*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our first trip! I’m bringing the husband and two of our friends for an adult only getaway weekend. This was the perfect excuse. Sooo excited! Staying at AKV Kidani 8th-11th. This makes 3 trips for me in 2019 and 4 trips for my husband.

ETA: Not our first ever trip, just first Dis trip!

Last edited:
This will be our first trip! I’m bringing the husband and two of our friends for an adult only getaway weekend. This was the perfect excuse. Sooo excited! Staying at AKV Kidani 8th-11th. This makes 3 trips for me in 2019 and 4 trips for my husband.
That is so awesome looking forward to meeting you all. I am staying at BLT with my sister Carma3 and our mom from the 6th to 12

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the boards, so I hope I’m replying to the right thing! Haha. I discovered The Dis in 2017 when I was planning my bachelorette party and I have been slightly obsessed ever since! I don’t get to Disney often, so I have to live vicariously through the podcast! I’m excited to be attending my first Dis event with my husband!! We are staying at French Quarter Aug 9-11th. We are interested in the bar crawl or any of the resort meet ups. I’d love to meet fellow fans. It seems like this is an awesome community and I can’t wait to be a part of it!

:welcome: glad to hear you are able to make it! I've added you to the first page for your hotel and for the bar crawl - definitely great to meet even a few people before the main event so you will see some friendly faces at the event!

ETA: Not our first ever trip, just first Dis trip!

:welcome: you are definitely not the only ones using this as an excuse for an adults only getaway!!! (he said speaking about himself)

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the boards, so I hope I’m replying to the right thing! Haha. I discovered The Dis in 2017 when I was planning my bachelorette party and I have been slightly obsessed ever since! I don’t get to Disney often, so I have to live vicariously through the podcast! I’m excited to be attending my first Dis event with my husband!! We are staying at French Quarter Aug 9-11th. We are interested in the bar crawl or any of the resort meet ups. I’d love to meet fellow fans. It seems like this is an awesome community and I can’t wait to be a part of it!
It will be so awesome to meet you this is also our first event as well

So excited, and may be overthinking but...how have Dis event groups made ADRs in the past for the unofficial events? Separate at the same place or together? I have a TIW membership and would be glad to help for Hoop dee doo once we determine a date. Just know ADRs are creeping up on us, and not sure which dates are hammered out for the events or what to do when the time comes. Thanks

Hello - not sure where I'm staying just yet but I'll be there 8/7 - 8/12. I definitely want to do the pre-party for pandora on the 10th. I'll know a little later about the other meet-ups. How do I get my name added in on the events? I'm probably doing this wrong.

Meet Up Ideas:

Welcome event - for adults, teens, and kids (At POP Century):
On Wednesday, August 7th, we will hold a welcome event so that people can introduce themselves and put some faces to names. This is a great opportunity to meet some people early on so you can see some friendly faces later in the week and at the party on Saturday. This will also be a chance for teens and kids to meet one other folk of the similar ages and hopefully make some new friends! @rchristiansen will lead the organization of this!

Interested:
- @rchristiansen's daughter Stephanie (16)
- @sbenemerito (Shanda)'s and sons AJ (16) and Dylan(13)
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dkrauss and his wife
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3 and their mom
- @afan
- @sbenemerito
- @disneyholic family and Daughter (@Mickeymouseisking)
- @dina444444
- @skittles67
- @wnwardii
- @Ravens girl
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @PolkaDotPanda and husband
- @Dennis McEwen

Bar Crawl:

Note: this was originally the Skyliner Bucket Crawl, but Disney has announced the official opening as "Fall 2019" so we can't expect to be able to ride it.

Option 1: Skyliner "Bucket Crawl" if open, to include a meal at Sebastien's Bistro at Caribbean Beach

Option 2: Monorail Crawl: Can also include a stop at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge

Option 3: Disney Springs Crawl: Stopping at some of the best places for a drink at Disney Springs

Option 4: Boardwalk - including Abracadabar and Jelly Rolls

Option 5: Combination of the above, likely to end at the Boardwalk/Jelly Rolls

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @Bedsypoppins and husband

Pre-Party Meet-Up:
Either at Victoria Falls Lounge at animal Kingdom Lodge or Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom (or both depending on interest). Also potential for this to be a "get your glow on" party for passing out "glow" items for having at the Pandora Party.

Interested:
- @Tiggerette
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his dad
- @Cousin Orville
- @Nanb and sister
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23)
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @gberg
- @isabellea
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @dkrauss and wife
- @WorldExplorer
- @Malia78
- @115belladonna
- @Gehrig1B and wife
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @JLoinDisney and her Husband
- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @Sylver
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @wnwardii
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Tiggerette
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife

Trivia Contest
Potentially at the Beach Club where it was held in the past on Mon, Wed, and Fridays

Interested:
- @Ravens girl
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @afan
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @NeuroCindy
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @bartleyosu
- @afan
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Yehaa Bob:
Catch Yehaa Bob Jackson as he rocks the Roost with his wacky piano playing and singing. His performances are typically Wednesday through Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Interested:
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @k8Davies
- @Nanb and Melody
- @PrncessA and family
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @afan
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3 and their mom
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Tiggerette

Universal Day:
Coordinated trip over to the dark side to enjoy Harry Potter Land with other fans - plan is to hold this on Tuesday, August 7th and meet at 3pm at the Knight Bus. Reach out to @czechplz

Interested:
- @czechplz and 3 other adults
- @bartleyosu
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn and husband (though don't arrive utnil the 7th)
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @pSTANchio and his wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Miniature Golf Tournament:
Come compete with other DISers in a game of skill, luck, and fun - hosted by @AMusicLifeForMe

Interested:
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan
- @wnwardii
- @Braddy007 and wife

A Disney Tour:
As a group, experience a behind the scenes tour that Disney offers. Possible tours include Keys to the Kingdom or the Up Close with Rhinos Tour

Interested:
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @wnwardii
- @Nanb and Melody
- @sbenemerito husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @CynthiaC925
- @pSTANchio and his wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
A hilarious, high-spirited hootenanny the whole family will enjoy, accompanied by a finger-lickin’ countrified feast.

Interested:
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Diapercat04
- @Tiggerette

Illuminations Viewing:
This fan favorite nighttime show at EPCOT will be going away, so join fellow DISers to say goodbye. Could include the formal EPCOT Dessert Party or a less formal get together

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @dina444444
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @gberg
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9
- @wnwardii

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch .... part b) viewing of The Lion King at AMC Theaters:
Meet up in Disney Springs and join other DISers for lunch (likely either Homecomin' or Raglan Road). Additionally, a group will then go to the AMC Theater at Disney Springs to see the new "live action" Lion King movie

Date to be determined but might work nice on Saturday the 10th for mid-day activity before the party that night) - and the idea is for people to participate in either or both, but coordinate timing so people can attend both if interested

Interested in Lunch:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Interested in the Movie:
- @wiihoo888
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @hertamaniac
- @ewrtomco, @Carma3, and their mom

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Traveling solo and interested in doing a Character Meet but concerned about doing one by yourself? Then this is the event for you! Contact @afan if interested

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Diapercat04

World of Animation Night Time Show Viewing
A new nighttime show will premier in 2019 at DHS - The World of Animation. Join fellow DISers as we view this new show in a group!

Interested:
- @wiihoo888
- @Carma3, @ewrtomco and their mother
- @gberg

Group Photo with Mickey and Minnie in their 90th Birthday Outfits
To celebrate Mickey's (and Minnie's 90th birthday) Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration .... let's get a group together for a group photo!

Interested:
- @disneyholic family
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @115belladonna

Give Kids the World Volunteering
An opportunity to volunteer for a great organization and one very much in the hearts of all those at the DIS. Targeting doing this one of the days of the weekend before the event (August 3rd and/or 4th) or the weekend of the event (August 10th and/or 11th) - of potentially both if enough interest. Note that you do have to fill out an application and be screened before you can volunteer there

Interested:
- @dkrauss
- @SG131
- @hertamaniac
- @disneysteve
- @rchristiansen
- @poohj80

2019 Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom on Thursday, August 8th (DVC Event)
Enjoy an evening of thrills, entertainment and more as the park becomes your playground. Event highlights include: Access to select attractions throughout the park, with shorter-than-usual wait times; Meet-and-greets with Disney Characters;A DJ dance party; Complimentary refreshments

This event is complimentary for Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests. A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)

Interested:
- @Carma3
- @Ron from Michigan
- @gberg
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Maytulip32

Breakfast at the Plaza in Magic Kingdom
Join fellow DISers to grab a bite to eat at the Plaza which recently started offering breakfast. After, if you wish, head to the Contemporary to register for the Official event. @k8Davies is leading this adventure - and is planned to be the morning of Wednesday, August 7th!

Interested:
- @k8Davies
- @SG131

Interested events that ....

Involve a bar/lounge:
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @Dennis McEwen

Do NOT involve a bar/lounge:

Dinner - either at one location or progressive:

Are good for Solo travelers:
- @Ravens girl
- @afan
- @mcnealrkn
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @Malia78
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @1Grumpy9
- @115belladonna
- @Dennis McEwen

Are good for families:
- @PrncessA and family and friends

Take place in the morning/breakfast:
- @k8Davies - morning of the 7th / registration at Contemporary

Are outside of the Parks:

Are inside a Park:

- @afan

Bartleyosu is very interested in DVC moonlight magic. We are DVC but resale. Also bar crawl, tours, and Disney Springs.

So excited, and may be overthinking but...how have Dis event groups made ADRs in the past for the unofficial events? Separate at the same place or together? I have a TIW membership and would be glad to help for Hoop dee doo once we determine a date. Just know ADRs are creeping up on us, and not sure which dates are hammered out for the events or what to do when the time comes. Thanks

So for the Unofficial events that require an ADR we would try to book as one ADR or as few reservations as possible so we can sit together. I know for the last event we had an unofficial lunch at Homecomin' and we wound up making 2 ADRs (just as people decided at differnet points to join) and we weren't able to be sat together.

So I would definitely like to organize for, say, Hoop Dee Doo, to book together so we can sit together

The downside is that we don't know what the Official events will be so if something comes up that conflicts you would have to pick which one to do .... at least this year we have a lot more notice in general, last time we were much closer to the event when doing a lot of this planning and many of the official events didn't get scheduled until only a few weeks out

Hello - not sure where I'm staying just yet but I'll be there 8/7 - 8/12. I definitely want to do the pre-party for pandora on the 10th. I'll know a little later about the other meet-ups. How do I get my name added in on the events? I'm probably doing this wrong.

not really a right or wrong way ;)

I've added you to the first post as "TBD" for location and that you are interested in the pre-party

:welcome:

Hey Everyone! My husband and I will be there Aug. 8-12. We have our tickets for the party and our room ressies booked at POP. Looking forward to our first DIS meet. We have loved watching the DIS over the years and are very excited to be apart of the twenty year celebration! :)

Just guessing at this point, but how many park days is everyone actually doing with all these other events? Are you thinking like Thursday and Friday? Or more or less?

Last edited:
Our dining day is in less than two weeks. We have some reservations I will be able to add another person to if anyone is interested.

Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby on the 6th.

Lunch at Nine Dragons on the 8th.

Dinner at Via Napoli on the 9th.

Breakfast at Olivia's on the 13th.

Just guessing at this point, but how many park days is everyone actually doing with all these other events? Are you thinking like Thursday and Friday? Or more or less?

While I have an AP, we got my wife a 5-day pass with hoppers (just what the best deal was at Undercover Tourist before they changed the ticket structure)

We are there Tuesday to Tuesday, so will have 6 full days, so plan to have 1 off day where we don't go to the parks ... that will likely be Sunday as a) recovering from the party and b) we are switching resorts that day

We are planning to be a bit more relaxed this trip so probably less time in the actual parks, but will have the opportunity to go to them at least a bit for 5 days

Not quite sure as of yet, we are looking at landing in Orlando on Wednesday around noon. I would assume Wed night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We are looking ahead to see if we want to buy group rate tix or an AP. We enjoyed Festival of the Arts last year and are kicking ourselves for not going this year, so an AP may be purchased.

Another factor will depend on when and where all the events are happening, so as more details come, it will help make our decision.

While I have an AP, we got my wife a 5-day pass with hoppers (just what the best deal was at Undercover Tourist before they changed the ticket structure)

We are there Tuesday to Tuesday, so will have 6 full days, so plan to have 1 off day where we don't go to the parks ... that will likely be Sunday as a) recovering from the party and b) we are switching resorts that day

We are planning to be a bit more relaxed this trip so probably less time in the actual parks, but will have the opportunity to go to them at least a bit for 5 days

Was Undercover Tourist cheaper than the Group Tickets? I think they were park hoppers and included a water park day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!