- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan
- @wnwardii
- @Braddy007 and wife

If you are not able to attend this event, please let me know.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this event.

Could I please excuse myself from this event. As with the hoop dee do dinner in the evening I want to make sure I have enough time to get to my back room and make myself presentable before the evening festivities.

Could I please excuse myself from this event. As with the hoop dee do dinner in the evening I want to make sure I have enough time to get to my back room and make myself presentable before the evening festivities.
Thanks for letting me know. I just want to let you know that this time was determined to allow people time to get to the Hoop De Doo Event.

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast ** Need to pick a day & time :drinking1

@Sylver @115belladonna @Ravens girl @k8Davies @Kathleen Glasgow

Since ADR day is fast approaching and it'll take a bit of time to get everyone's answers I'm posting now :)

@SG131 offered to make the ADR since her trip starts on the 3rd.

I'd prefer a pre park opening or at least the earlier the better so it hopefully won't interfere with any official events that might cause some/all of us to wish for a different time.

Looking at the resort list Thursday, Friday or Saturday should work for everyone (@Diapercat04 your dates weren't on the sticky so I hope one of these works)

The questions -

What is the order of your preference in case people like different days?
Do you have a preference on the time? Early as possible, as late as possible etc?

Right now we have 8 interested. Let us know if you are interested and hadn't said so or if you are no longer interested.

Please respond by Feb 2 since @SG131 's ADR date is Feb 4 so there's enough time for her to find out. Thanks!!

Since ADR day is fast approaching and it'll take a bit of time to get everyone's answers I'm posting now :)

I'd prefer a pre park opening or at least the earlier the better so it hopefully won't interfere with any official events that might cause some/all of us to wish for a different time.

Looking at the resort list Thursday, Friday or Saturday should work for everyone (@Diapercat04 your dates weren't on the sticky so I hope one of these works)

The questions -

Do you have a preference on the time? Early as possible, as late as possible etc?

Right now we have 8 interested. Let us know if you are interested and hadn't said so or if you are no longer interested.

Please respond by Feb 2 since @SG131 's ADR date is Feb 4 so there's enough time for her to find out. Thanks!!
I think I’d prefer Thursday with Saturday as my second choice. Friday I was going to do Hoop Dee Do with the group so the more distance from that massive amount of food the better!

Hi All,
Is there anyone that would like to co-host the "Get your Glow" meetup at Victoria Falls on Saturday 8-10pm? I'm fine being on my own, but I also like sharing and collaborating. I thought I'd throw that out there in case folks wanted to get involved, but didn't know how. :) *More Friendz, Moar Fun!*
Would love to help and we’re planning on being there. Not sure what all is involved in co-hosting, but would love to hear more:)

I’m booked for POFQ for 8/6 - 8/12. I’ll be solo for this event. I was fortunate enough to meet a few DISers on the Dis 20th event and am looking forward to meeting you all again, especially solo travelers.
I'll be solo too!

Proposal for a New Event:

Hi everyone! I am looking to possibly host an EPCOT event during the week at some point.

Event details go as follows:

Date: TBD

- See the Voices of Liberty performances at 3:20 p.m. and 4:05 p.m.
- Dinner at Teppan Edo or Rose & Crown.
- Enjoy an evening at EPCOT as a group (ride some attractions and enjoy World Showcase).
- See the evening performance of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from Italy!

If there are 8 people interested in this event, we can get an entire table at Teppan Edo.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this event.

I've added this to the list. EPCOT is definitely going to be a focus for my wife and I so depending on schedules we would like to join for at least part of it - though likely not dinner (just running out of evenings, etc. - and I think we are going to do the Illuminations package at Rose and Crown our last night)

You have to call Disney groups. The info is in the first post of the official thread. You have to have a room booked in the room block to get the convention rate.

i know that John said you need a group rate room, but according to two different CMs i asked when i called the group rate number, you don't have to have a group room to buy the tickets... both said we only have to be attending the event to qualify for the tickets whether or not we have a group rate room...

just call the group rate phone number and say you want the tickets..
but they're kind of limited tickets, so it might not be the best choice...make sure you get the details before you buy them..

I've added this to the list. EPCOT is definitely going to be a focus for my wife and I so depending on schedules we would like to join for at least part of it - though likely not dinner (just running out of evenings, etc. - and I think we are going to do the Illuminations package at Rose and Crown our last night)

could you add us to the enjoy an evening at epcot as a group please...
i don't know for sure that we'll be able to fit it in, but it sounds like fun..
when i say we, i'm referring to Disneyholic family and MickeyMouseisKing.....

thanks!!

also, has the official event announced their schedule?
i'm nervous about committing to unofficial events without knowing the official schedule...

plus you can get AP magnets! and access to AP exclusive merchandise (e.g., you get to spend money to have the honor of spending more money)

LOL.....and feel so proud while you're doing it!!
i didn't know you get a magnet.....is that new?
i haven't bought APs since 2011....

i'm nervous about committing to unofficial events without knowing the official schedule...

For the DIS 20th Event, the team didn't release their schedule until what felt like 2 weeks before the event. We were all saying the same thing at the last event.

It got to the point where I decided that I would do the unofficial meets that I was interested in, and if I was able to fit in an official meet, then that would be great as well.

I'm really hoping the team releases the schedule a lot earlier this time, but my schedule is already practically full of unofficial events as it is.

For the DIS 20th Event, the team didn't release their schedule until what felt like 2 weeks before the event. We were all saying the same thing at the last event.

It got to the point where I decided that I would do the unofficial meets that I was interested in, and if I was able to fit in an official meet, then that would be great as well.

I'm really hoping the team releases the schedule a lot earlier this time, but my schedule is already practically full of unofficial events as it is.

I recall a few shows ago they mentioned about these other events so I expect them to let us know of at least some of the other "Official Events" in a bit ... unfortunately likely not before the ADR booking window opens, but hopefully with a lot more notice than we got last year (like @AMusicLifeForMe mentioned, we were only a few weeks out and had like no details on any event beyond the main party)

I think there are very few things you couldn't cancel if something comes up "official" that you want to do - also, in the past they have often been fairly small amounts of people that could fit each official event, so I'd hate for you to hold off and then not get into an official one and miss out on an ADR or something for an Unofficial one

Most of the unofficial ones (just the meet up type ones) we can be fluid with as well

The questions -

I agree with pre park opening as it nice when it’s quiet, I would prefer the Thursday if possible, could do the Friday - although as I have the hoop Dee do on the Friday night and they serve sangria not sure I’d be up for an early morning on the Saturday ;)

I recall a few shows ago they mentioned about these other events so I expect them to let us know of at least some of the other "Official Events" in a bit ... unfortunately likely not before the ADR booking window opens, but hopefully with a lot more notice than we got last year (like @AMusicLifeForMe mentioned, we were only a few weeks out and had like no details on any event beyond the main party)

I think there are very few things you couldn't cancel if something comes up "official" that you want to do - also, in the past they have often been fairly small amounts of people that could fit each official event, so I'd hate for you to hold off and then not get into an official one and miss out on an ADR or something for an Unofficial one

Most of the unofficial ones (just the meet up type ones) we can be fluid with as well

that makes sense..
and i very much want to meet up with fellow disers, so i guess it doesn't matter if it's an unofficial or official event... :)

Details for the Miniature Golf Tournament Event:

Date: Friday, August 9th.
Time: 5:30 p.m.

The people that have expressed interest so far:

- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan
- @wnwardii
- @Braddy007 and wife

If you are not able to attend this event, please let me know.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this event.

i have to start a spreadsheet for this trip, or i'll never be able to keep it all straight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter