TR: Planning A Birthday Trip to WDW in 16 DAYS!!~THE END!!!! pg 10 6/29/10

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!!!!

I thought I'd never be saying this but....

I'M GOING BACK TO WDW IN 16 DAYS!!!!!

I guess I should change the title of my current TR that says, "Last Trip as a CM." Boy was I wrong!!!

First of all, if you don't know me, my name is Megan and I'm a former WDW CP and PI and now a seasonal CM. I currently work as a Pre-K teacher in Cincinnati, OH.

Here I am the day I left for my "Last trip as a CM" Dec 2009:

003-1.jpg

I guess I'll get started with all the ?'s: Who,Where, When, and Why!

WHO:

-Myself--Megan--soon to be age 25

-Dbro (brother)--Craig--soon to be 23

106.jpg

WHERE:

DISNEY WORLD OF COURSE!!!!

and...our home away from home:

ALL STAR SPORTS
AND
POP CENTURY!!

WHEN:

MARCH 17-21, 2010

WHY:

TO CELEBRATE MY 25 BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (3/19)

Here we are May 2009 the night before I moved away from the World:

May112.jpg

Also...

My college roommate (DR) and her fiance will be there from the 15-19th and we will see them as well.

Here is DR and I Aug 2009:

steelercamp004.jpg

I hope you will come along for a crazy ride as my Dbro and I attempt to plan a WDW trip in 16 days!!!!!!!!!

UP NEXT:

--Booking Flights...nightmare

--Booking Resorts...nightmare

--Booking Dining...super nightmare!!!

..what else could there be?!

I'm here!!! I wish I was going for my birthday...our bdays are a week apart (the 12th) and I'm going to be 25 too. :eek::eek: I feel so old. LOL.

I'm here!!! I wish I was going for my birthday...our bdays are a week apart (the 12th) and I'm going to be 25 too. :eek::eek: I feel so old. LOL.

:welcome:

I know a ton of people who have a bday in March!! Everyone should go! This will be the 3rd bday in a row that I've spent at WDW..this will be the first year I'm not living there!

Booking 3 things in 3 hours and not just any 3 things but the 3 things that will make a trip in 16 (now 15) days possible!!

Yesterday I walked into work at school and looked at the directer and said.."oh boy are you going to hate me!" and I handed her my request to be off to go to WDW and she laughed and said yes of course you can go :cool1:

After I got my green light to go and got off work at 6pm, I headed straight home to began my marathon of planning 3 things..Flights, Resort, and Dining.

FLIGHTS....

The first thing was flights. Our original plan was to go 18-22 but we had to change to 17-21..not a big deal except for the fact that the flights went up from $200 to $300+ :( Oh well, we'll call it the splurge of the year.

Dbro booked his flights with Airtran and I did as well. He will be flying out of PIT and myself out of Dayton. I'm not sure how much his came to but with mine + taxes + seat fees it ended up being $352 :scared1::headache: Thank goodness for savings!!! I believe Dbros was around $280. This is all of course without checked bag fees!!

RESORTS...

The next thing was to book the resort. Now with the first dates we wanted, I was able to get into POP for all 4 nights/ 5 days but with me not being able to be off on the 22nd, we are not able to get into POP for the 17th and have to stay at AS Sports for one night and POP for 3. I'm going to keep checking back to see though.

After 1.5 hr on hold with WDW Cast reservations, I booked my resorts with dining and got my email confirmations :thumbsup2

DINING...

After 2 hours of flights and resorts, I decided to tackle Dining. We will be on the regular DDP so we have 4 TS meals and 4 CS meals.

I'll post the schedule in the next update but we narrowed down and booked without a problem:

Le Chefs

Narcoossees (sp?)

and

50s Prime Time Cafe

Well that is it for now. I don't think I've gotten more than 7 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours so I'm off to crash and dream of my trip in 15 days and have nightmares of everything I have to do to get ready...
and did I mention, I'm retaking my PRAXIS teaching state board test on 3/14...talk about crazy the next 2 weeks!!!!

STAY TUNED:

-Will booking DME be a horrid experience with 2 different flights in 2 differents states?!!!:confused3

-YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, WHO DROPS A FLIGHT PRICE BY THAT MUCH!!!!?????????:eek::scared1::sad2:

-The Day-By-Day schedule!!:thumbsup2

This is so exciting.

You got a lot accomplised

I can not wait to read what is next popcorn::

I am so glad you are getting to go back! I hope you have a great time!

I love Pop Century! I think it is a great hotel--I absolutely love the theming and I constantly tell people that their first experience should be at Pop if at all possible. I plan to take my oldest by herself in (hopefully) December. We'll be staying at Pop.

Hi Megan ~

Glad it's all working out for you to have a B'day trip!! :banana::banana: I hope maybe they'll extend the CM dining offer into April so we can get it for our trip too. That's always such a great deal!
How are plans going for the cruise? :)

Looking forward to reading your new PTR .... told you that last trip wouldn't be the "last as a CM"!! :laughing:

This is so exciting.

You got a lot accomplised

I can not wait to read what is next popcorn::

Thanks, I'm glad to have you!!!

I am so glad you are getting to go back! I hope you have a great time!

I love Pop Century! I think it is a great hotel--I absolutely love the theming and I constantly tell people that their first experience should be at Pop if at all possible. I plan to take my oldest by herself in (hopefully) December. We'll be staying at Pop.

I love it too!!! The only thing I wish they had was a hot tub at the pool and pool towels right at the pool but I can understand why they don't and it's not an issue to request more towels from mousekeeping. I love the food court!! I'm going to fax a request for 70s section building 10 and I hope I get it! I love that area :)

and

Hi Megan ~

Glad it's all working out for you to have a B'day trip!! :banana::banana: I hope maybe they'll extend the CM dining offer into April so we can get it for our trip too. That's always such a great deal!
How are plans going for the cruise? :)

Looking forward to reading your new PTR .... told you that last trip wouldn't be the "last as a CM"!! :laughing:

I love that dining deal!! We used in in Feb 2008, a month after I moved down there. My fam is spoiled now and expect that every time now haha. The cruise is a a halt based on this trip now lol.

Thanks for joining!!

Thanks for those of you who are joining me!!!

I'm sadly not going into work today until 12:30 so I thought I'd sit inside and update before I leave for the day!!

DME...WAS IT A NIGHTMARE TO SET UP???

After spending 3 hour booking flights, resorts, and dining, I decided to save booking DME the next day and the fact that it was closed for the day helped too!

I called DME (the direct number not the WDW reservations line) to set up everything. In Dec when I called the WDW ressie line, 3 different people managed to screw up all my DME stuff and in total we were sent 3 different booklets and like 8 different luggage tags :laughing::rotfl: After calling the direct DME line the CM fixed everything and set everything back up in minutes so this time I skipped the whole ressie line and went right to DME.

The CM I got was great!! She was sooo easy to understand and knew her job. She confirmed twice the different flights and different cities, explained the booklet and luggage tags (even though I know about them already), and even gave us our departure times. She even went as far as telling me since my Flight gets in after 10 how I won't get luggage tags and why and how i need to get my luggage but how Dbro will get tags and can tag his bags.

...ya she knew her stuff for sure! I was thrilled and she even went as far as to tell me that the info is sent to the printer the next day, takes 3 days to print and 3 to 5 days to mail!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

3/2 was a great day! lol.

until I got home from work....

AIRTRAN PRICE CHANGE

So I got home and decided to look at airtran to see if there were any price increases..there weren't there were decreases by $60+ :scared1::eek::headache:

I decided to try calling to see if there was a 24 hr cancel policy to cancel and rebook the flights for $298 instead of $352. The rep I got said they could credit the flight and its in an account for a year to use. I said okay how much and she says "well..we have to cancel that flight and rebook it so you will have to pay a new seat fee so it will be $6 less so you'll have $54."
Okay fine do it. I try and go online to reprint the new seat assignment and it won't let me in.
I called again..this time the lady was like you have 3 LLL's in ur last name and no 2 that is why and she changed it and I was able to get on. I get on to find only $39 in the refund and a $15 charge because I called to get the refund/change the flight :headache:
So after an hour and all that, I have a $39 credit..better than nothing I guess and I'm going so fine.

So everything is good now I guess. My next debate will be in my next post...

Pay for preferred room at POP or down-grade to standard. I'd like building 10 in the 70s section. I don't mind getting a new room. It would be nice but I'm not going to be that picky, I'd rather have the building location. According to DIS 1/2 of building 10 is preferred and 1/2 is not. It's $21 total from preferred to standard.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

UP NEXT:

-DAILY SCHEDULE WITH ADRS

-PREFERRED OR STANDARD AT POP????

-TAKE A CAB FROM SPORTS TO POP OR NOT????

Good idea calling DME directly. They know how to get things done right :thumbsup2

What a PITA with your flight changes...but at least you got a litlte bit of a credit :goodvibes

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you do?!!!

Dinner on my BIRTHDAY:

OHANA OR KONA?!!

-I've eaten at both and enjoy them both minus the slow service at Ohana.

and

Cape May Cafe or 1900 Park Fare?!!!

Last day of our trip hours before the airport...

I've eaten at 1900 before with my roommates and liked it..never done CMC

HELP!!!!

I would do Ohanas and see if you can time it right to see Wishes while you eat

I would like a nice relaxing meal before my flight, so I would pick Cape may buffet.

My sil has gone there before and liked it, but never tried it myself

I would do Ohanas and see if you can time it right to see Wishes while you eat

I would like a nice relaxing meal before my flight, so I would pick Cape may buffet.

My sil has gone there before and liked it, but never tried it myself

Geez Kelly, we must be on the same wave length or something because in the process of writing this and discussing the what-ifs..

We decided on Ohana...8:40 ADR. Wishes is at 8 so we will watch it on the beach and then go check-in for our ADR. I've eaten at Ohana 4x, 2 breakfast and 2 dinner and every time except one we've had horrible service..including our breakfast in Dec so I'm hoping dinner will go smoothly?? It will be on my actual birthday so come on!

I was lucky and got Cape May for 10am so it will allow us to sleep in a bit and either cave for a Cab or allow 1.5 hr to travel and get there. I'm going to keep checking Chef Mickeys since Dbro has his heart set on eating there but I know it's a long shot!!

I'm thinking even if I did ask for late check-out, unless we took a cab back, we would not make it in time so we have that debate going at this point!

Hi Dis Friends!! I hope you are having a good weekend!!

I think we have FINALLY narrowed everything down as far as the schedule and ADRs!!

DAY BY DAY SCHEDULE:

WED 3/17:
-Dbro flight: 11-1:10pm
-Dbro takes DME to Sports and checks in.
-Dbro hangs out at resort or DTD, Dinner at ESPN Zone?
-Me: Work till 3
-Heading to Dayton airport for 6pm flight
-Dinner at the airport
-6pm flight to Baltimore
-8:10 flight to MCO
-DME to AS Sports and meet up with Dbro and bed!

THURS 3/18

-Wake up and catch a taxi to POP
-Check-in at POP to get our room key/DDP
-Head to either Epcot, AK, or Typhoon Lagoon (if weather is bad on Fri)
-CS lunch at any of the parks
-Afternoon break at POP
-Dinner at 5:40 at Les Chefs-if park day or 8:25 Kona Cafe-if wp day
-Illuminations-if at Epcot or Wishes at Poly
-BED!

FRI 3/19

MY 25TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

-Wake up and breakfast at Everything POP
-Bus to either Epcot, AK, or TL (weather?)
-CS lunch at any of the parks
-Afternoon break at POP
-Dinner Les Chefs 5:25 or Ohana 8:40 (if WP day)
-Illuminations and Epcot EMH or Wishes at Poly
-BED!

SAT 3/20

-Wake up and breakfast at E.P.
-Bus to DHS for EMH at 8am.
-Lunch at 50s prime time cafe-12:30pm
-Afternoon break at POP
-Dinner CS at MK-Caseys, Pecos Bills, or CHH
-Stay at MK till 12am

SUN 3/21

-Wake up and check-out..maybe?
-Catch bus to MK or AK or taxi to Beach Club Resort
-10:05 Cape May Cafe character breakfast
-Buses or taxi to POP for the pool or DTD to shop!
-3pm, Dbro leaves for MCO
-4:15pm, I leave for MCO
-Me: 7:15 flight to Dayton-9:30

..the birthday trip is over :(

So to recap we have the following ADRs booked for our DDP:

Thurs: Les Chefs and Kona
Fri: Les Chefs and Ohana
Sat: 50s Prime Time Cafe
Sun: Cape May Cafe

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!!!

and yes I did the naughty thing and double booked restaurants but with only 3 full days there and one day being a water park, sorry WDW but I'm going to be flexible! We will of course cancel the ADRs we don't want as it gets closer and we look at the weather and I will be taking my TL refillable mug! I think I have one for every day of the week since I had an AP when I lived there!!

THANKS FOR READING :)

UP NEXT:

-PLANNING PICTURES
-MOUSEKEEPING ENVELOPES
-MY NEW PLANNING BINDER!!!!!!!!

I recommend Cape May--see my review in my siggie. I have each review linked in the 2nd post I think.

Thanks!! We decided on that one and I ended up canceling 1900 already. I tried to click on your dining link and it said page could not be found :( Can you send me the addy please so I can read it :)

your schedule looks great and looks like a fun time

:woohoo:

wow! this is an exciting PTR! I can't believe you took care of everything in a couple days! I commend you for that :worship:!! lol! Can't wait to hear more plans!

*keala*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter