Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I thought I just saw someone post that their doubled up Fast Pass got canceled when they swiped into the ride the first time. Now I can't find the post. I'm hoping it was a nightmare. Anyone else see anything about this?

I thought I just saw someone post that their doubled up Fast Pass got canceled when they swiped into the ride the first time. Now I can't find the post. I'm hoping it was a nightmare. Anyone else see anything about this?

Yeah, someone reported that on the FP Addendum sticky. They were referencing a situation that happened several months back. That's the first/only post I've read of it happening.

Yeah, someone reported that on the FP Addendum sticky. They were referencing a situation that happened several months back. That's the first/only post I've read of it happening.
Thanks! Was scrolling through several threads on my phone and couldn't navigate back to see where it was.

It doesn't sound like trying to overlap is worth it. My problem is I'm trying to fit in all six Fps plus an ADR and an afternoon break. That may not be realistic.

Has anyone who has recently booked their FPs or FP CL had trouble with Test Track? I am told by the DSS CM no availability (which makes no sense) and I have now read that because of a "glitch" you can only book 2 at a time? Test Track is one of our favorites so this would be sad (although not a vacay spoiler)

Has anyone who has recently booked their FPs or FP CL had trouble with Test Track? I am told by the DSS CM no availability (which makes no sense) and I have now read that because of a "glitch" you can only book 2 at a time? Test Track is one of our favorites so this would be sad (although not a vacay spoiler)

I can confirm that there is some weirdness going on with TT. Wednesday was our CL FP+ booking day, and I booked 6 FP for 3 days, with 1 FP for TT on one of the days. When I got the confirmation email later that day (but didn't read until the next day), the CM who helped me wrote the following:

February 24, 2019
  • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Living with the Land
  • 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Soarin' Around the World
  • 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Test Track (This attraction will not appear on your My Disney Experience at this time. Our Technical Support Teams are actively working on the display of Test Track for the month of February)
  • 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Journey Into Imagination With Figment - This attraction will close after this time slot.
  • 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Frozen Ever After
So when I read the email I noticed that only 5 FP were listed, making it look like we didn't book Spaceship Earth...but all 6 were listed on MDE with the times I had requested when I checked it, so I didn't worry about it. But then, later that day, my H got a super weird voicemail from a different DSS cast member saying that TT could "now" be booked "at this time" (implying that somehow we hadn't actually booked it the previous day???), but due to "limited ability" they had to switch TT to one of the "free FP" instead of a paid CL FP (we had originally booked the 2:00-4:00 FPs as our paid ones). But when I go into MDE, everything looks perfect, exactly at the times we requested...except that TT is now a "free" FP and Frozen is a CL one.

Like you, I am very puzzled (if you called 90 days ahead of your checkout day, as I did) about them claiming "limited availability" for TT. Unless there's been a sudden rush of CL guests buying CL FPs, I don't see how they could possibly be "sold out" at this time...unless things have changed and they're now being pulled from a different pool, instead of from the general pool as we've been told.

Also...what did you mean by "you can only book 2 at a time"? Do you mean you can only book 2 TT FPs for your whole trip? Or does this have to do with doubling up? We didn't try to double up...for this trip and our Christmas week trip we've been too scared to tempt fate and potentially have our FPs deleted.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with their experiences...I'm very curious now as to what this is all about!

Yes, TheDibb is showing availability only for 2 at a time all through the month of February. My guess is that they're doing maintenance on the tracks, and will have one or the other down through the month. It doesn't appear to be a glitch. Hope it still works out for you, you should still be able to go but might have to break up your party.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=10123554&postcount=1

Last edited:

I can confirm that there is some weirdness going on with TT. Wednesday was our CL FP+ booking day, and I booked 6 FP for 3 days, with 1 FP for TT on one of the days. When I got the confirmation email later that day (but didn't read until the next day), the CM who helped me wrote the following:

February 24, 2019
  • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Living with the Land
  • 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Soarin' Around the World
  • 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Test Track (This attraction will not appear on your My Disney Experience at this time. Our Technical Support Teams are actively working on the display of Test Track for the month of February)
  • 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Journey Into Imagination With Figment - This attraction will close after this time slot.
  • 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Frozen Ever After
So when I read the email I noticed that only 5 FP were listed, making it look like we didn't book Spaceship Earth...but all 6 were listed on MDE with the times I had requested when I checked it, so I didn't worry about it. But then, later that day, my H got a super weird voicemail from a different DSS cast member saying that TT could "now" be booked "at this time" (implying that somehow we hadn't actually booked it the previous day???), but due to "limited ability" they had to switch TT to one of the "free FP" instead of a paid CL FP (we had originally booked the 2:00-4:00 FPs as our paid ones). But when I go into MDE, everything looks perfect, exactly at the times we requested...except that TT is now a "free" FP and Frozen is a CL one.

Like you, I am very puzzled (if you called 90 days ahead of your checkout day, as I did) about them claiming "limited availability" for TT. Unless there's been a sudden rush of CL guests buying CL FPs, I don't see how they could possibly be "sold out" at this time...unless things have changed and they're now being pulled from a different pool, instead of from the general pool as we've been told.

Also...what did you mean by "you can only book 2 at a time"? Do you mean you can only book 2 TT FPs for your whole trip? Or does this have to do with doubling up? We didn't try to double up...for this trip and our Christmas week trip we've been too scared to tempt fate and potentially have our FPs deleted.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with their experiences...I'm very curious now as to what this is all about!

Thanks to everyone who posted about Test track. The DSS CM assures me that it should get "straightened out" eventually. I will keep trying. Maybe they could just give us a nonspecified fast pass which I will use for Test Track? My grandkids will be disappointed if we miss Test Track but it will not be a vacation killer...

Thanks to everyone who posted about Test track. The DSS CM assures me that it should get "straightened out" eventually. I will keep trying. Maybe they could just give us a nonspecified fast pass which I will use for Test Track? My grandkids will be disappointed if we miss Test Track but it will not be a vacation killer...
Ask the CM to book you for two at a time, at the same time. That should work. You probably will still all end up riding together, the cars hold six people.
I think that they're just doing this throttle down the number of guests going through Test Track due to maintenance or some other issue they can foresee. It's a weird way to do it, though.

Edit: It looks like The Dibb's FP chart only shows FP availability in increments of 2. But, there might only be one available in any given window. Try booking one at a time, five minutes apart. That still leaves a big window in which a party can still tap in & ride together.

Last edited:
There’s only one track at Test Track. It’s either all or nothing.
Thanks for clarifying. So it's some way of slowing down the traffic, but not shutting it down entirely. Should still be able to get 2 passes a a time until you get the amount that you need.

Questions...
I understand that the "regular" FP+ selections have to follow the rules and the "CL" FP+ can be any tier and in multiple parks.
My question is...
After I use my "regular" FP+ can I book another FP+ or do I have to wait until I have used the "CL" FP+ selections as well?
Example:
Going to MK first half of day and AK second half of day.
"regular" are for 7DMT, Space, and Splash.
"CL" are for FOP, EE, and Dinosaur.
While I'm at MK and after I've tapped for Splash can I then look for say the Safari as another FP+ at AK or would I have to also complete my AK FP+ before looking?

Questions...
I understand that the "regular" FP+ selections have to follow the rules and the "CL" FP+ can be any tier and in multiple parks.
My question is...
After I use my "regular" FP+ can I book another FP+ or do I have to wait until I have used the "CL" FP+ selections as well?
Example:
Going to MK first half of day and AK second half of day.
"regular" are for 7DMT, Space, and Splash.
"CL" are for FOP, EE, and Dinosaur.
While I'm at MK and after I've tapped for Splash can I then look for say the Safari as another FP+ at AK or would I have to also complete my AK FP+ before looking?
Yep, you can search for a 4th regular FP at AK as long as you don’t overlap the times of the CL FPs.

Anyone with a bunch of brain power and experience want to look at my plans and give suggestions and answer a few questions?

MK:
Plan to enjoy Main Street and get pic in front of castle before heading over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain, Buzz and People Mover (cuz we like it.
10 CLFP Space again
11 CLFP 7D
12 CLFP PP
1 FP Splash
2 FP BTMRR
3 FP Pirates
5:00 ADR at Skipper Canteen

thinking of swapping Pirates for 7D #2 thoughts?

HS:
DH's birthday!
Head to RNRC first while the masses go to TSL
10 CLFP AS*
11 CLFP TSM
12 FP Star Tours
trying to get Sci Fi lunch ADR
1:30 FP RNRC
2:30 FP ToT
6:30 CLFP SDD for nighttime ride
7pm SW Dessert Party

thinking of swapping RNRC for #2TSM?

AK:
Maybe EE at RD or just wander and see the beauty
10 CLFP Na'vi
11 CLFP FOP
12 CLFP EE
12:30 Tusker House by request of DS17 who needs buffet level food source
1:30 FP for 2:00 Lion King
2:30 FP Kali (weather dependent)
3:50 FP Dinosaur
7:15 ROL

Epcot:
8:45 Breakfast GG DD14 request for Mickey waffles
Living with the Land after breakfast or after Soarin'
9:15 CLFP Soarin'
10:20 CLFP Character Spot
11:30 CLFP TT
12:35 FP Mission Space
1:35 FP Spaceship Earth because SB line was too long last trip and we missed it
2:35 FP Frozen because we've never done it
Wander the world and eat repeatedly
9:00 Illuminations

I'd love thoughts and feedback. TIA

Anyone with a bunch of brain power and experience want to look at my plans and give suggestions and answer a few questions?

MK:
Plan to enjoy Main Street and get pic in front of castle before heading over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain, Buzz and People Mover (cuz we like it.
10 CLFP Space again
11 CLFP 7D
12 CLFP PP
1 FP Splash
2 FP BTMRR
3 FP Pirates

HS:
DH's birthday!
10 CLFP AS*
11 CLFP TSM
12 FP Star Tours
7pm SW Dessert Party

AK:
10 CLFP Na'vi
11 CLFP FOP
12 CLFP EE

Epcot:

Is there any particular reason you are scheduling CLFP+ before regular FP+? We did this CL offering in June and we did the opposite so that as soon as we had used up for 3 regular FP+, but before using CLFP+ we were able to search for a 4th FP+ for after the CLFP+. We did that multiple times and ended up with some many extra rides through FP+ I don't know that we waited in a single regular line. Just a thought...

MK:
10 CLFP Space again
11 CLFP 7D
12 CLFP PP
1 FP Splash
2 FP BTMRR
3 FP Pirates

HS:
DH's birthday!
10 CLFP AS*
11 CLFP TSM
12 FP Star Tours
7pm SW Dessert Party

AK:
10 CLFP Na'vi
11 CLFP FOP
12 CLFP EE

Epcot:

Couple thoughts.
First I am pretty sure you cannot do the same attraction even if one time is the regular FP and the other time is the CL FP.
Meaning I don't think you could swap POTC for a second 7DMT FP and I don't think you can swap RNRC for a second TSM FP.

Also as a PP said I am also curious why you have your CLFP before your reuglar FP?
I've never done this before but zI plan to for my trip this coming summer and my plan goes something like this...
HS: regular FP for TSM, RNRC, TOT and then hopping to Epcot where I'll have my CLFP for FEA, TT, and Soarin'.
Maybe its just because you're not hopping?
But also after you use the 3 regulars you can get a 4th and beyond so by having your regulars later you have less of a chance to pick up a 4th and beyond.

I am planning on doing CL first. I think it depends on how crowded the parks will be when you go. I put CL first on of my days for a couple of reasons. 1) We are more likely to stick to a schedule first thing in the morning and I don't want to have to call DSS to change things while in the parks. 2) I am going at a moderately crowded time and there should still be some FPs left in the afternoon. I plan on modifying my reg passes in the afternoon to maximize time and want to be able to do this myself. As soon as I scan my fastpass, I try to move the next one sooner. Having 3 CL fastpasses in the afternoon would kind of block off the afternoon for me. Another day I left 2 CL fastpasses for after dinner because they won't get in the way of scheduling more in the afternoon and I won't have time to do more than 2 rides after dinner.

I am planning on doing CL first. I think it depends on how crowded the parks will be when you go. I put CL first on of my days for a couple of reasons. 1) We are more likely to stick to a schedule first thing in the morning and I don't want to have to call DSS to change things while in the parks. 2) I am going at a moderately crowded time and there should still be some FPs left in the afternoon. I plan on modifying my reg passes in the afternoon to maximize time and want to be able to do this myself. As soon as I scan my fastpass, I try to move the next one sooner. Having 3 CL fastpasses in the afternoon would kind of block off the afternoon for me. Another day I left 2 CL fastpasses for after dinner because they won't get in the way of scheduling more in the afternoon and I won't have time to do more than 2 rides after dinner.
We did CL FPs first and it worked beautifully. We stuck to the CL plan and then modified regular FPs each time. We were also there during a very busy time and modify/refresh worked every time - got Frozen and TT multiple times we tried. We also made a regular FP each day for the same ride as one of the CL FPs and we were fine each time. We doubled up on 7D, SDD, and Test Track. Nothing was ever cancelled. However, I was not in contact with DSS more than once after making those doubles out of fear we would get caught.

Is there any particular reason you are scheduling CLFP+ before regular FP+? We did this CL offering in June and we did the opposite so that as soon as we had used up for 3 regular FP+, but before using CLFP+ we were able to search for a 4th FP+ for after the CLFP+. We did that multiple times and ended up with some many extra rides through FP+ I don't know that we waited in a single regular line. Just a thought...

I was so undecided about that. I did read a few posts that people were frustrated with afternoon CLFP+ because you can't have an overlapping FP time and it limited their ability to pick up FP 4+ in the afternoon until all their CLFP+ were used. But I get what you mean about being able to pick up and modify lots of morning FP if you don't do CLFP first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter