Trump visit on December 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 4:30 flight out of MCO Saturday afternoon ugh. Wonder why time they’ll be arriving at MCO for an evening fundraiser...

I live in Palm Beach and I have gone through this more than once in the past 3 years. I have actually gotten stuck for the motorcade 3 times already.

I don't think it will be as bad as people think it will be. Yes that ENTIRE week you will see Secret Service, bomb sniffing dogs, etc..... at the GF doing their scouting. (might be metal detectors to enter GF property)

I am assuming this will be at the Convention Center which is a separate building that SS and security will be able to cordon off pretty well.

- Arrival and Departure of AF1 at MCO
-Arrival and Departure of motorcade to the GF
- when POTUS is in the convention center

Those 3 will be the big headaches.

Airport will be closed while POTUS is on the grounds. MOST roads will be closed during the motorcade. While POTUS is in the convention center there will be VERY tight security around the GF. That is when I could possibly see the monorail and some bus interruptions.

During these events they bring POTUS in very quickly and get him out very quickly. I can't see him being at the convention center for more than 1-2 hours. During that time will be the worse.

Yes that ENTIRE week you will see Secret Service, bomb sniffing dogs, etc..... at the GF doing their scouting. (might be metal detectors to enter GF property)

We just went through this when he visited The Villages a few weeks ago in Florida. The airport was a sight to see leading for 2 days up to his visit. We could see the US Marine Ospreys and security quarantine the fueling station which was impressive.

I am actually leaving early afternoon on the 7th from Bay Lake Tower. Does anyone know when POTUS is supposed to land at MCO? It is morning, afternoon, or late afternoon. Will be traveling with 4 year old grand daughter and need to know if I should be prepared with extra entertainment in case of a delay.

I am actually leaving early afternoon on the 7th from Bay Lake Tower. Does anyone know when POTUS is supposed to land at MCO? It is morning, afternoon, or late afternoon. Will be traveling with 4 year old grand daughter and need to know if I should be prepared with extra entertainment in case of a delay.

These events are usually in the afternoon to night range. Usually between 4pm-9pm. But I dont think the actually time has been released yet.

But POTUS won't be at the entire event. If he is scheduled to speak at like 7pm he will land at MCO around 6:15pm and get to the GF by 7pm speak and be back at MCO by like 9. They will get him in and out very fast.

arrival is always closer to the actual event time - so I would not worry if you are morning or early afternoon travelers. They will get on the ground and on the move in a pretty quick and orderly process. They use the rolling road block which is not too much of a hassle - just closes on and off ramps for a few minutes right when they get rolling in a domino type fashion. They will use the south airport exit and get on the 417 to head to WDW, so no real impact to I-4 or SR 528. Most guests will not even see any real impact.

We are flying in on 12/8, any word how long he will be there? If it's an overnight stay?

Are you sure he’s flying into MCO? He may fly into Kissimme, or he may helicopter from MCO to Disney.

Are you sure he’s flying into MCO? He may fly into Kissimme, or he may helicopter from MCO to Disney.
I would imagine its going to be very similar to when the VP was at the GF in 2017.

I do know he had a motorcade to the GF

As to which airport it will probably be MCO but I guess could be an airbase nearby. The FAA will release that info about 4 or 5 days before arrival

Will he already be at Mar-a-Lago for the weekend, or do we know for sure he's flying into Orlando on Saturday?

The event is a dinner where he is the keynote speaker. So he will be arriving and leaving in the evening. My guess is he will spend the weekend at Mar-a-Lago and take Marine One to and from the event.

The event is a dinner where he is the keynote speaker. So he will be arriving and leaving in the evening. My guess is he will spend the weekend at Mar-a-Lago and take Marine One to and from the event.

Don't think they will use Marine One. Too much time in the air for a helicopter from Palm Beach to Orlando.

The weekend before is Thanksgiving. We know for a fact he will be in Palm Beach that week. Does he stay for the entire NEXT week or go back to DC? That we won't know until a couple of days before,

Don't think they will use Marine One. Too much time in the air for a helicopter from Palm Beach to Orlando.

The weekend before is Thanksgiving. We know for a fact he will be in Palm Beach that week. Does he stay for the entire NEXT week or go back to DC? That we won't know until a couple of days before,
It would be a little less than an hour in Marine One.

It would be a little less than an hour in Marine One.

It's rare they would keep POTUS in the helicopter for longer than ever needed. YES its a short trip for the normal person but not for POTUS. AF1 most secure transportation.

Also in the past 3 years he has used AF1 from PBI to Tampa and other parts of Florida.

This of course assuming he is not flying from DC.

We have 7:30 dinner reservations for GF Cafe, wonder if there will be restrictions on people entering and exiting the property at certain times. Double whammy this trip, didn’t plan on ROTR opening on the 5th either 😫

I feel the same about this being a double whammy. :sad1: My husband and I have reservations at V&A's at 6pm the night of 12/7. I was beyond excited about it but now I'm so nervous that it's going to get ruined by this mess.

I feel the same about this being a double whammy. :sad1: My husband and I have reservations at V&A's at 6pm the night of 12/7. I was beyond excited about it but now I'm so nervous that it's going to get ruined by this mess.

I dont think it will be as bad as people think. They should have everything cordoned off to the convention area. I would just leave a little earlier to get to the GF.
I'm scheduled on a flight out of MCO at 1830 that evening.
MCO will stop operations when AF1 lands and POTUS gets off and into the motorcade and again when he arrives back and takes off. It's a short period of time.

The biggest problem is Magical Express second guessing when to schedule airport trips for homebound guests (and guests not using DME privately second guessing when to leave the resorts or a park back to the airport).

The other problems are secondary, and miniscule if Disney is willing to cooperate, including not charging cancellation fees for missed restaurant reservations and not cancelling entire stays for guests delayed by a day.

No.
(copied from another forum) Occasionally presidential travel schedules two (redundant) trips with different routings, for example both a helicopter and a motorcade possibly pulling out of different airports to head to the convention hall. The intent is to make it harder for miscreants to follow the president. For Donald Trump there could be both Air Force One and his own jet in the air, maybe one landing at MCO, the other at Orlando Executive airport..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter