• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 10 CMO finalists announced!

I wish that the end result wasn't a popularity contest. It can be so unfair. The radio DJ can announce to many, many people that he is running for this. Not everyone will have that same opportunity. But, I think all of them are good options. But, I would love to see a DISer win.

I wish that the end result wasn't a popularity contest. It can be so unfair. The radio DJ can announce to many, many people that he is running for this. Not everyone will have that same opportunity. But, I think all of them are good options. But, I would love to see a DISer win.

Well, we've all had the same opportunities to make our case, and this is just the way the contest goes! Disney and CareerBuilder.com know what they want to accomplish and people who are much more intelligent than me decided this was the best approach! So for now, it looks like a lot of this --->:surfweb:

You're welcome for the compliment, by the way!

It would certainly be nice if I could announce to many, many people... but due to contract stipulations (my radio contract), I am not able to. So it's an even playing field. Everyone seems to think I am going on air with this when in fact I am not. I am doing the same as everyone else. Reaching out to friends and family and people I know all over the world, and making new friends. This is an extremely fun and exciting contest and I appreciate all of the support that I do get.

http://www.dreamcmo.com/tripp

Pleased to meet you btw:thumbsup2

Well, we've all had the same opportunities to make our case, and this is just the way the contest goes! Disney and CareerBuilder.com know what they want to accomplish and people who are much more intelligent than me decided this was the best approach! So for now, it looks like a lot of this --->:surfweb:

You're welcome for the compliment, by the way!

So Justin and Tripp,
How many hours are you devoting to this each day?:surfweb:
I would imagine that the next 19 days are going to be very busy for you!

Patrick gets my vote. I think his presentation was perfect!

My second nod would go to Tangela. I think she also made a pretty good and sincere sounding case for herself without sounding like she was addicted to perky pills.

I have listened to Tripp West on Star 94 radio and to be honest, while he is an ok DJ, his use of the phrase "Chief MAGICAL Official" instead of Chief Magic Official just turned me off entirely.

I know... I know... I said it wrong. I didn't even realize it until I had uploaded my video. Don't you think you would have been more perturbed if they let me submit a new video after the fact? I really didn't think I had a chance after I noticed my mistake, and was floored when I made the Top 20, let alone the Top 10. I am extremely humbled and honored to be here. When I had my phone interview they said they weren't so concerned with "Chief Magic Official" as it would most likey just be referred to as "CMO" when all is said and done.

AND, Thanks for listening to my show!

So Justin and Tripp,

I have a great team in place and my wife is voting like crazy... oh wait, my wife just tapped me on the shoulder and wanted me to rearange that last statement:

"MY WIFE is voting like crazy, and I have a great team in place... I have also spent most of today campaigning on-line all over the place. I will be heading to bed soon.

So Justin and Tripp,

Oh... and we will be in Disney World next Saturday through Thursday. If any one is there during that time, I would love to meet you.

It would certainly be nice if I could announce to many, many people... but due to contract stipulations (my radio contract), I am not able to. So it's an even playing field. Everyone seems to think I am going on air with this when in fact I am not. I am doing the same as everyone else. Reaching out to friends and family and people I know all over the world, and making new friends. This is an extremely fun and exciting contest and I appreciate all of the support that I do get.

I stand corrected. I apologize. :flower3: And, I just voted for you to try to make up for it. I really liked your video the first time I saw it with your little girls singing.

I still don't like the voting, though. I just used a bad example.

I wish Disney would NOT make people campaign for votes. Like we don't have enough of that this year!!! I'm just saying ... Disney is my way to escape reality. The Podcast crew is judging the Podcast photo contest, so the "voting irregularities" don't matter there. If only the CMO contest would be decided the same way.

I am *not* slamming the finalists who have (or haven't) posted. I hope the best for y'all. :goodvibes

And isn't this the Podcast Forum? Not to channel Pete.... but still...

Hey, Tripp! With all the times that you've been asked this or had comments on the radio DJ part, do you wish you didn't put this segment in the video? :rotfl2: Well, now you can use it as a bonus -- something to help you stand out!! Just got to explain it to them ... may you can have something to this effect on your comments section? It may help...

anyway, just a thought!

I've been busy voting for my DIS buddies -- Justin, Tripp and Patrick!

I stand corrected. I apologize. :flower3: And, I just voted for you to try to make up for it. I really liked your video the first time I saw it with your little girls singing.

I still don't like the voting, though. I just used a bad example.

Don't worry about it! Everyone seems to think that I am doing the "on-air" thing. I hope I didn't sound too snippy. This combination of lack of sleep and extreme excitement is starting to take it's tole on me... and this whole thing is just getting started. I had to turn everyting off a few minutes ago and run a mile on the treadmill... whew!

Thank you so much for your vote. If you get a chance to throw another one in there, please do.

Hey, Tripp! With all the times that you've been asked this or had comments on the radio DJ part, do you wish you didn't put this segment in the video? :rotfl2: Well, now you can use it as a bonus -- something to help you stand out!! Just got to explain it to them ... may you can have something to this effect on your comments section? It may help...

anyway, just a thought!

I've been busy voting for my DIS buddies -- Justin, Tripp and Patrick!

Thanks Marshay!!!!!!! I guess I could put something in my comments. I'll work on that soon. I'm about to pass out right now. Keep voting!!!!!

I wish Disney would NOT make people campaign for votes. Like we don't have enough of that this year!!! I'm just saying ... Disney is my way to escape reality. The Podcast crew is judging the Podcast photo contest, so the "voting irregularities" don't matter there. If only the CMO contest would be decided the same way.

I am *not* slamming the finalists who have (or haven't) posted. I hope the best for y'all. :goodvibes

And isn't this the Podcast Forum? Not to channel Pete.... but still...
I don't like the way that there's no limit to the number of times you can vote. That seems a bit ridiculous. Actually, the whole concept of a popularity contest for a position like this, as frivolous as it is, is a little weird. But hey, it's Disney's baby. They can do what they want.

To address the point you make about whether it belongs here...well, did the Squad did discuss it on one of their podcasts?

Don't worry about it! Everyone seems to think that I am doing the "on-air" thing. I hope I didn't sound too snippy. This combination of lack of sleep and extreme excitement is starting to take it's tole on me... and this whole thing is just getting started. I had to turn everyting off a few minutes ago and run a mile on the treadmill... whew!

Thank you so much for your vote. If you get a chance to throw another one in there, please do.

I'm sure it's hard being judged, and I'm sure the pressure is getting to you. I meant absolutely no offense to you, but rather the whole voting process. I didn't realize you were a DISer so I thought my example was safe. I think at this point it should be based on your skill and talent, not your ability to find people who don't have anything better to do than vote all day long. I'm available for a small fee :) Just kidding.

Anyway, relax and good luck. You've done a tremendous job to get this far.

I don't like the way that there's no limit to the number of times you can vote. That seems a bit ridiculous. Actually, the whole concept of a popularity contest for a position like this, as frivolous as it is, is a little weird. But hey, it's Disney's baby. They can do what they want.

To address the point you make about whether it belongs here...well, did the Squad did discuss it on one of their podcasts?

OK, yes... they did. I just felt that something I hold dear was in danger of being cheapened. I don't want this Podcast board... let alone this forum.. to turn into a shill-fest or a forum of self-promotion.

AGAIN - I AM *NOT* INTENDING TO SLAM THE CONTESTANTS WHO HAVE/HAVE NOT POSTED!

What is CMO?

Disney CMO contest top 10
Mar 2, 2008

Disney's search for a CMO (Chief Magic Official) is down to 10 contestants.

Voting continues at http://www.dreamcmo.com/. Once the field is narrowed down to 3 finalists, they'll be flown to a Disney theme park where they'll compete against one another. The contest will be taped and a final round of online votes will determine the winner.

Disney's Chief Magic Official will serve as a goodwill ambassador at the Disney theme parks for the following year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter