• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 5 Lump In Your Throat WDW moments

Hmmm, good question... let me see if I can pinpoint five.
5) Space Mountain queue (I love "Promising Tomorrows")
4) RnRC mid-ride
3) MK Opening ceremony
2) first glimpse of castle on first entance to MK on any given trip
1) Wishes (every single moment of it is a treasure and blessing to me)

I've only been once (next time will be twice) but so far:

5. Baby sitting on Dad's shoulders to watch show in front of the castle
4. Kids running through the fountains at Epcot getting soaking wet
3. First time the kids put on Mickey Mouse ears
2. Toddler throwing her arms around Mickey and not being one bit nervous
1. Watching MK fireworks while riding Dumbo

5. Walking up Main Street towards the castle
4. There is just somthing about walking through World Showcase at night after park closing with almost no people and the music playing and then towards the front past the fountian and the twinkling colors in the sidewalks... don't quite know how else to explain it.
3. Riding the monorail
2. Wishes
1. Sorin' (I actually cried riding with my 4 yr old DD on our last night it was the last ride and most of the time I was just watching her reactions... plus its my fav ride)

5. Walking down Main Street towards to castle... adventure and fun awaits! You know it's going to be a GREAT day today.
4. Racing through an empty Pirates queue, with that smell... you know the one I mean, all misty and damp and cool. You just can't wait to get on the ride, and you're getting closer, and it's going to be awesome!
3. Reading the gravestones outside of Haunted Mansion. It always gives me that "I'm actually here!" choked up feeling.
2. The ride queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... every time I hear the twang of banjo theme music start to play I remember the trip that I took with my Great-granddaddy, and how he sat next to me right up front on my first ever roller coaster ride, so I wouldn't be scared. I was probably seven or eight, and he was 90. :hug: Loved that man!
1. Wishes. What can you say, at the end of a long day at Magic Kingdom, when the fireworks and the music play. I am such a sucker, but I've been Disney-ized, cradle to grave! That lump gets awfully hard to swallow. Not to mention the day is OVER! :sad:

1.Festival of the Lion King show
2. Main Street USA
3.CoP attraction
4.arriving at Orlando International
5.seeing my kid's faces at wdw priceless

1- Wishes (the whole thing!)
2- opening ceremony for MK
3 - walking down Mainstreet and seeing the castle for the first time of the trip
4 -when the lights go out at Fantasmic and the music starts
5 - our first family photo in front of the castle each trip

This whole post is giving me a lump in my throat!:sad1: Anyway...

1. One Man's Dream--I cannot sit down and watch the WD video w/o getting positively misty-eyed.

2. Walking down Main Street USA and seeing Cinderella's Castle!!

3. Getting my pic made with Mickey Mouse!

4. Seeing kids (even those I don't know lol) getting their pics made with any Disney character.

5. Seeing any kind of family moment--I haven't been to DW with my family since 1989. I'm always with friends. I'd love to have my parents with me but they don't wanna go.:sad1:

1. Wishes, every time
2. Philharmagic when Aladdin and Jasmine are riding the carpet and their song is playing...
3. Illuminations, every time with this one too
4. when my kids faces light up
5. when it's time to go home, I'm never ready to leave just yet

1. Magic Kingdom opening ceremony
2. Going down Main Street with the kids for the first time
3. Illuminations
4. Wishes after a long day at the park
5. After the trip is over all the kids asking when can we return :banana:

Reading this thread is a total lump-throat moment for me :grouphug:

5. Soarin. It gets me every time.

4. My husband's face on the Peter pan ride...okay, I'm totally teary-eyed now...:sad1:

3. Waking up and a giraffe is walking by your balcony....unbelievable!

2. My family, walking hand-in-hand, toward the castle...:sad:

1. Wishes....and then waiting and walking quietly out and experiencing the "kiss goodnight". :cloud9:

:goodvibes

1) Walking down Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time
2) Riding your first ride
3) Watching Illuminations
4) Watching Wishes
5) First walkin into the hotel room

1. Walking down Main Street and smelling the sweet smells from the candy store and bakery.

2. Watching family moments.

3. Carousel of Progress.

4. Attempting to be the first riders on Dumbo on our first day at MK.

5. Entering Disney property.

1. Wishes
2. Walking towards the castle for the first time
3. Holding my husbands hand as we walk through Osborne Lights and it starts to snow
4. When we go down the big drop in Splash Mountain
5. Seeing children run to meet their favorite characters

1. That first bit of wishes when the first firework goes up i'm off
2. Seeing the castle for the first time when you are on the monorail
3. The entrance sign because I know I am really there
4. Watching kids reactions when they see the characters
5. Watching my DH face as he watches Phillharmagic

Are we only allowed 5?

5) Illuminations
4) Walking through Port Orleans Riverside to check in
3) Driving through the entrance
2) Walking Down Main Street
1) Wishes

~ Driving under the arch. "We're here, we're really here!" :yay:
~ Stepping foot on Main Street for the 1st time during a trip, coming around the corner by the Emporium...and there it is...the castle!
~ Having dinner together at one of our family fave restaurants at WDW and talking about our day.
~ Watching my teenagers' faces light up, just like they did when they were little, when they see Mickey or when they're watching Festival of the Lion King or Fantasmic! or... - that brings a tear to my eye every time!! :goodvibes

5. The first bit of radio chatter on Kilimanjaro Safaris when you hear the "Tembo 6, Harambe 1." (Call me lame but my wife and I were Safari drivers for a few years and met working there. KSR is very sentimental to me.)

4. When I sit down on the monorail and hear "Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Express Monorail"

3. Getting onto TTA and hearing "Welcome aboard TTA travelers."

2. The end of Fantasmic when Mickey says "Some Imagination huh?"

1. When the narrator blows out the torches to start Illuminations.

1. I gotta agree with the MK Opening Ceremony
2. Watching the castle be lit with Christmas lights
3. The candlelight processional
4. Sounds silly - but seeing the CMs standing along Main Street waving good morning with their Mickey gloves.
5. Hearing my kids say Thank You for taking them to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter