*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning to be a bit more relaxed this trip so probably less time in the actual parks, but will have the opportunity to go to them at least a bit for 5 days
I can honestly say that on our last trip in November, I found I enjoyed our time out of the parks a lot more than our time in the parks. The overcrowding is just really sucking the enjoyment out of the experience anymore. And the heat just makes it even worse. Maybe the crowds will be a bit lighter in August, though the heat won't be any better. Personally, I'm on the fence about the APs but DW still likes the freedom of having one and being able to come and go whenever. I'd probably be fine with a 5-day pass for the 11 days we'll be there. The parks just aren't that fun to me when they're jam packed.

I can honestly say that on our last trip in November, I found I enjoyed our time out of the parks a lot more than our time in the parks. The overcrowding is just really sucking the enjoyment out of the experience anymore. And the heat just makes it even worse. Maybe the crowds will be a bit lighter in August, though the heat won't be any better. Personally, I'm on the fence about the APs but DW still likes the freedom of having one and being able to come and go whenever. I'd probably be fine with a 5-day pass for the 11 days we'll be there. The parks just aren't that fun to me when they're jam packed.

i can definitely see a lot of our days being that we go to the parks for a few hours, maybe hit up whatever we have FPs for, and then taking a break or going elsewhere (another resort, Disney Springs, etc.) and then maybe going back to a park in the evening

Good thing is with having the DIS party, it puts less pressure on doing Pandora other times

***** Update on Hoop Dee Doo Revue *****

hi All, as we are just about 2 weeks out from being able to book ADRs, I am reaching out to those of you that have expressed interest in doing the Hoop Dee Doo Revue as a group.

I have started conversations with everyone that showed interest, though it said I couldn't include several of you (I assume due to not having enough posts) - those being @WorldExplorer, @Diapercat04, @Sylver, and @PolkaDotPanda

Please get back to me by end of day January 31st if you are interested enough to commit to this as it does require prepayment

Info for plan:
- Friday, August 9th, 8:30pm show
- Cost (after Tables in Wonderland discount) for tier 1 would be $56.70/person (includes tax and tip)

If anyone else is interested, let me know!

Also, i can book for up to 10 people on my TiW, so if we have more than that we will need at least one more person to book, so if you have a TiW and are willign to book, let me know!

Thanks!

***** End of Update *****

I just noticed I don’t seem to be on the garden grill list. I thought I was before, but either way definitely interested in that one.

i'm not sure what ticket we'll buy...
the group rate ticket is only good for 8 days and i think we'll be there for 11 or 12...
the fact that we're there for more than 10 days, makes a regular ticket problematic as well...
in the past, we bought either a 14 day or 21 day UK ticket, but they're no longer available to anyone not in the UK/EU (the rest of the world used to also be able to buy it as long as you weren't in north america)..
so that may leave us with only one option - an AP....

the group rate ticket is only good for 8 days and i think we'll be there for 11 or 12...
the fact that we're there for more than 10 days, makes a regular ticket problematic as well...
in the past, we bought either a 14 day or 21 day UK ticket, but they're no longer available to anyone not in the UK/EU (the rest of the world used to also be able to buy it as long as you weren't in north america)..

You’ll get merch and food discounts with an AP and it’s an incentive to visit again before it expires lol

plus you can get AP magnets! and access to AP exclusive merchandise (e.g., you get to spend money to have the honor of spending more money)

hi All, as we are just about 2 weeks out from being able to book ADRs, I am reaching out to those of you that have expressed interest in doing the Hoop Dee Doo Revue as a group.

I have started conversations with everyone that showed interest, though it said I couldn't include several of you (I assume due to not having enough posts) - those being @WorldExplorer, @Diapercat04, @Sylver, and @PolkaDotPanda

Please get back to me by end of day January 31st if you are interested enough to commit to this as it does require prepayment

Info for plan:
- Cost (after Tables in Wonderland discount) for tier 1 would be $56.70/person (includes tax and tip)

Also, i can book for up to 10 people on my TiW, so if we have more than that we will need at least one more person to book, so if you have a TiW and are willign to book, let me know!

Thanks!

Sorry to say thay we will not be able to meet up for the Hoop De Doo. Thanks Ron

Hi All,
Is there anyone that would like to co-host the "Get your Glow" meetup at Victoria Falls on Saturday 8-10pm? I'm fine being on my own, but I also like sharing and collaborating. I thought I'd throw that out there in case folks wanted to get involved, but didn't know how. :) *More Friendz, Moar Fun!*

It will be hot in August.....that is a guarantee :P My wife and I visited in August in 2018 and found that starting early, then breaking on or a bit after lunch, and then returning in the evening helped us contend with the heat. Although with that plan we had to contend with the Florida rain. o_O No perfect answer.

As far as park crowds.......we try to look at crowd calendars...(plural). Again not a perfect answer but we found that it helped. We've gone several times during Jersey Week and other than the F&W festival on weekends (when crowds in Epcot can be extreme) we found that to be a busier time period than August. I think once SWGE opens WDW has a whole will be more crowded, with HS being stupid crowded.

In the end it's each individual's vacation.....so how you feel about it is your call. You (or anyone) need to decide and go from there. The more experience you have with WDW I would think make planning for this a bit easier.

I must say I do look forward to meeting you disneysteve during the week......in the parks or outside the parks :-)

Doug :goofy:

It will be hot in August.....that is a guarantee :P My wife and I visited in August in 2018 and found that starting early, then breaking on or a bit after lunch, and then returning in the evening helped us contend with the heat. Although with that plan we had to contend with the Florida rain. o_O No perfect answer.

As far as park crowds.......we try to look at crowd calendars...(plural). Again not a perfect answer but we found that it helped. We've gone several times during Jersey Week and other than the F&W festival on weekends (when crowds in Epcot can be extreme) we found that to be a busier time period than August. I think once SWGE opens WDW has a whole will be more crowded, with HS being stupid crowded.

In the end it's each individual's vacation.....so how you feel about it is your call. You (or anyone) need to decide and go from there. The more experience you have with WDW I would think make planning for this a bit easier.

I must say I do look forward to meeting you disneysteve during the week......in the parks or outside the parks :-)

Doug :goofy:
I agree with all of that, Doug. We went in August 7 years in a row when DD was in middle and high school so we know that drill. Get an early start. Take a break around 12 or 1. Grab lunch offsite and go back to the condo for a shower and a rest in the AC. Then dinner out and back into the parks around 6pm.

And I'm sure everybody agrees that HS will be "stupid crowded" once SWGE opens. Heck, Toy Story Land was stupid crowded when we were there in November. You could barely move in there. We spent about 10 minutes checking it out before leaving because of the crowd. I can't imagine how much worse SWGE will be. I don't expect to get a good look at that for at least a couple of years.

I definitely hope we get to meet in August. We'll be there for about 11 days so plenty of time to connect with people.

I plan on arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday. I'm thinking Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm thinking 4 days. Hey - question - how do we get the group rate tickets? Do you have to purchase now or can you purchase later .. closer to the event?

I plan on arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday. I'm thinking Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm thinking 4 days. Hey - question - how do we get the group rate tickets? Do you have to purchase now or can you purchase later .. closer to the event?
You have to call Disney groups. The info is in the first post of the official thread. You have to have a room booked in the room block to get the convention rate.

Info for plan:

Thanks!

With this kind of pressure :duck:how can I resist? I've got an 8 day park hopper and I'm not sure it will be enough! So, if I'm not too late please sign me up for Hoop Dee Doo Revue and while you're at it the POP party as well!

Thanks!

Glenn

Phil, I realized we're not actually down for any of the events. We would definitely be interested in the Welcome Event, the Bar Crawl, the Pre-Party Meet-Up, and possibly Trivia, so add us in for those. We might be up for a couple of other things but not sure until we have a better idea of the schedule.

Proposal for a New Event:

Hi everyone! I am looking to possibly host an EPCOT event during the week at some point.

Event details go as follows:

Date: TBD

- See the Voices of Liberty performances at 3:20 p.m. and 4:05 p.m.
- Dinner at Teppan Edo or Rose & Crown.
- Enjoy an evening at EPCOT as a group (ride some attractions and enjoy World Showcase).
- See the evening performance of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from Italy!

If there are 8 people interested in this event, we can get an entire table at Teppan Edo.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this event.

Details for the Miniature Golf Tournament Event:

Date: Friday, August 9th.
Time: 5:30 p.m.

The people that have expressed interest so far:

- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan
- @wnwardii
- @Braddy007 and wife

If you are not able to attend this event, please let me know.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter