Trump visit on December 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I found earlier today, the event was planned for Disney in November, but was moved to Dec 7 this week. No details about the updated visit have been released. So...it may not even be at Disney anymore.

From what I found earlier today, the event was planned for Disney in November, but was moved to Dec 7 this week. No details about the updated visit have been released. So...it may not even be at Disney anymore.
Seeing multiple sources state that the venue moved to GF

Are you being serious? This is the first I’ve ever heard that rule, and I’ve been on the boards (sometimes more than others) since 2004 I think. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing or complaining or anything, I’m just dumbfounded I’d never heard this mentioned.

or were you being sarcastic🙃??
It’s right there in the guidelines. Now it’s subjective though. We don’t get rid of or give warnings for every little sarcasm type post. If we did this would be a very boring place.

It’s right there in the guidelines. Now it’s subjective though. We don’t get rid of or give warnings for every little sarcasm type post. If we did this would be a very boring place.
Thanks for replying and for the info. Maybe I’ll have to go look for these guidelines sometime 🙂! I tend to be a very sarcastic person, but since you can’t tell sarcasm online it’s hard and I try to reign it in haha. Guess that’s a good thing here! I do think I’ve written things on here and then just came out and said that was sarcasm to avoid any issues- I’m glad I didn’t get a warning 😬!

This news is making me a bit nuts right now.

We have reservations for GF Cafe for breakfast followed by a day at the MK and the dinner at Narcoosee’s.

I cannot imagine that this will throw some kind of monkey wrench into our plans,

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and on our check out day 12/7 DH is going on an offsite fishing charter with DS; DD and I were gonna boat to MK to RD. Then we were gonna leave MK around noon and boat back to WL. Worried DH will be stuck in traffic (we have a rental car) trying to pick us up at WL...we fly out that late afternoon.

It sort of depends on how big the "security" bubble is...just speaking from past experiences (RNC 2004 in NYC and other presidential visits) the most DISRUPTIVE time frame is when the motorcade is in transit. Once they arrive at the destination, it's a set radius where you need to have a reason to be there sort of thing.

This is my experience as well. I was in Philly several years ago when someone visited. My office was about a block away from the hotel where he arrived late afternoon, but I stayed at work late into the evening because public transportation was a mess with all the roads blocked for the motorcade. That was pre-9/11, I can only imagine it's worse now.

We will be driving from Universal to a wedding event in Disney springs that afternoon. Should we expect to see closures/delays or are the issues typically all closer to where the actual event is held?

There's typically a rolling roadblock (for lack of a better term) from the airport to the destination. Once they get where they're going the perimeter is established. Usually they publish what is closed/when a day or two in advance. Just keep an eye on the local news that week.

We will be driving from Universal to a wedding event in Disney springs that afternoon. Should we expect to see closures/delays or are the issues typically all closer to where the actual event is held?
Road closures will be along whatever route is taken from/to the airport (I'm assuming MCO), so there will be traffic disruptions far away from where the actual event is being held.

Apparently planes will be unable to land or take off from MCO for a while.
That is correct. There will be a complete ground stop ordered until AF1 has landed and the motorcade has departed (and then in reverse). So there could be lengthy delays for people departing around the time he's supposed to arrive/depart.

DH has been stuck more than once by AF1 coming/leaving the airport he's traveling through.

Would it be safe to assume that since it is an evening event that a mid-morning flight out of MCO would not be affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter