Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

This race will be my first half marathon and I am wondering......to wear a costume or to not wear a costume? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to buy or create one that is comfortable for the race?

I didn't wear a costume last year, but there were tons of them. I just have a hard enough time running 13.1 miles w/o fancy wings and skirts.
This vendor had an amazing booth at the expo- I bought some awesome tinkberbell leg warmers that said "I can fly" with wings. Their skirts also looked nice and comfortable (you wear them over capris)
http://www.team-sparkle.com/

It was really warm last year.

I am def signing up first thing tomorrow. Last year was awesome!!

These are the leg warmers I bought last year at the Expo:
http://www.team-sparkle.com/shop/i-can-fly-race-legs/

you could add these wings:

then a skirt:

I'm in. This will be my first half marathon, but I'm hoping to find more runs in between to help train, maybe a couple of 5Ks. I will not be wearing a costume, not a chance.

I just checked the Run Disney website and for the Tink 1/2 weekend there will be a Breakfast and Pasta Party!

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast
7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 19, 2013

For a great family experience after the Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, or if you're heading to the runDisney Kids' Races, why not join us for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast? This fun-filled meal will take place with some of your favorite Disney Characters at the Disneyland® Hotel.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast Pricing:

$69.00 for Adults (ages 10 and up)*
$49.00 for Children (ages 3-9)*

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast features:

Continental Breakfast
Disney character meet & greets
Opportunities for photos and autographs with Disney Characters
Breakfast Menu Items to include but not limited to:

Pancake and Waffle Station
Assorted toppings and condiments
Fresh Fruits and Breads
Individual Low-Fat Yogurts
Hot and Cold Beverages
Complimentary Champagne Cocktail (Adults 21+ Only)

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party
Saturday, January 19, 2013
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

As a part of your 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, join us for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party at the Disneyland® Hotel! This event is a great way to relax and be entertained before your big race on Sunday morning. Space is limited, so make your plans soon so you don't miss out on this fun-filled dinner.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Pasta Party Pricing:

$89.00 for Adults (ages 10 and up)*
$69.00 for Children (ages 3-9)*

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Pasta Party features:

Dinner Buffet
Disney character appearances throughout the evening
Opportunities for photos and autographs with Disney Characters
Live DJ
Buffet Menu Items to include but not limited to:

Pastas with Complimenting Sauces
Baby Mixed Greens and Assorted Dressings
Pan Seared Chicken
Seasonal Vegetables
Artisan & Whole Grain Rolls, Sweet Butter
Chef's Selection of Lite Desserts
Fresh Fruit Assortment

I have to say that as much as I loved seeing everyone in their great costumes, being hit in the face multiple times by wings and having to dodge and weave around em was NOT great. Kind of wish they had made it a Wendy and Peter Pan race....then I'd just have to worry about people with swords and books...:laughing:

Yeah, wasn't a big wing fan either. Especially at the beginning when we're trying to space out and when the course narrowed going in and out of the park areas. Love the Wendy and Peter theme. I dressed up as Mr. Smee for the 5k, and I saw these 2 ladies who ran as Peter and the other all in black as his shadow.

Wow, just saw the change to the 5am start...so we're going to have to be in our corracls by 4:30 then? I'm booked at the Hojo's also. How long does it take to walk from Hojo to the start of the race?

It takes 8-10 mins or so to get from Hojos to the entrance of the park and figure another 15 -20 to the start, so if you're going straight to the corral, not doing the bag drop, and want to get to the corrals by 4:30, I would leave no later than 4. But if you're doing the bag drop, a little bit earlier. The staging area is in the parking lot next to Paradise Pier and the start is near the underpass of DTD.

I am also signing up for this race - first half marathon. A bit terrified about running that far! I will have my 5yo and 3 yo with me (well, they will be with my husband while I am at the race) but I am looking at a decent, close by place to stay that offers a separate sleeping area for the kids - like bunk beds or something. Any recommendations?

The Anaheim Hojo has a kids suite w/ a bunk bed area. I'd give them a call to see if it's still available. I think there are a few others, just can't think of them right now, but when I remember I'll let you know.

I'm in for Tink and the 5K again and I will register today. I want to keep my legacy status.

Yeah, wasn't a big wing fan either. Especially at the beginning when we're trying to space out and when the course narrowed going in and out of the park areas. Love the Wendy and Peter theme. I dressed up as Mr. Smee for the 5k, and I saw these 2 ladies who ran as Peter and the other all in black as his shadow.

It takes 8-10 mins or so to get from Hojos to the entrance of the park and figure another 15 -20 to the start, so if you're going straight to the corral, not doing the bag drop, and want to get to the corrals by 4:30, I would leave no later than 4. But if you're doing the bag drop, a little bit earlier. The staging area is in the parking lot next to Paradise Pier and the start is near the underpass of DTD.

The Anaheim Hojo has a kids suite w/ a bunk bed area. I'd give them a call to see if it's still available. I think there are a few others, just can't think of them right now, but when I remember I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info!!!! I'll be registering tonight after work!

$198 later, but I'm regestered for Tink and getting the pin and necklace. :thumbsup2

I'm in. This will be my first half marathon, but I'm hoping to find more runs in between to help train, maybe a couple of 5Ks. I will not be wearing a costume, not a chance.

Disney race are SO much fun! The Disneyland Half in 2010 was my first Half Marathon.

There will be quite a few Diva's around that weekend for you to meet before the trip. :)

I just registered and my young kids will do the kids dash the day before. I will be staying at the Ho Jo. I did see a half marathon rate for the Portofino. How is that compared to the Ho Jo?

I am all signed up for the Half and the 5k. Anyone have any tips on booking a hotel on Disney? I tried calling the # but all i got was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. I am getting worried not having a hotel room yet.

I'm going to sign up for the 5k. Debating if I should sign up for the half.. I really want to but I'm scared I won't be ready.. then again I'm not ready for my first 5k this Saturday and I'm still going :scared1:

I'm signed up for the Half. Did it last year and loved it!!
My 2 kids are signed up for the kids races. We didn't do them last year and i saw pictures and they looked awesome. My kids are going to love them!

We are staying at HoJos in a kids suite. Its a long walk to the start but there are a lot of other walkers around.

Kinda bummed they moved the start up to 5am because running in the dark was awful. the lighting in some areas was poor and it was crowded and i saw some people fall and get hurt. So I'll just have to be careful and slow.

I am all signed up for the Half and the 5k. Anyone have any tips on booking a hotel on Disney? I tried calling the # but all i got was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. I am getting worried not having a hotel room yet.

Last year the website included a list of discounted hotels (both on and offsite). The deals for onsite hotels were decent but sold out quickly. Paradise Pier would be the best location as the start is literally right in front of it.

Well, I hope hope hope I can register as early as next week. My hours are picking up at one of my job's so as long as no hidden expenses pop up by next Friday I should be in the clear. I'll be really bummed if it ended up being harder for me to attend these now that I live down here, lol.

I registered this moring for the half and I may register for the 5K as well but I need to confirm with my friends.

I'm in for Tink and the 5K again and I will register today. I want to keep my legacy status.

Me too! Can't wait for the special lanyard in '16.

They usually update their site the week reg opens or right after. You should be fine getting a room as long as you book sooner rather than later.

Well, I hope hope hope I can register as early as next week. My hours are picking up at one of my job's so as long as no hidden expenses pop up by next Friday I should be in the clear. I'll be really bummed if it ended up being harder for me to attend these now that I live down here, lol.

Yay! You are able to register for the race! Good luck this week w/ all the craziness! I could not believe how many people popped up overnight on Sunday.

Hi!
I registered for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k. I was looking for an excuse to make a trip south....this was a great chance to do so!!

Registered today to do the 5k with my mom (she's a runner, but I sure as heck ain't so we're compromising). :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to doing a girls weekend with her...and running around at 5:45 am with my light-up Tink wings glowing in the pre-dawn darkness (I'll try not to whack anyone :rolleyes1).

Remember, I can run, I can run, I can run. :tink:

Hey, I know I'm late chiming in here, but I think you should totally do it Indygirl! I am running my first half marathon next month, and it has been so fun. Certainly hard at first, but it's amazing how quickly that 4 mile run that killed you a couple of weeks ago suddenly seems pretty easy!
I would recommend finding a 5K or 10K to do first, you should be able to find one in your area over the next few months. I'd give that a try first with a training program, and then you'll know if you want to stick with it for 13.1 miles!
I'm hoping to do the Tink half, but will need to evaluate closer to the race. But I sure hope to see you all there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter