Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Couple thoughts.
First I am pretty sure you cannot do the same attraction even if one time is the regular FP and the other time is the CL FP.
Meaning I don't think you could swap POTC for a second 7DMT FP and I don't think you can swap RNRC for a second TSM FP.

Also as a PP said I am also curious why you have your CLFP before your reuglar FP?
I've never done this before but zI plan to for my trip this coming summer and my plan goes something like this...
HS: regular FP for TSM, RNRC, TOT and then hopping to Epcot where I'll have my CLFP for FEA, TT, and Soarin'.
Maybe its just because you're not hopping?
But also after you use the 3 regulars you can get a 4th and beyond so by having your regulars later you have less of a chance to pick up a 4th and beyond.

I am definitely worried about ability to pick up FP 4+ in this scenario (no we aren't hopping). But here's my thinking, tell me your thoughts. As we tap into CLFP#3 right at the beginning of the window I should then be able to start modifying my first regular FP to an earlier spot since I won't have to worry about overlapping with my last CLFP spot. And then I'll keep trying to modify regular FPs to earlier and earlier as I am able and/or tap in.

I am planning on doing CL first. I think it depends on how crowded the parks will be when you go. I put CL first on of my days for a couple of reasons. 1) We are more likely to stick to a schedule first thing in the morning and I don't want to have to call DSS to change things while in the parks. 2) I am going at a moderately crowded time and there should still be some FPs left in the afternoon. I plan on modifying my reg passes in the afternoon to maximize time and want to be able to do this myself. As soon as I scan my fastpass, I try to move the next one sooner. Having 3 CL fastpasses in the afternoon would kind of block off the afternoon for me. Another day I left 2 CL fastpasses for after dinner because they won't get in the way of scheduling more in the afternoon and I won't have time to do more than 2 rides after dinner.

Thanks. TP shows crowd predictions of 4-6 for our days. Hoping to be able to pick up some good afternoon FP with my plan. Our only after dinner CLFP is for SDD after dark because I heard it was the best way to experience it.

We did CL FPs first and it worked beautifully. We stuck to the CL plan and then modified regular FPs each time. We were also there during a very busy time and modify/refresh worked every time - got Frozen and TT multiple times we tried. We also made a regular FP each day for the same ride as one of the CL FPs and we were fine each time. We doubled up on 7D, SDD, and Test Track. Nothing was ever cancelled. However, I was not in contact with DSS more than once after making those doubles out of fear we would get caught.

Thanks! I was hoping to maybe do some doubling up of just those few rides. Our crowd predictions are only 4-6 so I am hoping to refresh away and get some good ones. Did you feel like you would have like to be able to do more modifying earlier in the day (I.e. use regular FP first so you have that flexibility)?

I am definitely worried about ability to pick up FP 4+ in this scenario (no we aren't hopping). But here's my thinking, tell me your thoughts. As we tap into CLFP#3 right at the beginning of the window I should then be able to start modifying my first regular FP to an earlier spot since I won't have to worry about overlapping with my last CLFP spot. And then I'll keep trying to modify regular FPs to earlier and earlier as I am able and/or tap in.

Wasn't thinking about it that way. I suppose that may work well for you.
If I were not park hopping maybe I'd consider this strategy.

Thanks! I was hoping to maybe do some doubling up of just those few rides. Our crowd predictions are only 4-6 so I am hoping to refresh away and get some good ones. Did you feel like you would have like to be able to do more modifying earlier in the day (I.e. use regular FP first so you have that flexibility)?
We didn’t even feel the need to refresh much honestly. We actually had 7 FPs total each day because of the removal of the viewing area. Since EP and HS were new for us, it was more like we had an itinerary to follow and we stuck with it. So it wasn’t an issue for us. We loved the program but we are very structured and usually stick to plans.

We didn’t even feel the need to refresh much honestly. We actually had 7 FPs total each day because of the removal of the viewing area. Since EP and HS were new for us, it was more like we had an itinerary to follow and we stuck with it. So it wasn’t an issue for us. We loved the program but we are very structured and usually stick to plans.

Apparently the extra FP for loss of viewing area is no longer a thing. Really wish they had kept the viewing area. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. I'm betting my family will want to meander around and take in the magic between FP and we won't end up modifying much. We'll see.

I've been following this thread for a while. I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have contributed. I was able to book my CLFP today for our trip in early March, 2019. The CM said he doesn't know anything for sure, but "the Las Vegas Odds are that is will be around for a while".

Ask the CM to book you for two at a time, at the same time. That should work. You probably will still all end up riding together, the cars hold six people.
I think that they're just doing this throttle down the number of guests going through Test Track due to maintenance or some other issue they can foresee. It's a weird way to do it, though.
It looks like there's still a problem, even if your group is only 2 people. I'm trying to get a TT CLFP in February for my daughter and me, and as of this morning we still couldn't get it. I'll keep trying...

It looks like there's still a problem, even if your group is only 2 people. I'm trying to get a TT CLFP in February for my daughter and me, and as of this morning we still couldn't get it. I'll keep trying...
Same here. I have been trying to get it as a CLFP. I can modify my regular fast passes to TT so it is possible to get as a regular FP. I would just rather use my CLFP for it. It is getting annoying to keep calling back.

Same here. I have been trying to get it as a CLFP. I can modify my regular fast passes to TT so it is possible to get as a regular FP. I would just rather use my CLFP for it. It is getting annoying to keep calling back.
I just tried booking each member of my party (all 2 of us) separately for CLFP times 5 minutes apart. It worked! You might give that a shot.

Last edited:

The chart I am going by shows FP availability in increments of two- so if there's only one available it apparently shows up in the chart as two: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=10123554&postcount=1.

But it seems like Disney is releasing only one TT FP per window. Crazy!

Try one at a time. That's been working, but don't try for the same exact time. It should be easy to make them overlap so you would still ride together.

For example, get yours at 10:00-11:00, your daughter's at 10:05-11:05. You'll still have 55 minutes of overlap time (10:05 to 11:00) in which to ride together- not including the grace period. People have done up to four this way.

Even if you got 10:00 and couldn't get hers until 10:40, that still gives you a 20 minute window to tap in together. Including the grace period, you would have as much as a 35 minute window (though of course it's not a great idea to cut it that close!).

Edit: I see you already did that! Congratulations- success! Try the one-at-a-time approach, @texas200 and book them five minutes apart.

Last edited:
I just tried booking each member of my party (all 2 of us) separately for CLFP times 5 minutes apart. It worked! You might give that a shot.
Thanks for the tip! I had asked the DSS CM to try that and they said it didn't work. I got a different person this last time and it did. Really strange. I will say they don't seem to go out of their way considering how much we are paying, but maybe that is just the CMs I have gotten. For example, I asked for certain times and they gave me slightly different times (for non TT rides). I asked if they could try to modify and they said that is what they had. Doesn't make sense considering everything should be open at this point. I was able to go in myself right after and modify the reg FP times myself. It did take a few tries and a few minutes of picking a slightly earlier time and then modifying again. They were very pleasant, but I just felt like they were not really trying. If I know these tricks, you would think they would too. Also, one of the CMs did say this is from a different pool of FPs when I was telling them I was worried about getting TT. I know there has been conflicting information about this. They could be wrong I guess.

Well, it looks like there are more FP released up through Feb. 16, and then they go back to being limited through the rest of February.
Very odd. I have no idea what they are up to! Maybe those last few weeks will open up shortly.

It kind of depended on what our plans were for the day. One day we got same day FP in both parks. That day we did several rides with no wait when we got to the park and had regular FP for 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Splash. Then we got same day FP with other walk-on attractions thrown in. We then took a break in the club lounge before heading to Epcot for more FPs. Since we booked right after they got rid of the reserved nighttime viewing perk, they gave us an extra FP for each CL FP day we booked so we had 7 total prebooked FPs those days.

This is what our day looked like:
BTMR twice (walk on)
Pirates (walk on)
Haunted Mansion (walk on)
7DMT (FP)
Peter Pan (FP)
Splash (FP)
Hall of Presidents (walk on, obviously :rotfl:)
Space Mtn (4th FP)
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor (5th FP)
People Mover (walk on)
Big thunder (CL FP)
Jungle Cruise (walk on during parade)
-break in club lounge, then hopped to Epcot-
Nemo (6th FP)
Test Track (CL FP)
Frozen (CL FP)
Soarin (CL FP)
Watched Illuminations

We also ate a quick service lunch and dinner at Food and Wine booths in there. We didn't have every day this packed though, just depended on what we felt like doing for the day.
So after you use your first three normal FP's, you can pull more even though you still have your CL FP's to use, right?

Hey everyone! Here now (Christmas Eve) and having a fantastic time...CL FPS are working beautifully to help mitigate the heavy crowds. A quick question for you all though...

I deliberately didn’t double up on any FP because I was too scared some would end up getting cancelled! But now we’re here at EP and have used our 3 free FP for the day and and booking 4+. Our CL passes for later are Spaceship Earth, Frozen, and Test Track. Do I dare risk “doubling up” now? FP keep coming up for frozen and TT and I’m so tempted but so scared my CL ones will get cancelled, and I really need to keep them because my husband is sick in the room right now but hoping to make it to use the CL Fp we have scheduled for later this evening. Thoughts?? Should I risk booking them?

TIA for any advice you can offer! :)

Hey everyone! Here now (Christmas Eve) and having a fantastic time...CL FPS are working beautifully to help mitigate the heavy crowds. A quick question for you all though...

I deliberately didn’t double up on any FP because I was too scared some would end up getting cancelled! But now we’re here at EP and have used our 3 free FP for the day and and booking 4+. Our CL passes for later are Spaceship Earth, Frozen, and Test Track. Do I dare risk “doubling up” now? FP keep coming up for frozen and TT and I’m so tempted but so scared my CL ones will get cancelled, and I really need to keep them because my husband is sick in the room right now but hoping to make it to use the CL Fp we have scheduled for later this evening. Thoughts?? Should I risk booking them?

TIA for any advice you can offer! :)

Baring something new in the programming (which there have been no reports of), my opinion is you should be fine/don’t have anything to worry about.

Remember the spirit of the holidays if by chance I’m wrong and have given you bad advice! :-)

But I suspect all will be OK.

Baring something new in the programming (which there have been no reports of), my opinion is you should be fine/don’t have anything to worry about.

Remember the spirit of the holidays if by chance I’m wrong and have given you bad advice! :-)

But I suspect all will be OK.

Haha, of course! Even if it did get messed up I’d forgive you anyways...you’ve been the source of tons of great advice that I’ve been extremely appreciative of. :)

Chickened our before I heard back from you and opted for more soarin passes, but will try Frozen and TT later if I can get them. :)

BTW...thanks for the great advice you gave me several months ago about the WL deluxe rooms...they worked out perfectly for us! We just checked out there yesterday and into Our BC 1 BR suite, and you’re right, it indeed seems very large and like a good “value” for what we paid (especially since we got an AP discount). Not as impressed with the BC CL so far (just as several people have commented on before), but the room is awesome even though it literally couldn’t be farther from the lounge I think, lol! We got one of the dreaded “01” rooms...but the good news is it’s right next to the IG so getting to and from EP is a breeze!

Working on my club level FP plan for HS right now. I'm curious what people do in between Toy Story Land rides. Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog seem very short. Those of you who have done these in a row, did you end up with time in between? What did you do during that time? It seems much easier to fill the gaps in the other parks. HS has so many longer shows which are not good gap fillers. TIA
I know your post is a month old, but just in case you still need ideas we booked our 3 Toy Story Lands FP right in a row. We did some other things at rope drop and made our first (swirling saucers) at 10. We went at 10:45 then went to SDD at 11:00, ate lunch (use mobile ordering) at Woody’s and then did TSM at 12:00. It worked perfectly!

Honestly, next time though I think we might purchase Toy Story Land Early Morning instead of the CL fast passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter