend any additional money to do so.

Then why have they left a lot of the AP holders out in the dark? Are these not some of your most loyal customers?

Actually, I've seen many people still insist that Disney ISN'T going to give off-site guests FP+ regardless of what Disney has already stated.

Meaning, they know Disney has stated this but still don't believe it.

I believe they will give it to offsite in some form but different from onsite.(better terms for onsite guests) It only matters what Disney says anyway not people on a message board.

Sorry don't agree with this and we are DVC owners, it's as she says simply unfair.
how is it unfair to give more for a higher price? I can go to a Ford dealership and demand to pay base car price for a top of the line fully loaded vehicle, but they would laugh me out of their showroom. Options and perks cost more in any facet of life.

Can you please explain why Disney should be different? I really am having trouble finding this understanding.

Folks there is a thread on disabilities forum regarding the changes to GAC.
All comments regarding this aspect are better discussed in that forum.

Thank you for keeping this thread appropriate to TPAS :)

I find it tiresome to hear people that don 't want to be "suckered" by Disney so they stay offsite. Yet, they still want the benefits of an onsite guest.

This makes no sense. Disney is a business. They owe you nothing.

Personally, I would like FP to be for onsite guests exclusively. But, I don't get to make that decision- Disney does. I'm not going to stamp my feet and expect them to do what I want.

They owe who nothing? All guests or just offsite guests?

I've never viewed it as I'm not being "suckered" to stay off-site. Our family can either stay off-site and visit the parks or stay on-site and not afford park tickets. Since we won't stay on-site and not visit the parks, Disney would get no money from our family. You are fooling yourself if you believe that Disney doesn't need off-site guest to help run their parks! If off-site guest attends start to fall then I think you can expect to see even higher ticket prices.

Why is it all of a sudden the perks that on-site guest have been getting all along aren't good enough?? If the value of the resorts and the perks they offer aren't good enough then why do guest continue to stay there??

mom isn't there another option

Go every other year so you can save the money to stay on site and get park tickets- this is what Disney wants you to do. It is more efficient for them to keep people on site even if they do not come as often because the margin is much higher and on site guests spend ALL of their money at Disney. It is possible for Disney to make more money on a park at half capacity if everyone is staying on property vs. a park at full capacity with half the guests staying off property

Demand at WDW is largely inelastic (at least it has been in the past), people are going to come to the parks regardless of the price and Disney wants to max their margin on everyone coming to the parks.

Then why have they left a lot of the AP holders out in the dark? Are these not some of your most loyal customers?
. Are you out in the dark or just not part of the test. You have the same info as all of us, so everyone is in the dark.

You are not in the test because you cannot fully test the MB's. FP+ is only part of the test.

Do you really think FP+ is a benefit? It's not. It would be if you could also get regular Fastpasses, but since you can't, it's no benefit at all. If anything, it's a disadvantage in that you can only get 3 per day. You can get as many regular FP as time will allow you. I'd prefer that. Plus, you don't have to plan exactly where you will be at a specific time 60 days in advance.

But your first post when replying to the fact you could do both, was it is fair,
you lost me now:confused3

. Are you out in the dark or just not part of the test. You have the same info as all of us, so everyone is in the dark.

You are not in the test because you cannot fully test the MB's. FP+ is only part of the test.

Agreed- AP holders who stay on property are not left out in the dark- we have APs and are staying on property and have our Magic Bands ready to go

Most people here probably think I am the biggest sucker for paying so much for these 'perks'

Will someone please 'explain' the issue being discussed on this thread? I don't quite get it, I don't think.:P
Thanks!:)

This was asking the poster who said you reward your most loyal customers. I would think AP holders are a pretty loyal customer, haven't they been shut out of the test? It sounded like it from what I've read.

This was asking the poster who said you reward your most loyal customers. I would think AP holders are a pretty loyal customer, haven't they been shut out of the test? It sounded like it from what I've read.
no. AP holders are able to test if they stay on sure like the rest if the testers. Only on-site guests can fully test all MB functions.

Will someone please 'explain' the issue being discussed on this thread? I don't quite get it, I don't think.:P
Thanks!:)

You know how you drop a rock in the ocean and it creates a ripple in all directions?

Pretend the rock is FP+ and the ripples are the direction of the conversation.

This whole customer loyalty will change drastically.
A very big American Corporation bouhgt an European company that will change this whole costumer loyalty for ever.
They paid billions of Dollars for a whole new system and it will be fun to watch the moaning.

You know how you drop a rock in the ocean and it creates a ripple in all directions? Pretend the rock is FP+.

I like the new system. It will work well for my family I think. Hopefully Disney will fix the glitches to end the cheating and dishonesty though.

JMO but I think any changes to AP holders will be to effectively cut down on issues that exist in DCL, since the system will eventually end up there as well. It seems as if they are trying to make the two parks identical, in the end.

This whole customer loyalty will change drastically.
A very big American Corporation bouhgt an European company that will change this whole costumer loyalty for ever.
They paid billions of Dollars for a whole new system and it will be fun to watch the moaning.

I think I might need a score card to translate this info.

I think I might need a score card to translate this info.

A big US company has bought an Eoropean firm that made billions in loyalty advertisement.
The whole coupon thing will be ended.
Coupons clipping will be outdated like reading stone tablets from dead Egyptians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter