Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

Tiggerific04

DIS Veteran
So we've finally officially decided on a Disney wedding :cool1:

We're hoping for August 16, 2007 at the Wedding Pavilion at 5pm. I've already contacted Randy Chapman and Lisa Pena since they come so highly reviewed on here. Randy is available but I haven't heard from Lisa yet.

We don't want to do anything too fancy for the "reception" dinner, so we're leaning towards Chef Mickey's. I know that's completely unconventional, but we wanted pictures with the characters, and can't afford to have them at the cake/champagne reception. I was thinking about 1900 Park Fare because how awesome would it be to have a picture with Cinderella in your wedding dress? But we ate there a couple of trips ago and were not impressed with the food at all.

I also contacted Rev. Jack Day and Rev. Tim Herring -- heard from Rev. Tim, but nothing from Rev. Jack. I hope to hear from him soon since DF seems to like him the best.

Right now I'm trying to decide on a bridesmaid dress:

Dress #1:
dress1.jpg

Dress #2:
dress2.jpg

I think Chef Mickey's sounds like an original, fun idea! And my vote is for dress 2! I like the shear material, and the empire waist with the little bow. So cute! princess:

Yeah, I like #2 the best too, but I'm letting the girls pick since they're the ones who have to wear it. I have a feeling they're going to go with #1, but who knows once they see the dresses in person.

Ooh, just thought I'd say you're getting married the day before me :goodvibes , might see you around!
As for the dress, I prefer number 2, it looks really sweet and I love the sheer fabric, very summery.

Really the only advice I can give is that August is very hot! Its the 2nd hottest month, and Orlando being a non coastal part of Florida has no wind. The 2nd looks like it could be cooler, but if it's got the thick satin on the inside, it's going to be worse. Just some advice about the weather. But since it's going to be inside, you should be fine, but they may get uncomfortable outside for a long period of time.

sarah_n_brian2006 said:
Really the only advice I can give is that August is very hot! Its the 2nd hottest month, and Orlando being a non coastal part of Florida has no wind. The 2nd looks like it could be cooler, but if it's got the thick satin on the inside, it's going to be worse. Just some advice about the weather. But since it's going to be inside, you should be fine, but they may get uncomfortable outside for a long period of time.

Ugh, I know, we were there this past August and it was brutal! But I'm figuring that we'll be inside for the ceremony and dinner, so they should be ok. We'll only be outside taking pictures for a short period of time.

Summer-Caitlin said:
Ooh, just thought I'd say you're getting married the day before me :goodvibes , might see you around!
As for the dress, I prefer number 2, it looks really sweet and I love the sheer fabric, very summery.

Great minds think alike, huh? :thumbsup2 Where are you staying and for how long? We'll be down there for 2 weeks and we're (well, mostly me) thinking of splitting our stay between Pop and the Beach Club.

I called DFTW last night and was told that I'd be receiving a call from a coordinator within 3 days.... well, I got a call from Doreen today. Except I was at work and missed the call and by the time I was able to call her back, I got her voicemail :guilty:

I got a package from Rev. Tim today but still haven't even received an email reply from Rev. Jack Day. Anyone know how long it usually takes him to respond? I emailed him almost a week ago.

we had our wedding dinner at chef mickeys too for the same reason you're thinking, we had a whale of a time!

Tiggerific04 said:
Great minds think alike, huh? :thumbsup2 Where are you staying and for how long? We'll be down there for 2 weeks and we're (well, mostly me) thinking of splitting our stay between Pop and the Beach Club.

We're staying 7 nights at The Caribbean Beach Resort, 7 nights at The Animal Kingdom Lodge, 3 nights on the Disney Cruise Line and 4 nights at The Crowne Plaza Univeral. We made it 3 weeks as neither of us have been before and there is so much to see and do. I wanted a split stay so I could experience different hotels and I've always wanted to stay at Disney. We are even getting free Dining :woohoo:

I had my appointment at David's Bridal yesterday for my very first experience at trying on wedding dresses. It was me, DF (yeah, I don't believe in the whole superstition thing), my MOH, bridesmaid #1 (#2 was working and couldn't make it), and my parents.

I had heard some horror stories about this store, so I was a little anxious, but everything went really well! My consultant, Jessica, was very helpful without being pushy. She brought me everything I asked for, didn't try to help me get dressed (my mom did instead), and was very friendly and knowledgeable.

I ended up trying on 4 dresses, but the first one I tried is my absolute favorite. Jessica said not to buy it now, as their big sale starts in January and everything will be discounted. I wasn't ready to buy now anyway, but it was nice of her to share that little tip :thumbsup2

You can see pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/erin.bradshaw/2006_10_21

DF and my dad took the pictures. Most of the time they caught me mid-conversation, so my facial expressions are priceless :crazy:

You can see pictures here: [url said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/erin.bradshaw/2006_10_21[/url]

DF and my dad took the pictures. Most of the time they caught me mid-conversation, so my facial expressions are priceless :crazy:

The gown is beautiful. It is the perfect Cinderella dress. Good luck with your planning!

Dress number 1 is beautiful! Excellent choice! I also like dress number 4 on you too. It's very elegant. :thumbsup2

Tiggerific04 said:
I ended up trying on 4 dresses, but the first one I tried is my absolute favorite. Jessica said not to buy it now, as their big sale starts in January and everything will be discounted. I wasn't ready to buy now anyway, but it was nice of her to share that little tip :thumbsup2

I also love dress #1...you look like a princess princess:

Bought my dress today!! I had debated going to some other stores to look at more, but I've looked at hundreds of websites and haven't found anything close to the first dress I tried on. I went back to DB today with DF and FMIL, tried it on again, still loved it, got tons of compliments in the store, and went ahead and bought it. It was originally $549 but on sale for $499. Not too bad considering my dress budget was $600. It's a size 6 and a little snug, but the the 8 was too big and would have needed alterations. Since I had planned on getting in shape anyway, this just gives me the needed motivation :lmao:

Here it is (my eyes are closed, but you get the idea [this is from the first time I tried it on, not today]):

IMG_1435.jpg

Gradar1 said:
I love your dress! That's great that you got it on sale--congrats! :)

Thank you!

I've been freaking out since yesterday. When I bought it, the consultant told me to keep it wrapped in a white sheet inside of the garment bag, inside a closet. I don't remember her specifying what kind of sheet, but DF insists she said it had to be 100% cotton. Well, I can't for the life of me find plain 100% cotton sheets -- there's Egyptian cotton, cotton sateen, combed cotton, blended cotton, cotton/poly blend, etc. I tried calling her to ask if it matters but she's never in and the girls who answer the phone have no idea what's going on.

Also, she talked me into buying a size 6 even though it's near impossible for me to breathe in it. DF mentioned yesterday (two days after I bought it as a FINAL SALE) that maybe I should have gotten the 8 since the 6 is kind of short. So I panicked and tried it on and I think it's fine, but now I'm wondering if I should have gotten the 8 just to be safe. He and FMIL both say that the consultant said I could exchange it for a different size with no problem, but there's nothing about that on the receipt or the DB's website.

Help? Anyone?? Slowly driving myself nuts here :crazy:

On the dress. I had to re-exchange my dress for 3 sizes smaller. I bought it way too soon as stress dropped weight for me pretty quick. I guess I need to find that stress again soon!! DB gave me no issues whatsoever! I got additional money back b/c of the exchange to the smaller size. The even exchange should be no big issue.

On the bridesmaids dress I really really liked #2 in your pictures. It was a great dress that they could wear again.

JonetteA said:
On the dress. I had to re-exchange my dress for 3 sizes smaller. I bought it way too soon as stress dropped weight for me pretty quick. I guess I need to find that stress again soon!! DB gave me no issues whatsoever! I got additional money back b/c of the exchange to the smaller size. The even exchange should be no big issue.

On the bridesmaids dress I really really liked #2 in your pictures. It was a great dress that they could wear again.

I have the exact opposite problem: I eat when I'm stressed :rotfl: Do you remember how long it was after you bought the dress that you exchanged it? I'm wondering if there's a time limit or anything.

I really like bridesmaid dress #2 also, but it looks a lot different in person and on a real person. I decided instead to just have them pick their own dresses as long as they're all the same color as dress #1. That way they can each get what looks best on them and what they feel most comfortable in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter