Tis the season.....

I went to get my tree on Thur but they said they couldn't deliver it until Tue :sad2: So I promise to post pics as soon as I have finished decorating it. I am a perfectionist so it normally takes me the whole day to get my tree just right :rolleyes:

Look close can you see I have a visitor in my tree.
grey12.jpg

Every year this happens. Wish I had been finished with my decorating and the lights were on. I am sure I will catch him in there again. I will post one when the tree is done and he is in it again. It would make a funny Christmas card.

DSC06479.jpg

DSC06477.jpg

Tammy32 said:
Look close can you see I have a visitor in my tree.
grey12.jpg

Every year this happens. Wish I had been finished with my decorating and the lights were on. I am sure I will catch him in there again. I will post one when the tree is done and he is in it again. It would make a funny Christmas card.

DSC06479.jpg

DSC06477.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: That is hilarious!!!

Slightly OT: We haven't bought our tree yet because we have a 7 month old puppy who is in the chewing stage :( I know we can't get a real one because pine needles are toxic, but does anyone have any suggestions for a fake one and a new puppy? We might just have to skip the tree this year (we'll be out of state for the holiday anyway, but still...I LOVE Christmas decorations!!)

SRUAlmn: i know exactly what you're going through. the year I adopted a wacko dog from the Humane Society is the same year my sister decided to buy a puppy. so we had double trouble when it came to the tree. especially because my sister's dog ate E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. and i mean everything.

but we were determined to make it work. we were ALWAYS a family that bought a fresh, awesome smelling tree. but with the new additions, we knew we couldn't. so my parents got THE BEST fake tree--complete with lights--from QVC. we absolutely love it. and we ordered it on like a monday and had it on wednesday. it was great. we still use it three years later. and to compensate for the loss of the great fresh greens smell, we go buy wreaths and holly and greenery to use to decorate, but we don't have to worry about the tree being eaten alive. which, sadly enough, even though my sister's dog is three now, she still eats every single thing in sight. and i mean everything. :rotfl:

so good luck with your pup! i will be thinking of you! it's SO fun to have a new dog exploring the new smells and decorations of christmas. :teeth:

I worry about the puppy thing, too...I'm SURE Shenzi would try to eat the tree, ornaments, presents...LOL...maybe it's just as well that we won't have a tree!

StephSFL said:

JJ Clemson-I'm finishing up grad school and moving, too! No tree for me either this year! I figure with finishing up school, finding a new place, and getting married I won't have time to enjoy it. Goodluck with your final semester! :wave:

Hey StephSFL :) I am glad to know there is someone out there feeling my pain and experiencing all this wonderful stress :rotfl: Best of luck to you too!

ellej said:
SRUAlmn: i know exactly what you're going through. the year I adopted a wacko dog from the Humane Society is the same year my sister decided to buy a puppy. so we had double trouble when it came to the tree. especially because my sister's dog ate E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. and i mean everything.

but we were determined to make it work. we were ALWAYS a family that bought a fresh, awesome smelling tree. but with the new additions, we knew we couldn't. so my parents got THE BEST fake tree--complete with lights--from QVC. we absolutely love it. and we ordered it on like a monday and had it on wednesday. it was great. we still use it three years later. and to compensate for the loss of the great fresh greens smell, we go buy wreaths and holly and greenery to use to decorate, but we don't have to worry about the tree being eaten alive. which, sadly enough, even though my sister's dog is three now, she still eats every single thing in sight. and i mean everything. :rotfl:

so good luck with your pup! i will be thinking of you! it's SO fun to have a new dog exploring the new smells and decorations of christmas. :teeth:

Thanks! I think she would try to eat a fake one too. She loves electrical things :rolleyes: so the lights and the shiny ornaments would attract her just as much as the pine smell. Plus, she loves nature, so a tree in the living room...PARTY TIME! :rotfl: Not sure what we're going to do just yet :)

SRUAlmn said:
Thanks! I think she would try to eat a fake one too. She loves electrical things :rolleyes: so the lights and the shiny ornaments would attract her just as much as the pine smell. Plus, she loves nature, so a tree in the living room...PARTY TIME! :rotfl: Not sure what we're going to do just yet :)

hahaha! i SO know what you mean. well, if you don't actually think she will eat the tree itself, put it up (a fake one to be safe) and then just don't decorate the bottom braches that she can reach. that's what we did and it really worked. none of the pups really bothered with trying to get to the lights or ornaments. but either way, good luck with that! :teeth:

and can i ask you--what kind of dog is your unbelievably adorable puppy?? :goodvibes

ellej said:
hahaha! i SO know what you mean. well, if you don't actually think she will eat the tree itself, put it up (a fake one to be safe) and then just don't decorate the bottom braches that she can reach. that's what we did and it really worked. none of the pups really bothered with trying to get to the lights or ornaments. but either way, good luck with that! :teeth:

and can i ask you--what kind of dog is your unbelievably adorable puppy?? :goodvibes

Thanks for the idea! I never thought about just stopping the decorations 3/4 of the way down. And thanks for the puppy compliment, she's a cocker spaniel. She's much bigger now, but I just love that picture of her :love:

my two dachshunds that are now just over 1 yr old did good with the tree. We just introduced them to it at a couple months old. They really didnt bother it (I think they were a little intimidated). This year they just go around it as well.

As for my 13yr old cat- haha- we still have problems with her. We do just as ellej said. We dont put ornaments hanging off the bottom, or the row up from that. We leave about 4 or 5 inches off the botton undecorated (or she would have those ornaments off the tree and they would be come play toys in no time). My cat still puts the branches in her mouth and pushes them back out with her paw, but it doesnt mess up the tree- and hey, beggers cant be choosers!

GL SRUAlum

Anymore holiday photos? Trees? Houses? Family photos? Even photos from past Christmas'??

Maggimus said:
Anymore holiday photos? Trees? Houses? Family photos? Even photos from past Christmas'??
I have last x-mas photos! Here is my tree last year! I didn't have a great camera, it was taken with my phone! But, until I find my cord to upload my pics of this year, this will have to do for now!
Xmas_tree2.jpg

Finally I have mastered posting pics!!

Here is my tree!!

tree.jpg

Here is my Mickey Wreath I made myself!

wreath.jpg

And here is TinkBride! (i have never shared a pic of myself!)

me.jpg

Sorry if they are blurry! They were taken with my camera phone! :rotfl:

TinkBride said:
Finally I have mastered posting pics!!

Here is my tree!!

tree.jpg

Here is my Mickey Wreath I made myself!

wreath.jpg

And here is TinkBride! (i have never shared a pic of myself!)

me.jpg

Sorry if they are blurry! They were taken with my camera phone! :rotfl:

that wreath is adorable. i want to try that.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

It was easy! I couldn't find mini wreaths to do the ears so i bought garland that matched my wreath and made my own ears!

I did four wreaths one for me, my mom, my sis, and my fmil and it only took me about 2 hours!

loving this thread! here are a couple for now, more to come because...I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

our first tree together in our new house yay!
100_2132.jpg

DF and my little sassy putting up ornaments
100_2110.jpg

Okay, here are a couple of pics of my tree! My theme this year is white, purple and silver
Image015.jpg

Image0051.jpg

and as TinkBride has done the same, here is one of me
060810_16211.jpg

one of my DF doing his writer's pose
Untitled-1.jpg

and one of my gorgeous dog Morgan, happy that it's Christmas
Image016.jpg

now you've met the family!

Summer-Caitlin said:
Okay, here are a couple of pics of my tree! My theme this year is white, purple and silver
Image015.jpg

Image0051.jpg

and as TinkBride has done the same, here is one of me
060810_16211.jpg

one of my DF doing his writer's pose
Untitled-1.jpg

and one of my gorgeous dog Morgan, happy that it's Christmas
Image016.jpg

now you've met the family!

Love the pics!

SRUAlmn said:
Thanks for the idea! I never thought about just stopping the decorations 3/4 of the way down. And thanks for the puppy compliment, she's a cocker spaniel. She's much bigger now, but I just love that picture of her :love:

i thought she was a cocker!! that's what my dog is, but she's a buff color. riley could not be any cuter! seriously. :teeth: have fun with her this christmas--whatever you do tree-wise! I LOVE christmas with my crazy girl. she has a nose like you wouldn't believe and can smell new toys from six rooms away. so it's really funny watching her trying to "find" her christmas presents on christmas morning that we wrap and put in with all the rest of the gifts. it's truly hysterical. :rotfl:

JJClemson said:
Hey StephSFL :) I am glad to know there is someone out there feeling my pain and experiencing all this wonderful stress :rotfl: Best of luck to you too!
Thanks hun! I keep using these boards as my study incentive. If I study accounting for an hour, I get to go on the boards for a bit!
Hope you are doing well and aren't too stressed! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter