Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

I am actually optimistic about the change. For us Trails end had gotten prohibitively expensive and the all you can eat model didnt fit anymore. Not to mention that food had gone downhill some (pre shutdown) The fact that it hadnt gone back to its former operation was a hint of changes coming. I have a lot of nostalgia for the old Trails end but I am uncharacteristically optimistic about the future there.

I’m looking forward to the change. We’re much more likely to pop into a quick service at the end of a long day.

I’m looking forward to the change.
If the choice is the current family style TE or quick service, "MotoMart" of Disney dining, I'd go with the QS option. But many of us remember the old buffet at TE. It was a special treat. Great food, reasonable (for Disney) price and was a tradition for many of us.

Since the buffet is no longer an option, give me something more convenient, I guess. I won't go back to the current version of TE, but I am likely to try something new.

j

If the choice is the current family style TE or quick service, "MotoMart" of Disney dining, I'd go with the QS option. But many of us remember the old buffet at TE. It was a special treat. Great food, reasonable (for Disney) price and was a tradition for many of us.

Since the buffet is no longer an option, give me something more convenient, I guess. I won't go back to the current version of TE, but I am likely to try something new.

j
We’ve been camping at FtWilderness at least yearly since 1990. I remember the buffet, the a la cart lunch phase, pretty much all of it. We just weren’t fans but I’m not a buffet person so there’s that. One of the major charms of camping is eating at our camper. For the most part I prefer my cooking to the pricey Disney eats.

There used to be a character breakfast in Pioneer Hall that we loved back when our kids were little. Remember Melvin the Moose?

If it’s going to be quick service like what’s at Riverside/Port Orleans, that’s one thing. From what I’ve seen to date, if it’s like what’s at Wilderness Lodge, (for us, their Marketplace’s wasn’t all that) it’s going to be pretty dreary.

As I’ve said before, TE was one of my favorite places to eat when it was a buffet. We’re not big breakfast eaters, so will probably have that at our campsite, and pass on QS if it’s just a grab and go type of thing.

But I’m gonna really, really miss that brisket, the Sunday brunch buffet with the (smoked?) salmon Himself loved, and all the fixen’s one could ask for. It was a real treat, and will be sorely missed.

I see that someone earlier mentioned the plan is that they are going to move carry out side over to the arcade area temporarily. My question is what are they going to do about the drink dispensers? The coffee tea and soda machine that we use everyday for our refillable resort mugs. The only other place currently is the pool when it is open. We, as I'm sure most people do, typically drive up get a drink and then drive over to the marina and wait for the boat to come and enjoy our I wonder if they're going to move it over there where the carryout is, create some sort of an outdoor version like at the pool or maybe move it over into the gift shop across the way

I see that someone earlier mentioned the plan is that they are going to move carry out side over to the arcade area temporarily. My question is what are they going to do about the drink dispensers? The coffee tea and soda machine that we use everyday for our refillable resort mugs.
Those are easily moved

Got my final Trails end Breakfast back in early Jan. I will miss it for sure but i know some, incuding those in present company who will not.

I'm looking forward to the change, never been a big fan of Buffets, seen to many kids cough and sneeze on them, we are not big eaters either so the change is welcome, something like the QS below Soaring would be good, had some pretty good turkey paninis there last trip, nice to take back to the Bus

I don’t expect it, but the new format where “Fort” unique offerings (ie: the fried chicken, bread pudding) were still made available in some way would be more gooder. What wouldn’t be very exciting would be a bland could be anywhere on Disney property self service with no character or unique stuff. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I lean pessimistic and so expect more toward the latter.

I don’t expect it, but the new format where “Fort” unique offerings (ie: the fried chicken, bread pudding) were still made available in some way would be more gooder. What wouldn’t be very exciting would be a bland could be anywhere on Disney property self service with no character or unique stuff. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I lean pessimistic and so expect more toward the latter.
This is my concern too. That we'll end up with generic offerings of burgers/fries, sammies/chips, & sad premade salads for lunch/dinner and microwave burritos and random prepackaged muffins/pastries for breakfast. Yuck.

Most of the 'food court' type places I've googled at other Disney Hotels seem pretty 'meh' to me. Not to mention NOT being allergy/intolerance friendly.

I really, really feel for the tent campers in all of this. It's going to be a lot harder on them. Those of us with RVs 'have kitchen, will travel' and we'll get by since we have full 'facilities'. Not so easy with a camp stove and an ice chest or mini fridge. As it is we always do a light breakfast before we head out, and are normally tired and stuffed with junk when we get back at the end of the day. But it's going to be a real bummer on our 'down days' when P&Js was 'just right' for a relaxed lunch + leftovers.

Sounds as if this remodel will be done (Good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise) before we get there in October and I can see 'the lay of the land'. Hopefully, if the new facility isn't up to snuff, I'll have time to get ADRs at nearby hotels &/or Disney Springs for our down days. Or maybe I'll actually have to (gulp!) cook.

Sounds as if this remodel will be done (Good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise) before we get there in October and I can see 'the lay of the land'. Hopefully, if the new facility isn't up to snuff, I'll have time to get ADRs at nearby hotels &/or Disney Springs for our down days. Or maybe I'll actually have to (gulp!) cook.

:rotfl2:

I wonder if the takeout window offerings between the revue hall and TE will change? We saw the Hoop Dee Doo for the first time last week and it seemed to be the same (delicious) food we had from the take out window the next night.

Outstanding fried chicken, ribs and Mac n Cheese and I'm not a big Mac n Cheese fan. The corn bread was delicous also. I noticed that the TE restaurant looked like they'd had a big dinner crowd when I picked up the take out.

We camped at the Fort for the first time last year so I never got to try the buffet, but I understand now why people rave about the fried chicken. The Hoop Dee Doo food and the breakfeast at Tusker House are my two fave big $$$ WDW meals now.

With mobile ordering, hungry people coming off the boat and the dining area now available for QS patrons, I think it will actually work well. Having your food ready with little or no wait will be appealing to many. Do feel bad for the long time servers. It will cut down on waste big time for the kitchen which will help with the bottom line.

I'm looking forward to the change, never been a big fan of Buffets, seen to many kids cough and sneeze on them, we are not big eaters either so the change is welcome, something like the QS below Soaring would be good, had some pretty good turkey paninis there last trip, nice to take back to the Bus
It hasn't been a buffet for several years. We love the breakfast skillets with cheesey potatoes and Mickey waffles. (I wish they would have served those all day. Breakfast for dinner is a treat!) But, I underdstand that more money can be made as a market for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter