• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn Around and See What Happens -- It's Whoopi Time and that's a wrap 3/31; F&G add

I really like the room pics....except that tree :rolleyes: the wonderful WDW garden view :rotfl: Sorry about the wait for the Plaza. Good thing Mark was there the help with the leftovers :)

Lovely MK Photopass pics (as always) :hug:

We still had a few minutes to check in for our ADR, so I decided we should stop for photopass pictures (I had gotten the Photopass+ for this trip). Mary and the girls were doing something else, so we got just Mark and I to start:
Great pictures!!!

We had about a 20 minute wait before we were taken to a table. And it really ticked us off as there were plenty of empty tables. I think they were very understaffed.
Oh man… that is like to opposite of our experience there in Nov. Maybe some day I'll write about it. :lmao:

The girls waiting to order:

They are both so stinkin' cute!!!

Overall, it was an enjoyable meal. But for the first time in ALL of our meals here, the service was absolutely horrid. Slow, unfriendly and not cheerful at all. Mary and I have decided to skip it with the girls in May/June, but Mark and I will do it in September...it is a tradition for us after all
Hummm… we need to figure out if we are going to have a meal together…. My vote is Kona. What cha think?

Wow... you really were. :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:
Find your first post and post it here… :coffee:

Love the photopass pix!!!
Sorry your meal/service at the plaza wasn't as good as it should have been. The bread on those kids' meal sandwiches is really dry. I had a kids' meal at AofA but it was with a pulled pork sandwich so the BBQ sauce helped to moisten the bread. I am sure the girls were really disappointed.

I'm late! I'm late, for a very important dis-update!!!

Well, at least I finally made it. I am looking so forward to your TR, as always. It's just what I need to put a big Disney smile across my face.

Sorry your first meal was disappointing, but nothing could dampen the feel of walking into the MK during the Christmas holidays!

read you soon! :surfweb:

I think this was Mary's--the Philly Steak sandwich:

They need to change the name to the pretend Philly Steak sandwich. :lmao: I am always amazed at what is passed off as one of our signature sandwiches. I hope it was god at least.

Sorry you had such bad service. I have never eaten at the Plaza and this didn't help sell me on it. I do like the counter service at MK usually but if I ever get to my TR I'll be telling of my bad service.

That is so cool your room was ready! I think we all hope for that, don't we. :goodvibes

The room itself... the view, not horrible. I mean... it could have been a parking lot or roof top. At least there were trees.... I hope to stay at BWV in October. Right now we are booked for OKW, but I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to switch. Looks like a nice room but it does seem to be different than other pictures I have seen.

Sorry that service was lacking at the Plaza. That is can be so disappointing. \

Great photo pass pics!!!

Bummer about Plaza Restaurant having lousy service. I've never found the servers to be overly friendly but slow service stinks.

I loved the Christmas decorations in the lobby of the BW. That's awesome that your room was ready already. Makes it easier to dump your bags and move on with your park plans. :goodvibes I'm looking forward to your big Dis meet up at the party. :thumbsup2

Caught up. Now where to begin. To answer your question Im in a small town outside of Cedar Rapids.

I love early morning flights. I always need a connecting flight so never arrive early. Hubby and me work weird hours so getting up never a problem. Although I only fly alone or with daughter.

Love pictures of BW. I might need to start looking into that resort too. Right now I am reading about four or five different resorts.:confused3

Sorry about your Plaza adr. Except for the girls sandwiches the rest of the food looked good. I still haven't eaten here.

Can't wait for your dismeets. How exciting to get to meet Tim. :cool1:

That stinks that you had such lackluster service at The Plaza! We had a great time there when we visited in October. Your food looks SO GOOD! Hopefully it tasted just as good!

I can't remember the last time we have been on the MK ferry! Such pretty views on approach, though.

I love, love, love your photopass pictures!!! The different borders are so fun!

Sorry you had a disappointing meal at The Plaza. I am always amazed when I hear about the long waits for a table here, and I think your report is the second one I have read recently detailing a lot of empty tables but still a long wait. :(

It sounds like your afternoon/evening is going to get a whole lot better though!

Thank you for sharing! I'm really enjoying reading your TR. We've done many trips to DL but hope to one day make it to WDW.

Bummer about the poor service - no matter how good the food is, bad service can really be a downer!

The girls are adorable!

Every time I go into a new room, I tell everyone "stop, don't put anything on the beds.....DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!!" :rotfl2: Have to get pictures!

Great PP shots! What a fun way to really start the trip.

Sorry that the Plaza wasn't a great experience. I really dislike it when I'm disappointed by places that are normally great.

Two Great Updates Kathy !!! Sorry you had a rotten view from your room !! Janet and I had a perfect one !! Te room looks wonderful !! CSR was on our list of places to say but as you know I was with a bunch of resort changers soooo:rotfl2::rotfl2: I updated both my threads today !! Ooops I missed one pt that I have not updated :rotfl2:

Thanks, Rosie. I didn't care about the view this trip so I wasn't upset about it.

AWESOME update Kathy! LOL, tell Mark I LOVE his t-shirt! Looks like something I would wear!

I will, thanks Alan (he has a couple of real winters).

And I cannot believe how Mary's girls have grown since I met them in 2009! Wow! I think it's cool that two of my DIS friends are friends! :grouphug:

Isn't it unbelieveable? They grow in huge spurts every eyar I see them.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

We did; hope you did too.

These are some great PP photos, Kathy! And Mark's shirt is too funny! I love it.

Thanks, Karin. That is one of his favorite t-shirts.

Sorry about the service at The Plaza. The food looked good though, well, apart from the "sandwich" the girls had - what is it? It looks so dry.

I had absolutely no complaints about our food, the service was just really bad this time.

All desserts look yummy, even though yours is the winner for me. :thumbsup2

There were no complaints on dessert (LOVE Hot Fudge Sundaes).

Onboard! New poster, but I have read your reports :) :thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome: Thank you so much for joining. :goodvibes

Can't wait for some hat pics!! :wizard:

They will be coming...I promise.

Belated Merry Christmas! Have a wonderfully busy weekend enjoying time with the kids.

Thank you, Mary Ellen. I hope you had a great Christmas. We had a wonderful 3 days with the kids.

Love the room. I completely forgot you were staying at the BWV. Love the room. Interesting - the big love seat in there. Not the usual love seat, but the other white one. I've stayed there a few times and I have never had that in my room.

We really enjoyed our stay there (although hoping for a better view when we stay there again in September).

Absolutely love the PP pictures on Main Street. Makes me want to get there for Christmas SO bad! It just looks lovely.

Christmas is now a favorite time to be there.

Kathy, I love your Photopass+ pictures, they came out so nice, and Mark really didn't look all that "Grumpy" in those pictures. :rotfl:

Thanks, Bob. No he didn't, did he?

Sorry to hear about your experience at the Plaza Restaurant. I'm sure it was just a rare bad day there... I'm willing to bet the next time you go back it will be all that you have come to enjoy at the Plaza Restaurant.

I'm in no way giving up on the Plaza; we love the food and desserts so much. Every restaurant has an off day as far as service is concerned.

By the way, we must have just missed you when you had your breakfast at WCC. We were checked out of the WL and just walking the lobby and taking some final pictures of the resort before heading back home on the DME when you were there. It would have been nice if the pixie dust would have come our way, bumped into you (not literally, LOL), and had the chance to say bye. :(

That's too bad; I wish I had known. We walked around the lobby before breakfast and after breakfast. :(

I thought I had subscribed to this already, but I guess not. So HEY, I'm here and following along.

I love the Boardwalk. We are staying at Old Key West in April, but I might try to get the Boardwalk for Thanksgiving. I just love it there during the holidays.

Sorry you had a bad experience at the Plaza. Maybe next time they will make up for it. I love the fires there. Perfect !!

Looking forward to reading about the party !! We have never done that one and I would really like to someday.

Susan

Wow... you really were. :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Yes he was.

That's the good kind of busy though. :thumbsup2

It is; and we had so much fun with them.

I understand that staffing is usually the issue, but nothing irritates me more than sitting around waiting when I see empty tables. :headache:

And what really frosted me? The table that I saw empty for 15 minutes at least is the table we ended up sitting at. :furious:

There's always room for ice cream.

Absolutely!

Yuck. I know you like the Plaza. It's disappointing that it didn't quite live up to the standards.

Food was great as always, just bad service. I will be back in September.

Kathy, I missed telling you Merry Christmas so I'll move on to say Happy New Year! (even though I'm a little early ;))

Thank you, Lisa. Happy New Year to you too.

The Boardwalk looks so pretty and the room so large. Gotta love having the extra space to move around in.

The studio is not as big as the one at OKW, but we thought it was a ver nice size.

You know what? You're not the first person that I've heard talk about lousy slow service at the Plaza. Oh and having to wait for a table even though there were lots of open tables in the restaurant.

I've read that myself a few times lately. We will be back in September and hoping service is the way we have come to expect.

I really like the room pics....except that tree :rolleyes: the wonderful WDW garden view :rotfl: Sorry about the wait for the Plaza. Good thing Mark was there the help with the leftovers :)

Thank you, Jeanette. The tree kind of took away from the view, but not a biggie this trip Mark is always good for helping with leftovers. I should have mentioned that the girls helped with my cheeseburger once they decided they didn't ike their sandwiches.

Lovely MK Photopass pics (as always) :hug:

Thank you. :)

Great pictures!!!

Thanks, Tim.

Oh man… that is like to opposite of our experience there in Nov. Maybe some day I'll write about it. :lmao:

It was so upsetting because we've always had such good service in the past.

They are both so stinkin' cute!!!

Yes they are!

Hummm… we need to figure out if we are going to have a meal together…. My vote is Kona. What cha think?

Kona for breakfast? I'm all over that. And then maybe head to the MK together for awhile?

Find your first post and post it here… :coffee:

And he did (and I'm not even thinking of trying to find mine).

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36676030&postcount=1415

Pretty sure it isn't my first post ever on the Disboards, but I have no frickin' idea what it was. It took long enough just to find this one. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl:

That's why I'm not looking for mine.

Love the photopass pix!!!
Sorry your meal/service at the plaza wasn't as good as it should have been. The bread on those kids' meal sandwiches is really dry. I had a kids' meal at AofA but it was with a pulled pork sandwich so the BBQ sauce helped to moisten the bread. I am sure the girls were really disappointed.

Thank you, Linda. I was very happy with the way they turned out. They were not happy, but enjoyed your burger.

I'm late! I'm late, for a very important dis-update!!!

You aren't too late. We're just really getting started. :)

Well, at least I finally made it. I am looking so forward to your TR, as always. It's just what I need to put a big Disney smile across my face.

Awww...thanks. :goodvibes

Sorry your first meal was disappointing, but nothing could dampen the feel of walking into the MK during the Christmas holidays!

Nothing could spoil being at the MK during the holidays.

read you soon! :surfweb:

Thanks!

They need to change the name to the pretend Philly Steak sandwich. :lmao: I am always amazed at what is passed off as one of our signature sandwiches. I hope it was god at least.

I hear you; that's like places in Florida saying they have Chicago style pizza. :rotfl2: Mary seemed to enjoy her sandwich a lot if I remember correctly.

Sorry you had such bad service. I have never eaten at the Plaza and this didn't help sell me on it. I do like the counter service at MK usually but if I ever get to my TR I'll be telling of my bad service.

Oh, please don't let that chase you away from The Plaza. They have great comfort food; this is the only time in over ten trips that we've had bad service there. Oh dear...that doesn't sound good at all.

That is so cool your room was ready! I think we all hope for that, don't we. :goodvibes

We sure do! And it's nice to get it every once in awhile.

The room itself... the view, not horrible. I mean... it could have been a parking lot or roof top. At least there were trees.... I hope to stay at BWV in October. Right now we are booked for OKW, but I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to switch. Looks like a nice room but it does seem to be different than other pictures I have seen.

It wasn't the worse view, and it really wasn't a big deal for us this trip. I didn't expect to like the BWV to tell you the truth and was pleasantly surprised. I hope you get to experience it. Although I wouldn't be upset with OKW at al.

Sorry that service was lacking at the Plaza. That is can be so disappointing. \

It can, but we weren't letting it get us down. We all felt better after we had food in our tummies.

Great photo pass pics!!!

Thanks, Ann.

Bummer about Plaza Restaurant having lousy service. I've never found the servers to be overly friendly but slow service stinks.

We've had some "somber" servers there, but never bad service.

I loved the Christmas decorations in the lobby of the BW. That's awesome that your room was ready already. Makes it easier to dump your bags and move on with your park plans. :goodvibes I'm looking forward to your big Dis meet up at the party. :thumbsup2

The decorations were very pretty; and the lobby is beautiful. It was great being able to make a quick change of clothes and hit the park.

Caught up. Now where to begin. To answer your question Im in a small town outside of Cedar Rapids.

We've been to Cedar Rapids a number of times for wrestling. :)

I love early morning flights. I always need a connecting flight so never arrive early. Hubby and me work weird hours so getting up never a problem. Although I only fly alone or with daughter.

Why don't you fly with hubby? /COLOR]

Love pictures of BW. I might need to start looking into that resort too. Right now I am reading about four or five different resorts.:confused3

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the villas at BW. What resorts are you looking at?

Sorry about your Plaza adr. Except for the girls sandwiches the rest of the food looked good. I still haven't eaten here.

The adult food was very good.

Can't wait for your dismeets. How exciting to get to meet Tim. :cool1:

The DISmeet coming up soon. I am so pumped to meet Tim and the family.

That stinks that you had such lackluster service at The Plaza! We had a great time there when we visited in October. Your food looks SO GOOD! Hopefully it tasted just as good!

Ali, it was disappointing because we had never had bad service there before. A little slow at times, but this was downright brutal. The food was very good.

I can't remember the last time we have been on the MK ferry! Such pretty views on approach, though.

I really enjoy the ferry (I'm not a fan of the monorail at all) and love the breeze as you go across Bay Lake.

I love, love, love your photopass pictures!!! The different borders are so fun!

Thank you. :)

Sorry you had a disappointing meal at The Plaza. I am always amazed when I hear about the long waits for a table here, and I think your report is the second one I have read recently detailing a lot of empty tables but still a long wait. :(

Oh, Dee, the meal wasn't disappointing at all for the adults....just the girls. I really don't understand why at such a usy time of year that they are so understaffed.

It sounds like your afternoon/evening is going to get a whole lot better though!

It most certainly is.

Thank you for sharing! I'm really enjoying reading your TR. We've done many trips to DL but hope to one day make it to WDW.

:welcome::welcome: Thank you so much for reading. Funny you should say that. We've done over 25 trips to DW, but never DL. We hope to rectify that in 2015.

Bummer about the poor service - no matter how good the food is, bad service can really be a downer!

Yes, it can; but we had a party to go to so we kept a good outlook.

The girls are adorable!

Yes they are.

Every time I go into a new room, I tell everyone "stop, don't put anything on the beds.....DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!!" :rotfl2: Have to get pictures!

And you'd think they would ALL know that by now! I'm constantly reminding Mark. :rotfl2:

Great PP shots! What a fun way to really start the trip.

Thanks; I was happy with them.

Sorry that the Plaza wasn't a great experience. I really dislike it when I'm disappointed by places that are normally great.

I hear you; I was really kind of shocked.

I thought I had subscribed to this already, but I guess not. So HEY, I'm here and following along.

Susan, I'm happy to have you here.

I love the Boardwalk. We are staying at Old Key West in April, but I might try to get the Boardwalk for Thanksgiving. I just love it there during the holidays.

I don't think BWV will ever overtake our love for OKW, but we really, really liked it. And it is great during the holidays.

Sorry you had a bad experience at the Plaza. Maybe next time they will make up for it. I love the fires there. Perfect !!

I'm sure it will be fine next time.

Looking forward to reading about the party !! We have never done that one and I would really like to someday.

Susan

We have loved the party; although I really wish they would stop overselling them.

After our slow service at the Plaza and finally getting the bill taken care of, we got over to our first ride with our first FP+. And that ride would be:

Don't know what it is, does this help?

We had a great ride and got some ride photos:

After our ride on Buzz, we headed back up Main Street. Mary thought she lost a bag with Cayley's Christmas dress in it and her sweatshirt for the night and wanted to check at Guest Relations Lost & Found. A few pictures while we waited:

No luck with the bag (but we ended up finding it in our trunk). A couple of more photos before we head to our next attraction.

We stopped at the Emporium for Mary to get a sweatshirt for her and Cayley.

While Mary paid for her purchases, I ran across the street to stop here:

I was needing coffee to get a new boost of energy for the party.

We headed back to Tomorrowland as we had a Fastpass to use. I gave in to the girls and we did Space Mountain. Mark won't do it because of his neck surgery a few years ago and Mary hates it. I'm not a fan, but I didn't want to let the girls down so off we went. And, as luck would have it, we got the back of the capsule and I had the very back seat (had to keep Cayley in the middle). I still hate this ride, but this one I can do for the girls (unlike EE or Rock & Roll).

After our ride, I was in need of some of this:

Up next, we hit a few more attractions and have a mega DIS meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter