• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I know your post is a month old, but just in case you still need ideas we booked our 3 Toy Story Lands FP right in a row. We did some other things at rope drop and made our first (swirling saucers) at 10. We went at 10:45 then went to SDD at 11:00, ate lunch (use mobile ordering) at Woody’s and then did TSM at 12:00. It worked perfectly!

Honestly, next time though I think we might purchase Toy Story Land Early Morning instead of the CL fast passes.
Thank you! I also considered doing EMM. I didn’t do it because I wanted headliners at 3 parks and once I added up the cost of EMM at 3 parks for a family it was more $. Also, we are not early morning people. I agree EMM makes more sense if your main goal is toy story land.

Ok so if I wanted I could have a regular FP for say FEA and then also have a CLFP for FEA the same day?
This is quite confusing to me because I was under the impression that you still had to follow that fastpass rule but from reading here it seems like people have been doing this with various attractions.

Haha, of course! Even if it did get messed up I’d forgive you anyways...you’ve been the source of tons of great advice that I’ve been extremely appreciative of. :)

Chickened our before I heard back from you and opted for more soarin passes, but will try Frozen and TT later if I can get them. :)

BTW...thanks for the great advice you gave me several months ago about the WL deluxe rooms...they worked out perfectly for us! We just checked out there yesterday and into Our BC 1 BR suite, and you’re right, it indeed seems very large and like a good “value” for what we paid (especially since we got an AP discount). Not as impressed with the BC CL so far (just as several people have commented on before), but the room is awesome even though it literally couldn’t be farther from the lounge I think, lol! We got one of the dreaded “01” rooms...but the good news is it’s right next to the IG so getting to and from EP is a breeze!

Oh no, you got one of the ones all the way at the end of the hall! Would love to hear more about your experience with that room over on the CL thread if you think about it when you get back. Hope you're enjoying your trip.

And thanks for the note!

Oh no, you got one of the ones all the way at the end of the hall! Would love to hear more about your experience with that room over on the CL thread if you think about it when you get back. Hope you're enjoying your trip.

And thanks for the note!

Haha, yes...my H keeps joking that our room is in France!!

Will definitely post more over in the CL thread soon! :)

We are booked at Disney September 1 to 7 (not CL) and the CL split stay Poly/AKL December 7 to 14. If we upgrade to annual passes on our September trip, will that mess up my December booking and prohibit me from doing the CL FP's?? How would that work? Thanks!

We are booked at Disney September 1 to 7 (not CL) and the CL split stay Poly/AKL December 7 to 14. If we upgrade to annual passes on our September trip, will that mess up my December booking and prohibit me from doing the CL FP's?? How would that work? Thanks!

You’ll be able to book your CL FPs 9/15 (90 days before your 12/14 check out date). At that point you’ll have APs and they will be the ticket media you’d need to book FPs in the first place, so from what you describe you’re all good.

You’ll be able to book your CL FPs 9/15 (90 days before your 12/14 check out date). At that point you’ll have APs and they will be the ticket media you’d need to book FPs in the first place, so from what you describe you’re all good.
Awesome - thank you! If you do a split stay, you call from 90 days from check-out from your second stay, right? Just want to make sure. I'm hoping SWGE will be open and I can use my CL FP's for that (wishful thinking probably I know!)

Awesome - thank you! If you do a split stay, you call from 90 days from check-out from your second stay, right? Just want to make sure. I'm hoping SWGE will be open and I can use my CL FP's for that (wishful thinking probably I know!)

Actually no, my bad, I didn’t notice you said split. You can book the first part FPs 90 days from your first check out. How long is stay #1?

Stay 1 is Poly Dec 7 to 10 and stay 2 is AKL Dec 10 to 15 :)

Ahh, ok. Well, my original concept still applies, just different dates. You can book your Poly FPs 90 days from that check out, then the others 90 days from that check out. Or you can just wait and do them all 90 days from check out #2, up to you.

Curious, how are you planning your FP days over both legs? All days? Some days? How many? Sorry for the 20 questions.

Ahh, ok. Well, my original concept still applies, just different dates. You can book your Poly FPs 90 days from that check out, then the others 90 days from that check out. Or you can just wait and do them all 90 days from check out #2, up to you.

Curious, how are you planning your FP days over both legs? All days? Some days? How many? Sorry for the 20 questions.
I think I'm using the CL FP's on Monday (Epcot) Tuesday (MK) Wednesday nothing Thursday (HS) and Friday (AK). I did toy with the idea of not staying CL at Poly and just winging it at Epcot, but that seems like a busy time, so I'm not sure about that. Plus, everything is tier 1 there!!

Still so conflicted to get CLFP or not.
We have a few more months to decide but its killing me to keep flip flopping about it.

We are staying CL for the first time in late July. First time even staying deluxe too!
The main reason we wanted to do the CLFP is because it was like why not since we are already staying CL and getting a 3 day PH (3 days being the minimum in order to purchase it).
The other reason was because we thought maybe it would be a bit more of a relaxing trip since we were getting a minimum of 6 FP+ per day plus we could still work in a few more.
We also thought this would give us the chance to get back to our resort earlier to take advantage of drinks/desserts before the lounge closed.
Our plan was make our regular FP+ in the morning at the park we will start out at and then make the CLFP for a different park for late afternoon/early evening and maybe work in a couple more mid afternoon.

Its just my sister and I.
The main reason we are considering NOT doing it is the price tag. After tax it adds about $324 total to our trip.
We know how to work the system and fairly easily get decent 4th and beyonds via the refresh strategy.
We already have a FEA FP+ due to an issue during our last trip.
We would not use a CLFP on FOP as we have no desire to go on it since my sister gets motion sick and I can't see 3D.
We also would not use it on SDD because we are firm believers in RD.

With all things above considered would you say CLFP is worth it in our situation or are we better off saving our money?

Still so conflicted to get CLFP or not.
We have a few more months to decide but its killing me to keep flip flopping about it.

We are staying CL for the first time in late July. First time even staying deluxe too!
The main reason we wanted to do the CLFP is because it was like why not since we are already staying CL and getting a 3 day PH (3 days being the minimum in order to purchase it).
The other reason was because we thought maybe it would be a bit more of a relaxing trip since we were getting a minimum of 6 FP+ per day plus we could still work in a few more.
We also thought this would give us the chance to get back to our resort earlier to take advantage of drinks/desserts before the lounge closed.
Our plan was make our regular FP+ in the morning at the park we will start out at and then make the CLFP for a different park for late afternoon/early evening and maybe work in a couple more mid afternoon.

Its just my sister and I.
The main reason we are considering NOT doing it is the price tag. After tax it adds about $324 total to our trip.
We know how to work the system and fairly easily get decent 4th and beyonds via the refresh strategy.
We already have a FEA FP+ due to an issue during our last trip.
We would not use a CLFP on FOP as we have no desire to go on it since my sister gets motion sick and I can't see 3D.
We also would not use it on SDD because we are firm believers in RD.

With all things above considered would you say CLFP is worth it in our situation or are we better off saving our money?

Hi! I'm going to WDW in February CL with the extra FPs for three of the four days. After reading your situation, if it were me, I would not do the extra FPs. The reasons for us to get the extra FPs were 1) FOP and SDD tough to get, 2) doing 2 tier 1 FP in advance at Epcot, 3) and not having to rope drop. On your trip, you aren't going to do FOP or SDD. You have FEA already, so assuming you can do both TT and Soarin (motion sickness again?), you could do a FP for Soarin and single ride Test Track. Or, perhaps you want neither of those so will pick a different tier 1 at Epcot to go along with your extra FEA. Finally, you are avid RD'ers. I think I'd save the money for a nice meal (HDDR IS SO FUN!), a different event, souvenirs, or the fund for the next trip. Have a great time with your sister at WDW!

PS...Nonetheless, if you do decide to CLFP anyway, you will have the luxury of not having to be up at crack of dawn on 60 day mark fighting with everyone else/dealing with Stitch errors, etc. So, I can still see some benefit in booking the CLFP; however, not nearly as much as if you wanted more headline attractions.

Hi! I'm going to WDW in February CL with the extra FPs for three of the four days. After reading your situation, if it were me, I would not do the extra FPs. The reasons for us to get the extra FPs were 1) FOP and SDD tough to get, 2) doing 2 tier 1 FP in advance at Epcot, 3) and not having to rope drop. On your trip, you aren't going to do FOP or SDD. You have FEA already, so assuming you can do both TT and Soarin (motion sickness again?), you could do a FP for Soarin and single ride Test Track. Or, perhaps you want neither of those so will pick a different tier 1 at Epcot to go along with your extra FEA. Finally, you are avid RD'ers. I think I'd save the money for a nice meal (HDDR IS SO FUN!), a different event, souvenirs, or the fund for the next trip. Have a great time with your sister at WDW!

PS...Nonetheless, if you do decide to CLFP anyway, you will have the luxury of not having to be up at crack of dawn on 60 day mark fighting with everyone else/dealing with Stitch errors, etc. So, I can still see some benefit in booking the CLFP; however, not nearly as much as if you wanted more headline attractions.

Yeah we are leaning towards not getting it.
I think it would be more worthwhile if things like Runaway Railway, Ratatouille, Guardians of the Galaxy coaster were open for this trip. So perhaps if we stay CL in 2021 we'd do it.

We would RD even if we did buy the CLFP so that wouldn't be a real bonus for us.
We do ride SDD but we don't care to use a FP for it as we RD it.
We do ride TT and Soarin (my sister's motion sickness is more when you and the screen are moving in potential jerky motions like you do on Star Tours or The Simpsons ride).
Thing is we very very easily get those as a 4th and beyond. Especially Soarin'. We can get it a few times.
Also we don't like the thought of being tied to fastpasses that we can't just easily modify on the fly. Many times it has happened where we walk up to a line that we had a FP for and are like um SB is only 5 minutes? And we will just wait in the SB line and switch our FP to another ride.
So yeah after we really started considering everything it seems better to save the money. With the amount we would spend we could pay for all of our QS meals for the trip.

Hello,

We are getting a trip booked later this year.

It’s going to be a split stay.
1st part of stay is in standard room at GF
2nd part of stay is at Beach Club Club Level room

We intend on adding the 3 extra FastPass option to our Club Level stay.

Has anyone had issues being able to also book FP+ for the 1st part of the stay at 90day and also adding the extra CL FP+ for the 1st half of stay?

Hello,

We are getting a trip booked later this year.

It’s going to be a split stay.
1st part of stay is in standard room at GF
2nd part of stay is at Beach Club Club Level room

We intend on adding the 3 extra FastPass option to our Club Level stay.

Has anyone had issues being able to also book FP+ for the 1st part of the stay at 90day and also adding the extra CL FP+ for the 1st half of stay?
You’ll only have your Club Level FPs booked for park days during your Beach Club Stay.

You’ll have to wait until you are 60-days out from your GF check-in to book FPs for that stay and any regular days during Stay#2.

I’ve followed this thread for awhile in anticipation of our next CL stay! Now that I have one booked :love:, the trip is shaping up to be less park time and more resort/ pool/ cabana time, and it looks like we really only want to do two park days. However, that means I can’t purchase the extra CL FPs! It would be an extra $1,000 to add a third park day and the purchased FPs. Though I’ve been dying to take advantage of this ‘trial’, is it worth an extra $1,000? We are already splurging on our dream resort and room type, cabana rental, etc.
Thanks in advance for your input! :thanks:

I’ve followed this thread for awhile in anticipation of our next CL stay! Now that I have one booked :love:, the trip is shaping up to be less park time and more resort/ pool/ cabana time, and it looks like we really only want to do two park days. However, that means I can’t purchase the extra CL FPs! It would be an extra $1,000 to add a third park day and the purchased FPs. Though I’ve been dying to take advantage of this ‘trial’, is it worth an extra $1,000? We are already splurging on our dream resort and room type, cabana rental, etc.
Thanks in advance for your input! :thanks:

I don’t think it’s worth an extra 1000$ that’s quite a bit! We booked it because we had two short stays split by a cruise, it’s spring break and likely to be busy, we aren’t rope dropping two of our three days and finally the day we are rope dropping we are hitting Epcot am and HS pm and we wanted to be able to go on all headliners at both parks. Unless you have reasons that would make it necessary to go CL FP to get what rope drop and normal FP do for most I would say skip it. You need 6 hours of time to fit in FP and they don’t overlap them with any ADRs booked. Have fun no matter what you decide !

I don’t think it’s worth an extra 1000$ that’s quite a bit! We booked it because we had two short stays split by a cruise, it’s spring break and likely to be busy, we aren’t rope dropping two of our three days and finally the day we are rope dropping we are hitting Epcot am and HS pm and we wanted to be able to go on all headliners at both parks. Unless you have reasons that would make it necessary to go CL FP to get what rope drop and normal FP do for most I would say skip it. You need 6 hours of time to fit in FP and they don’t overlap them with any ADRs booked. Have fun no matter what you decide !

Thanks for your input! We will stick with the two park days for this particular trip, although I’d still consider purchasing the extra passes in the future.
We always rope drop, so I think we’ll be okay!

Good morning! I thought I remembered reading on one of these threads that it has been rumored that the reserved fireworks viewing portion of the CLFP program is going away. Has anyone heard anything lately regarding this? HEA viewing is important to me for our niece's first trip, and I'm working up cost for extras like the dessert party plus EMM vs. extra FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter