TR: Planning A Birthday Trip to WDW in 16 DAYS!!~THE END!!!! pg 10 6/29/10

Megan,

Congrats to your DB! Really, it's not bad he's not going until August ~ he'll get to miss part of the summer heat that way!! Plus you get another scheduled trip out of it :banana: So now what's going on for the May trip? Are you going by yourself or is your brother still in for that one? It's coming up soon! :cool1:

I told him that missing the heat is not a bad thing, esp. if you work at AK!!

Congrats to your Brother!!

Cant wait to hear what attractions he gets :goodvibes

It's killing me too!!!

Congrats to your brother!!!!!

I know you did the CP too...did you have to do an online interview before your phone interview? My sister was talking about that and is kind of nervous. Any tips for her when she does finally apply?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back! When Dbro applied a year ago they did not have the interview online. I didn't have it either. I guess what you do is read the questions and it's timed and they advise you to answer strongly to the questions..strongly agree or disagree. I guess if you pick neutral answers it might reject you. Dbro picked strong answers and was fine. As far as the phone interview, there are a ton of great tips on here to help her out. She needs to have her resume in front of her bc they will ask prior job experience and they will ask questions about the roles she would like. They also ask about living with different types of people and how you would handle living situations. Good luck to her!

Congrats to your brother and to your whole family on the sale of their house!!! Best of luck with your new home!!

Thanks!!!

Hi Dis Friends!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for over a week but it has been crazy. We are losing employees at my work so I have been working OT for the past 3 weeks and week 4 is coming up. :sad2::eek: I thought I would take some time to update where we stand!!

Our house in PA is finally pending :cool1: My dad had taken a job in Cincinnati almost 2 years ago and it has taken this long to sell our house. We put an offer in on one down there and it is also pending so we are thrilled!! If all goes as planned with getting the inspection issues cleared and bank issues cleared we will be closing with our house on 5/27 and closing on the house in OH on 5/28. :thumbsup2

I got my results last month and failed my Praxis for the 5th time. I guess I'm not meant to teach next school year either, geez! I'm retaking it on June 12th so I'm praying for a passing test since I missed passing by 3 stinking points!

Dbro was accepted into the WDW CP (college program) on 4/21 for Attractions! His move-in date is Aug 9th. I'm praying he does not have an upper floor apt like I did bc that will not be fun moving stuff in, in 90+ degree weather with possible rain!

Finally, it turns out I'm not longer a WDW CM :( I had booked my resort 2 weeks ago and this past weekend, I tried to get onto my CM site and it kept saying denied. By Monday-4/26, I called Casting and they said I had been withdrawn from the company. I guess I had to work every 6 months instead of once a year and she said each dept. is different and there is nothing she could do. I was lucky and canceled my $260 flight before the midnight deadline so I was refunded and canceled my precious 60% off room with 1/2 off QS DDP :sad2::sad1: It broke my heart but I need to start building my savings back up after the March trip and Dec trip.

I will be going down with Dbro in Aug and flying back home after he moves in. Due to not getting discounts anymore, I'm not sure how long we will go or what we will do. I noticed on WDW.com that they have the offer with the discount rooms. I was thinking of doing that and adding the QS DDP and 1 day park hopper and 1 day water park..?? I did some math and from Sat-Tues it was $500 each for POP Standard, 1 park ticket, 1 water park ticket, and QS DDP. I'm not sure if that is a good deal or not?? Too bad we missed Free Dining by a week!

OKAY NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!

3/18/10

EPCOT PART 2

When we left off, Dbro and I had finished an early afternoon lunch at UK's Fish and Chips. I asked Dbro if he wanted to go back and ride rides and he said, nah, let's walk around WS and get pics of the rest of Flower and Garden so off we went! We stopped in some shops in the UK. I was looking for a Claddagh ring and found one for $17 and with my discount it took off a dollar or 2 :thumbsup2 After shopping we headed out for our pic adventure!

UK:

064.jpg

FRANCE:

067.jpg

068.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

MOROCCO:

073.jpg

JAPAN...I DIDN'T GET MUCH:

074.jpg

USA:

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

ITALY:

079.jpg

GERMANY:

080.jpg

CHINA:

082.jpg

NORWAY:

083.jpg

MEXICO:

..nothing. We couldn't find it and there were ton's of people around trying to get to the QS dining location and with the refurb on the other side we said forget it lol!

After we were done with WS we decided to head over to the TT/MS side and see if TT had any FPs left. We were in luck! They still had FP left for the 7:00-8:00 hour so we snagged 2 of those and headed over to MS since TT had a 120 min wait and 60 min for single rider.

We got up to MS and walked right in. Dbro wanted to do the spinning side so I agreed once and that was it. We waited maybe 20 mins and got right in. After spinning we decided to head outside and take more pics!

084.jpg

At that point it was nearing 2pm..where did the time go?! We decided to sit down and see what we would ride next. We had not gotten our text from POP with our room # so I decided to call and our room was ready! :thumbsup2 10 mins later I got the text :) We decided to head back to the resort, shower, maybe swim, unpack, and leave early to get back to use our FP and ride a few things before dinner in France.

On the way out we got some pics:

086.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

On the bus we had recapped what we had ridden so far at 2pm'ish. 2 rides at AK and 2 rides at Epcot..if my Dad had known we had only done 4 rides so far he would have died (mr. scheduler!)

We waited maybe 10 mins for a bus and got on and were on our way to POP!!

UP NEXT:

-WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S BROKEN???!!!!!
-WILL WE RIDE MORE RIDES AT EPCOT?!
-HOW WILL OUR FRANCE DINNER GO..WILL IT BE TOO FANCY FOR US?!

STAY TUNED!!!

Congrats on your house :thumbsup2

That really stinks about your employment. Any way you could reapply to be a seasonal cast member ?

Love all your pics. Flower and Garden Festival is so pretty.

:goodvibes

Congrats on your house :thumbsup2

That really stinks about your employment. Any way you could reapply to be a seasonal cast member ?

Love all your pics. Flower and Garden Festival is so pretty.

:goodvibes

Thanks :) I could try and reapply but I'd have to go down to casting :( We'll see what the future brings!

Hi Dis Friends!!

I hope everyone is still reading!

I wanted to take a second to update on my personal life. The TR has been put on hold for the week!

At my work, we have suffered some teacher setbacks. The one teacher was in a car accident and has been off for 3 weeks and called today and said she will be out until June 1. We're not sure what's wrong with her besides "her bumps and bruises" that she writes on FB. We're not sure if she'll come back but I think she is going to be replaced? Another teacher lost her mom last week and has told work that she isn't returning due to the loss and has a lot to deal with at this point in time. Finally, a teacher lost her baby grandson last week so she is out. With all the teachers out or having left we are in a huge need of teachers and I'm currently on my 3rd week of OT. :( The money is good, the stress is not! Please pray for me and that I stay sane!
If you are in the Cincinnati area and are looking for a FT/PT job in teaching, let me know!!! Plus I get a bonus or paid days off if I recommend someone!

Between work, the house selling, and studying for my Praxis-June 12, I have been super busy!

My family and I are planning on taking a much needed vacation to Vail, CO in June for Father's Day and my mom's Bday.

Well, that is it for now..I will be back soon to update the trip! I'm going to hopefully do a Pre-TR or a TR for when I go to WDW in Aug to take my bro down!!

STAY TUNED!

Ugh, sorry to hear about all the stuff going on at school. Too bad Milwaukee is not closer to Cincinnati. haha

I bet you are so looking forward to your trip to CO. :thumbsup2 Hope it comes up fast for you.

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::banana::wizard: :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::car::car::car::rockband: :rockband::cake::disrocks::jumping1:

Sorry my son hijacked my computer

Sounds like a crazy time at your school

Try and hang in there. School year almost over

Trip to Colo sounds nice:goodvibes

hey im joining in.Planning in 16 minus days caught my eye. im also a former CP, i did mine spring 2007 and i still miss it like crazy. i was a campus rep until this year, after i had my son i had to cut back on the extra things im sry to hear about work. take care of yourself stress can get to u.

Ugh, sorry to hear about all the stuff going on at school. Too bad Milwaukee is not closer to Cincinnati. haha

I bet you are so looking forward to your trip to CO. :thumbsup2 Hope it comes up fast for you.

Thanks :( My boss asked me if I had any friends looking for teaching jobs and I said #1, I do but they don't live here and #2, you don't pay high enough that they could move here and afford rent. Oh well, we'll cross our fingers for new teachers soon!

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::banana::wizard: :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::car::car::car::rockband: :rockband::cake::disrocks::jumping1:

Sorry my son hijacked my computer

Sounds like a crazy time at your school

Try and hang in there. School year almost over

Trip to Colo sounds nice:goodvibes

Haha! Thanks for the pics :) Sadly the year is not over soon :( I work at a private christian daycare/preschool and it's open 12 months a year. My week off will be like Heaven!

hey im joining in.Planning in 16 minus days caught my eye. im also a former CP, i did mine spring 2007 and i still miss it like crazy. i was a campus rep until this year, after i had my son i had to cut back on the extra things im sry to hear about work. take care of yourself stress can get to u.

:welcome:

I miss the CP too! Live seemed easier then, you went to work, you went home, out to eat, out with friends, and spending tons of money that we didn't have! Thanks for the well wishes :)

Hang in there!!!!!

Flower & Garden pix are great!!!

Sorry to hear about your CM status...that stinks!

Thanks!!! It's okay about the status :( As much as I would have loved to keep it, I don't think there is any way that I could have kept it once I started teaching full time. It would take loads of money to work twice a year plus go down to use the perks.

HI DIS FRIENDS!! Sorry for the huge delay in updates! Life has gotten crazy again!

-Our house is pretty much sold. We're waiting on a final work on the loan from the people buying the house of the people who are buying ours! Our house in PA is all done and our buyers have their loan and the house in OH is all done and my parents are buying it without a loan so that is good too :thumbsup2

-Dbro is getting excited about his CP! He found a roomie on FB who is from CO which is perfect since we will be out there for a week in June. They will be able to meet and talk before they get to FL. We're planning on leaving Fri Aug 6th at 3pm, driving as far as we can and get into Orlando hopefully early on the 7th. I'll be flying home on the 10th. I'm not sure what we are going to do about resort or food? I was thinking of just trying to get one of those summer discount POP rooms and maybe getting the QS DDP except Dbro moves in on Mon so for 2 days it would be a waste?? I would like to go to MK on Sun to see the new fireworks/parade but we'll see if it fits into a budget or not?? I'll most likely do a TR :)

-School is still crazy busy. One teacher is returning on Monday. Another isn't until June 1 and the last we don't know? My boss has hired one and interviewed several others so hopefully the OT will be ending soon! We had Pre-K graduation pics on Fri. Graduation is June 3 :)

NOW FOR THE UPDATE!!!

When I left off, Dbro and I got our text/phone call that our POP room was finally ready :thumbsup2:cool1:
Since I already knew we were in a refurbished room, I was getting excited! We waited maybe 5 mins for a bus and were off!

When we got off the bus we headed to luggage services to get our bags. The guy working said they could be to our room in a 1/2 hour and we said we had dinner ressies at Epcot and needed to leave in an hour and would just take the bags now. He got the bags and of course we tipped $1 a bag. I think he was trying to talk us into having the bags sent so he would get a tip? We still tipped him the same.

He walked out to confirm the # of bags and said:

"ARE YOU AWARE THAT THIS SUITCASE WHEEL IS BROKEN?!"

Me:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S BROKEN???!!!!"

He turned my precious blue, DISNEY STORE, brand new, only used once, suitcase and the wheel was dangling by a thread of plastic :( :scared1::sad2:

He asked if I knew about and I said no but it had been at the airport in Dayton, Baltimore, DME bus, AS Sports, taxi, and finally POP. He said he was sorry I was not aware of it and thanked us for the money.
That would explain why it was so heavy to pull the first night and the next day :( :sad1: We're pretty sure it was Airtran's fault but what was I going to do??!!!!!!!

Dbro carried it with 2 hands and off to the room we went..

We got to our room: 6408

108.jpg

And our refurbished room!!!!!!!!!

103.jpg

..you can see my poor broken baby in the corner :(

104.jpg

105.jpg

The TV was nice. Just like the ones in the Deluxe resorts but Dbro and I agreed that a nice TV would have done and a fridge would have been better. You aren't in your room much to watch TV and if you are, who cares? Just our opinion.

106.jpg

CONT IN NEXT POST.....

Final room view..at that point, Stacy had been turned on!

110.jpg

Views from our door:

126.jpg

127.jpg

We have only ever stayed in Building 10 (across from 6) and we enjoyed the location of building 6 just as much as 10. I was glad we upgraded to Preferred.

Pool:

116.jpg

113.jpg

The "rug pic"

118.jpg

Lobby:

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

I have to say that I LOVE the food at POP!!!!!!!

After I did a quick tour of the grounds and room, I headed back to the room and began to hopefully fix my broken baby! I looked at the wheel and decided to just rip it off and see and did that and hoped it would wheel better. It did not :(

I went into panic mode and called my mom in tears as my precious Dbro slept through it all!

I said to her "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE SOUVENIRS IN IT YET AND I COULDN'T PULL IT!!!???" She told me to calm down and to see if there was anyway I could call Disney Store and see. How would that help?! I had no car either :( That is when it set in that when you go to WDW with a car you are spoiled! I sure as heck was not going to pay a fortune to buy Disney luggage at the gift shop or pay for a Taxi :(

Finally, I decided to call Droomie who was there with her DF at SSR and remembered that her 2 aunts were coming up for the weekend as well and had a car. Maybe we could take the car and drive to walmart for new luggage!!

I called her and she asked the aunts and the one with the car said yes! I was hoping they would since I had gotten them their CSR room at my CM rate-50% off :) We made plans to meet for MK Fireworks at Poly later that night and we would take the bus back to CSR and take the car to Walmart!

I then called Mousekeeping to see if I could leave the broken baby for them to throw away. They said yes :thumbsup2 I of course left an extra tip the following day when it was taken :)

After the horror that was my suitcase, I finally unpacked :)

After unpacking and a shower, I got Dbro up from his nap and we headed off to Epcot for our 5:40 ADR at Chef's De France...

UP NEXT:

-Nervous about French food, will I like it?!

-Will we make it Walmart and back in one piece?!

STAY TUNED!!!!

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Glad they have done some intervies and hopefully your OT can end soon

That sucks about your suitcase. I definitely think it was airtran after how my luggaged was damaged twice with them

Score being able to use their car :cool1:

I like the new bed spreads at Pop. Way nicer looking them former ones...they were so busy :laughing:

That is awesome your brother can meet his roommate before going down there! I bet he is excited...my sister is just excited that she gets to apply soon!

That is such a bummer about your suitcase. :guilty:

Great pictures of POP!

Glad they have done some intervies and hopefully your OT can end soon

That sucks about your suitcase. I definitely think it was airtran after how my luggaged was damaged twice with them

Score being able to use their car :cool1:

I like the new bed spreads at Pop. Way nicer looking them former ones...they were so busy :laughing:

Thanks!!!! The whole suitcase thing was horrible :( The new beds were nice. Someone on a POP thread said they were like a boxspring with a pad on it but whatever, we couldn't tell. If you ask me, they could upgrade the pillows..they were horrid!

That is awesome your brother can meet his roommate before going down there! I bet he is excited...my sister is just excited that she gets to apply soon!

That is such a bummer about your suitcase. :guilty:

Great pictures of POP!

Yes!!! Thanks :)

my goodness! your pics made me more excited for our stay at POP, even though its not till october!

Yay!!! I really do love POP. I think 4 adults in 1 POP room might be a bit much but for Dbro and I it was just fine and the privacy curtain was a nice feature as well :thumbsup2 All they need to do is add a hot tub and it would totally rock!

HAPPY THURSDAY DIS!!!!!

Normally I don't update during the week but we are moving next weekend so this weekend will be filled with boxing, going through storage stuff, and cleaning! I started reading the book: THE KINGDOM KEEPERS. Has anyone read it yet? I'm on chapter 3 and it's pretty good so far. I love all the park lingo and talk. I'm hoping it's a good book. I got it from the local library! I figured it would be good to take on the plane to Colorado in June and to get psyched for the August trip!

Dbro and I have been talking about the August trip and I'm going to start a Pre-TR soon. I wanted to wait until I had more details to start it. I hope you will join!!!

3/18/10

When we left off, I was getting over my poor broken suitcase. I never did take a picture of the broken baby but may she rest in pieces somewhere in Florida!

I got showered and dressed after a quick minute dip in the pool. I got Dbro up around 4:00. I figured if we left by 4:30 it would give us a good hour to get there and to France!

We were out the door before 4:30 and on the bus by 4:30 :thumbsup2 Once again, I can't stress how great of bus luck we had! It seems when we stay at WL we have HORRIBLE buses! Every time I've stayed at POP or even All Stars, we've had great bus luck!

When we got to Epcot we still had 45 mins until our ADR so we hit up Soarin with our FP's. The wait was 130 mins. :scared1: We were on and off in 20 mins :thumbsup2 After a quick stop at Figment, we headed over to France!

We got there at 5:30 for our 5:40 ADR. There was 1 family waiting ahead of us and they took our name and gave us a pager, why, not sure...it wasn't busy at all!

At 5:40 on the dot we were seated!

We were walked to our table and were sat right at the window! I did not even request this!

128.jpg

We quickly realized the window seat was not "all that" when people walking past had to take pics of us, as if we were famous or something!

130.jpg

Inside view:
(blurry)
129.jpg

I'll preface this by saying that I was not totally excited about this meal. My dad begged us to eat there last Dec but I wasn't fond of the menu and even Dbro was not so we went to China and had a decent meal. Dbro changed his mind in 3 months so we decided to try it and see. If anything we were dining on a CM $25 a day DDP so who cares!

Our server arrived quickly and took drink orders, 2 Iced Teas! We said we were on the DDP and if we could get the 3 course meal and he said yes of course you can!

We were able to get soup, entree, and dessert for $30-something? each.

No food yet!

131.jpg

We ordered our soups when our drinks arrived. I got the French Onion and Dbro the Lobster Bisque.

132.jpg

133.jpg

The soups were fantastic and the bread was also a hit! It was a good start. I was worried about the entrees though!

We then ordered entrees. I got the Beef Short Ribs and Dbro got the Salmon.

134.jpg

135.jpg

The entrees...WHERE A HIT! I loved mine. The meat just melted in your mouth! It had a great broth and noodles. Dbro loved his salmon and ratatouille.

We finally ordered dessert!
I got the profiteroles and Dbro the Chocolate Cake

My first WDW birthday candle of the trip!

136.jpg

137.jpg

The desserts were a huge hit as well. All in all the meal was wonderful. We will be returning there I'm sure! The total bill ended up being around $80 plus tip. Our $25 per person DDP was sure worth the money during that meal! We always like to keep track of how much $ we save with the DDP, especially the discount DDP!

Our service was great as well. Our server insisted on us taking a pic:

140.jpg

After paying we rolled out of Chefs and headed over to ride TT!!!!

UP NEXT:

-RIDES AND ILLUMINATIONS!!!!

stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter