Too bad the fireworks receptions are horrible now.

None of the dessert parties have ever seemed like a good value to me. There are so many other places I would rather spend that money. Nothing about them appeal to me - primarily because of the ridiculous price tags on them. Yet somehow these things sell out. It's so crazy to me.

It's like when people talk about how awful the character buffet food is, and someone always says "but you're not going for the food". Ok - but for that much money, shouldn't the food be good too?

None of the dessert parties have ever seemed like a good value to me. There are so many other places I would rather spend that money. Nothing about them appeal to me - primarily because of the ridiculous price tags on them. Yet somehow these things sell out. It's so crazy to me.

It's like when people talk about how awful the character buffet food is, and someone always says "but you're not going for the food". Ok - but for that much money, shouldn't the food be good too?

Its worth it to us to not have to grab a spot 2+ hours before the show begins. The deserts(and recently the alcohol they added) are just a nice plus. We certainly don't do it every trip though.

And the plaza spot is just about as perfectly lined up as you can be, view wise and with no sweaty strangers crowding all around you!

Ok. But, I never said anything about the price.
My comment was that the viewing location hasn't changed. It's the same as it's been since it started. The person I quoted specifically said

So that's what I was addressing.
That and deteriorated or changed, is a matter of perspective. The desserts have been pretty much the same since the beginning and since we felt the savory options were awful the loss of them was no loss. So even that wasn't really a difference. Heck, I like there's fresh fruit now.
But price, don't think you'll find a word in my post about price. I'm positive you won't. I didn't address it so not sure what you quoted me for
Not personal. Not at all. Being that threads can get long and people can miss some comments, I quoted your post so what I was saying was just related to changes. I know you weren’t talking about price. Just other changes. I am mentioning the price as an addition to some of the changes. I would in no way be referencing anyones input in a negative way, we all have points of view and a right to them. It’s just a comment from my perspective based on the comments about change.

Have a good day!
Dee

We did one of these in what would have been 2015 or 2016? They had just started including alcohol in the Epcot dessert packages… it was well under $100 per person then. It was a one and done thing for us, and that time we only had one kid under the age of three. It always surprises me how quickly they sell out at these price points for what you receive… but, I can also understand the wanting to experience it once. We wanted to.

I wonder how many people are repeat dessert party customers?

Its worth it to us to not have to grab a spot 2+ hours before the show begins. The deserts(and recently the alcohol they added) are just a nice plus. We certainly don't do it every trip though.

And the plaza spot is just about as perfectly lined up as you can be, view wise and with no sweaty strangers crowding all around you!

I've heard this argument, but we never arrived more than 10-15 minutes before the fireworks. Admittedly this was 5 and 7 years ago and we were going at very low season, so maybe it's just a different world. I guess if you are talking about saving 2 hours, and vacation time is very valuable, it would make sense to some.

I've only done two fireworks dessert parties. The first was the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party in front of the Chinese theater which was amazing. Great atmosphere, good food, pictures with Santa Goofy. Loved it. The second was the Star Wars dessert party (inside Launch Bay and then led out to view show). Meh. I wasn't as thrilled with that one. I like Star Wars, but I guess I like Christmas better, LOL.

I always wanted to do the Frozen one at Epcot but never did. We DID do the Rose & Crown IllumiNations dining package once though, and we had a delicious meal and an absolutely perfect view of the show.

We have yet to do an MK dessert party. I've been contemplating it for our Christmas trip, but that is SO much money. I'm also not all that knocked out by Enchantment...at least based on the Youtubes of it.

It's these dang projection shows. They're cool and all, but I prefer the bigger fireworks shows. Like the old Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular. *That* was a heck of a fireworks show!

That and deteriorated or changed, is a matter of perspective. The desserts have been pretty much the same since the beginning and since we felt the savory options were awful the loss of them was no loss. So even that wasn't really a difference. Heck, I like there's fresh fruit now.
But price, don't think you'll find a word in my post about price. I'm positive you won't. I didn't address it so not sure what you quoted me for
That's great you hated the savory offerings, but it's pretty clear you are in the minority. And the lower quality of the dessert offerings is not really debatable either if you are trying to be objective in any way. To pretend these things do no matter when trying to help others is not helpful at all.

Some people love microwave pizza. Which is fine. That's a matter of personal taste. But claiming it is equal in quality to a fresh pizzeria quality pizza is not going to help anyone else make an informed decision.

It can still be worth the price depending on your perspective. But it is of no help to anyone to not acknowledge the changes.

That's great you hated the savory offerings, but it's pretty clear you are in the minority. And the lower quality of the dessert offerings is not really debatable either if you are trying to be objective in any way. To pretend these things do no matter when trying to help others is not helpful at all.

Some people love microwave pizza. Which is fine. That's a matter of personal taste. But claiming it is equal in quality to a fresh pizzeria quality pizza is not going to help anyone else make an informed decision.

It can still be worth the price depending on your perspective. But it is of no help to anyone to not acknowledge the changes.
I never said a single word about the price. Claiming I did when I didn't is not helpful to others. It puts words in my post that I never put in and changes the point of the post.
Someone said the location was worse than it used to be.
I only pointed out that it was the same location it always was so how could it be worse?

We'll leave it at you are wrong about the food but please, quit with the price. Because I never brought up a thing about what it was worth, or not worth.

Last edited:
I agree the selection on food had dropped dramatically, but for us, it was never about the food anyway. We're paying a really high price not to eat up 2 hours holding a decent spot only to be run over by last minute people pushing in. Being in that mass of people is miserable to me and I'd buy reserved seating no matter what food they serve. The terrace view has always been bad, no surprise there.

The upside to the really, really bad show now is I don't feel the need to watch it so we didn't buy last time. I remember back when the garden area was a FP+ selection- no charge at all. I wish they'd just sell seating, forget the desserts or do like they used to with Fantasmic and just have a pre-packaged dessert deal. But in the end, if it's show we want to see, we'll buy what's offered.

. Like the old Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular. *That* was a heck of a fireworks show!
That was THE BEST fireworks show. I think it had a very short runtime (the old show, the one with more fireworks) since we go every year and we only got to see it once.

We ended up canceling for next month. We decided the food offering was not worth the price tag.
We cancelled too. I brought up the price to DD16 and she said I was crazy and to cancel. She started working this summer and looks at money a bit differently. lol I also wanted to cancel 1-2 ADRs due to all of the price increases announced last week.

Thing is my daughter is only 5'0" and watching the show can be a major pain for her. We will do our best. I've been reading up on threads on good places to watch for free.

I never said a single word about the price. Claiming I did when I didn't is not helpful to others. It puts words in my post that I never put in and changes the point of the post.
Someone said the location was worse than it used to be.
I only pointed out that it was the same location it always was so how could it be worse?

We'll leave it at you are wrong about the food but please, quit with the price. Because I never brought up a thing about what it was worth, or not worth.
I actually said nothing about the price going up, only that the quality went down. I then said it could still be worth the price depending on your perspective.

But not a single word about the price going up, and certainly nothing about YOU talking about the price.

We all know the reality regarding the food, so yes, we can leave it at that.

We ended up canceling for next month. We decided the food offering was not worth the price tag.
We cancelled too. I brought up the price to DD16 and she said I was crazy and to cancel. She started working this summer and looks at money a bit differently. lol I also wanted to cancel 1-2 ADRs due to all of the price increases announced last week.

Thing is my daughter is only 5'0" and watching the show can be a major pain for her. We will do our best. I've been reading up on threads on good places to watch for free.

I think if you are ok with either waiting in the crowd or finding other places to watch, then this make sense. Nobody can really say the food/drinks is worth anything close to the price tag.

I agree the selection on food had dropped dramatically, but for us, it was never about the food anyway. We're paying a really high price not to eat up 2 hours holding a decent spot only to be run over by last minute people pushing in. Being in that mass of people is miserable to me and I'd buy reserved seating no matter what food they serve. The terrace view has always been bad, no surprise there.

The upside to the really, really bad show now is I don't feel the need to watch it so we didn't buy last time. I remember back when the garden area was a FP+ selection- no charge at all. I wish they'd just sell seating, forget the desserts or do like they used to with Fantasmic and just have a pre-packaged dessert deal. But in the end, if it's show we want to see, we'll buy what's offered.
Here's my question. Why would anyone wait two hours for a fireworks spot if they know everyone isn't going to wait that long, and people are going to come and crowd in at the end?

I've always wondered about this. (BTW, not judgy at all - vacation choices are wholly independent and I make mine and you make yours - but I'm honestly curious.)

It would be cheaper to rent a locker and bring in one of those one step folding step stools that you can buy at 5 Below.

We are planning to cancel a few ADR's too - narrowing everything down this week - 26 day to go for us. Ack! My Mom is the same height as your daughter (I'm 5'2", she's 5') so we will be doing the same - scouting out places to watch for free! lol.

Back when they were closer to $75 with tax they were a splurge for us but felt worth it.

We even liked the Illuminations one enough to do it twice. Both times we got a spectacular view at our table next to the lagoon railing. They had a decent spread of desserts, fresh fruits, build your own nachos and sundaes, hot and cold drinks, beer and wine. Was not crowded at all and CMs very welcoming and helpful the whole time. They’d even bring a box to take a few items, so that’d be our breakfast the next day.

But now with the price jacked up and some parties being overcrowded, there is always other stuff I’d rather spend that money on.

Here's my question. Why would anyone wait two hours for a fireworks spot if they know everyone isn't going to wait that long, and people are going to come and crowd in at the end?

I've always wondered about this. (BTW, not judgy at all - vacation choices are wholly independent and I make mine and you make yours - but I'm honestly curious.)

Because they're willing to literally fight for their territory. I am not. Other than that, it's a mystery to me why anyone would stand in that mass of people regardless. When we actually wanted to see fireworks, it was the dessert buffet or we didn't watch. We used to park and stake out spots, but conditions just got progressively worse and people got nastier and pushier over the years. The final straw was when my daughter got her foot tore up by a woman on a scooter who was mad that we wouldn't step back and let her in front of us. She literally just drove over my daughters foot. She did an number on it and it impacted the rest of our trip- we had to get a scooter ourselves for her. I decided then, never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter