• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 5 Lump In Your Throat WDW moments

Woah, some great lists there! Mine are:

5. Watching children interact with the characters, some of them are totally adorable!
4. Meeting Mickey and getting a huge hug from him!
3. Queuing for Splash, my favourite Disney ride!
2. Wishes, I only have to hear 'Starlight, Starbright...' and it's got me!
1. Rounding the corner into Main St. and seeing Cinderella Castle for the 1st time, I get goosebumps and just well up walking towards it.

I have a feeling there'll be a most certain two more on our trip next year and these will be, meeting Tinkerbell & Stitch, who I didn't manage to find on our trip last year and I totally LOVE him! :love: I think I'll freak out when I finally find him and meet him!

1. That feeling you get when you walk down main street.
2. Seeing a child get overwhemed because they are so happy.
3. Knowing that you've booked a trip that your excited for!
4. Riding on your first ride of the trip.
5. Reading other TR's and realizing you miss disneyworld!

Oh gosh these are hard...so my 5 are in no particular order except that maybe #1 for me is:

Seeing Bear in the Big Blue House roll in the parade at HS. Knowing that parade was ending in just a few short weeks, and after that Bear would likely never be seen in the parks again.:sad1: He is a very special character to me, probably the only one I have any real emotion over. I would typically not "get" the character thing as an adult...but seeing Bear proved me wrong, and yes, I cried. So now I would never judge any adult who gets excited or moved about characters. I just wish my Bear would come back. :sad1:

hearing "when you wish upon a star" during the fireworks. That song always makes me weepy...hearing it while staring at the castle and seeing the fireworks is just icing.

that guy who does the voices for the transportation.....hearing him say"you are now approaching the magic kingdom"
and this time I know it will be especially sweet when I hear the monorail voice system saying "we are now approaching Disney's Contemporary resort" because that will be where we get to get off! :yay:

The first time my daughter saw a character...it was Cinderella in the castle. That whole first night was just something I'll always remember. She was just AMAZED. And she lost her shoe going up the stairs in her little Cinderella costume...how fitting.

Seeing my daughter dance with Cinderella, after rejecting the prince's request. :lmao: I did cry while she danced, and Cinderella taught her to curtsy...I cry everytime I watch the video too.

1. Walking into Magic Kingdom that first day and seeing the castle. :wizard: It is normal for me to wipe tears away.

2. My 3 year old son giving Minnie a kiss on her nose at Chef Mickey for the first time.:hug:

3. Wishes

4. Driving on the road, going under the big sign that says Walt Disney World at the entrance. :car: I get emotional!!:cloud9:

5. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Caribean,...brings back childhood memories on the older rides.

Here's my five, in no particular order, from our recent trip:

Pulling through the gates with my DD for the first time ever:

k3tc1y.jpg

Having the forethought to give my daughter my camera to let her capture her view of the castle, the first time she saw it. This moment in her life will be captured on film forever:

xn52za.jpg

Taking an IllumiNations cruise - worth every penny:

3166kgg.jpg

Booking an early CRT breakfast and watching my DD run to the castle while saying COME ON, MY-MOMMY! Princesses won't wait for us, we gotta HURRY!

29w76g8.jpg

And finally ... seeing SpectroMagic with my daughter. I remember the old Main Street Electrical Parades from when I was a kid, and this was seriously my only "MUST DO" the whole trip with her.

33za4hy.jpg

For sure, watching my DD's face as she saw the castle for the first time...she may have been young (almost 3) and may not remember it forever, but *I* will, that's for sure!

I'm a crier anyways - my kid's birthday parties and most recently DS4's first t-ball (how emarassing since my DH is the coach! :rotfl:) - and Disney's no different for me.

I love everyone's lists. It's amazing how so many seem to have similar things - maybe they should install tissue boxes all down Main Street and during Wishes! :rotfl:

So I guess here are mine - in no particular order:
*Wishes - I LOVE it! The first time we saw it (thanks to the DIS), we sat on the bridge and Tink flew over our head. Couldn't have asked for anything more special and fitting for our first trip. I cry every time despite trying to distract myself trying to take pictures!

*My DS2's love for the characters. This past trip in Feb, DS2 almost took off Eeyore's head so he could give him "love":

carterkissingmickey.jpg

carterkisstiger.jpg

carterkisseeyore.jpg

carterexcited.jpg

*First view of the castle - despite what park we go to first, I never really feel like I'm at Disney until seeing that castle!

*My kid's excitement for all things Disney - From characters to attractions to the planning dvd, I'm so happy my family loves all things Disney!! DS2 has the excitement of his first visit every time he watches the dvd and goes to the parks. I pray they never loose that!

*Family Time/Leaving the "Real World" Behind - Disney is literally the only place in the world that I've found that I can walk away from whatever's going on in my life and enjoy my vacation. I enjoy my family, the parks, characters, everything without worrying about what's going on at the office, home, mail, whatever. I never want to loose that feeling while I'm there!

Wow, it's hard to get it down to five things! Disney's special to us - we took our first trip in Feb 2008 and have been four times in a matter of a year with at least two more trips planned for this year. I'm so thankful DH and I can take these trips for our kids!! :goodvibes

Thanks for such a great thread!! It's a tear jerker but reminds me of all the reasons I love Disney!

My lump moments...not in any particular order!

1) Driving under the WDW sign and knowing your are now on property!
2) Putting on the ol' Mickey ears as you are about to go to a park for the day.
3) Wishes
4) Small World....sorry too many childhood memories there
5) Carousel of Progress.....it's the only ride that Walt actually "touched" that is at WDW...so it is where I feel his presence most at WDW. (Disneyland is my old home park, so I think that is why it matters to be in some bizarre way.) So when hearing "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." the lump happens.

Here are mine, in the order that they occur during each trip.

5. Driving under the WDW gate and realizing I'm home :cloud9:
4. Checking in to my resort and getting the first smell of "the Disney smell"
3. MK Welcome Show - I hide my tears with sunglasses too! :cool2:
2. Walking under the archway of the Magic Kingdom train station, reading "Here you leave today and enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" stepping onto Main St USA, turning the corner and seeing the most beautiful sight in the world - Cinderella Castle! :sad1: (happy tears!)
1. Illuminations - About 2/3rds of the way through when the gold "rain" fireworks go off - I cry EVERY time

As I sit here, and have my tears clouding my vision, I can agree with all of your statements..5.I really get a lump in my throat when I leave MK for the last time::sad1:4. I love entering the airport and knowing that I will soon see the "hands". 3. I love the anticipation of the little ones that have never been, including my own. 2. entering the resort and truly knowing that the magic has begun:cool1::yay:1. finally entering MK for the first time and having the castle right in front of me....When I look around, there is so many happy and excited faces.:woohoo:pixiedust:I am anticipating all these reactions when I arrive in August. I am so blest to be able to take my sister's little granddaughter and she has never been and she is so excited...pixiedust:princess:

1) Wishes, without a doubt.

2) Seeing the 'WDW' sign while riding the bus from MCO :cheer2::yay: / Seeing the 'see you again' sign on the way TO MCO :sad1:

3) Festival of the Lion King

4) When they bring the eagle out at the end of the bird show in AK

5) Main Street USA welcome song, the one that has "It's all thru magic, wrapped up in pixie dust, Welcome to a place where dreams come true" That song and that part ALWAYS gets me.

#1 is Wishes! for me too.... even with all the build up of listening to it in the car on a daily basis with the kids, it always delivers. Please don't change it, Disney!!

#2 When my daughter spots a character, points and excitedly says, "Look, mommy and daddy!!!!! Jiminy Cricket!!!" or whoever it is... basically, you have to catch them in the right phase (not scared of characters) and in the right mood to want to go see said character. Last time we went it was Chef Mickey's and every character she spotted for the first time was a shrieking squeal!

#3 is the opening ceremony as well. Any park is good but MK is best. Even the EMH half opening will get me!

#4 Fantasmic, at the beginning! I haven't seen this show in years! My children and husband have never seen it...but I just love that music!

#5 The MK parades...well, maybe not the new one yet :sad2: but Dreams Come True and Spectromagic...

1. Fantasmic
2. View out of resort window (opening the curtains at AKV and seeing the savanna, especially at sunrise) or looking out and seeing the castle and the fireworks at night.
3. Walking up main street to the castle
4. Great CMs and the first “welcome home” of a visit
5. Just watching the kids “take it all in” (I guess that is really #1)

bookwormde

I'm so thankful that I'm not the only one who feels this way! ;)

5. Driving under the sign. I have goosebumps just thinking about it!
4. Seeing the castle from the monorail.
3. Spectromagic music, I even made it my ringtone!
2. Seeing Tink during Wishes.
1. Knowing that you can always begin planning the next trip! :goodvibes

5.Carousel of Progress
4. Beauty and the Beast Show
3. Wishes
2. Fantasmic!
1. Spectromagic Music also!

Mine are:

1: Watching my sons face light up when he saw Cinderella Castle the first time.
2: The parades
3: WISHES.
4: The flight to/from Disney
5: Circle of Life made me bawl my eyes out

For me, I never know if I will get to come back so I tend to tear up at everything!

1. Circle of Life during FotLK
2. Flag retreat at MK
3. Anything patriotic
4. DS3 watching Fantasmic
5. End of the video ("Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company...) on DME back to the airport

I don't think I have 5 but I have 1 very special one.....

The first time we took out youngest DD, she was 6 at the time. We got on the monorail and got to ride with the driver. When we turned that corner and you get the first glimps of the castle. My DD looked and was unimpressed but I cried. I still get teary when I see the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter