Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
Saw this posted on the News and Rumors forum. It was posted on Twitter. Not sure how reliable this source is, but the new concept would address the limited quick services choices at the Fort that people complain about.

So sad.

1674865067583.png

j

Saw this posted on the News and Rumors forum. It was posted on Twitter. Not sure how reliable this source is, but the new concept would address the limited quick services choices at the Fort that people complain about.

So sad.

View attachment 735500

j
Scott isn’t in the habit of reporting things without confirming through Disney. Most of the blogs use him as a source for news.

Probably is gone for a while, @Teamubr.

Disney has thrown in the towel saying they have no idea how to make money on a table service offering at the Fort.

After the market/quick service offering fails (too much competition from my baloney sandwich) someone will have the bright idea to do a "buffet offering with country fried chicken" as a NEW idea. :rotfl2:

But I guess when they build the new DVC eye sore behind Pioneer Hall in a few years, it will have the table service offerings and the Fort will be the low service offering for meal guests.

What lozerz.

They have no idea about how to please the loyal following the Fort has. They could be making money hand over fist but nobody wants to stick their neck out to do the former Trails End concept with improvements that we would happily pay for.

Me

Last edited:

Marketplace concept? Anyone familiar with this term? Sounds to me like bringing the food trucks into TE.

After the market/quick service offering fails (too much competition from my baloney sandwich) someone will have the bright idea to do a "buffet offering with country fried chicken" as a NEW idea. :rotfl2:
That's my hope, Ed.

The term "marketplace concept" makes it sounds like something they are trying out. I suspect this will replace the food trucks they have been bringing in. Those were weather limited and only there in the evening. I wonder how successful they really were. A "marketplace" would provide breakfast and lunch options.

I've read on other sites that a top complaint about the Fort was the limited dining options. I don't think a "marketplace concept" will fix that, but they can say they tried something.

j

I've read on other sites that a top complaint about the Fort was the limited dining options. I don't think a "marketplace concept" will fix that, but they can say they tried something.

Gee it's only been that way for at least the last 20+ years that I've been there, Jim.

But then again, I'm a helluva cook and between the charcoal grill at my campsite, my griddle more recently, or even my electric skillet when need be, I can whip up a meal that put the Fort options to shame for a quarter of the price.

That's what they're up against. Campers at the Fort are the majority of their target audience. Duh!

Ed

PS - although if i can get some hot sides from P&J's, that gives me something to accessorize with on my meats and desserts.

Gee it's only been that way for at least the last 20+ years that I've been there, Jim.

But then again, I'm a helluva cook and between the charcoal grill at my campsite, my griddle more recently, or even my electric skillet when need be, I can whip up a meal that put the Fort options to shame for a quarter of the price.

That's what they're up against. Campers at the Fort are the majority of their target audience. Duh!

Ed

PS - although if i can get some hot sides from P&J's, that gives me something to accessorize with on my meats and desserts.
This is what confuses me, the limited dining options comment. I'll admit it's been a few years since we camped at the Fort. It was our go to with the kids when they were growing up because places that slept 7 within our budget were limited. Plus we always camped on vacation. I always cooked at going out was a luxury. I guess though current guests aren't necesarily the same. I see people planning out every single meal at Disney. Even staying in DVC rooms, we rarely eat out more than one meal a day. Disney food just isn't worth the cost for me. Love the snacks though.

This is what confuses me, the limited dining options comment. I'll admit it's been a few years since we camped at the Fort. It was our go to with the kids when they were growing up because places that slept 7 within our budget were limited. Plus we always camped on vacation. I always cooked at going out was a luxury. I guess though current guests aren't necesarily the same. I see people planning out every single meal at Disney. Even staying in DVC rooms, we rarely eat out more than one meal a day. Disney food just isn't worth the cost for me. Love the snacks though.

And that's the thing, @5kidsmommy (if I understand you correctly):

People are planning out every meal (as you say) but they aren't Fort guests. The most of us Fort guests us have refrigerators, grills or stoves, and the like when we stay at the Fort (which I would guess is the majority of possible TE guests). Disney food is NOT worth it most times so we guests have to balance the fact that it "tastes like junk" but it's in a neat atmosphere.

And the momentum is building in the direction of NOT eating the gruel they serve at most restaurants.

I was at WDW this Thanksgiving and ate relatively few meals at table service (counter service just gets me to the next ride) though I could be convinced to rent a locker, pack a lunch, and $ave $ome dough. It's almost like they're trying to drive us away from eating corporate junk.

And that's the thing, @5kidsmommy (if I understand you correctly):

People are planning out every meal (as you say) but they aren't Fort guests. The most of us Fort guests us have refrigerators, grills or stoves, and the like when we stay at the Fort (which I would guess is the majority of possible TE guests). Disney food is NOT worth it most times so we guests have to balance the fact that it "tastes like junk" but it's in a neat atmosphere.

And the momentum is building in the direction of NOT eating the gruel they serve at most restaurants.

I was at WDW this Thanksgiving and ate relatively few meals at table service (counter service just gets me to the next ride) though I could be convinced to rent a locker, pack a lunch, and $ave $ome dough. It's almost like they're trying to drive us away from eating corporate junk.
I can see people in the cabins possibly eating more meals out but I have to imagine people that rent something with a kitchen plan on making meals in said kitchen.
My family loved our once a trip meal at TE. The buffet was good, the kids just loved the whole experience. I guess times are changing. Food at Disney really isn't that great. We are coming down in few weeks and only staying for two nights. I truly doubt we will eat any table service meals. I just don't see the value.
I do not think a marketplace will work at the Fort. I am thinking it would be similar to the cafeteria like offerings at value resorts or maybe a little nicer similar to moderates. I just can't see it bringing in the flux of customers needed. I don't know what will ultimately happen and I'm kind of sad. We may stop by TE in February just to say goodbye.

I hope crocketts doesn’t get affected by this. Always loved the drinks and small bites that they offered. I’ve never felt the fort lacking in dining options. You’ve got P&J’s, TE, HDDR, and crocketts. You include my kitchen I’ve got and there’s plenty to eat here. This makes no sense.

I wonder if a restaurant would do better if it had at a more central location at the Fort near the pool. If you don't have a cart it is a long walk to TE from much of the campground.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter