TR: Planning A Birthday Trip to WDW in 16 DAYS!!~THE END!!!! pg 10 6/29/10

Sorry about the mess again at Ohana!! But at least now everyone has tried dinner there and you won't have to go back! Hopefully you and DB will have some much better places to eat in August :)

Thanks! I just think that Ohana and I don't mix and they have been given a chance and screwed up more than 3x so that's it and I won't be back! Kona on the other hand lol..

I love 50s Prime Time Cafe! I cracked up when I saw what that boy had to do! :rotfl:

Yay! Up is one of my all time favorite Disney movies! I love Dug! :lovestruc

Those pics of the castle are awesome! :thumbsup2

Wasn't that great!! I think I still have the slip from our meal if anyone is going there and can ask for a specific server. I'll have to find where the envelope is with her name in it!

Love Prime Time

That is funny pic of kid in corner :rotfl:

Sounds like you got a decent amt of rides done that night

:goodvibes

Thanks! I thought for sure Dbro would do something to end up in that position but he was good. We even drew a pic for our server :) She took it and loved it haha!

Well Dis friends, this is it! My last post for this TR. If you haven't joined me on my Aug Pre-TR, please come on over!!!

3/21/10

CHEF MICKEYS AND BYE BYES!

7am, the alarm went off again! Only to be silenced! Even though we had a late night the day before, we went back to POP and instead of showering/crashing, we started packing thus making it able for us to sleep in!

We went back to bed till 8am, the most sleep we had gotten all trip! :thumbsup2

Finally at 8 we got up, and did what I always do first..can you guess it??

Yep that's right, turn STACEY ON!!!. The day before I was faced with a not happy brother when I forgot to turn the beloved yet hated (based on her new show) Stacey. Well that day I remembered and off to the shower I went while Dbro woke up to our fav channel!

After an hour, we headed off to the bus for MK (around 9am) and headed toward:

107.jpg

108.jpg

110.jpg

We got there a 1/2 hour early so we ducked into the gift shop and ended up buying over $100 worth of stuff! A hoodie for me, golf shirt and golf hat for dad for Father's Day (he loved it!), and a hoodie for Dbro.

By 10am, we checked in for our 10:15am ADR. We took our pic (did not buy) and as soon as we sat down, our buzzer went off!

112.jpg

114.jpg

The seater told us a bit about the food since it had been years and years since Dbro had been there. Soon we were seated...in our own little corner by the window!

115.jpg

It wasn't too long and someone arrived!

116.jpg

117.jpg

Views from our table:

120.jpg

120.jpg

Some food pics!

121.jpg

123.jpg

We weren't there 10 mins and they started the birthday song/parade so this came even before our second plate!

126.jpg

Our own little corner!

118.jpg

After the birthday song:

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

By that point it was nearing 11:15 and we waited on Mickey and Minnie..we waited and waited and waited..it was like our Dec Ohana nightmare all over again with a 2 hour breakfast and waiting forever for Mickey!

Finally by 11:45, Mickey and Minnie came over!

133.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

After paying with our last DDP credit, we got our stuff and headed out!

All in all it was a better experience than at Ohana last Dec. For one, the view was great and we even saw a lifeguard save at the CR pool!

After CM, we looked towards the darkening skies and decided to do the monorail loop back to MK bus..

CONT. IN NEXT POST....

After our CM breakfast we got on the monorail and headed towards Poly!

We took some lobby pics, got a dole whip, and sat by the pool..still watching the dark skies getting darker!

145.jpg

154.jpg

152.jpg

151.jpg

150.jpg

After the Poly we got on the monorail and off at GF for a super super super quicky stop! I took some pics of the lobby (all ended up blurry :() and we got on the next monorail.

After a quick bus ride back to POP, we were home by 1:30. Our plan was to sit at the pool and Dbro would do homework before his DME bus came at 3pm and I would swim, shower in the laundry room area, and wait for my 4pm DME bus...change of plans

IT STORMED!!!

Not only did it storm but it rained and hard from when we got back to POP until when I got on the plane and left Orlando!

So we ended up inside Everything POP, without a room :(, and some helpful CMs found an outlet for Dbro to use his laptop and we got a late lunch and waited for our DME buses while watching others run from the rain.

By 3pm, Dbro was on the bus and off and by 4, I was on the bus and off!

We ended up having gates right next to each other at MCO so I said bye to Dbro as he got on his Airtran Plane and an hour later I was on mine.

When I got home at 11:30pm that night:

160.jpg

My room blew up with disney bags!!!!

UP NEXT TOMORROW:

RECAP OF TRIP AND WHAT'S NEXT FOR US!!!

Sorry this one is coming to an end, but I'm following along on your PTR for August too :) Your DBro must be getting so excited for his CP :cool1:

Another great TR, Megan :) I'll check back tomorrow for The End (for this one at least).

Sorry this one is coming to an end, but I'm following along on your PTR for August too :) Your DBro must be getting so excited for his CP :cool1:

Another great TR, Megan :) I'll check back tomorrow for The End (for this one at least).

Thanks!!! :) He is getting excited!

Well Dis Friends..

This is it!!

My last post for this TR :( I'm sad it's over for many reasons. It was a great brother/sister trip! We had awesome meals! And it was

MY LAST TRIP AS A WDW CM :(

I was supposed to return to Disney several weeks later in mid May to work at BBB for a week to keep my Seasonal ID active but was sadly cut off in April since I had not worked twice a year (I thought it was once a year).
That trip had to be canceled and several weeks later, Dbro was accepted to do the Disney College Program so I will be heading down to WDW with him in Aug to help him get moved in and settled! There will be many more trips to WDW which makes me HAPPY!!!!

As far as this trip goes...

BEST PART OF THE TRIP:

~No fighting!
~Riding our favorite rides
~Riding pretty much all MK rides within 7 hours :thumbsup2
~The Tinkerbell birthday card that Dbro got for me..it had music!

BEST SURPRISE OF THE TRIP:
~ALL of our housekeeping surprises! She really did do a great job!

BEST PURCHASE OF THE TRIP:
~My pearl necklace from TL Pick A Pearl. It cost a pretty penny but it's wonderful. Even my kiddos at school love when I wear it ( not often! )

BEST MEAL OF THE TRIP:
~Service: 50s prime time cafe
~Food: CHEFS DE FRANCE

WORST PART OF THE TRIP:
~RIP to my precious/somewhat brand new Blue Disney-Disney Store luggage
~The rain storm on the last day which kept us inside Everything POP for several hours!

We were happy with our resort choice. Our favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge hands down but POP has become a close favorite. Our only complaints are: no towels at the pool, no hot tub at the pool, and small lobby. When we stay at POP we truly are in the crowd that sleep, shower, and eat quick meals there and are outside of the room all the other times!

We had an awesome trip overall. We were actually able to plan a trip to WDW in 16 days, get some great last minute ADRS, get 60% off our room, and DDP for 50% off!!

Well, I guess that's it for this TR...

NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't joined me for the Aug Pre-TR, please join me!

I hoped you enjoyed it!!!!

Love you all :)

~Megan

sad to see this end, but sounds like a great trip over all

Will see ya over on your Pre-Trip Report :surfweb:

Wow, lots of great updates to end your report. I love the Prime Time. That picture of the one guy with his nose on the wall is great. :laughing: The desserts there are always pretty good.

I am still super jealous you were there for your birthday...it looks like you had a great time and had lots of fun bday surprises. Hopefully next year I'll get to go for mine.

August is coming up soooo fast. Our trips will be here before we know it! Maybe we'll see ya down there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter