Transpacific cruises now open to book

I booked the Honolulu to Sydney. Wish we could do the placeholder online b/c the online stuff was open to book way before 8:00 Eastern when the phone lines opened up. Super frustrating.
I called DCL last night to pay my down payment. When I asked if my placeholder would have been eligible ( no, missed it by 12 days), she actually scolded me for booking online vs phone if I had wanted to use my placeholder. Doesn't she know how this all works? Agree this is frustrating! Online reservations should open the same time as phone reservations OR you should be able to swap your placeholder online.

I called DCL last night to pay my down payment. When I asked if my placeholder would have been eligible ( no, missed it by 12 days), she actually scolded me for booking online vs phone if I had wanted to use my placeholder. Doesn't she know how this all works? Agree this is frustrating! Online reservations should open the same time as phone reservations OR you should be able to swap your placeholder online.
supposedly with the new system it should be easier to swap and use a placeholder if you booked online.

supposedly with the new system it should be easier to swap and use a placeholder if you booked online.
By the time I was able to call the price had already gonz more up than the benefit of using a olaceholder for the 15n. I was able to make a new booking and use one for the Hawaii one (doing b2b)

If anyone is looking for the Sydney to Honolulu cruise, some inside and ocean view cabins are showing available right now.

After a stressful few days i was able to book a cabin on HNL to SYD yesterday. Luckily i'm in Australia so midnight ET was 2pm for me, so the only thing it disrupted was my work day, but luckily I was WFH.
Looking forward to the sea days. We did the EBPC in 2014 and had to skip our first 2 ports due to a hurricane, so we ended up breaking the record of most consecutive sea days for DCL.
From my first Disney cruise in 2012 I've always dreamed of sailing into Sydney on a Disney ship (I've done it on other lines) so feeling very lucky to have been able to book.

We managed to snag a booking for two cabins today for the HNL - SYD cruise. Nothing showed on the website, so I called and they managed to book for me.
What type of room were you able to book on the phone? Was it gty or did you get assigned a specific room?

My wife and I have an Oceanview stateroom on Deck 2 for the HNL-SDY cruise in October. Previously, we always cruised with a verandah room, but as you all know they sold out on day 1. We are hoping that when the payment date nears, some verandah staterooms will come off of hold and we can grab one. I would love to hear comments about the stateroom and the deck 2 location.

Also, we are from Pennsylvania. Anyone else on this chat from PA or nearby?

I cruised in an Oceanview Midship Deck 2 on the Van-Hawaii route and loved it. Previously never had an oceanview, and like you took what I could get for that cruise. Location was quiet, great for access to Adult venues, dining, and entertainment. Easy to disembark in ports since we were always close to the gangway (deck 3 or deck 1). Views were great, and since the first 3 days were cold and the rest of the cruise was mainly on land didn't miss a verandah. Deck 4 was a short walk up to flights if I wanted to get outside. Smooth sailing and didn't feel much ship movement, but did have a rather creaky room (didn't bother us). I can see on the HNL-SDY cruise wanting a balcony to enjoy what I presume would be nice weather. That being said the only downside I had with deck 2 was how far it was to get to deck 9 for drinks, cabanas and the gym. What a slog up those 7 flights of stairs multiple times a day!

If you can't upgrade closer to sailing, I wouldn't fret too much. Enjoy being on the cruise.

Looks like you were all correct about holds expiring! There's lots of space now on the Vancouver-Hawaii sailing I've been watching. I upgraded my cabin, and there is quite a bit of availability--even connecting cabins--if anyone is still trying to book or upgrade!

I cruised in an Oceanview Midship Deck 2 on the Van-Hawaii route and loved it. Previously never had an oceanview, and like you took what I could get for that cruise. Location was quiet, great for access to Adult venues, dining, and entertainment. Easy to disembark in ports since we were always close to the gangway (deck 3 or deck 1). Views were great, and since the first 3 days were cold and the rest of the cruise was mainly on land didn't miss a verandah. Deck 4 was a short walk up to flights if I wanted to get outside. Smooth sailing and didn't feel much ship movement, but did have a rather creaky room (didn't bother us). I can see on the HNL-SDY cruise wanting a balcony to enjoy what I presume would be nice weather. That being said the only downside I had with deck 2 was how far it was to get to deck 9 for drinks, cabanas and the gym. What a slog up those 7 flights of stairs multiple times a day!

If you can't upgrade closer to sailing, I wouldn't fret too much. Enjoy being on the cruise.
Thank you Tiki/ThunderPirates for an insightful response. We are also booking a short Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Wish in late April and intentionally taking an Oceanview stateroom on Deck 2. I know the Wish decks are somewhat different than those on the Wonder, however, it will be a test to see if we like being that low in the ship and sailing without a verandah. Since it is only a 3 night cruise, we will find we either endured it or enjoyed it.
I will let you know after we are back.

Anyone on the March 1 Hawaii to Vancouver sailing in room 5524, 5022 or 5024? Let me know if you plan to cancel or would prefer to trade for a 10A room on the 7th floor. Thanks!

My wife and I have an Oceanview stateroom on Deck 2 for the HNL-SDY cruise in October. Previously, we always cruised with a verandah room, but as you all know they sold out on day 1. We are hoping that when the payment date nears, some verandah staterooms will come off of hold and we can grab one. I would love to hear comments about the stateroom and the deck 2 location.

Also, we are from Pennsylvania. Anyone else on this chat from PA or nearby?
We love deck 2 Oceanview on the Wonder/Magic. We stayed in 2116 on the Wonder for Alaska, and 2108 for the Magic in the Baltic Sea. Love the large porthole, quick walk upstairs to decks 3/4. Good access to elevator to get to deck 9 since it's empty when it comes down to deck 2. Very little movement on deck 2 (at least aft, may be more very far forward), depending on location you can feel the vibration of thrusters while docking, but that's about it. Laundry is across from 2096.

Just a heads up that I'll be letting my hold for the Sydney-Honolulu 9C GTY Stateroom (2 people) will be released tonight! I tried to cancel just now but it wouldn't let me do it online, so I'll let DCL cancel for me since I didn't pay the deposit.

My mother and I decided that, while the Feb 2024 dates were better for us, we'll stick with the Oct 2023 Honolulu-Sydney sailing, since we have a confirmed stateroom in our favorite area (deck 7 mid-ship). Now I just need to figure out how to pay for this trip a few months earlier than I was originally planning, lol (especially since last week we just PIF for our ABD Antarctica trip next Feb, eep!).

We've been to Hawaii before when my dad had a work-related trip to Honolulu, but I was a moody pre-teen at the time so I'm looking forward to a few pre-cruise days to enjoy the sunshine, beach, and fresh pineapples as an adult. Australia has been on my mother's bucket list ever since my father unexpectedly passed away literally days before we were supposed to go on a two week family vacation across Australia in 2019. While a few days in Sydney won't be the "full" Australian experience we had hoped to enjoy (I still want to see the outback -- and a quokka!), just being able to say she finally made it to Australia will be enough for her. So we'll be able to check off a few travel items off our "list" -- especially since it means by the time we disembark in Sydney, we can officially say we've walked on all seven continents!

Hello all,
Is it me or has there been no new postings recently?
Any near central PA going from HNL to SDY?
Anyone have any insight into the excursions on the way to SDY?
Your responses will be appreciated?

Hello all,
Is it me or has there been no new postings recently?
Any near central PA going from HNL to SDY?
Anyone have any insight into the excursions on the way to SDY?
Your responses will be appreciated?
I’m wondering if the HNL to SYD will be a HOTHS. Hope so.

I keep hoping DCL will add Port Adventures for the South Pacific cruises so we can get an idea of what to plan.

I’m wondering if the HNL to SYD will be a HOTHS. Hope so.
I doubt it will be a full hoths… taking the tree all that route for two halloween cruises, learning a deckparty for two cruises… my bet is halloween costumes for the characters and not much more

For anyone still looking to book HNL to SYD, tonight the DCL website is showing some GTY ocean view cabin availability as well as one inside stateroom.

For anyone still looking to book HNL to SYD, tonight the DCL website is showing some GTY ocean view cabin availability as well as one inside stateroom.
I watch the availability of this cruise daily and there are usually 1-5 staterooms available at various times of the day. It changes often. But insides, ocean views and verandas can be found.

Unfortunately, I think the prices of airline tickets from Sydney-US may be a factor causing some cruisers to cancel their reservations. 🛳️🛫🛬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter