1. You WILL be able to do that.
2. Load them into your MDE account and use them to book FP+.
You'll be able to book FP+ in advance for the number of days on the UC ticket.
Then, use that ticket to help pay for your AP renewal after you arrive.
So MDE will not read the effective date of the tickets, and I book FP for after the time the tickets are dated for?

Thank you! So I was correct, and will not be able to make late September FP with an August ticket. What a dummy I was!
The main confusion comes from having multiple trips relatively close together along with an expiring AP in that same time period.

The main confusion comes from having multiple trips relatively close together along with an expiring AP in that same time period.
Very confusing LOL, I was so close to having it all planned correctly. All done this way just so I can erase the charges for one of my AP's. But that saves me $600, so I guess it's worth the confusion.

Speculating that college age son can travel and are close to the 60 day window to get Fast Passes. If there is a chance he can’t use the selected date ticket, at all, does it matter if it’s bought from Undercover Tourist or Disney for reassigning it?

Speculating that college age son can travel and are close to the 60 day window to get Fast Passes. If there is a chance he can’t use the selected date ticket, at all, does it matter if it’s bought from Undercover Tourist or Disney for reassigning it?
That situation works the same way for tickets purchased from Disney or from authorized ticket resellers/discounters (like UT.)

Not sure the best place to ask this ticket question so here goes.

Staying two nights on-site before a week elsewhere. Right now I'm booked as a Package with 5-day tickets. On at least one page of MDE it shows "Valid for any 5 days from Oct 3 to 5..." with the dates corresponding to my check-in and check-out days. Obviously I can't use 5 days worth of tickets in 3 days :P Elsewhere I've seen that 5-day tickets with an Oct 3 start date shouldn't expire until Oct 10. Is this just one of those plentiful MDE glitches or am I risking our tickets not working after we check out?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure the best place to ask this ticket question so here goes.

Staying two nights on-site before a week elsewhere. Right now I'm booked as a Package with 5-day tickets. On at least one page of MDE it shows "Valid for any 5 days from Oct 3 to 5..." with the dates corresponding to my check-in and check-out days. Obviously I can't use 5 days worth of tickets in 3 days :P Elsewhere I've seen that 5-day tickets with an Oct 3 start date shouldn't expire until Oct 10. Is this just one of those plentiful MDE glitches or am I risking our tickets not working after we check out?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a reason why you have booked your tickets WITH your room reservation?

Beat a ticket price increase. It's not much but the tickets in my package are ~$11pp cheaper than UT or anywhere else I've looked.

Your tickets will not "expire" on your check-out date.

A 5-Day Ticket will be good any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+).

Yes.
You MIGHT need to call Disney ticketing to change the dates on the UT ticket.
Just to provide a data point, I just loaded my UCT ticket into my MDE and was able to change the dates. Took about 30 seconds, and no charge. One less worry!

We bought 5 day tickets for our whole family that we will upgrade to AP when we get there, except for DD, who now won’t be able to make it for our Oct trip until the US leg of it or Dec trip, waiting until our March trip. BUT here’s the question- we were planning to go back to Disney one day after our US leg in Oct. If we did that and she used one day of her 5 day tickets, would we be able to change the other 4 days to our March trip? Or once we use one day, are all the days “gone” if not used in a certain time period?

We bought 5 day tickets for our whole family that we will upgrade to AP when we get there, except for DD, who now won’t be able to make it for our Oct trip until the US leg of it or Dec trip, waiting until our March trip. BUT here’s the question- we were planning to go back to Disney one day after our US leg in Oct. If we did that and

A. she used one day of her 5 day tickets, would we be able to change the other 4 days to our March trip?
B. Or once we use one day, are all the days “gone” if not used in a certain time period?
A. Nope.
B. Once started, a ticket with any remaining unused days will expire within the number of days
that length ticket allows.
(5-Day Ticket: Good for any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)

Ok thank you. That’s pretty much what I assumed. So maybe we will either buy her a one day ticket or do a resort day or DS that day!

I purchased 4 AP's for our upcoming trip in October with the intent of making 3 trips in the upcoming year. Now I'm only taking the October trip so I'd like to purchase 7 days park hoppers and hold the AP's for future use. Is it better to transfer the AP to another name to prevent accidental activation of the AP and then transfer them back after the trip? Is there a limit to the transfer? And my daughters ticket says it's non-transferable but the rest are, why is that? TIA

I purchased 4 AP's for our upcoming trip in October with the intent of making 3 trips in the upcoming year. Now I'm only taking the October trip so I'd like to purchase 7 days park hoppers and hold the AP's for future use.
1. Is it better to transfer the AP to another name to prevent accidental activation of the AP and then transfer them back after the trip?
2. Is there a limit to the transfer?
3. And my daughters ticket says it's non-transferable but the rest are, why is that? TIA
1. It does not matter, because your new AP certificates cannot be used unless and until you physically go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth, show an ID, and have those new APs "activated."
2. Nope.
3. No matter, regardless. (You can ignore that kind of discrepancy, at this point.)
There's no need to transfer the AP certificates.

Last edited:
And my daughters ticket says it's non-transferable but the rest are, why is that? TIA
On my account my DH is listed as non-transferable, but is not listed that way when logged in to his account. Does your daughter have her own MDE account?

I previously moved my unexpired, Disney-purchased, 3 day Park Hopper to a family member, who is part of my planning party, and whose account I manage. The ticket was not from a package - just a direct outright purchase. I now want to transfer that ticket back to my account, but when I log into their account and select my eligible name from the drop down list, I repeatedly (for more than one week) receive this message:

We were unable to reassign this ticket. Please try again later.

1. Are there any ideas why this is happening? (The ticket shows as being eligible for transfer)
2. Will I just need to call Disney's ticketing?

It looks like the least expensive tickets for our trip will be the convention tickets. We can purchase these for up to 8 days, but we plan to stay 10 days. will we be able to upgrade these to a 10 day ticket? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter