TR: Planning A Birthday Trip to WDW in 16 DAYS!!~THE END!!!! pg 10 6/29/10

Have fun moving :thumbsup2

I bet it will be nice to have the whole family back together again :goodvibes

Your meal in France looked quite yummy :thumbsup2

Have fun moving :thumbsup2

I bet it will be nice to have the whole family back together again :goodvibes

Your meal in France looked quite yummy :thumbsup2

Thanks :) For some reason, my mom waited to start going through the house a week before we moved. If I were her, as soon as the house went on the market (almost 2 years ago) I would have done a room a month! She is kinda going crazy right now but it will be over soon hopefully!!!

I'm super late but I'm here! :yay: I just went back and read your whole TR so far and I am loving it! It's so awesome that you planned this trip in such a short amount of time! Good job! :thumbsup2

I was really excited to read about your meal at Chefs de France! DH and I have always been wusses about trying French food, but now we might have to give it a shot! :) Plus, he is learning French for his job in the Army so maybe he can practice on our waiter if we go! :laughing:

I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I'm super late but I'm here! :yay: I just went back and read your whole TR so far and I am loving it! It's so awesome that you planned this trip in such a short amount of time! Good job! :thumbsup2

I was really excited to read about your meal at Chefs de France! DH and I have always been wusses about trying French food, but now we might have to give it a shot! :) Plus, he is learning French for his job in the Army so maybe he can practice on our waiter if we go! :laughing:

I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in! Better late than never!!!!!! Chef's was amazing! When we go in Dec for an early Xmas we will probably pick this as our Candlelight dinner!

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!!!

I just wanted to take a few mins to update on the my personal life and delay in this report!!!

We FINALLY sold the house in PA (took almost 2 years) and we got the keys to our house in Cincinnati this past Friday. Yesterday the moving truck arrived with endless boxes! I pretty much got my room together and we will be sorting and unpacking for months I think!

Tomorrow is Pre-K graduation at my school so I'm going to work till 5, rush home, shower/change, get to school at 6:30 to get my kiddos ready for 7pm and will be there till maybe 8:30..I hope?

This weekend I will update I hope!!!!

I will try and start my Aug PreTR soon! I want to wait till I have more details. A friend of mine who is a CM said she would check into discounts--I'm thinking CR or POLY!!!!! I was able to make an ADR for CM dinner our first night there so we'll see if we keep it or I give it up! I need to book my return flight soon as those prices soar without notice!

Please hang in there with me, I promise to update soon!

Will be here

Enjoy their graduation tomorrow :goodvibes

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay friends but I have finally had some time to sit down and write!!!!

I'll catch ya up before I update..that and my pics are still loading on photobucket :rotfl:.

**We have moved into our house!!!! We got the keys on Fri May 28th and the movers came Tues June 1 (because of the holiday weekend). I was able to get my room together with little issues! I had a problem with my TV..I have an old school--non flat screen TV and my new dresser couldn't hold it and my mom broke my TV stand from the apt. I'd also need a stand tall enough because it went in line with my tall bed. Needless to say, I bought a "cheap" flat screen at Best Buy and it's worked out great!
I did suffer a set back yesterday. I was carrying a box of college binders to the basement storage area and fell down the stairs :( It resulted in a bruised/rug burn knee, bruised toe, and a messed up back :( I'm feeling better today!

**I have decided to not take my Praxis next weekend and pay the $45 to take it in July. It will give me 7 weeks from yesterday to prepare :thumbsup2 The only issue is, the request has to be in 3 full days before the test which is Tues and when I went to the post office to mail the request, it was $20 to mail it over night and $5 for 2-3 days. I went with 2-3 days. The guy said it may there there Mon but should on Tues..we shall see..pray for me haha.

**I'm going to start a Pre-TR for my Aug trip! We have nothing planned but an ADR at Chef Mickey's on the day we arrive. I'm waiting to hear from my CM friend but things are crazy at WDW and she is working doubles. If not, we will book with the summer discount and stay at a moderate instead of deluxe.

AND WITH THAT, MY PHOTOS ARE DONE SO HERE WE GO!!!!

MARCH 18TH, 2010--EPCOT

When we left off, Dbro and I rolled our selves out of Chefs and were on our way to use our FP's at TT!!!

On the way, we went through the Fairy Garden:

147.jpg

142.jpg

145.jpg

151.jpg

After we got on and off TT without any problems, Dbro wanted to go to SPE so we headed over there. This is our fav one to pick!!

154.jpg

155.jpg

162.jpg

You're probably like, "what the hey" how do you know what to pick?! Well, when you live there for 2 years, Epcot is your fav park, and the ride has a small wait..you learn the options. Word of the wise, don't put the ride in Chinese, it will be a long 25 min ride!! haha.

After that we walked around and went shopping at Mouse Gears before the fireworks. At 8:50 we got our spot, right in between the 2 WS shops on the slope area!!!

166.jpg

179.jpg

176.jpg

182.jpg

After the fireworks, we hopped on the Poly bus and made our way to the Poly to meet up with my D-college roomie, her fiance, and 2 aunts. We got there with 15 mins to waste! We got Dole Whips and met them out at the pool!! After Wishes, we jumped on the boat to MK, then waited for 1 hour for a bus to CSR. When we finally arrived, we got the aunt's car and went to Walmart!! After purchasing new American Tourister luggage and some other goodies, we got dropped off at POP and proceeded to pass out by 2am!!!

UP NEXT:

-MY 25TH BIRTHDAY!!!

-TL..WILL IT BE WARM ENOUGH?

-OHANA, ANOTHER DISASTER MEAL THERE?!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!

I'm still here! Guess what, my sisters and I are going to WDW in August too now! :yay:

Great update, love the F&GF pictures. Glad you're moved into your new house...hope you're getting settled. :)

I'm still here! Guess what, my sisters and I are going to WDW in August too now! :yay:

Great update, love the F&GF pictures. Glad you're moved into your new house...hope you're getting settled. :)

YAY!!!! Are you doing a Pre-TR or TR for it? I know that you are still working on your other one? I am but it's going to be super short and not too detailed but oh well!!!

Where are you guys staying?!

hey dis friends!!! I started my pre-tr for the august trip!!! Click the link on the bottom and it will take you there!

I hope you will join me :)

Love Spaceship Earth. :thumbsup2

Nice fireworks shots

Off to read your new Pre Trip :goodvibes

Hi Dis Friends!!!

The week is 1/2 over, yay!

I guess I better start finishing up this TR before my next trip!

3/19/10

MY 25TH BIRTHDAY!!!

We planned to wake up at 7:30 to get ready for TL but then we forgot it's not summer and not too hot so they didn't open till 10 so we got to sleep in till 8:30am :thumbsup2

We got up and had breakfast at Everything POP--Croissant sandwich for both of us :thumbsup2

After a super quick breakfast we went outside and got in line for the TL/DTD bus. There were a few ppl going to TL. It wasn't a super hot day that day--high 70s so we were happy that it wouldn't be too busy..we were wrong!

We got there just as the park opened and found chairs near the wave pool (next to the bar)! We ended up laying for about 2 hours to catch up on sleep :) Except we forgot to put sunblock on since it was still cloudy :rotfl:

At about 12, we decided to hit the slides :thumbsup2 We did most of the slides except I don't do the fast downhill one. We opted to do the shark swim and decided not too because it was windy and would have been FREEZING! At 2pm, Dbro decided to leave and head back to POP to work on school work and nap. I stayed till 4 :)

Remember that expensive present I told you about??!!!!

IT WAS FROM TYPHOON LAGOON!!!!

Have you ever been to Pick a Pearl?? 2 years ago, my college roomie and I did rings from there! I decided I wanted a necklace now..well, another pearl, setting, chain, and with discount it was just over $200:scared1::eek:
As it turns out, when my grandma passed away last year she left money for my brother and I and I used some of that money for the necklace because I would always play in her jewelry box when I was little so it was fitting. My kids at school LOVE when I wear it! My ring is a "boy" and my necklace is a "girl" so they always ask if I'm wearing my girl or boy..it's too cute!

After I picked my pearl and paid, I headed back to POP.

When I got to the room, I was greeted with:

004.jpg

The card on the left was from Dbro and Mousekeeping left the other card and put my teddy in the window!

When I got inside:

002.jpg

MORE SURPRISES!

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I was sooo surprised of how great everything looked! It was so great in fact that I left extra $$$ at the front desk to ensure that the right mousekeeper got it for the day!

I'm pretty sure the next two days was not the same person because things weren't as sparkled or glitzy!

After I took my pics of everything, I headed to the food court for a late lunch since our Ohana ADR was not till 8:40pm.

When I got there, of course I got:

008.jpg

It is my favorite food court meal by far! I enjoy staying at Value resorts just for this chicken!

009.jpg

While I was sitting outside eating my food a huge group--20+ ppl or so were outside and going in and out of bottom rooms next to the Hippie Dippie pool. I'm not sure if it was a convention or wedding but they were all changing for the pool and just passing the room keys off. It was odd but oh well, I guess it was legit?!

After my meal, I headed back to the room to get ready for my BIRTHDAY DINNER AT OHANA!!!

We were out of the room by 6 to allow enough time for our 8:40pm ADR.

UP NEXT:
*WILL OHANA DISAPPOINT ME AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME IN 2 YEARS?!
*WHERE WILL OUR OHANA SEAT BE?!
*WILL WE SEE WISHES?!

Where are all my readers?!!! Maybe at my Pre-TR??? lol.

Oh well, I'm moving on!

3/19/10

Dinner: Ohana

I just want to preface this by saying that this was my 5th visit to Ohana in the past 2 years. The first time, I went with my mom and dad for my belated 23rd birthday while I was working at WDW--April 2008. The meal was good, service was horrible and they had a server and "helper" for each table, no excuse if you ask me.

2nd time was with my college program roomies to celebrate our CP graduation--May 2008. Once again, the food was great and the service was horrible. We felt like they thought we were just stupid young ppl and would tip bad, which is totally wrong and I hate that stereotype. After that I said no more for dinner, twice in 2 months a horrible experience.

3rd time was with my mom for breakfast--Oct 2008 and we had a much better time. The only issue was it took 20+ mins to get our bill/card back to sign and leave.

4th time was Dec 2009 for breakfast with my family and it was a disaster. They lost our reservation, they had no pager number written down and we had a pager and waited a 1/2 hr before it went off but for another family. Our table was isolate and for 6, not 4 (once again mix up in reservation) and it was hard to pass food. Finally, it took nearly 2 HOURS to see all 4 characters. And at the 2 hr mark when Mickey came to our area I waved high and he pointed his finger at me and walked away to another table. It was horrible beyond belief. To top it all off, we asked for extra bread, got none, and the food was cold :( After that I said NO MORE OHANA....

Until Dbro begged to go there for dinner to say "he's done it." I had Kona booked and canceled it..did I make the right choice??

We had an ADR for 8:40, fireworks were at 10 that night! We checked in at 8:30, took our pic, and as our pic was taken, the buzzer went off :thumbsup2 Already that was better than last December :thumbsup2

We began to walk in and I spotted a seat right on the window, perfect view, and we were taken to a table on the side window, 1 back from the main window. A mother/daughter were seated at the other table right after us. I almost asked but I know they are pre-determined so I didn't bother, plus we were pretty close!

013.jpg

015.jpg

The orange blob to the left is the castle! The girl in the white hoodie was the table we could have asked for:

017.jpg

We had been sitting for 15-20 mins (yes I clocked it) before someone came over for a drink order. Just like the other dinners there, it was 2 male servers per table-a server and helper. The helper took our drink order and it was another 10 mins till the server came over with not only the salad but all of the appetizers..all before our drinks even came! We began to eat and I warned Dbro..here we go again with the service!

018.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

Finally after being there 35 mins, we got our drinks but we also got our main course of food. We ended up with a horrible pile of appetizers 1/2 eaten and the main course. It was a disaster of food on our table!

024.jpg

I decided early on that I wanted the Lapu Lapu drink..big mistake haha. I was feeling pretty tipsy half way through!

026.jpg

028.jpg

2 guys in the table in front of us were chosen for the parade and got to dress up like hula girls!

031.jpg

We had had our hodgepodge of food for only 10 mins when they came around and asked if we wanted more..."um no we don't want more, you gave us our appetizer platter and our main course at basically the same time so where would you like us to put extra food." That was not the exact wording but pretty close!

Finally when we could not eat anymore, it was dessert time! I got a birthday cupcake!

035.jpg

We also got the bread pudding stuff but I didn't get a pic of that! As our dessert was being delivered, WISHES started!!! We saw a good show and were happily stuffed.

All in all, the service was eh. I would have liked my food to be spread out a bit more in timing and it taking 35 mins to get drinks was a bit harsh but all in all it was okay. Dbro said he's done it now and we probably won't be going back!

After Wishes, we got on the monorail and headed to MK for our bus to POP. We were in bed before 12 which was a good thing because in the morning we had DHS EMH!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!

I thought I had commented on your last update, but I guess did not

Love all the nice decorations at your room when u got back. Towels animals were awesome

That is so nice you were able to get that pretty necklace with the money your grandma left you :goodvibes

WOW....u really do have no luck with Ohanas. That really sucks. Glad u at least got to see Wishes while u ate your dessert

:goodvibes

Sorry about the mess again at Ohana!! But at least now everyone has tried dinner there and you won't have to go back! Hopefully you and DB will have some much better places to eat in August :)

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!

Did you think I left you all??? Nah! After a week in Colorado and a busy few weeks at school, I'm finally able to update!

If you haven't joined my Pre TR for our Aug trip, please click the link below and join in!

As for this TR, I'm going to wrap it up because it's almost July, the next trip is Aug, and the next one after that is Oct or Dec so we got a ton of trips planned so this one needs to end!

3/20/10

Our Second to Last Day!

The last time we spent a full week (7 nights/ 8 days) at WDW was in May 2007 for my college graduation. Other than that, we've done the 4 and 5 night trips making it almost impossible to do everything we want to do and still relax. We sacrifice the relax part and just do everything. Well this trip is no different. After telling ourselves we will take it easy, we were here in Dec, I lived there for a year and 1/2 and saw all of it. We totally neglected that idea the first day we were at the parks. The 7am alarms and 2am bed times!

Our second to last day aka depression day was spent at DHS and MK...

We got up at 7am, ate a quick breakfast at E. POP and headed on the bus to DHS. We got in very quickly through the CM line and made our way to the hault point for rope drop. When it dropped we ran to :

055.jpg

Dbro ran to get the FP and I walked quickly. I waited for him at FP return and we jumped into the line. Now I'll rant for a few lines...
I still don't get the point of the people to insist on getting in the Standby line when their family member is the last person in line to get FP?!!:confused3
Anyone else feel that way? Then they clog up the doorway because you can't separate once you are inside so then you have people blocking the door as they stand and wait and wait. Is it so bad to just stand off to the side on the street and wait? Rant over...

Well after 25 mins in line..yes, 25 mins already at rope drop we were on!

After that we headed over to RnR and looked up and saw:

057.jpg

After 20 so mins in line for RnR we went to TOT to find the line already at the gates because the park was open for all guests at that point so we turned around and headed for a FP and got one :thumbsup2

We decided it was time to head over to Star Wars and caught a few seconds of this:

058.jpg

We took a detour instead and went to:

066.jpg

I only agreed to go see the show if it was a less than 5 min wait. We got to the door and it said next show 1 min :thumbsup2

After the show we roamed a bit on the streets of AM. Dbro had not seen it since Dec with all the lights..he was sad how horrible it looks without the lights!

After a depressing walk, we rode Star Tours, back tracked to TSM, and over to TOT where we found a 50 min wait and were loving our FP idea!

After that we had 45 mins till lunch at 50s PTC. We checked GMR and it had a 20 min wait plus the ride time so we cut that idea. We thought about the drawing class in Animation but missed the class so we decided to to this:

067.jpg

After a 20/25 min wait we took our pic and headed off to lunch!

We checked in at 50s PTC, 10 mins before our ADR and naturally it was packed! After a 15min wait, we were shown to our table..WITH A TV!

071.jpg

Our server came..and she was great! She played right along like what you expect and she had a small area of tables (4 total) and played with the family across from us!

We ordered milk shakes and our Entrees:

Mine:

072.jpg

Dbro:

073.jpg

074.jpg

When the time came for dessert of course so did the Happy Birthdays! The kid across from us had his too!

075.jpg

078.jpg

Dbro got:

080.jpg

All in all our server was WONDERFUL. So wonderful in fact that we ended up going to Guest Relations to fill out a Guest Comment Card for her!! I hope she enjoyed it!

Before we left a group of high school kids and their 2 parent chap's sat down and the one boy kept playing with his cell phone and elbows on the table..this was the result:

081.jpg

After lunch we headed back to POP for a quick swim, shower, change clothes and were off to:

082.jpg

CONT. IN NEXT POST!!!!

Now for the life of me, I can't remember what rides we went on or what we did in what order! I know sad..so I'll share pics and maybe it will jog my memory!

083.jpg

089.jpg

When we got in, Dbro went to Toon Town to look for a friend from HS who was a Character Attd on her CP. I headed to BBB to talk with the manager about coming to work in May (ended up being pointless since my ID ended up expiring in April :( ) After that we met up and did some things in Fantland and were able to get a PP FP!!

094.jpg

Before riding Jungle Cruise and POTC, Dbro got his first Dole Whip! After the rides, we decided to head over to Hall of Pres ( where we did not have to be given a bribe for the first time ever!) After the show and Haunted Mansion, it was getting dark, nearing parade time!! Dbro headed to Caseys and I to Pecos Bill. Dbro met up with me at Pecos and we ate outside and watched the start of the parade! Towards the middle, we ducked into Country Bears and saw that (first time in years!)..now we know why!!!

After some slightly entertaining bears discussing drinking, girls, and whatnot, we headed to the castle for Wishes!

104.jpg

After wishes, we headed over to Tomorrowland and went on TTA, Buzz, Monsters Inc, and then met up with my CM friend Brett from my CP days and he got us on Space Mt...special VIP treatment!!!! It was the best dream come true ever!!! After one ride of that, it was nearing 1am and the park was closing so we left :)

BYE BYE CASTLE!!!!!

UP NEXT:

BREAKFAST WITH MICKEY AND THE GANG!!!
~WHAT FUN FILLED THINGS WILL WE DO BEFORE THE DME BUS ARRIVES?!

...update will be tomorrow!!!

I love 50s Prime Time Cafe! I cracked up when I saw what that boy had to do! :rotfl:

Yay! Up is one of my all time favorite Disney movies! I love Dug! :lovestruc

Those pics of the castle are awesome! :thumbsup2

Love Prime Time

That is funny pic of kid in corner :rotfl:

Sounds like you got a decent amt of rides done that night

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter