Twins? who's got them?

I too have twins....As you can see in my sig..1 boy and 1 girl.
They're 9 now, and the best thing that clueless people always say is..Do twins run in your family & are they Identical. hmmmmmm (as I think to my self) Identical...Yeah but 1 huge difference ...LoL at first it used to annoy me but now I laff it off and have fun with it..:thumbsup2

My twins are 6. Err, I mean 6 1/2.

Tips: Nothing you haven't heard before but...

1. It goes by fast. Enjoy these times.
2. It DOES get easier.
3. We hired a nanny when my wife went back to work when they turned 1.
4. You will love it when they can buckle and un-buckle themselves.

Now we're heading to WDW with them.

We have identical 5 year old twin boys. They visited Disney World for the first time in February of 2012 and haven't stopped talking about it since! We have a surprise trip planned for May and I cannot wait to see their reactions when they realize where we are going.

My twins are 6. Err, I mean 6 1/2.

Tips: Nothing you haven't heard before but...

1. It goes by fast. Enjoy these times.
2. It DOES get easier.
3. We hired a nanny when my wife went back to work when they turned 1.
4. You will love it when they can buckle and un-buckle themselves.

It was a beautiful day!! :yay:

I have 4 year old identical girl twins. They celbrated their 4th birthday in the parks ... BBB, CRT, etc. We had a blast!!

Yay twin mamas! I have 8 year old boy/girl twins. My advice is something someone shared with me "it is long days but short years, enjoy them". That has been the most accurate description of our twin journey so far. Blessings to you!

I'm so glad I found this post!! I'm currently pregnant with fraternal twins (via IVF) - both girls. I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but content to wait until they're ready (or when I hit 38 weeks, which is when the Drs will start getting fussy about inducing me...)

I also have a 3yo DD, who has been to WDW twice now (and DL once). In reading all of the posts, it seems like most of you wait until your twins get a bit older - is it really that impossible to bring twins to WDW? (We had so much fun bringing DD at 9mo old - she had her first haircut at the barbershop! I'm hoping to be able to get the twins' first haircut there too!

I'm so glad I found this post!! I'm currently pregnant with fraternal twins (via IVF) - both girls. I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but content to wait until they're ready (or when I hit 38 weeks, which is when the Drs will start getting fussy about inducing me...)

I also have a 3yo DD, who has been to WDW twice now (and DL once). In reading all of the posts, it seems like most of you wait until your twins get a bit older - is it really that impossible to bring twins to WDW? (We had so much fun bringing DD at 9mo old - she had her first haircut at the barbershop! I'm hoping to be able to get the twins' first haircut there too!

We took our identical twins (IVF) when they were 10 months old the first time... And have done it 9 times since- and that is with a 5 hour flight from across the country to boot! It can totally be done!!!

Each time is a new adventure and has been some of our best memories ever! The last 3 times ive done it as a single mom... And its still manageable. It's Disney.... Go enjoy it!

Ps... Congrats on your pregnancy!

We took our identical twins (IVF) when they were 10 months old the first time... And have done it 9 times since- and that is with a 5 hour flight from across the country to boot! It can totally be done!!!

Each time is a new adventure and has been some of our best memories ever! The last 3 times ive done it as a single mom... And its still manageable. It's Disney.... Go enjoy it!

Ps... Congrats on your pregnancy!

I agree. You can do it. We traveled a TON when our twins were babies. We lived in Oregon then and my family lives out here in New England. We traveled back and forth twice a year. Our first trip they were 5 months old. We also went to Hawaii and Wisconsin. We didn't go to DL until they were 2 but that was because we had other trips planned and just didn't get around to it. I would have taken them younger if money and time were more available! We had older kids as well. When my twins were born my oldest had just turned 5 and my second just turned 4. So we traveled with 4 kids under 5! :) If I can do it, you can too!!!

Congratulations again!!!

We took our twins when they were 14 months (I have an older one as well who was almost 7 at the time). I didn't find it that much harder than when we took my oldest at 9 months. I think having experience with one makes having 2 a little easier (my sister also has twins, but no other children. She took hers when they were a year and seemed to have a much harder time). I will say we drove the first time we took our twins because of the sheer volume of stuff we had to take with us. My twins have been every other year since then and we have always had a good time. :thumbsup2

Hi all! Glad to see this post! I have 2 (3 in June) year old twins! :tinker: :smickey:

We're making our (them & me!) first trip to Disney World in May! Can't wait!

We first took our twins to WDW when they were about 3 weeks shy of their 2nd birthday. We had skipped the year before because my husband was too intimidated to take 2 1 year olds on a plane. We could have done it I'm sure, he was just nervous. ;). It was a bit of a rough trip, but only because we were short a set of hands. My ODS has a disability & requires more assistance than a typical child his age.

We resumed our yearly WDW habit, but have brought my MIL these last 2 trips. (Which comes with it's own issues!). I'm ready to go back to just "us." Hopefully next trip.

When taking twin babies/toddlers, make good use of the grocery delivery services. The sheer amt of diapers or pull ups, wipes, formula (if needed) with 2 can be a bit much. But a Garden Grocer order with all the baby supplies, plus a few familiar snacks & we were set.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

My twin boys will be 21 this summer! All I can say is that it has been a really fun adventure! :goodvibes We did not take our children to Disney until they were 6. It just worked better for me that way. I have loved every minute of all of our children.

We are planning a trip this Dec. My daughter and one of the twin boys will be with me. :)

Melissa

We have 4 yr old twins. B/G and we promised Disney for their big 5th birthday. The countdown is on. Twins were the best thing to happen to us. They are so different and are the best of friends. Always looking out for each other. Even when they bicker. I love their bond soooo much. It truly is special.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

8 yo b/g

Last year for their 8th birthday we surprised them with their first trip to Disney! Surprising them again after the last day of school :D

I have 6 year old identical twin girls and they have a 7 year old sister. We are taking them to Disney next week for their first trip. I can't wait! They are super shy so I am hoping that they will get pictures taken with the characters, but even if they don't, I know it will be magical for thempixiedust:

Our identical twin boys are 12 and they will be going on their 4th trip to Disney in 2 weeks!

I have 10 year old fraternal twin boys. Took them to DL when they were in 1st grade. They were hooked! One of them wants to be an animator for Disney and the other a Disney chef! We also have a 7 yr old. Three boys...luckily they humor me and watch Princess movies with me! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter