Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you pay to switch? I was told there is nothing that they can do for us and that they put a note on our reservation to not be near the dogs but now others have said dogs will be allowed in whatever rooms not just a section.
Since this trip is not until March of 2018, there was availability at POP. We booked 2 preferred rooms there and saved about 400.00. CM was very nice and cancelled AOA and helped me rebook.
CM was understanding and said they had a child allergic to pets also. I hope dogs are not allowed to cross the bridge to POP.
We are paying out major $$$ to visit a mouse but the only dogs I want to see on the trip is Pluto & Goofy lol.

Since this trip is not until March of 2018, there was availability at POP. We booked 2 preferred rooms there and saved about 400.00. CM was very nice and cancelled AOA and helped me rebook.
CM was understanding and said they had a child allergic to pets also. I hope dogs are not allowed to cross the bridge to POP.
We are paying out major $$$ to visit a mouse but the only dogs I want to see on the trip is Pluto & Goofy lol.

I also will be at pop in march and I will have my service dog with me. He will be with me in the parks as well. He won't cause any problems because we spent 2 years training him. Just giving a heads up,if you see us we are friendly lol

Just to put my cards on the table, I am a %100 cat person and do not really care for dogs at all. I think this idea is absolutely horrific, and (I'm fully prepared for hostile responses) that the majority of dogs brought on property will be permitted to bark and run around on long leashes with great abandon. People in general are simply not respectful enough to control their dogs both in and out of WDW. I also do not foresee WDW enforcing 'good behavior' and this not lasting long. Based on others in the thread, it appears I have plenty of company in regards to my sentiments.

I'll stick with AKL and hope they don't adopt this policy. I will absolutely not stay on any property at WDW which allows pets.

P.S. I know I sound totally miserly, which is not normally the case; this just really sounds awful!!

I am a dog lover & I think this sounds horrific. So no hostility from me!

I also will be at pop in march and I will have my service dog with me. He will be with me in the parks as well. He won't cause any problems because we spent 2 years training him. Just giving a heads up,if you see us we are friendly lol
I have no problem with service dogs. They are well trained, behaved and I admire them for their loyalty to their owners.

I believe That during Hurricane Irma, when the resorts had many pets, they discovered that the animals did not cause any problems. We were there and loves seeing all the dogs at Pop. I think WDW will see these rooms being well booked.
You don't think that many of the well off resorts guests bring along their pets already?

How the heck is Mousekeeping expected to enter a room with an unattended dog? That's crazy!
Andre posted a list of rules on the POR thread and it said that housekeeping will only clean rooms when the guest is present.

Looks like the outer corners are the most likely. This is what they will be handing out to guests with dogs from Sunday:

PO.org-Guest-Resort-DogsPolicy.png

Andre

I actually thought it may decrease this. My thought is that ppl did that to bring their dogs with them but only brought them to the parks b/c they weren’t allowed to leave them in the room b/c a true service dog would need to be with his person. But now some ppl will quit that. Maybe, I’m wrong. Just a thought.

I think more people will claim they have a service dog just to avoid paying the fees at the dog resorts.

I just cannot get over how Disney opted to do this to people that have trips booked. I'll be at Poly next month and if it were on the list I'd be livid. What the flip happened to customer service? Book your vacation, pay major $$$$ and be told "oh well". Thats just shady.

Please, please, please, everyone who is against this awful policy, send an email to:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Maybe if enough people complain, this will get reversed....

Where was the big demand for this? Everyone I spoke with about this (and all of them are dog owners) thinks this is a terrible idea. For about the same cost, I can send my dog to a boarding kennel where she gets to play all day with other dogs and is very well taken care of. One thing I look forward to on vacation is not having to get up super early every day to take the pooch for a walk.

Where was the big demand for this? Everyone I spoke with about this (and all of them are dog owners) thinks this is a terrible idea. For about the same cost, I can send my dog to a boarding kennel where she gets to play all day with other dogs and is very well taken care of. One thing I look forward to on vacation is not having to get up super early every day to take the pooch for a walk.
This. We’ve seen all these Disney surveys to see if changes would be well received, where was the survey for this? SMH

Multiple responses on the Disney Parks blog say there will be designated rooms or areas of the participating hotels. Will a pet friendly room be a seperate bookable category so that anyone who wants to book has to be put in that designated area and not be able to put in a zillion requests to try and get a desired/preferred view or location?

Just popping in to say thanks for keeping things (mostly) civil, and to remind everyone that if you don't like this policy, your quarrel is with Disney, not your fellow DISboards members.

Remember that pet-friendly hotels are not new, and not uncommon. I think everyone's aware that all of the Universal resorts are pet-friendly, but so is the rest of the Loews chain, along with W Hotels, the Four Seasons, Best Western, La Quinta, and many others. Even more chains are pet-friendly in certain hotels. So, Disney's not inventing the concept, and other hotels have managed just fine for many years without having guests mauled in the hallways, housekeepers mauled in the rooms, and smelly, flea-ridden rooms.

I'm not saying that everyone will or should be happy about it, of course it's a major problem for guests with allergies, or those who just don't want to be around other people's pets on vacation. Make your feelings known to Disney, by all means. But I don't think a lot of the catastrophes being predicted here are going to be happening.

What about people who don't love dogs? My dd is scared to death of them so now she'll have to deal with people walking them around our 2 favorite resorts. At the rates they are charging for a resort room now so not worth it on so many levels to us.

My biggest concern is the barking, I've stayed at hotels that allow "pets" and I've heard dogs barking and crying all day and night. And with guests out of their rooms most of the day and night, afternoon naps will be no more as well as "sleep-in" mornings.

Canceling our upcoming reservation at POR because of this and well, looks like we'll be staying off property from now on if this becomes permanent because the cabins are our absolute fav but because of the calm and quiet setting, no more...

It is one thing to have a special needs dog or to do this temporarily for hurricane evacuees, but another for guests on vacation...flame me all you want but that's it for me.:firefight:firefight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter