Transpacific cruises now open to book

Waaah! This silver can't find a thing this morning for Hawaii -> Vancouver or Vancouver -> Hawaii.

I guess I'll be hoping for a cancelation!
You might have been a little early for your window as there are still several cabins on both Vancouver to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver…I’m looking now, maybe give it another try?

Waaah! This silver can't find a thing this morning for Hawaii -> Vancouver or Vancouver -> Hawaii.

I guess I'll be hoping for a cancelation!
Tons of rooms available on the Hawaii cruises. I did notice that when I had 4 guests listed for the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise that only verandahs showed up. I put it down to 2 guests and saw availability in all categories. We would normally stay in an Oceanview on deck 2, tons of availability to pick from for 2 people. So play with the # of people in your room as well. I was just window shopping though... not planning to book anything.

I think its great for people who were able to book these cruises. I do hope that expectations are in check though, DCL are not exactly going to the most beautiful/interesting/impressive ports within the South Pacific. I hope DCL put together a more thoughtful itinerary on the next time around.

I think its great for people who were able to book these cruises. I do hope that expectations are in check though, DCL are not exactly going to the most beautiful/interesting/impressive ports within the South Pacific. I hope DCL put together a more thoughtful itinerary on the next time around.
Totally agree noumea isn’t the greatest
Fiji is stunning but I haven’t been to that port and no idea about somoa but I haven’t been there so it’s different atleast. And only one airfare!! 🙌

Ours is one room that was returned to inventory today. As we are heading down under over the December holidays anyways, we will do a TransPacific probably in round 2. (We kept the Hawaii to Vancouver leg.)

I do hope they add more ports to this sailing in the future. I know the distance is huge - so, even with 14 days, they don't have the time to stop much. A workaround is to either start in Auckland, or make it a 16-18 nighter like other cruise lines do.

On a different, heads-up note, are there too many sea days? Truth be told, Wonder and Magic aren't built for long stretches of sea days on the trot. The ships have few dining options, and the adult areas get super crowded. It's the daily entertainment that will have to work its magic. On the big European sailings, the entertainers and contractors can get on/off in ports. And there is a ton of high-quality variety. This time, they will have to get everyone on board in Sydney. Some can leave in Fiji, but most will likely stay till Hawaii.

Ours is one room that was returned to inventory today. As we are heading down under over the December holidays anyways, we will do a TransPacific probably in round 2. (We kept the Hawaii to Vancouver leg.)

I do hope they add more ports to this sailing in the future. I know the distance is huge - so, even with 14 days, they don't have the time to stop much. A workaround is to either start in Auckland, or make it a 16-18 nighter like other cruise lines do.

On a different, heads-up note, are there too many sea days? Truth be told, Wonder and Magic aren't built for long stretches of sea days on the trot. The ships have few dining options, and the adult areas get super crowded. It's the daily entertainment that will have to work its magic. On the big European sailings, the entertainers and contractors can get on/off in ports. And there is a ton of high-quality variety. This time, they will have to get everyone on board in Sydney. Some can leave in Fiji, but most will likely stay till Hawaii.
The longest stretch without land is 5 days which is similar to the long stretch of the TA cruises and I think DCL has always handled those well. They do bring on a ton of entertainers to help that is for sure. This will probably be one of those cruises where Disney "people" will come on to do lectures just like the TA or the PC cruises. I've never felt bored on any crossing cruise I've done. There is something special about knowing you have so many days to just relax. Everyone is so chill by about day 4.

On these longer cruises the dining options can get a bit repetitive but they work out and pull out all the stops to create with what they have. I think the most interesting thing could be supply issues. By the end of every single crossing cruise I've done DCL is always out of Coke zero. Not many ports to refill on these cruises!

The longest stretch without land is 5 days which is similar to the long stretch of the TA cruises and I think DCL has always handled those well. They do bring on a ton of entertainers to help that is for sure. This will probably be one of those cruises where Disney "people" will come on to do lectures just like the TA or the PC cruises. I've never felt bored on any crossing cruise I've done. There is something special about knowing you have so many days to just relax. Everyone is so chill by about day 4.

On these longer cruises the dining options can get a bit repetitive but they work out and pull out all the stops to create with what they have. I think the most interesting thing could be supply issues. By the end of every single crossing cruise I've done DCL is always out of Coke zero. Not many ports to refill on these cruises!
Yes, full marks to DCL for trying on those long stretches. Entertainment, in particular. Whether that makes up for repetitive food and crowded adult areas is unclear. Some may be happy with a single specialty restaurant plus any variations that a galley serving 2000 guests can possibly come up with - while others need more variety. The PC and TA cruises have more stops, and that makes a big difference.

More pragmatically, If the intent is to stay on the ship for a big portion of the 14 days, there is little need to fly to the other side of the world. A PC or TA cruise - or the WC and EC cruises b2b - will do the trick.

Last edited:
Is anyone doing the transpacific and then the first Australian cruise after? I was wondering about the dates. The transpacific shows october 13 to the 27th. The next cruise is the 28th. They told a friend that as of right now you have to get off the ship and stay at a hotel for the night but they have time to figure it out. Anyone else hear anything different?
Yes, you will likely have to leave the ship and return the next morning. The ship docks at White Bay, where everyone disembarks and then it's moving to the Overseas Passanger Terminal in the early evening, where it leaves from the next day. They will have the media on in between too most likely.

Dusting off this account (because people here at least will understand how I'm feeling, lol) to happily and exhaustedly announce that I have managed to grab a couple of reservations! I'm only a lowly Silver who's gone on two previous DCL cruises (2010 Med and 2015 WBPC), so there wasn't anything available when my booking time opened, so I stayed up late tonight in hopes of getting something that was released. I first got the Honolulu-Sydney (5A, got to choose a specific stateroom) and then was refreshing and refreshing and managed to snag a 9C GTY for the Sydney-Honolulu, which is the itinerary I really wanted, but I prefer having a verandah, so now I'm torn.

So there are going to be decisions made in the morning when I go over the options with my mother (aka my Disney travel buddy!).

I'm booked on the b2b for Febr/March and also have the transpacific for October. That last one I will have to choose between Panama and transpacific... The ports for transpacific are very underwhelming imo but I love love loooove seadays..... For the repetitive menus, I agree at a certain extent however this Summer I spent 39 nights on the Magic and I forced myself to 'try' things and to order things that don't sound like my first choice cause otherwise I'd be eating seafood or pasta every single night. People with diets or vegetarians are screwed... On the other hand I also made a few requests (such as sweet potatoe fries) or a combination of dishes or a portion of extra veggies etc and that was always honored without any issues.

I agree that is many sea days. Though on the last Hawaii trip, the 5 days in a row went fast and I wasnt bored. Not sure if you were also on this sailing, but they did have activites, and guests from Aulani and some expert. Missing were still some activites.

The issue for us here is many the number of sea days in relation to number of port days.. that is too high. Plus coming from Europe we have other challenges (22 hours back home by flight is the fast option). Many who are booked on this are from Sydney and for them it's perfect or for those east coast US. I am happy for our Aussie friends to finallly have an opportunity closer to home.

Seeing how this booked out fast with a few lucky silvers and non... It's Disney Cruise Line freaks ( I mean that postitively) who are booking this because it's Disney. Any other line would have issues filling this itinerary Plus many DVC member still have points to burn.

If Money and time were no concern ( and it seems it is for many it's not seeing how many are B2B from Cananda AND adding ABD on) It's a nice, easy planning way to say I have been to Hawaii, the south seas and Australia.

We sail catagory 9 on these long ones ( Verandah is double the cost and more and for us noth worth it) and for us the per night cost is actually a good bargain seeing how much housing and food would be for these places.. IMO, the true cost for this sailing is time, you're really being asked to "pay" with time for those sea days and air/hotel depending on where you are coming.

My mom and I are keeping the westbound Hawaii as we feel this sailing gives us the more bang for buck, though it's a repeat, we loved it and still have much more to see. Logistics for us the better option too. For only 2 people still affordable. I will be honest and will say for our family if we all did this ( husband and kids) we would be looking at 20-25 grand. That tons of money... But the Disney crowd is different than the standard cruiser.. When I see what some are paying (50 Grand+) for a trip with these sailings is not uncommon to see.

FYI my gold hold for a 9D room: 1050 will expire I believe tonight I did book thinking "maybe" until reality set in..

But these sailings did expand my horizon in looking at other souther hemisphere trips... Celebrity has a great itinerary from Singapore one way that include Bali, NZ and Sydney.. That idea keeps popping in my head, at least one flight is taken off the total travel time and more ports.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter