Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace

A friend did it last night and fireworks were cancelled.

They were with a big group and liked having a spot to relax, but obviously there’s not a lot of value there if the fireworks don’t happen.

They also described the food as “weird” but enjoyed the unlimited drinks, esp hot chocolate.

A friend did it last night and fireworks were cancelled.

They were with a big group and liked having a spot to relax, but obviously there’s not a lot of value there if the fireworks don’t happen.

They also described the food as “weird” but enjoyed the unlimited drinks, esp hot chocolate.
Thanks for sharing. I'm curious, why were fireworks cancelled last night?

My experience there was a while ago when it first started. It was a fun one-and-done for us. It was cool to be up on the terrace with friends, but the food/drink was certainly not what you pay for and there's not a great view of the fireworks.

We just went last weekend on Saturday. Fireworks cancelled despite us not seeing windy conditions, but I understand it's higher up (and Fireworks were on the day before and after... just our luck). However, they changed the food for 2024. It's no longer several choices at Galactic Grill. They have a cold lunch box where you get your drinks with a spicy sandwich, waldorf salad, 2 twinkie/ding dong like desserts, and ritz crackers and cheese/bacon-ish dip. Allergy meal was a fruit salad and some allergen desserts, but it was all allergen-friendly. No gluten free or nut free specific options, it was one meal for ALL allergens. Lines were loooong to get food and drinks. And the food was not good - cold lunch box type food that kids couldn't/wouldn't eat most of it. I would not recommend going unless they change the food options back to warm food or at least offer variety/options.

That sucks! We were there back in Jan and it was still a (limited) menu of hot items that you picked up at Galactic Grill.

That sucks! We were there back in Jan and it was still a (limited) menu of hot items that you picked up at Galactic Grill.
Yeah, I asked them what happened to the galactic grill meals, and they said they recently changed it based on guest feedback. I have no idea what feedback they are referring to, but this change is definitely a downgrade. They also don’t have the staff to handle both drinks and food, so it just wasn’t a great experience.

I’ve never been able to buy this package. The whole, no refunds if the show is cancelled, is ridiculous. I understand you would have been given your food prior to the determination of fireworks, but they need to find a workaround for that.
That would be a slippery slope though. Fantasmic has been cancelled in the past with no refunds given. I don't know how they would manage paying out $90/pp for the Blue Bayou lunch special when the service was still provided (lunch or dinner). It's just the risk of booking a package for a live show, even though it is a huge bummer. They can't even really give a return for the next night, because then the viewing areas would be overly crowded.

I'm glad that we did this when we did. We would often do it 2x per trip just because it was a nice reprieve from the crowds for fireworks viewing. They increased the cost but included a souvenir sipper, which were usually $20+ if you had to purchase in the park so it was a good value to us. The food was usually pretty decent as well, we really enjoyed the unlimited drinks.

I wonder what the spicy sandwich is? I assumed chicken but not sure how that would be cold. And only a single allergy-friendly option? Not ideal for the price they are charging.

It appears they are charging the same price from before they added the souvenir sipper during the holidays last year (Halloween/Christmas) but when they still provided hot food.

Last edited:
Also - I can see the "guest feedback" being that people wished the food was in the same location. It was awkward to carry the food and specialty drink back through the crowds, I guess the only way they would be able to have food over in the Skyline Lounge would be to have it cold as there is no kitchen.

I'm glad that we did this when we did. We would often do it 2x per trip just because it was a nice reprieve from the crowds for fireworks viewing. They increased the cost but included a souvenir sipper, which were usually $20+ if you had to purchase in the park so it was a good value to us. The food was usually pretty decent as well, we really enjoyed the unlimited drinks.

I wonder what the spicy sandwich is? I assumed chicken but not sure how that would be cold. And only a single allergy-friendly option? Not ideal for the price they are charging.

It appears they are charging the same price from before they added the souvenir sipper during the holidays last year (Halloween/Christmas) but when they still provided hot food.
Also - I can see the "guest feedback" being that people wished the food was in the same location. It was awkward to carry the food and specialty drink back through the crowds, I guess the only way they would be able to have food over in the Skyline Lounge would be to have it cold as there is no kitchen.
It was a cold cut sandwich (couldn’t tell what the meats were) drowning in a spicy sauce. I think it would have been fine if the sauce was on the side, but there’s no way to remove it as it was all over the meat, cheese, and bread. Even after scraping it off the bread, it was too spicy for the kids. Maybe it’s not too spicy by CA standards?

Just checked the receipt and it was $70/pp, no sipper cup.

Hmm, I guess I can see how carrying trays of food across the park can be annoying. But you think they could accomplish that by taking peoples orders as they checked in, then having cast members get a cart of the food for everyone checking in at 6:30, 6:40, etc since check in times are staggered AND they have everyone’s table numbers. Basically like a quick service where the food gets delivered to your table.

It was a cold cut sandwich (couldn’t tell what the meats were) drowning in a spicy sauce. I think it would have been fine if the sauce was on the side, but there’s no way to remove it as it was all over the meat, cheese, and bread. Even after scraping it off the bread, it was too spicy for the kids. Maybe it’s not too spicy by CA standards?

Just checked the receipt and it was $70/pp, no sipper cup.

Hmm, I guess I can see how carrying trays of food across the park can be annoying. But you think they could accomplish that by taking peoples orders as they checked in, then having cast members get a cart of the food for everyone checking in at 6:30, 6:40, etc since check in times are staggered AND they have everyone’s table numbers. Basically like a quick service where the food gets delivered to your table.
YES! That would make for a better experience, but I have a feeling it has to do with staffing. They don't want to staff it to the point where they could provide this level of service so they give a diminished experience with cold food that does not sound appealing.

That is the price we paid earlier in 2023. I believe it was $65 + tax. We did it in October and NYE for $85 or $90 IIRC then they took it down for several months. We wanted to book it for mid-January and it never became available on the app so asked when we were there for NYE. They told us they were changing things up so to check back in a couple months. I had a feeling they would transition to having the food over there, but wasn't anticipating the change would be like this. Such a bummer because it was one of our favorite things to do during our trips.

Very disappointed as we’d often do this 1-2X every trip, and no kids meal option or souvenir supper? We already cancelled our reservations for this on next months trip. So….where do we register a complaint?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter