*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember this at all. Are you saying they didn't let you into the park until 45 minutes after the start time? That seems like something I'd remember.

It definitely happened. I was very annoyed by it and Pete even mentioned it on the podcast. The food wasn't even supposed to be open until an hour into the party and I remember that we headed straight there once we got in.

**** 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***

Hey everyone, so we are 3 weeks out from the official start of the event so thought I would do a check-in to see how everyone was and see if any updates were needed to the schedule and/or if anyone had any updates to be made to the first page posts

Also, I am prepping the schedule tags I will printout and have for everyone - these will have the Facebook group logo on one side and then the below on the other side and a wire keychain so you can clip them to bags, etc.

I know at this point we are still waiting on hearing if the Sushi and Karaoke event is happening and the details for the Patreon event - hopefully details for both as well as timing of the podcast taping are out soon so I can update this and start producing them

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE HERE THAT SHOULD BE UPDATED (@czechplz - I saw a post from you that you may be changing the meeting time/place for the Universal meet ... let me know if that happened or not.

Also note, when I paste it in it shrinks it a bit and when I expand it it gets a bit blurry - the original one is very clear as far as text, etc.

Thanks all! Can't believe we are nearly there and super excited for everything!!!!

**** /end 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***

Thanks Max Rebo! Your comprehensive schedule is awesome! I have a few (minor) updates for it, if it's useful to you:
- Hoop de Doo review. Should we plan to meet at 8:00pm at Pioneer Hall? This will give us a chance to don our lime green handkerchiefs, a chance for chronically late people to be late and not miss our seating, and for us to socialize together! I just think being explicit with the arrival timing would be helpful. Thank you again for the hankies!

- Victoria Falls. It might be helpful to name the location as "AKV Victoria Falls Lounge" for folks that aren't used to the resort.

- (I don't know if you need this for the schedule) Wed. Aug 7. I'll wear a super bright lime green lace top to find me. Think BIG 80s!

Thanks!!

This looks awesome! :worship: Nothing to add to the tag but please add me to the pre party meet at Nomad Lounge. And as Tom Petty would sing "The waiting is the hardest part"! :mic:

Thanks Max Rebo! Your comprehensive schedule is awesome! I have a few (minor) updates for it, if it's useful to you:
- Hoop de Doo review. Should we plan to meet at 8:00pm at Pioneer Hall? This will give us a chance to don our lime green handkerchiefs, a chance for chronically late people to be late and not miss our seating, and for us to socialize together! I just think being explicit with the arrival timing would be helpful. Thank you again for the hankies!

- Victoria Falls. It might be helpful to name the location as "AKV Victoria Falls Lounge" for folks that aren't used to the resort.

- (I don't know if you need this for the schedule) Wed. Aug 7. I'll wear a super bright lime green lace top to find me. Think BIG 80s!

Thanks!!

Thanks for the thoughts - and good point about getting to Hoop Dee Doo a bit early - I know they suggest checking in at least 30 mins early, so maybe even earlier as a target ... bould do like meet at Crockett's Tavern before hand, checking in by 8 .... can you tell this is a kid free trip for me with all the pre-partying I am proposing ;)

I am getting really excited about this trip!!! I got my magicband in the mail the other day and I am going to make another payment for my room tomorrow. I didn't sign up for any of the "official" events because they didn't work with my schedule as I have friends that I am meeting up with at Animal Kingdom the afternoon of the party. I haven't seen them since 2016, so it will be good to hang out with them for a little bit at AK.

I have to get through next week with my work trip before I can truthfully say I am completely ready for this trip. I have started getting together a list of things I need to take (packing list).

I am working on getting things for the Wish List for GKTW. Since I am flying, I am going to be bringing some of the little things.

Thanks Phil for getting all of these "Un-Official" events together!!! I can't wait to see those that I already know and have met and also meet a bunch of new DISers during the week.

In the next couple of days I will send out the dedicated Plaza breakfast mail so we’re all joined up.

Signed up for the ice cream m social. Had wanted to meet my agent if she's there anywya but adding mickey and minnie pushed me to do it.

I don’t have an agent but Mickey and Minnie definitely pushed me over the top as well.

Also as it lasts till 5pm and I don’t want to go back to the hotel before HDDR, might go for a pre dinner-show cocktail if anyone wants to come with.

Thanks for the thoughts - and good point about getting to Hoop Dee Doo a bit early - I know they suggest checking in at least 30 mins early, so maybe even earlier as a target ... bould do like meet at Crockett's Tavern before hand, checking in by 8 .... can you tell this is a kid free trip for me with all the pre-partying I am proposing ;)
Another reason to get there early is that the Photopass photographer is out front taking pictures before the show.

Meet Up Ideas:

Welcome event - for adults, teens, and kids (At POP Century):
On Wednesday, August 7th, we will hold a welcome event so that people can introduce themselves and put some faces to names. This is a great opportunity to meet some people early on so you can see some friendly faces later in the week and at the party on Saturday. This will also be a chance for teens and kids to meet one other folk of the similar ages and hopefully make some new friends! I will lead the organization of this!

Note: several people have mentioned interest in a 2nd welcome event to be held at the Contemporary where the registration is. If you are, let me know (and what day/time you are thinking of) and we can try to organize something

Interested:
- @rchristiansen's daughter Stephanie (16)
- @sbenemerito (Shanda)'s and sons AJ (16) and Dylan(13)
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dkrauss and his wife
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3 and their mom
- @afan
- @sbenemerito
- @disneyholic family and Daughter (@Mickeymouseisking)
- @dina444444
- @skittles67
- @wnwardii
- @Ravens girl
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @PolkaDotPanda and husband
- @Dennis McEwen
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter
- @bartleyosu and husband
- @NWasikWare and sister Kate
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @gberg
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids
- @MK2010 and husband, DD (17) and her BF (14)
- @Brian_WDW74
- @Michele&Jessica
- @DanielleC

Monoral Bar Crawl:
Who doesn't love a good bar crawl? Join fellow DISers as we leverage the monorail to try drinks at the various monoral resorts. Note, the time and date were schedule to fit in and around a number of the official events that are taking place that day at the various monorail resorts

Date/time: Thursday, August 8th @ 3:00pm - 8pm

3:00pm: starting at the Outer Rim Bar at the Contemporary
4:00pm: Trader Sam's Tiki Bar
after that .... TBD

NOTE: If the Skyliner is open we can pivot to that or just something on the Skyliner-line at another date/time

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @Bedsypoppins and husband
- @PamNC
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @met19
- @DanielleC
- @jennie622
- @Skip3key and DW
- @Brian_WDW74
- @jennie622
- @Idaho Mouse and wife
- @DanielleC
- @AKL Ranger

Pre-Party Meet-Up:
Two options:

- A "Get Your Glow" pre-party at Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge hosted by @Tiggerette
- Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom

Interested in Victoria Falls:
- @Tiggerette
- @czechplz + 3

Interested in Nomad Lounge:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his dad
- @Gehrig1B and wife and daughter
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @Michele&Jessica (Michele only)
- @PolkaDotPanda and husband
- @dkrauss and wife
- @jennie622
- @Idaho Mouse and wife
- @AKL Ranger
- @Ron from Michigan and wife, and cousing and wife
- @gberg

Interested, but location TBD:
- @Cousin Orville
- @Nanb and sister
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @dina444444
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23)
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @gberg
- @isabellea
- @WorldExplorer
- @Malia78
- @115belladonna
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @JLoinDisney and her Husband
- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @Sylver
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @wnwardii
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Tiggerette
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @PamNC
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @TXMemaw and husband
- @met19
- @wariokartel and wife
- @troy63 and son
- @Lisann
- @Sylver
- @Brian_WDW74

Pre-Party dinner at Rianforest Cafe
Join fellow DISers for some sustenance before we party the night away. A 9:15pm ADR has been arranged by @Kathleen Glasgow at the Animal Kingdom Rain Forest Cafe

Interested:
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @k8Davies

Trivia Contest
Potentially at the Beach Club where it was held in the past on Mon, Wed, and Fridays

Interested:
- @Ravens girl
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @afan
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @NeuroCindy
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @bartleyosu
- @afan
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @PamNC
- @DanielleC

Yehaa Bob:
Catch Yehaa Bob Jackson as he rocks the Roost with his wacky piano playing and singing. His performances are typically Wednesday through Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Interested:
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @k8Davies
- @Nanb and Melody
- @PrncessA and family
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @afan
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3 and their mom
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Tiggerette
- @PamNC
- @Sylver

Universal Day:
Coordinated trip over to the dark side to enjoy Harry Potter Land with other fans - plan is to hold this on Tuesday, August 7th and meet at 3pm outside of the Three Broomsticks, right beside the Sirius Black poster. Reach out to @czechplz

Interested:
- @czechplz and 3 other adults
- @bartleyosu
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn and husband (though don't arrive utnil the 7th)
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle and her daughter

Miniature Golf Tournament:

NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!

Come compete with other DISers in a game of skill, luck, and fun - hosted by @AMusicLifeForMe

Date/time: Friday, August 9th @ 5:30pm

Interested:
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan
- @wnwardii
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @troy63 and son
- @DanielleC

A Disney Tour:
Keeping track of who has booked what tours .... please book on your own to whatever tour you want and I will keep this post update:

Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom:
- Thursday, August 8th @8:00am @Gehrig1B and wife
- Friday, August 9th @8:00am: @TheMaxRebo and wife; @DanielleC

Up Close with Rhinos (not Ryno):
- Sunday, August 4th @11:00am: @ChimneyJim
-Wednesday , August 14th @11:00am: @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking

Backstage Magic:
- Tuesday, August 13th @ 9:00am: @disneyholic family, @Mickeymouseisking

Interested:
- @wnwardii
- @Nanb and Melody
- @sbenemerito husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @CynthiaC925
- @pSTANchio and his wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Gehrig1B and wife (though have already done Keys to the Kingdom, so ideally something else)
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @DanielleC

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
A hilarious, high-spirited hootenanny the whole family will enjoy, accompanied by a finger-lickin’ countrified feast.

Currently booked ADRs:
* 2 booked by @PrncessA (2 ADRs, Category 1 25 spots and Category 2 10 spots)
Date and Time: Friday, August 9th, @ 8:30pm show

Confirmed Attendees:
Category 1:

1. @PrncessA
2. PrncessA's guest 1
3. PrncessA's guest 2
4. PrncessA's guest 3
5. PrncessA's guest 4
6. PrncessA's guest 5
7. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin
8. TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin's Mom
9. @SG131
11. @skittles67
12. skittles67's friend
13. @k8Davies
14. @Tiggerette
15. @Ravens girl
16. TheMaxRebo's Friend Jaso
17. TheMaxRebo's Friend Liz
18. @TheMaxRebo
19. TheMaxRebo's wife
20. @PolkaDotPanda
21. PolkaDotPanda's husband
22. @wiihoo888
23. wiihoo888's husband
24. @AMusicLifeForMe
25. AMusicLifeForMe's Dad

Category 2:
1. @gberg
2. @Kathleen Glasgow
3. @Brian_WDW74
4. @1Grumpy9
5. @WorldExplorer
6. @Maytulip32
7. Maytylip32's husband
8. @poohj80
9. poohj80's guest
10. @DanielleC

* One booked by @Lisann

* One booked by @CynthiaC925

Confirmed Attendees:
1. @CynthiaC925 - now cancelled

(2nd spot may be for @JLoinDisney - can you confirm?)

WAITLIST: Interested but needs a slot:
-

Currently in Tier 2 but prefers Tier 1:
- @DanielleC

Showed interest in the past, but didn't confirm - please indicate if still interested to be on wait list or try to find additional ADR:
- @115belladonna
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04

Illuminations Viewing:
This fan favorite nighttime show at EPCOT will be going away, so join fellow DISers to say goodbye. Could include the formal EPCOT Dessert Party or a less formal get together

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @dina444444
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @gberg
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @wnwardii
- @PamNC
- @troy63 and son
- @DanielleC
- @Lisann

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch .... part b) viewing of The Lion King at AMC Theaters:
Meet up in Disney Springs and join other DISers for lunch (likely either Homecomin' or Raglan Road). Additionally, a group will then go to the AMC Theater at Disney Springs to see the new "live action" Lion King movie

Date to be determined but might work nice on Saturday the 10th for mid-day activity before the party that night) - and the idea is for people to participate in either or both, but coordinate timing so people can attend both if interested

Interested in Lunch:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @DanielleC
- @Brian_WDW74

Interested in the Movie:
- @wiihoo888
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @hertamaniac
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3, and their mom

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Traveling solo and interested in doing a Character Meet but concerned about doing one by yourself? Then this is the event for you! Contact @afan if interested ... currently targeting a pre-park opening meal on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, with Thursday the leading contender

Current Booked ADR:
Date and Time: Thursday, August 8th, @ 9am
Confirmed Attendees:
- @afan
- @SG131
- @k8Davies
- @115belladonna
- @PamNC
- @Malia78
- @Ravens girl
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Also indicated interest (would need a cancellation or 2nd ADR to be made):
- @Sylver
- @Diapercat04
- @DanielleC
- @Brian_WDW74

World of Animation Night Time Show Viewing
A new nighttime show will premier in 2019 at DHS - The World of Animation. Join fellow DISers as we view this new show in a group!

Interested:
- @wiihoo888
- @Carma3, @ewrtomco and their mother
- @gberg

Group Photo with Mickey and Minnie in their 90th Birthday Outfits
To celebrate Mickey's (and Minnie's 90th birthday) Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration .... let's get a group together for a group photo!

Interested:
- @disneyholic family
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @115belladonna

Give Kids the World Volunteering
An opportunity to volunteer for a great organization and one very much in the hearts of all those at the DIS. Currently @dkrauss is set up for doing this on August 5th - connect with him if interested in joining that day. Note that you do have to fill out an application and be screened before you can volunteer there

Interested:
- @dkrauss
- @SG131
- @hertamaniac
- @rchristiansen
- @poohj80
- @NWasikWare and sister

2019 Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom on Thursday, August 8th (DVC Event)
Enjoy an evening of thrills, entertainment and more as the park becomes your playground. Event highlights include: Access to select attractions throughout the park, with shorter-than-usual wait times; Meet-and-greets with Disney Characters;A DJ dance party; Complimentary refreshments

This event is complimentary for Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests. A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)

Interested:
- @Carma3
- @Ron from Michigan
- @gberg
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Maytulip32
- @jennie622
- @troy63 and son
- @Skip3key and DW

Breakfast in Magic Kingdom
Join fellow DISers to grab a bite to eat in the Magic Kingdom - back to being planned for the Plaza! After, if you wish, head to the Contemporary to register for the Official event. @k8Davies is leading this adventure - and is planned to be the morning of Wednesday, August 7th!

Current Booked ADR:
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 7th, @ 10:05am @ the Plaza
Confirmed Attendees:

- @k8Davies
- @TheMaxRebo
- TheMaxRebo's Wife
- @DanielleC
- @SG131
- @Malia78 (maybe)

Also expressed interested:
- @JMB1960

EPCOT Event
@AMusicLifeForMe will lead and organize an event all about celebrating ECPOT:
- See the Voices of Liberty performances at 3:20 p.m. and 4:05 p.m.
- Dinner at Teppan Edo or Rose & Crown.
- Enjoy an evening at EPCOT as a group (ride some attractions and enjoy World Showcase).
- See the evening performance of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from Italy!

Date and time TDB

Interested:
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his dad
- @wnwardii (for dinner and Illuminations)
- @Lisann

EPCOT Scavenger Hunt
Test your knowledge and have some fun participating in a scavenger hunt at the one and only EPCOT! The contest will take place over the course of the event (from at the UnOfficial Welcome Party until the Pandora Party) and will have you answering trivia questions about EPCOT and taking pictures of various landmarks and hidden details in the park itself. Prizes will be awarded!!!! Contact @AMusicLifeForMe with questions and to enter your team!!!

Date and time:
- Starts: Wed 8/7 @ 4pm
- Ends: Sat 8/10 @ 11pm

Interested:
- @AMusicLifeForMe

Interested events that ....

Involve a bar/lounge:

- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @Dennis McEwen

Do NOT involve a bar/lounge:

Dinner - either at one location or progressive:

Are good for Solo travelers:
- @Ravens girl
- @afan
- @mcnealrkn
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @Malia78
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @1Grumpy9
- @115belladonna
- @Dennis McEwen
- @jennie622
- @Lisann

Are good for families:
- @PrncessA and family and friends

Take place in the morning/breakfast:
- @k8Davies - morning of the 7th / registration at Contemporary

Are outside of the Parks:
- @Lisann

Are inside a Park:
- @afan

please confirm my breakfast at the Plaza at MK.
and doing dinner at Rainforest at 9.15 with Kathleen on the 10th before the event
thanks

**** 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***

Hey everyone, so we are 3 weeks out from the official start of the event so thought I would do a check-in to see how everyone was and see if any updates were needed to the schedule and/or if anyone had any updates to be made to the first page posts

Also, I am prepping the schedule tags I will printout and have for everyone - these will have the Facebook group logo on one side and then the below on the other side and a wire keychain so you can clip them to bags, etc.

I know at this point we are still waiting on hearing if the Sushi and Karaoke event is happening and the details for the Patreon event - hopefully details for both as well as timing of the podcast taping are out soon so I can update this and start producing them

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE HERE THAT SHOULD BE UPDATED (@czechplz - I saw a post from you that you may be changing the meeting time/place for the Universal meet ... let me know if that happened or not.

Also note, when I paste it in it shrinks it a bit and when I expand it it gets a bit blurry - the original one is very clear as far as text, etc.

View attachment 418126

Thanks all! Can't believe we are nearly there and super excited for everything!!!!

**** /end 3-WEEK OUT SCHEDULE REVIEW ***
Excellent stuff here.......thanks @TheMaxRebo for coordinating this stuff. Great job. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the pool bar at PoP Century on August 7th @ 4pm...........for the UnOfficial Welcome Party 😊

Doug :goofy:

In the next couple of days I will send out the dedicated Plaza breakfast mail so we’re all joined up.

I don’t have an agent but Mickey and Minnie definitely pushed me over the top as well.

Also as it lasts till 5pm and I don’t want to go back to the hotel before HDDR, might go for a pre dinner-show cocktail if anyone wants to come with.

Yes, I'd be happy to meet up at Crockett's Tavern ahead of our showtime! I'd love to say hello to a fellow Rumors of Light Lounge buddy. I hope MaxRebo will join us too! yay!

To find me that night: I might be wearing my Pride Dorothy Gale, unless it's far too goofy to play dress-up for our dinner. I'm from New Orleans.... we have a problem with our "Is this too over the top?" filter.

Yes, I'd be happy to meet up at Crockett's Tavern ahead of our showtime! I'd love to say hello to a fellow Rumors of Light Lounge buddy. I hope MaxRebo will join us too! yay!

To find me that night: I might be wearing my Pride Dorothy Gale, unless it's far too goofy to play dress-up for our dinner. I'm from New Orleans.... we have a problem with our "Is this too over the top?" filter.

Over the top filter? LOL We're supposed to have FUN! It's Disney after all!!! Go for it Dorothy!

Oh no defo go for the Ms Gale attire - I plan to cowboy/cowgirl bound for the event.
Currently trying to find a checked tank and I’ve got a bandana for my hair.

Was debating cowboy boots but with the heat and ferry them in the luggage probably won’t bother.

Oh no defo go for the Ms Gale attire - I plan to cowboy/cowgirl bound for the event.
Currently trying to find a checked tank and I’ve got a bandana for my hair.

Was debating cowboy boots but with the heat and ferry them in the luggage probably won’t bother.

I completely hear you on the luggage. Ballet flats usually win out for me cause they're so versatile/light-weight/compact, even though more thematic shoes are just so much more awesome for the complete look. For example, I've got glitter-red heels, but it's hard for me to justify bringing them just for one outfit! Oh the dilemma!!! **melodramatic swoon on the divan** hehehe...

So very excited for your cowboy/cowgirl bound! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter