Too bad the fireworks receptions are horrible now.

Spencerfamilynj

Mouseketeer
Our first trip back to the parks since 2019. Wanted to celebrate by purchasing tickets to the fireworks reception at about $115.00 per person. Showed up early as suggested only to find our seats were in the back and "were assigned ahead of time." Got no explanation why and why we couldn't move up. The viewing sucked since they have moved the tables back since re it had rained earlier but not in the forecast for the remainder of the evening.

Time for show, I moved up to the railing and then found that the sound was abysmal. Couldn't hear the music or any dialog. I maybe can excuse the lousy seats but why can't they provide some decent speakers? We spend over $450 for the four of us in our party. I knew we wouldn't see all the projections, etc., but thought at least we could hear the music.

Definitely not worth the money. This wasn't our first time buying tickets there but will most certainly be the last. Felt ripped off.

I hope you will share this with Guest Relations. There have been SO many cuts in quality and services in the past few years; and the cost of a Disney vacation is higher than ever. I believe they need to hear from us. Otherwise they have no incentive to "do better".

I hope you will share this with Guest Relations. There have been SO many cuts in quality and services in the past few years; and the cost of a Disney vacation is higher than ever. I believe they need to hear from us. Otherwise they have no incentive to "do better".
Yup

Our first trip back to the parks since 2019. Wanted to celebrate by purchasing tickets to the fireworks reception at about $115.00 per person. Showed up early as suggested only to find our seats were in the back and "were assigned ahead of time." Got no explanation why and why we couldn't move up. The viewing sucked since they have moved the tables back since re it had rained earlier but not in the forecast for the remainder of the evening.

Time for show, I moved up to the railing and then found that the sound was abysmal. Couldn't hear the music or any dialog. I maybe can excuse the lousy seats but why can't they provide some decent speakers? We spend over $450 for the four of us in our party. I knew we wouldn't see all the projections, etc., but thought at least we could hear the music.

Definitely not worth the money. This wasn't our first time buying tickets there but will most certainly be the last. Felt ripped off.

They have been doing this for many years. We went in 2015 (my DD was in DCP so I took her) and we were first in line. We still were sat towards the back. They said that is how they do it, they assign in order of when you booked and based on party size. This is something I think is standard for things like this, Hoop Dee Doo etc. I'm surprised you could move to the railing, I've heard from others that they were told to stay in their seats.

I do agree with you that the event has gotten more expensive with less food offerings and if you had bad audio that is a problem as well. We went about 4 years ago to the Garden party and I said then never again. We loved the garden view but felt the food offering was no where near what we had previously.

Def share your comments with WDW, they need to hear where they are dropping the ball.

Last edited:

I would never choose Treats and Seats because of the inconsistent views, but I did always love the plaza garden viewing. Enough that we have done it 4-5 times over the years, including once post-Covid. (And other parks' dessert parties -- we are suckers for them!)

But I agree with you about the food being a downgrade since reopening. The only savory offerings are processed cheese cubes and some stale crackers, compared to cheeseburger eggrolls and several other choices in the past. No ice cream sundae station, no decorate your own cookies, and some of the choices have more gelatin than quality ingredients. Did we enjoy the wine and some of the choices? Why yes, we did. But the quality and selection has gone down significantly. I did write them after our experience, and never did hear back.

My family did the desert after show party in late May. While the viewing spot was great for our first fireworks show since 2019, the food and drinks were meh. There were a few items that were decent, but the wine choices were not good and the non-alcoholic drinks were just ok, not great. You are paying for a viewing spot, not the food and drink for sure. Most of the desserts were grocery store bakery quality, if that, and not Disney quality. I won't be doing it again. Very sad about this as the last dessert/food viewing party we did was the Frozen Every After one in Epcot in Dec. 2019 - that one was Epic. The food was exceptional, plentiful and amazing. They had lots of sweet and some savory dishes. That is what all of them should be - what they have now - cheap and tawdry overall. Not worth the money unless you want/need the decent fireworks viewing in the Plaza garden area. And then understand you are paying for a viewing spot, that will be shared with the pre and after show group both.

I keep debating keeping or cancelling our dessert party for November (garden view, not treats and seats) and this is now having me lean toward canceling. Heh...
We may cancel our dessert party (garden view, after-fireworks party) for December as well. I've heard/read party reviews similar to this one ever since they stopped serving savory items and the higher quality dessert items (egg rolls, macarons, ooey gooey toffee cake, ice cream bar) . We did the garden view before-fireworks party in 11/2018 -- we all thought it was wonderful and vowed that the only way we'd ever again watch regular MK fireworks during party season was via a dessert party. This year, we may be eating those words instead of the sub-par desserts. We need to decide if the view + included alcohol are enough to tip the scale for us. If we don't do the party, I'll be skipping the fireworks or watching them from behind the castle (not sure if my family will join me or not!).

This is the thing more than anything else that gets to me regarding price/quality.

The party at MK was $21.95 per person on our trip in 2011 or 2013 (I forget which). And the desserts were good.
This exactly. I did it several times at the original prices. Was barely worth it when they upped it to around $50. I did it once with the garden view before they jacked the prices up to cover the cost of alcohol and said never again. The time we had seats I don't remember if we were in front or one row back but from the very start of the event a family camped out at the railing the entire time obstucting our view. What is the point of having tables & chairs if they are going to allow anyone to stand at the railing obstructing the view of others who can't or don't want to stand?
Have to agree with others that the Frozen in Epcot one was always the best. I fear if they ever bring it back they will totally ruin it like they did with the Star Wars one which originally was my second favorite. I get why they moved that one indoors but it definitely lost a lot of the wow factor for me once they did that. They should have just set it up like Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam.

Can you still watch in the garden area in front of Casey's (for free) or is that no longer open?

We did the Star Wars dessert party in 2018 and my 18-yo son and I were seated with another couple - a mom and her…highly active child. I asked if we could have one of the two-person tables that were unoccupied when we anrrived and were told no. As far as we could tell, no other table had two unrelated groups together. The child proceeded to take over our entire table with toys and plates and his arms. The table was pretty much divided ¾ them and ¼ us; it was actually quite humorous (while still being annoying). We ended up standing and wandering most of the night and talking to a CM who did apologize. I wrote to GS about how this was a gift for my son’s HS graduation (true) and mention the CMs name (whether that helped or not, I don’t know), and I did receive a gift card for the cost as well as an email saying it’s not normal practice to be seated with another party. Even so, we didn’t enjoy the food; we didn’t think the standing area for the fireworks was anything special, and I don’t think we’d do a dessert party again.

I keep debating keeping or cancelling our dessert party for November (garden view, not treats and seats) and this is now having me lean toward canceling. Heh...
I think it depends on why you're booking it. The garden view seats are prime real estate, and you get to roll in 15 minutes before the show starts rather than an hour. The assigned seating at the dessert portion also doesn't really matter since you're not watching the show.

We did the seated fireworks view in the pre-Covid days and found the food very lacking as was the organization for getting seated. Wouldn’t do it again.

They also don't guarantee the fireworks, and it's rain or shine. Three years ago I booked the garden view party in December and canceled it two weeks before due to rain in the forecast, even though I know Florida weather changes a lot at the last minute. Well it rained, and I watched from afar as the folks who had paid upwards of $100 pp sit on the lawn getting drenched while HOA went on. Instead, we watched what we could from under the balcony of Crystal Palace, where I put the money from the fireworks dessert package towards a character meal (which included a full dessert buffet with a chocolate fondue fountain, I should add), and it was still significantly cheaper PP than the fireworks package.

They said that is how they do it, they assign in order of when you booked and based on party size. This is something I think is standard for things like this, Hoop Dee Doo etc.
Actually, for Hoop Dee Doo you could always choose a certain section of the room when booking, so you didn't have to be stuck in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter