Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

Hit up a few videos and sites with pics of the new stuff. See 8 piece bag of fried chicken in the hot grab n go space for 16.99… sides and stuff over there as well, racks of ribs… looks like could be ok.
I don't know how much weight wise was the cole slaw and potatoes in the chicken meal deal before the change, but it looks like that 8 piece /2 sides with cornbread that cost about $24 will now cost about $35 -$40. Perhaps a pound of mashed potatoes is a larger amount than what you got before.

I don't know how much weight wise was the cole slaw and potatoes in the chicken meal deal before the change, but it looks like that 8 piece /2 sides with cornbread that cost about $24 will now cost about $35 -$40. Perhaps a pound of mashed potatoes is a larger amount than what you got before.
It looks like they are still selling an 8 pc meal with 2 sides for $27 according to the menu in the app, as we well as 2 other family meals.

It looks like they are still selling an 8 pc meal with 2 sides for $27 according to the menu in the app, as we well as 2 other family meals.
Good to see that. I was thinking if a pound of potatoes, etc was $7-9 , that would add up to $35 ish.

Can anyone confirm if they still have fresh brewed sweet tea? I couldn’t tell from the video.

Can anyone confirm if they still have fresh brewed sweet tea? I couldn’t tell from the video.
I THINK that I watched a video from a regular Disney vlogger showing that one of the metal tea urns at the table was indeed sweet tea….

With TE now open, I assume the 3rd party food trucks will no longer be coming in.
What happens to the Fort internal food truck? Does it move back to the campfire sing along in the evening again?

With TE now open, I assume the 3rd party food trucks will no longer be coming in.
What happens to the Fort internal food truck? Does it move back to the campfire sing along in the evening again?
Yes, third party food trucks will still be there for Food Truck Roundup, just as they did prior to TE closure. They'll be there Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5:30-9:30.

The rocking chairs are back? Story Link

giphy.gif

The rocking chairs are back? Story Link

giphy.gif
On April's chat from Sunday, she mentioned the rocking chairs were back. This is the first pics I've seen. While not the warm and comfy wooden ones we had, these composite chairs look just as comfortable and will probably withstand the wear and tear better than the older ones.

I'm just excited to see who posts the first "Kick'in at the Fort" pic from the new chairs.

j

I'm sorry, but ewww. Those composite rockers just look cheap and tacky on the wooden porch IMO.

If they wanted something longer lasting then they could have gone for the old-style metal rockers like the Crosley Griffith rocker. Not as rustic as a wooden rocker, but I think they look better than blocky beige composite rockers. If they had to do composite, it would have looked 'nicer' if they'd at least chosen a color rather than that beige. There are some (relatively) nice looking colored 'non-wood' Adirondack rockers that would look a lot better.

On April's chat from Sunday, she mentioned the rocking chairs were back. This is the first pics I've seen. While not the warm and comfy wooden ones we had, these composite chairs look just as comfortable and will probably withstand the wear and tear better than the older ones.

I'm just excited to see who posts the first "Kick'in at the Fort" pic from the new chairs.

j
yea, not the same 'wilderness looking' rocking chairs but comfy non the less.

I didn't get a chance to take a pic..... honestly didn't have the same appeal :(

I THINK that I watched a video from a regular Disney vlogger showing that one of the metal tea urns at the table was indeed sweet tea….
They did have fresh brewed sweet tea. not sure how fresh but it was pretty good.

Do they have real tea or just sweet, asking for a yankee

giphy.gif

Son, I can help you ......

All the real Yankees that I know think HOT tea is real tea.. for that, they can provide you some hot water and a tea bag. ;)

Well, all we can guarantee is that the water will be warm. Or at least, tepid.

Seriously, as a born Yankee and a raised Southerner, I understand the mental conflict. But really?

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

PS - now if you want some intellectual conversations, dive into the threads regarding "is MILO'S Ice Tea too sweet or just sweet enough"? You may need to be a Tau Beta Pi to participate in the conversation. Passions can run high at times ....

Rockers like this (at our current campground which has a central “lodge”, ie: more of a wood like theme like the Fort buildings) would have been nice… kind of a glider with a brown wood look to it… overlooking pool/one area of sites from second story porch…IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

All the real Yankees that I know think HOT tea is real tea.. for that, they can provide you some hot water and a tea bag. ;)
As a former Yankee, I can agree. When I first moved down south, asked for tea at a restaurant and they brought me this cold stuff, I was shocked. And some restaurants don't even have tea bags. For the first year or two, whenever I went to a restaurant, I had my own tea bag with me and I taught more than a few servers about heating water in a microwave. After a few years, I got to like iced tea-that's when I knew I'd become a Southerner!

As a former Yankee, I can agree. When I first moved down south, asked for tea at a restaurant and they brought me this cold stuff, I was shocked. And some restaurants don't even have tea bags. For the first year or two, whenever I went to a restaurant, I had my own tea bag with me and I taught more than a few servers about heating water in a microwave. After a few years, I got to like iced tea-that's when I knew I'd become a Southerner!
As a lifelong Southerner, I always find it comical when I go outside the South and ask for Sweet Tea. Most places outside the South, they will just bring you unsweet iced tea and assume you just put a sugar packet in, not understanding that the sugar has to be added during the brewing process, when the water is hot and will dissolve the sugar...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter