Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

I just started reading your TR today, and I am absolutely in love with your dress!
It looks perfect on you :)

Congratulations

Thank you! :cutie:

I just sent them back to the address I got them from (I still had the email - I actually keep everything I can in my gmail to try and avoid losing them!). Let me know if you don't get them.

Oh! And my fiance (a big computer person) said that data recovery is really good now (he saw them recover data from a hard drive that had been on the barbeque for an hour!). So you may get everything back yet!

Good luck!

Great, thanks!

My dad took the drive to work so that all his IT friends could take a look at it... none of their recovery programs worked, but they think that if we take it to one of these places that specialize in it, they may be able to take it apart and retrieve the info like that. Fingers crossed!!

Wow. That sucks about your hard drive!!! Hope you can get everything done.

Me too ;)

just to let you know that they have tablecloths on the table for the commanders terrace cake receptions

So, originally my travel agent made my rehearsal dinner at Ohana for 7:35pm because that's the only time they can accommodate a large party (14 people).

Since DF's family isn't landing in Orlando until 4pm that day, I thought I would call dining myself and see if they had a later seating. Sure enough, I got a 9:10pm seating just fine. Hopefully this will enable us to watch Wishes like I had originally planned :banana:

My question is this: how long do you think dinner will take? And approximately how long would it take us to get from the Poly back to Pop if we're using the buses?

I also got all of the tux information filled out and sent to Carolyn Allen's. I'm a little nervous about the fitting time, though. As I said, DF's father and one brother don't get in until 4pm and she scheduled the fitting for 5pm (that was the latest she could do it). Even if we have a car pick them up from the airport, I still think it's going to be cutting it really close for them to get to Pop. Am I wrong?

You're definitely not alone. I can't stand wearing any type of "dressy" shoes, so I live in sneakers and flip flops. No way was I going to be uncomfortable on my wedding day!

I'm from the south and MIL is from the north. Let me tell ya, there are COMPLETELY different views of weddings and receptions. We've been married almost 19 years and I wore tennis shoes under my wedding dress. I thought she was gonna have a stroke. I had a perfectly legitmate reason for doing so, I have rheumatoid arthritis and DO NOT wear heels....ever. I love this woman and we get along wonderfully and always have, but she did not like it at all. But, it was our wedding and we did it our way.

HI there! just wondering if you were able to recover all your info....hope you did!

only 30 DAYS LEFT:banana:

Hi girls! I've been such a slacker posting updates, but I'm literally in the middle of moving and it's crazy!

Anyway, yes, I was able to recover all of my info from my old computer... for the hefty sum of $1865!!!! :scared1: I know everyone thinks I'm crazy for paying that much, but there are 7 years' worth of pictures on there that I never printed out. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson.

I sent my BEO in to Tanis on Monday, but I'm still finalizing some floral choices and a first dance song. I'll try to post the floral options this weekend.

My dress is still being altered, but I go for my third fitting this Friday and I'm super excited because it's looking so much better! It actually fits me properly now :goodvibes

At work... more later...

Thanks so much for reading!!

So we leave in eleven days. I still have to:

1) Buy welcome bags.
2) Buy stuff to put inside the welcome bags.
3) Buy paper to make programs.
4) Design programs.
5) Translate programs into spanish.
6) Print out and fill in marriage license application. I was originally going to do this through the mail, but with moving and everything it got pushed aside.
7) Buy socks for our flower girl.
8) Get a haircut.
9) Get my ear repierced.
10) Buy DF's wedding gift.
11) Figure out how to get rid of the ginormous zit on my chin.
12) Grow myself a money tree.

I've followed up with all of our vendors and received replies from everyone except Randy. This makes me extremely nervous because he's usually really quick to reply, but I'm thinking he's just really busy with other weddings.

I sent an email to Rev. Tim asking a couple questions and all I got back from him was "Yes, yes, yes." One of my questions was who to make out the check to :confused:

We decided on some floral decorations...

For the altar:

ringofelegance.jpg

In pinks to match my bouquet

mixedaisle.jpg

Two columns at the first row of pews, with flowers to match the altar arrangement

floatingroses.jpg

As centerpieces for the "reception" in pink

I picked up my dress from the tailor last Thursday and it looks perfect, although I'm not sure it was worth the $400 they [over]charged me for it. It was the only place I could find last minute that was willing to do it, so oh well.

I wish I had more pics of things to share, but as you can see we still have a bit to do. As soon as I get the programs and welcome bags done I'll post pics of those ;)

Well, I got my final floral budget from Rosie and DF had a heart attack, so we canceled the aisle arrangements and centerpieces. I never really thought we needed them, but DF thought it would look plain without them. After seeing the prices, he thinks it will look just fine! We're keeping the altar arrangement (the ring with the candle) so that there is at least something there for the pictures.

I'm going to get my hair cut today after work -- I haven't been in 10 months :eek: And on Friday I'm going to get my ear repierced. I got my ears done when I was 13, but I always had a bad reaction to earrings, so I haven't worn any in years. DF bought me diamond earrings for our engagement (they match my ring) and I want to wear them for the wedding, but my left hole has completely closed. We've all tried just pushing the earring through, but it doesn't work so I think I need to see a professional :lmao:

I worked on my programs last night and just have a little left to do on them. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the paper for them today and then we just need to translate them for FMIL.

It finally feels like it's all coming together :banana:

All of your stuff looks great - I love the final dress choice! Best wishes - it's coming up fast! :)

I just read your whole planning journal and I love all the choices you have made. I especially love the jewelry.

Btw, my engagement ring also has sapphires in it - I LOVE Sapphires! Here is a picture of my ring...

DSCF3886.jpg

My wedding ring will match.

Your planning journal has made me want to try again to put together my own!

Hope your officent problems work out!

Jes

Jes, your ring is soooo beautiful! You should definitely try putting together another planning journal :thumbsup2

Your dress is beautiful, and you are going to be a beautiful bride. Have you decided on how you are wearing your hair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter