• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 5 Lump In Your Throat WDW moments

:sad: Waaahhhh...ommigosh, all the happy tears and memories on this thread!! :goodvibes

as "newtodis" posted:
*Family Time/Leaving the "Real World" Behind - Disney is literally the only place in the world that I've found that I can walk away from whatever's going on in my life and enjoy my vacation. I enjoy my family, the parks, characters, everything without worrying about what's going on at the office, home, mail, whatever. I never want to loose that feeling while I'm there!

This is SO important to me and our family. We truly do feel like we are in another world...nothing else comes close. :grouphug:

Philharmagic totally did me in.

You see, my "little girls" are now 22, 21 and 17. When they were little, they watched Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, over and over. Their favorite Disney movies! Of course, we all got to know the songs by heart.

When I sat watching Philharmagic with my big girls next to me, once again, hearing those beloved songs after so many years and realizing just how FAST the years went and wishing I could have my little sweet girls in pigtails back for just ONE MORE DAY.....well, I just about lost it. Thank goodness it was dark in there so they didn't see the tears flowing....

Kris

Philharmagic totally did me in.

You see, my "little girls" are now 22, 21 and 17. When they were little, they watched Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, over and over. Their favorite Disney movies! Of course, we all got to know the songs by heart.

When I sat watching Philharmagic with my big girls next to me, once again, hearing those beloved songs after so many years and realizing just how FAST the years went and wishing I could have my little sweet girls in pigtails back for just ONE MORE DAY.....well, I just about lost it. Thank goodness it was dark in there so they didn't see the tears flowing....

Kris

Ooh, forgot Philharmagic. That one gets me teary every time. I just pretend I'm wiping off the water. ;) DS is 3, and I can't imagine 17!! I just hope he keeps wanting to go to Disney! :goodvibes

1. Wishes- all of it!
2. Walking out of Epcot late at night with the twinkling sidewalks.
3. Walking around the Poly late at night with the tiki torches lit.
4. Seeing the castle for the first time, walking down mainstreet.
5. The Pirates ride and everything surrounding it!

1. Seeing the castle for the first time.
2. Watching my daughter catch the bubbles at the end of the Nemo show.
3. Wishes
4. Soarin
5. The bus ride from the airport to hotel.

1) Watching Wishes from Poly Beach (I am tearing up thinking about it!)
2)On ME when the driver announces "Welcome to Disney World" and you roll through the main gate!! (WATERWORKS)
3)Taking the boat ride from POFQ at night to and from DTD!
4)Christmas on Main Street with the Castle lit up and the "snow" falling!(oh God here I Go)!
5)The Christmas decorations at WL and taking a sleigh ride with my husband!

I know but I have one more!!

6)Going on DCL and getting to PC and seeing the ship when you come over the bridge!!

What a great thread. We have only been once, last December, but it was a trip of a lifetime. When we first made the decision to go, we were in the process of building our home. I told my DH that I wanted to take the kids to Disney World before they got any older, and we really thought this would be the only trip. The trip was so magical, that we're planning to go back in October 2010, and hopefully for many years to come.

So many of the other posts brought back memories of little moments I had kinda forgotten about. . .

#5 - Seeing Tinkerbell fly down at the beginning of Wishes.

#4 - The end of Fantasmic and Mickey's "Some imagination, huh?". Simple words, but really, when you think about it, look at how one man's imagination changed the world.

#3 - The musical fountains and twinkling sidewalks at Epcot. Our first night we went to Epcot and went straight to Coral Reef to eat. We finished quite late, Illuminations was already over, and people were leaving the parks. We stumbled up on the twinkling sidewalks and stood there just mesmerized, looking at the sidewalk and watching the fountains go in sync with the music. That's when it hit me I was really, finally, here.

#2 - Riding Space Mountain our last night. We went to MVMCP, and got to ride Space Mountain over and over. It was riding it that last time that I *knew* we would be back.

#1 - Meeting Cinderella. I was having my picture taken with her, and my husband jokingly said "Aren't you a little old for this?". It took me 32 years to get to Disney World and, yes, I was enjoying it like a typical 6-year-old would! Anyways, Cinderella leaned over, and whispered in my ear, "When you're in Disney World, you're never too old to be a princess". I about lost it right there, and it still tears me up just thinking about it!

1. Watching wishes with my mom and sister and leaving the MK wondering if this will be our last time being there together and hoping that it's not.

2. Riding Splash Mtn, COP, and Small World. Those three always give me the "I'm really here and never want to leave" lump

3. Having breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:15 and having main street to ourselves. We always get pics in front of the castle with no other people in the background. It's great.

4. Watching Fantasmic or Illuminations and hearing all the music from the show and the leaving the park afterwards again wondering when or if we will ever be back. Theres just something about being in the parks late at night period that puts a lump in my throat, lol. I guess with the lights and music it just seems even more "magical" at night.

5. Riding the monorail/buses/boats and hearing the little announcements they make as the hotel or MK comes in to view for the first time.

There are just so dang many, lol. I'm a very emotional person and will get teary eyed at the drop of a hat. My family makes fun of me everytime. I even cry when I get a new vacation planning dvd in the mail and watch it for the first time.....ok or the 10th time.

This was a great thread and I got teary eyed just reading it. Thanks OP :hug:

1) Walking out onto Main St under the train tracks when we first get there
2) Seeing the Walt & Mickey statue
3) Carousel of Progress
4) Wishes
5) Illuminations

I am so glad I am not the only sap who gets all teary eyed at WDW! :goodvibes

Good grief, I'm crying like a baby! I've only been once, and I cried the whole time, and we're heading down this summer for the first time with my girls, so this will list will be revised then!

1. the Arch Walt Disney world
2. First view of the castle!
3. Stading in front of the "geyser" at WL, hearing my new DH say "Good morning, dear wife"
4. Watching EPCOT's new years fireworks, bringing in the new year as a married lady!
5. Meeting Mickey for the first time. I actually said "I've been waiting my whole life to meet you" like the little girl in the commercial that was popular then!

I'm happy to see so many people mentioning COP. I really hope they keep it around for a long long time!!!

5. On our very first visit in '04 our girls were 4 & 7 and were caught up in the magic like crazy! Seeing their expressions when they saw the castle for the first time had tears running down my face!

4. On that same trip, Illuminations was our first fireworks experience. DD 7 was totally overwhelmed by it all. The look on her face was beautiful! Awe, a little fear, amazement and then finally joy as she got used to it.

3. I had been to WDW once when I was a kid and my favorite memory was of playing with Chip and Dale at a dinner at the Contemporary. Years later DD7, painfully shy, would always hide behind me if a character came near her. Until one day at the MK we arrived a little late and missed rope drop. We had just gone under the archway, and Pinocchio runs off of a porch and grabs our family, dragging us inside the building. Inside we find no people, and Minnie, Mickey, Gepeto, Goofy, Chip & Dale, the girl mice from Cinderella, and Alladdin. We get them all to ourselves! Chip & Dale somehow convinced DD to join a conga line and dance with them. She was giggling and having a blast, dancing and laughing! It was the most amazing moment seeing my shy girl let loose with the chipmunks I had loved as a child!

2. One busy moring at AK, we were in line to get pasteries in Africa. DD7 was standing right next to me and DD4 was holding my hand. All of a sudden, a huge crowd swept by us, and the next thing I know DD7 is gone! DH and I start yelling her name and go in opposite directions looking for her. When we finally found her (3 minutes later, but it felt like an eternity!) she was with a cast member, showing him the paper with our cell numbers that we had given her in case of an emergency like this. Talk about lump in the throat!

1. Wishes, every single time. But the first time we saw it, DD4 really believed all wishes come true. So everytime a single firework arched across the sky she would make wishes. "I wish that my family will always love each other." "I wish that everyone is always happy." "I wish for a baby brother!" I still get all misty eyes when I think about her innocence and belief!

This thread has cost me a lot of tissues!! I agree with Steph-in-ky...I cry while watching the planning DVD's as well! I don't know if I could pick a top 5, but if I did my #1 would be the opening to MK...it ALWAYS seems to be so 'dusty' there, for both DH and myself! Thank goodness for wrap around sunglasses!!:laughing: The kids always make fun of us.

Someone else mentioned how it was the only place they could forget about everything else and enjoy vacation. That's exactly how it is for DH. A lot of people can't understand why we have gone every year for the last 4 years and are going again soon. Are we tired of Disney???? Bite your tongue! I hope we are NEVER too old for or too tired of the Mouse!!

DH and I were 35 when we visited for the first time and we're glad we had the opportunity to take our kids when they were young. I hope THEY never feel too old for Disney. When there was a chance that our trip was going to be cancelled because of work for DH, we were trying to figure out another time to go. DS (13) was willing to give up a lot of his events so that we could go.

We travel a long way from northern Nova Scotia, Canada to get to Disney each year and I wouldn't change a thing...tears and all.:thumbsup2

Jeff's Wife!!

1. walking down main st for the first time of each vacation
2. at american adventure when the 'golden dream' song starts at the end... gets me every time and/or voices of liberty
3. walking into Pirates
4. wishes
5. checking into our hotel :)

Yep I am also teary eyed reading this thread.

5) Driving under the WDW sign for the first time always gets me started.
4) Seeing the castle for the first time.
3) The excited feeling when I am entering the pirates line up and as a pp said the smell that you get instantly when you walk into the ride.
2) Sitting (in any of the parks) with my fiancé and just taking it all in and realizing that we are finally actually there.
1) Wishes!! The whole thing from start to finish.

1. Wishes
2. Pulling up to the WDW sign
3. Having my 6 year old niece thanking me for the Disney trip and telling me it was the best time in her whole life!

Oooh, I've basically teared up at everyone's posts!!

I have some that involve me as an older child and adult, but I cannot wait until I have children and I can see their faces as they experience WDW!!

5 - Fantasmic!

4 - DH's face when he saw the very first attraction, It's Tough to Be A Bug. He's just a huge kid!!!

3 - Watching the Gorillas at AK - looking into their eyes, that close up, there was just something really deep about it, and I'll never forget that.

2 - Wishes on the balcony at California Grill... I teared up when my DH pulled me into his arms, whispered "I love you" and kissed my forehead, with a little girl next to us singing "Wishes!"

1 - There is a picture of my parents, before they got divorced, on our last trip to Disney - they're kissing in front of Tom Sawyer's Island, and that photo brings tears to my eyes every single time I see it (or think about it!). It was only a year before their divorce, but you can see that Disney magic working... :wizard:

1. Wishes
2. From the TTC, looking across the lake at the castle and train station (photo on my wall at work!)
3. Walking through France at Epcot
4. The American Adventure
5. when flying, the Orlando Airport. When driving, generally when we get on 4 in Daytona. It's like you're finally almost there!

This thread has cost me a lot of tissues!! I agree with Steph-in-ky...I cry while watching the planning DVD's as well! I don't know if I could pick a top 5, but if I did my #1 would be the opening to MK...it ALWAYS seems to be so 'dusty' there, for both DH and myself! Thank goodness for wrap around sunglasses!!:laughing: The kids always make fun of us.

Someone else mentioned how it was the only place they could forget about everything else and enjoy vacation. That's exactly how it is for DH. A lot of people can't understand why we have gone every year for the last 4 years and are going again soon. Are we tired of Disney???? Bite your tongue! I hope we are NEVER too old for or too tired of the Mouse!!

DH and I were 35 when we visited for the first time and we're glad we had the opportunity to take our kids when they were young. I hope THEY never feel too old for Disney. When there was a chance that our trip was going to be cancelled because of work for DH, we were trying to figure out another time to go. DS (13) was willing to give up a lot of his events so that we could go.

We travel a long way from northern Nova Scotia, Canada to get to Disney each year and I wouldn't change a thing...tears and all.:thumbsup2

Jeff's Wife!!
Hi you live close to us! Where are you located? We are going on May 6 staying at the CB resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter