Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

The dress you tried on with the pick-up skirt (pink ribbon) looks a lot like the one I got. Mine also had a pickup skirt and was strapless but formed a little differently on my body (And the skirt was formed a little different).

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2664&prodgroup=127
here it is

I didnt see the model version of the dress that everyone says looks different so ill have to go and check it out.

Personally im not too fond of the first one you showed earlier (the one that you said your face said it all)-- I do like the one with the pink sash though!

Maggie, did you wear a crinoline or anything under your gown?

Maggie, did you wear a crinoline or anything under your gown?

I did wear something that sucked in my stomach and hips and fastened at the back like a bra covering like a bra as well (corset, crinoline, something like that-i forget the name of it but im sure its probobly what you are thinking about). Im afraid im not as skinny as you are so you might not even need one. I did wear it though.

I did wear something that sucked in my stomach and hips and fastened at the back like a bra covering like a bra as well (corset, crinoline, something like that-i forget the name of it but im sure its probobly what you are thinking about). Im afraid im not as skinny as you are so you might not even need one. I did wear it though.

"Skinny" :rotfl:

I was wondering more about if you wore something to poof out your skirt. I thought that was called crinoline, but I'm not good at all this girly stuff so I could be wrong :rolleyes:

"Skinny" :rotfl:

I was wondering more about if you wore something to poof out your skirt. I thought that was called crinoline, but I'm not good at all this girly stuff so I could be wrong :rolleyes:

As you can tell i have no idea what these words mean. Sorry;) . I did wear a slit that was made of that itchy material that people used to wear in the 80's that feels like sandpaper when it rubs your skin. It helped my dress poof out a little bit more, yes. It wasnt a really big one though-- just a standard. The lady at the shop got that and the corset like thing for me at the very beginning before i even tried on dresses. I used it with all the dresses I tried on. It definitely helped with that dress though. You might go and try it on-- its a very pretty dress :)

Erin,

Depending on the level of pouf you want, you might want to get a hoopskirt. I wanted max pouf, so I had a 3-hoop hoopskirt. I bought it off ebay for $20, or something like that. Whether you go with a regular crinoline, or a hoopskirt, make sure that you get one that is lined (ie, has a smooth layer of satin or something between you and the itchy tulle). My hoopskirt had a satin layer, hoop layer, then some tulle layers over the top...I think...lol

Erin,

Depending on the level of pouf you want, you might want to get a hoopskirt. I wanted max pouf, so I had a 3-hoop hoopskirt. I bought it off ebay for $20, or something like that. Whether you go with a regular crinoline, or a hoopskirt, make sure that you get one that is lined (ie, has a smooth layer of satin or something between you and the itchy tulle). My hoopskirt had a satin layer, hoop layer, then some tulle layers over the top...I think...lol

Mine did have this!

gotcha, my bad...:)

No dont say 'my bad':hug: I was just trying to describe what I did have because my mind was going blank and i couldnt think of the names. YOu described what I was trying to say! Thank you Cryssi!

I may be in the minority here but I personally like the one you had already bought....

I used to not be a big fan of the color sashes - but I'm slowly changing my mind, but I do like the first one better:thumbsup2

OK, I'm with MermaidBride - I was just too chicken to admit it. ;)

I love the picture of you in the first dress! I love the tiny waist and big fluffy skirt. However, the second dress is also a great dress, and I like the matching trim on the veil. I just give the edge to Dress #1. :thumbsup2

And if you've already made up your mind, just ignore me...:rolleyes1

As you can tell i have no idea what these words mean. Sorry;) . I did wear a slit that was made of that itchy material that people used to wear in the 80's that feels like sandpaper when it rubs your skin. It helped my dress poof out a little bit more, yes. It wasnt a really big one though-- just a standard. The lady at the shop got that and the corset like thing for me at the very beginning before i even tried on dresses. I used it with all the dresses I tried on. It definitely helped with that dress though. You might go and try it on-- its a very pretty dress :)

That's ok, I don't know what any of them really mean either! DF has told me a couple times to try that dress but I always tell him I can't "because it's Maggie's dress" And then the conversation goes something like this:

DF: Who's Maggie?
Me: From DISboards.
DF: :rolleyes: (except his eyes roll pretty much alllll the way back in his head -- they didn't have a smilie for that, lol)

Erin,

I think a hoppskirt might be a little too much poof for me;) That's sort of what I was trying to get away from (i.e. the ginormous skirt on the first dress I bought), although I do still want some poof so that I still feel sort of princessy.

I may be in the minority here but I personally like the one you had already bought....

I used to not be a big fan of the color sashes - but I'm slowly changing my mind, but I do like the first one better:thumbsup2

You may be in the minority here, but you have lots of company among all the people I know in "real life" -- they're all pushing for the original dress!

OK, I'm with MermaidBride - I was just too chicken to admit it. ;)

I love the picture of you in the first dress! I love the tiny waist and big fluffy skirt. However, the second dress is also a great dress, and I like the matching trim on the veil. I just give the edge to Dress #1. :thumbsup2

And if you've already made up your mind, just ignore me...:rolleyes1

Don't be chicken! Like I said, most of the people here seem to prefer the pink one, but all of my friends and family LOVE the poofy one. The tiny waist and huge fluffy skirt are what drew me to that one in the first place, I'm just having second thoughts now.

I think everyone has different tastes for a reason, and regaurdless of what we might say and think-- you should go with the dress that suits you most! My dress seemed to look totally different on me once i had my hair and makeup done. It looked as good as before-- but way better!! Gl with whatever you decide--:hug:

I went back to DB last weekend and tried on 7 or 8 dresses, but I've narrowed it down to two that are both pretty much the same (the second one has boning in the bodice and a little bow, plus the skirt is a little fuller):

IMG_1987sm.jpg

IMG_2038sm.jpg

I had debated trying the second one on because it's Maggimus' dress and I really wanted something that was my own, but I've realized that that is virtually impossible if I'm buying from DB. Sooo... if I do end up with that one, I'd like to remove the little bow and use a sash instead:

IMG_2035sm.jpg

They didn't have the color pink I wanted, but this gives you an idea of what it would look like (plus the pink trimmed veil in the first pic).

I'll be heading back one final time this Saturday to a different location hoping that they have everything in all the right colors so that I can really see what it would look like and make an informed decision.

Ok, so I ended up buying a completely different new dress. It's an Alfred Angelo and it has some color on it -- which I thought I didn't like but I was wrong -- and I am in love with it. It took forever to find somewhere in Jersey that had one in stock that I could try on, though. I finally found one place and they wanted $925 for it, plus alterations, plus $90 for a bustle. The seamstress whispered to me that I could get it for much cheaper somewhere else :rotfl:

So I called around and found it for $600, free alterations, and a $35 bustle. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and I was told it would come in by July 28th. I was freaking out a little bit because we're leaving August 9th, but lo and behold I got a message from the owner today saying that it had come in and it's beautiful! I have to go on Monday after work for my first fitting. Yay!!

I also started working on the itineraries for our welcome bags, and the programs for the ceremony. The itinerary is done, I just have to translate it into spanish for DF's parents. The programs... not so much. All I have so far is the front cover :rolleyes1

We're going this weekend to get DF sized for his band and then I'll order those. I still need to get my e-ring resized but I'm so paranoid about who I'll entrust it to. I'm so scared of someone messing it up. I've been wearing it with those little plastic things you can buy in the mall to make your ring tighter, but I'm really tired of how tacky it looks. Plus, I don't think my band will sit right with the clunky piece of plastic around my e-ring.

I sent the application for the wedding license by mail last week. I haven't heard anything about them receiving it and I'm wondering if I should call or email them just to check.

I haven't decided yet what I want to do about MOH during the ceremony. Tanis sent me these pictures of the wheelchair ramp that is available:

Pavilion-Ramp2.jpg

Pavilion-Ramp1.jpg

She said that it would have to stay for the entire ceremony, so it's not like we could just use it for MOH. So do I want MOH and DF's best men up with us, or below? I think below they might be too far away, but I'm not sure if I like the ramp. I kind of wanted pictures on the stairs. Maybe that's being selfish, I don't know. Opinions?

I don't think the ramp looks bad at all. I think it's neat how they did it in the same carpeting.

Do you think it would be possible for them to remove the ramp at the end of your ceremony and then you could still take pics with the stairs afterwards?

Do you think it would be possible for them to remove the ramp at the end of your ceremony and then you could still take pics with the stairs afterwards?

I think that's a great idea.. hopefully they can do that! hey, with Disney, usually anything's possible :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great information! I can't wait to read more! :)

I'm really enjoying hearing about all your plans. Being a wedding coordinator myself its so cool hearing about all the plans and TR's from so many Disney brides.

I'm looking forward to the rest and the actual ceremony & honeymoon. Good luck with everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter