• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping the airline check in at resort????

We tip. Also we tip the DME driver if He handles our carry on. As well as Bell Service. But I think everyone is aware of tipping Bell Service but maybe not so much for DME or Resort Airline desk luggage handler.

Related questions, as I was unaware this was expected:

1. Is there a way to send a digital tip/adjust room charge?
  2. I only took my checked bag to the resort check in because the Magical Express letter instructed me to. Is it better to take it on the bus myself and check it at the airport with the airline? I'm totally comfortable doing so- I thought this process was to help the drivers.
I don't carry cash, and I'm self-serve whenever possible. Of course I tip at restaurants and when using ride share, etc., but that's all digital with clear expectations. I prefer blunt instructions. If a payment is necessary for this service I'd rather have the option to add it to my bill or send it electronically. If it's not complimentary they shouldn't say it is- just be upfront. I love that I can opt out of mousekeeping. The idea of planning, managing, and carrying cash around is a huge stressor for me and trips are supposed to be mostly relaxing. Really uncomfortable with the practice in general, but always want to do the right thing.
It’s so much easier to take checked luggage to Resort Check in! Why would you want to lug your bags thru MCO and stand in long line to bag check in at the airport? For me no, it’s definitely not better to take bags myself to airport. I love the perk of checking bags at our resort then going to airport we just go directly to security.

I use curbside checkin at my airport and tip $5-10 depending on number of bags. I tip magical express driver because he puts my walker under the bus and gets it out for me (if I didn’t need that then I wouldn’t tip him). I then tip bell services (who hold my carryons if room not ready ) when I get my bags from them. I tip for meals. I skip housekeeping but tip if in room when towels etc are brought. I leave a housekeeping tip at checkout but usually my room is at least as clean as when I arrived. I tip RAC when leaving the resort and the ME driver again when he gets my walker out from under the bus. If we use Lyft uber or Minnie van on the trip I tip them too. That is pretty my Disney trip tips lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter