Twins? who's got them?

kaleighmariesmom

DIS Veteran
I have been reading the boards and noticing that there are a lot of moms of twins out there. I have twins too!! A boy and a girl who just turned one.. so who else has twins and wants to share their twin tips??

My twins are (gasp!) 17yrs old now, both girls. :) :)

Advice? Enjoy them. Let them do their own thing, don't always insist they be together. My girls have friends that are "their" friends, and then they each have a few friends that are more just their own. I love that they have their own personalities, but are still very close.

Oh...and don't have great expectations about the toy sharing. We had two dollhouses, two doll cribs, etc. :) Have fun!!!

I have b/g twins, they're 23. They were my 2nd and 3rd, they're sister was 2 when they were born. My first had some medical issues as a baby so the twins were a picnic compared to her. Just don't sweat the small stuff.

I have boy/girl twins. They are 9. I have no advice, but it is soooo much easier now that they are older.

I have 5 1/2 yo boys (and a big sister), I thought it got easier after the first 6 months or so but it is starting to go downhill now that they are no longer in the same class at school and have different friends and go to different parties.

Oh well I will adapt, they certainly did!

I have 8 year old fraternal twin boys. I think the first year was the hardest, especially since one had terrible reflux issues. Once that was resolved at about 14 months, it's really been easier I think than my friends with singletons.

My boys seem to be best friends outside of school. They are in the same class at school, but you'd never really know they were even brothers in school. They have their own interests.

That said, we've never had a problem with shared gifts (things that can really be shared, like games, playdoh, etc).

I didn't dress them alike as infants and toddlers, but when they hit about 4 they wanted to have the same shirt, shoes, etc. Now they choose their clothes for the day and sometimes still end up with the same shirt; however, one prefers denim shorts and the other khaki.

They also prefer to share a room. We have another room if one of them didn't want the one they share. One night one of them wanted to sleep in the other room and did. Never asked about it again.

They also take turns staying the night with grandma. Gives them some one-to-one time (for both). When they get invited to others' homes (and they always get invited together), most times they both go, but sometimes only 1.

Our neighbors until recently were twins girls 5 months younger than our boys. My SIL has a twin brother. I think b/g twins relationships play out a quite different.

3 1/2 yr twin girls.....it's a riot! Seriously, my twins had a rough start (and 1 contintues to), with feeding tubes etc...so my tips may not be applicable to most!! They sure do love all things disney tho!

I have 6 year old boy/girl twins and my son is on the autism spectrum. Doesn't necessarily get easier as they get older, just gets different.

Id. girls that just turned a year! Planning our first trip for them & their fantastic 3 yr old sis next fall!

I have identical girls that are 3 1/2 and a son who is 15 months younger (so it was almost but not quite like having triplets for a while). While they are identical, they have very different personalities. I let them explore their own interests and spend one on one time with each of my children. While they look exactly alike, they are individuals so I treat them as such. The older they get the more fun we are having!

My ID boys will be 3 at the end of the month. They are really lucky to have me as a mom :rolleyes: (and family in both Southern CA and Florida) because they've been to WDW 3 times, and DL twice! But no more trips planned until next fall. I am going to hate paying for their tickets :eek:

I have 5 kids. Oldest is 19 months older that her fraternal twin brothers. After the first two years (which were REALLY hard). The twins are probably the easiest of all our kids. They are freshman in HS now.

We never dressed them a like or refer to them as "the twins" they have been treated as(and definitely act like) separate people from the very beginning.

My twins are 9.5 yrs old (oldest DS & DD). It's nice to see a lot of boy/girl twin families here on the DIS! I can't comment on life getting easier as they got older because we had more children after them :rotfl: but I do remember that we attracted a lot of attention when we were out and about with them during their infant months. Now we just attract attention in public because we have a lot of kids :laughing:
Our twins were a huge motivation for us wanting to take our recent first trip to Disney because they are growing up so fast heading into these tween years. It's hard to believe they will be Disney "adults" soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter