Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

kim3339

DIS Veteran
:tinker:Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend 2014!!! :tink:

January 16-19, 2014

Never Land 5k pirate: ~ January 17th @ 5:45am

Tinker Bell 10K:tink:~ January 18th @ 6am

Kids' Races ~ January 18th
Tinker Bell ½ Marathon:tink:~ January 19th @ 5am

Registration Prices

½ Marathon ~ SOLD OUT!!
$175 until 8/13
$190 from 8/14 to 10/15
$205 after 10/16

Team ½ Marathon ~
$15 per team and after each individual registers for race.

10K ~ Sold Out!!
$95 until 8/13
$110 from 8/14 to 10/15
$125 after 10/16

5k ~ Sold Out!!
$70

Kids Races ~ Sold Out!!
$20

The expo is Thursday, January 16th from 2-7, Friday, January 17th from 11-7 and Saturday, January 18th from 9-5 @ the DL Hotel.

Pasta Party ~ 79% Full
Saturday, Jan 18th 6-8pm.

2013 ½ Marathon Course (But it can change for next year.)

2013 5k Course Map (It could change for next year.)

Here's a link to GetTravel (they offer hotel accommodations and discounted park tix for the race, new info will be up soon.)
Get Travel

So who's in in January?

kim3339(Kim) ~ 5k, 10k & ½
kirstie101 ~ 10k & ½
kirstie101's DD ~ kids races
longhorns2 ~ 5k & ½
kindakrazy2 ~ 10k & ½
Belle Ella ~ 10k & ½
lilybell08 ~ ½
jessicaerv ~ 5k & 10K
FlameGirl ~ ½
indygirl99 ~ ½
BlazerFan ~ ½
Shananana ~ ½
tiggerjay & DW ~ ½
Marlea98 & DD & DS ~ 5k
DharmaLou ~ ½
Msbell1976 ~ 10k & ½
Msbell1976's Mom ~ 5k
Msbell1976's Aunt ~ ½
LuvSulley ~ 5k/10k & ½
zeferjen ~ ½
lisachrystine ~ ½
AZlady & DD ~ 5k, 10k & ½
momto3gr8boys & DW ~ 5k & ½
LWQuestie ~ ½
Disneyluvr81 ~ ½
JDBlair & friend ~ 10k & ½ friend's sister ~ ½
Jeffreelancer, DW & DS ~ 5k, 10k & ½
Mjmdiva ~ ½
sumlee ~ 10k & ½
niclodn ~ 10k & ½
pigletliz ~ 10k & ½
Crazy4Disney06 ~ ½
Davidg83 ~ 10k & ½
DisneyMom70 ~ 10k
Marlea98 & kids ~ 5k
Cryssi ~ ½
S'sMom, DD, Sister & Friend ~ 10k
gaucho2000 ~ ½
littlesparkler ~ ½
littlesparkler's DS ~ kid's races
DisneyMarvelStarWars ~ 5k
Where's My Prince ~ ½
MotoXPrincess99 ~ ½
KrazyKat4DIS ~ ½
JoannaK ~ ½
Summer2022, DH, sister & sister DH ~ ½
magsnemma & 2 sisters ~ ½
magsnemma's DD ~ kid's races
kaddie24 & 3 friends ~ ½
StephNJer ~ 10k
StephNJer's DD ~ kid's races
Cruisindisney ~ ½
Cruisindisney's Friend ~ 5k
tdash ~ ½
NiceOne Simba ~ ½
BayAreaMom ~ 10k & ½
debdreamsofdis ~ 10k
keds ~ 10k
cp11 ~ 10k
AB6876 ~ 10k & ½
FlowersCroon ~ 10k & ½
Run Princess ~ ½
WestCoastMama ~ ½
Shunasee & DBF ~ ½
Viva Las Disney ~ 5k
honeylove ~ ½
Eeyore's Queen & Friend ~ ½
Bursley2010 & DH ~ ½
Mousecrazy & DD ~ ½
AmericanItGirl ~ ½
smhud 10k & ½
BLBCB, DH & DD ~ 10k
Momstable ~ 10k
2tinkerbell ~ ½
zendisney ~ ½
Tinkerboy00 ~ ½

Thanks for posting. I'm up for a repeat Tink!
Right now booked at HoJos, but strongly considering a split stay finishing out onsite.
Loved the BW Stovalls this Jan, but our party of 5 won't work there this time.

You beat me to it, lol. I want to run it again so bad but when you're trying to stretch $25 over 2 weeks it's a pretty good sign you wont be able to afford it. I'm hoping I can make it work somehow before it sells out.

You beat me to it, lol. I want to run it again so bad but when you're trying to stretch $25 over 2 weeks it's a pretty good sign you wont be able to afford it. I'm hoping I can make it work somehow before it sells out.

Sorry! :rotfl: Hopefully it won't sell out for you. I remember last year it was well into the summer before it sold out.

Count me in on the 5k! Deciding if I should bring the family or make it a trip solo!

I know it'll probably get lost of the next couple of weeks w/ all the Cars Land coming out, but I figured w/ registration opening Tuesday people would be poking around. Plus we have 1 for the DL half, and we couldn't leave Tink out. :goodvibes

So who's in in January?

? for you. If someone is a couch potato and about 100 # overweight now is it realistic to set a goal to do this for 2013? Or shoud I set it for a goal for 2014.

I am a nurse and work 12 hr shifts but don't run. I need something to set me on a healthy goal. And I think settling for the 5k would not be enough of a push for me.

So esentially 6 months to get there? Being honest is okay. ;)

? for you. If someone is a couch potato and about 100 # overweight now is it realistic to set a goal to do this for 2013? Or shoud I set it for a goal for 2014.

I am a nurse and work 12 hr shifts but don't run. I need something to set me on a healthy goal. And I think settling for the 5k would not be enough of a push for me.

So esentially 6 months to get there? Being honest is okay. ;)

That's a hard one. There are couch to 5k programs that are 9weeks and you have 7 months to the race. I want to say yes it shouldn't be a problem, but you never know. I would say if you do the '13 race, don't set time goals, look at it as a goal as well as an accomplishment to finish the race.

If I were you, I would look at the C25K programs to see if it's something you can do over the next 2 months and then just keep going w/ training for the 1/2. You should also take a look at training programs for beginners for a 1/2 so you get an idea of the amount of time that you need to put in and whether you think you'll be able to do it w/ your work schedule. Also, if you're not sure, watch the race website. Once registration hits 50%, they'll start posting how full it is and you can gauge whether or not you're ready for the 13 miles.

The race has a 16 min/mile time limit and there are a lot of people who walk the race. And the Disney races are a great place to start b/c everyone is so encouraging while you're running. And the Tink race is geared more towards women so there will be a lot more women than men if that will make you feel more comfortable.

I would say do it, just make sure you don't get in over your head. But then again you might want a 2nd opinion, b/c I doing the Goofy race the weekend before and then going down for Tink, so I might not be the saniest person. :rotfl2:

Hope that helps you a little bit. And if you have any other ?'s, just ask!!:goodvibes

That's a hard one. There are couch to 5k programs that are 9weeks and you have 7 months to the race. I want to say yes it shouldn't be a problem, but you never know. I would say if you do the '13 race, don't set time goals, look at it as a goal as well as an accomplishment to finish the race.

If I were you, I would look at the C25K programs to see if it's something you can do over the next 2 months and then just keep going w/ training for the 1/2. You should also take a look at training programs for beginners for a 1/2 so you get an idea of the amount of time that you need to put in and whether you think you'll be able to do it w/ your work schedule. Also, if you're not sure, watch the race website. Once registration hits 50%, they'll start posting how full it is and you can gauge whether or not you're ready for the 13 miles.

The race has a 16 min/mile time limit and there are a lot of people who walk the race. And the Disney races are a great place to start b/c everyone is so encouraging while you're running. And the Tink race is geared more towards women so there will be a lot more women than men if that will make you feel more comfortable.

I would say do it, just make sure you don't get in over your head. But then again you might want a 2nd opinion, b/c I doing the Goofy race the weekend before and then going down for Tink, so I might not be the saniest person. :rotfl2:

Hope that helps you a little bit. And if you have any other ?'s, just ask!!:goodvibes

Thank you for your encouraging words. If you knew me you would probably put me in the "not the saniest" category also. :rotfl:

I looked at both the C25K and 1/2 marathon training sites and I think this is something that I will be able to do.

The 1/2 marathon site recommends that you be a runner for at least 2 months before training for the 1/2 so doing the C25K would be perfect to get me started.

I had DH look at it and he said he would train with me. :banana: He won't be able to run with me because that is finals weekend for him so I will have to sacrifice and go to DLR by myself. :lmao:

So count me in. :cheer2: The goal is to run AND finish.

Thank you for your encouraging words. If you knew me you would probably put me in the "not the saniest" category also. :rotfl:

I looked at both the C25K and 1/2 marathon training sites and I think this is something that I will be able to do.

The 1/2 marathon site recommends that you be a runner for at least 2 months before training for the 1/2 so doing the C25K would be perfect to get me started.

I had DH look at it and he said he would train with me. :banana: He won't be able to run with me because that is finals weekend for him so I will have to sacrifice and go to DLR by myself. :lmao:

So count me in. :cheer2: The goal is to run AND finish.

:cheer2::cheer2: Yay!! I'm so happy you decided to do it!!:cheer2::cheer2:

You are going to have a lot of fun and really love it. Out of all the races I've done, the Disney ones are my fave. That's good that your husband agreed to train w/ you, it'll give someone to help you along while you're training as well as give encouragement when you need it. As for going by yourself... no big worries, I've done a few disney race trips by myself, and it's not bad at all. There'll be a meet-up on Saturday probably so you can meet everyone that's on the boards and running. And like I said, both the spectators and runners are really encouraging during the runs.

When you start training, make sure that you don't increase your total mileage more than 10%, more could lead to injuries. And if you find that you aren't ready when you want to sign up, there's always the DL 1/2 in Sept and reg opens for that in Jan. But w/ your husband behind you, I really think you'll be able to do Tink. And after running it this year, I kinda like the Tink course better than the DL one~ the non-park part of the course is a little more appealing to the eye. :goodvibes

Congrats on deciding to run it!!

I'm in, CAN'T WAIT. Tink this year was my first half and it was amazing!!!

Run Disney posted new info yesterday... the big changes are the Neverland 5k. So sad it won't be at night!!!! At least the 5k price is more reasonable, I am assuming no twilight ticket.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Sun. Jan 20th 5:00 AM

$150 by July 17, 2012
$165 between July 18 and September 4, 2012
$180 on or after September 5, 2012

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Team Category:

$300 by July 17, 2012
$330 between July 18 and September 4, 2012
$360 on or after September 5, 2012

Never Land Family Fun Run 5K Sat Jan 19th 5:45 AM

$65 per participant

runDisney Kids Races Sat Jan 19th 9:00 AM

Dashes : $20 per child

I'm in, CAN'T WAIT. Tink this year was my first half and it was amazing!!!

Run Disney posted new info yesterday... the big changes are the Neverland 5k. So sad it won't be at night!!!! At least the 5k price is more reasonable, I am assuming no twilight ticket.

Oh my goodness!! Did anyone else notice they changed the start to 5 am!!??

This race will be my first half marathon and I am wondering......to wear a costume or to not wear a costume? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to buy or create one that is comfortable for the race?

:cheer2::cheer2: Yay!! I'm so happy you decided to do it!!:cheer2::cheer2:

You are going to have a lot of fun and really love it. Out of all the races I've done, the Disney ones are my fave. That's good that your husband agreed to train w/ you, it'll give someone to help you along while you're training as well as give encouragement when you need it. As for going by yourself... no big worries, I've done a few disney race trips by myself, and it's not bad at all. There'll be a meet-up on Saturday probably so you can meet everyone that's on the boards and running. And like I said, both the spectators and runners are really encouraging during the runs.

When you start training, make sure that you don't increase your total mileage more than 10%, more could lead to injuries. And if you find that you aren't ready when you want to sign up, there's always the DL 1/2 in Sept and reg opens for that in Jan. But w/ your husband behind you, I really think you'll be able to do Tink. And after running it this year, I kinda like the Tink course better than the DL one~ the non-park part of the course is a little more appealing to the eye. :goodvibes

Congrats on deciding to run it!!

Again thanks for your encouragement. It means more than you may ever know.

I made ressies at Hojo's and got the retro rate. Yippeeeeee. I printed off the C25K training schedule and Monday is day 1. Tuesday I will register and pay for the race. Then I will be in for good and will get to meet some really cool people in Jan. :cheer2:

Again thanks for your encouragement. It means more than you may ever know.

I made ressies at Hojo's and got the retro rate. Yippeeeeee. I printed off the C25K training schedule and Monday is day 1. Tuesday I will register and pay for the race. Then I will be in for good and will get to meet some really cool people in Jan. :cheer2:

YEA for C25K. I swear by the program!! My best friend and I started C25k in March of 2011. Neither of us had ever ran before. We did Tink together in Jan & finished in 2:30. We've each run another half since then, are signed up for the DL 1/2 in Sept. and I'm training for my first full in Oct. It is an amazing program and really works!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I'll change the 1st post when I get home tomorrow night, down here getting my DL on. :cool1: No Cars preview but it's still DL you can't go wrong there. Watched the fireworks from backrow of Thunder, it was AWESOME!! Highly recommend it!

As for costume ideas, a lot of people dress up as Tink, wearing green and wearing wings. I wore a lime green shirt and got Tink Mickey ears and pinned them on top of my running hat.

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I'll change the 1st post when I get home tomorrow night, down here getting my DL on. :cool1: No Cars preview but it's still DL you can't go wrong there. Watched the fireworks from backrow of Thunder, it was AWESOME!! Highly recommend it!

As for costume ideas, a lot of people dress up as Tink, wearing green and wearing wings. I wore a lime green shirt and got Tink Mickey ears and pinned them on top of my running hat.

I have to say that as much as I loved seeing everyone in their great costumes, being hit in the face multiple times by wings and having to dodge and weave around em was NOT great. Kind of wish they had made it a Wendy and Peter Pan race....then I'd just have to worry about people with swords and books...:laughing:

I'm in too! Tink will be my first half and I'm super excited! I started couch 2 5K in March, ran my first 5K on Mothers Day and I'm registered for another one at the end of the month. I'm also registered for a 10K in September which Im just now starting to train for. I think for Tink I'm going to try following Jeff Galloways program once he posts a training schedlue for Tink.

Wow, just saw the change to the 5am start...so we're going to have to be in our corracls by 4:30 then? I'm booked at the Hojo's also. How long does it take to walk from Hojo to the start of the race?

I am also signing up for this race - first half marathon. A bit terrified about running that far! I will have my 5yo and 3 yo with me (well, they will be with my husband while I am at the race) but I am looking at a decent, close by place to stay that offers a separate sleeping area for the kids - like bunk beds or something. Any recommendations?

Hi! 24 more hours till I add another ticker to my signature! I think this race was my favorite ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!