TSA Combined Thread (braces, ports, guests with disabilities and airport screening)

Ok... I have had jaw surgery and have metal plates and screws in my face. You can see them on an xray but they have never set off a metal detector. I'm flying in a little over two weeks and I sent the TSA an email asking how I should handle this, but never received a reply beyond a generic "We have received your email" email.

I've read most of this thread and I'm still a little confused...

Should I tell the TSA agents before I go through a scanner, or just let it go? I just want to know to allow myself extra time if it causes an issue. Is it going to show up at all?

Ok... I have had jaw surgery and have metal plates and screws in my face. You can see them on an xray but they have never set off a metal detector. I'm flying in a little over two weeks and I sent the TSA an email asking how I should handle this, but never received a reply beyond a generic "We have received your email" email.

I've read most of this thread and I'm still a little confused...

Should I tell the TSA agents before I go through a scanner, or just let it go? I just want to know to allow myself extra time if it causes an issue. Is it going to show up at all?

My jaw hardware gives me no trouble at all. And it is combined with a bunch of metal in one of my ankles that I shattered a few years ago. You shouldn't have any trouble. Worst that will happen in any case is that you will get a pat down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter