Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace

Yes, that’s exactly what was served. It’s definitely school cafeteria quality. I’m shocked that IGer loved it. Different strokes for different folks for sure.

Themagicalmillenial on IG posted about her experience there last night. Here’s her pic of the food: 🤢🤢

She also posted that they were able to now eat/lounge inside the Star View Station (ummm, wut😒). Definitely won’t be booking this again until food options improve.
Is that a Dove chocolate in the middle?! It looks so random. Like someone haphazardly threw a bunch of snacks together.

She also shared that they added speakers so you can now hear the show.
I don’t think that’s new, they’ve had music piped in since we’ve been going there in late 2022 or early 2023.

Unless the music is piped in to the DVC area inside which was previously off-limits, then that is definitely new.

I don’t think that’s new, they’ve had music piped in since we’ve been going there in late 2022 or early 2023.

Unless the music is piped in to the DVC area inside which was previously off-limits, then that is definitely new.
Maybe. I've never done Skyline Terrace, but she commented in her IG story that the speakers were new. I thought that previously, one of the negatives about watching fireworks from Skyline Terrace was that you didn't get to hear the show. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

They’ve had speakers playing the music for quite awhile now, she’s misspoken in her IG post unless she means indoors.

They’ve had speakers playing the music for quite awhile now, she’s misspoken in her IG post unless she means indoors.
They’ve always had speakers, as far as I know. We did it when it was a much more premium experience with character visits and games you could play while relaxing, and they definitely had the music playing over the speakers there.

They’ve always had speakers, as far as I know. We did it when it was a much more premium experience with character visits and games you could play while relaxing, and they definitely had the music playing over the speakers there.
Maybe I'm thinking that there are no projections in that area. Either way, Megan posted that the speakers were new.

Such a strange assortment of items! I guess vegetarians now have to get allergy meals? I thought the previous options were pretty bad for my family (two celiacs and one vegetarian), but yikes. I cannot imagine trying to sell the average kid on Waldorf salad. I guess they are trying to make it seem higher-value than putting a garden salad and plain cheese on there.

Every time I read about a new or revised meal-included event at DL, I can't help but remember how much better these things used to be. (The Aladdin's Oasis Paint the Night package was way cheaper than that, multiple options with hot food, and they absolutely carted orders over from a kitchen elsewhere.)

Aside from the food is the experience worth it? It's pretty pricey for our party of 5, its already booked but Im having 2nd guesses. (3 in our 5 will need a vegan option)

We enjoyed the experience, it was worth it for us. the food was previously ok, but we enjoyed it and the kids enjoyed their kids meals and free sipper cups. But with the dining change we won’t be returning. We’ll have to figure out something else for fireworks.

Aside from the food is the experience worth it? It's pretty pricey for our party of 5, its already booked but Im having 2nd guesses. (3 in our 5 will need a vegan option)

I've never done it so I really can't give it a review personally. However, I have warned people that they really need to think about the most important thing and that's, "If fireworks get cancelled, would it still be worth it?"

The answer is surely different depending on the person, but it's something to think about.

I guess if you want to pay for a place to hang out that has fun views of the Park from that angle, it might be worth it to you. Don’t pay for it thinking that you’ll have some amazing view of the fireworks. You won’t. And, you’ll miss the projections.

When Disney first launched this experience, both Mickey and Minnie came out together to visit us at the Lounge. THAT was worth it, we got pics with the couple and the nighttime Tomorrowland background.

I personally think there are better ways to spend your time & money within the Parks.

Since the fireworks were cancelled during our experience, it was definitely NOT worth it. However, if you consider paying $$ for a place to rest in Tomorrowland a perk, then maybe? But the cost is equivalent to 4 individual paid lightning lanes per person. I think we would have had a better time going back on Radiator Springs Racers or Rise of the Resistance. Or having a nice dinner at Blue Bayou or Lamplight. Not having a decent meal was a real bummer, and really detracted from the experience. Also, because the food and drinks are now at the same counter, we waited a long time anytime we wanted to get a beverage too. Hopefully they change things back or work out the kinks. I feel like we were the guinea pigs.

Yikes! I booked this for our upcoming trip, after reading about it here, and seeing that sad meal on Instagram, I just canceled. I know Disney's main business model is to grab at our pockets non stop, but this is going too far.

I did this within the first year they started doing this.

So we got the "better" meal, the games, Mickey and Minnie coming out, the music during the fireworks, and the fireworks themselves...

I still don't think it was worth it (or at least not something I would do again), mainly because the view of the fireworks was so off center and their are no projections. At least in the Fantasmic location they have projections (and that's "free")

It wasn't great having to pick up the meal at galactic grill, and bring it up to the location, but I'd take that over the food shown that is now given.

Even Galaxy's Edge has a better view of the fireworks (although without music I think).

All that being said, if all you are looking for is a place to unwind at night with reserved seating, I can see why there is still some demand for this.

I did this within the first year they started doing this.

So we got the "better" meal, the games, Mickey and Minnie coming out, the music during the fireworks, and the fireworks themselves...

I still don't think it was worth it (or at least not something I would do again), mainly because the view of the fireworks was so off center and their are no projections. At least in the Fantasmic location they have projections (and that's "free")

It wasn't great having to pick up the meal at galactic grill, and bring it up to the location, but I'd take that over the food shown that is now given.

Even Galaxy's Edge has a better view of the fireworks (although without music I think).

All that being said, if all you are looking for is a place to unwind at night with reserved seating, I can see why there is still some demand for this.
I think the demand might be simply uninformed. If you knew what that $90pp got you, this would go the way of the StarCruiser

I think the demand might be simply uninformed. If you knew what that $90pp got you, this would go the way of the StarCruiser

I mean, yes, though it is actually $70 and not $90. However, when the description looks like this:

Rise to New Heights with a Dinner Package and View​

Elevate your evening when you visit the Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace. It’s the perfect location for hanging out, enjoying tasty food and drinks, and taking in breathtaking views—including dazzling fireworks when on display. Choose to stay for the entire evening or come and go as you please from 6:30 PM until 10:00 PM. Each person in your party must purchase a dinner package to enter and will receive a themed credential with a lanyard as a souvenir.

The average parkgoer who doesn't visit forums/reddit/social media might be like, "SOUNDS AMAZING!" Until they get there and realize... it's not.

The reviews at one point were much better, but the way it sounds now would be a big no at $70 or 90$ or really any price. I'll just grab a corndog and watch from anywhere else. Save myself 60 bucks automatically. LOL.

It is sort of the DLR way to have some packages that are well-reviewed and mostly recommended (WOC Dessert Party) and then whatever this mess is. No consistency at all in the quality of their varying packaged offerings, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter