It's been awhile since we upgraded to an annual pass. we now have 8 day hopper waterpark and more with our package for our aug. trip with the grandkids. hubby and I would like to upgrade our2 tickets to annual passes. Is there any benefit to using the ticket at a park gate first before going to guest services to upgrade? I believe in the past that was suggested to bring the value of the ticket up that days' prices. if there is not value then we'll just go to DS the night before the kids arrive. (3 dif/ phone CMS told me that since we are staying 2 nights room only at pop before thepackage begins with the kids we can activate our tickets at the front desk the day before the package starts)

I bought an AP and linked it to myself. I checked and it shows on my account/profile. That was 2 days ago and I’ve attempted to view passholder discounts multiple times but each time I try it takes me to the page to purchase an AP. I bought the AP from Sam’s. It linked fine & will allow me to book fastpasses. Any idea how I can see room discounts?

I bought an AP and linked it to myself. I checked and it shows on my account/profile. That was 2 days ago and I’ve attempted to view passholder discounts multiple times but each time I try it takes me to the page to purchase an AP. I bought the AP from Sam’s. It linked fine & will allow me to book fastpasses. Any idea how I can see room discounts?

on the AP increase thread, there is someone that has the same issue and it hasn't been resolved. Try logging out of MDE, clearing all cookies, and then logging back in.

It's been awhile since we upgraded to an annual pass. we now have 8 day hopper waterpark and more with our package for our aug. trip with the grandkids. hubby and I would like to upgrade our2 tickets to annual passes.
A. Is there any benefit to using the ticket at a park gate first before going to guest services to upgrade?
B. I believe in the past that was suggested to bring the value of the ticket up that days' prices.
C. if there is not value then we'll just go to DS the night before the kids arrive. (3 dif/ phone CMS told me that
D. since we are staying 2 nights room only at pop before thepackage begins with the kids
we can
activate our tickets at the front desk the day before the package starts)
A. Likely, yes.
B. But, THAT's not the case.
C. If you wait until after you've entered the first park, the option to upgrade to AP will likely appear as a choice in your MDX account (with the correct upgrade cost.)
D. Hmmmm. Doesn't sound likely. (But, anything is possible.)
Is there a reason you booked a PACKAGE with tickets and did not just buy the tickets separately?

Thanks for your helpful response, Robo! Other than Saturdays in MK, the several months for DHS, and major holidays, are there any other blackout times that are park-specific black out days that I should be on the lookout for Silver APs? I'm nervous that I'm going to miss something important & mess up my own planning. We haven't been FL AP holders for a few years & I know lots has changed. Thanks, again!!

A. Likely, yes.
B. But, THAT's not the case.
C. If you wait until after you've entered the first park, the option to upgrade to AP will likely appear as a choice in your MDX account (with the correct upgrade cost.)
D. Hmmmm. Doesn't sound likely. (But, anything is possible.)
Is there a reason you booked a PACKAGE with tickets and did not just buy the tickets separately?

yeah. for the grandkids. we booked a free dining bounceback when we were there in sept 2018for aug 2019: 2 rooms at pop century with free dining for us, son, DIL 4 kiddos. we all had to have the same tickets. my son chose 8 day hopper with water park and more. as time went on hubby and I decided since we bought those expensive tickets with the package we should (heck, why not? lol) upgrade to AP while there and take a trip without kids in may 2020.. we rented points through a DVC friend for that.

we now have 8 day hopper waterpark and more with our package for our aug. trip with the grandkids. hubby and I would like to upgrade our2 tickets to annual passes.

Just be aware that if you use any of the "waterparks and more" options before the upgrade, you can only upgrade to the pricier AP which includes those options as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

Two years ago, I purchased 4d park ticket for the Canadian Resident deal - one for DH, DD and myself. DD and I will be going to WDW next Feb and will use two of the tickets. But I am going in January, staying offsite and am planning to use the third ticket. When I get there in Jan and go to guest services, will I be activating the ticket assigned to me - not the Feb reservation? Can I assume that when I get back, I can reassign DH's ticket to me for the Feb trip?

Two years ago, I purchased 4d park ticket for the Canadian Resident deal - one for DH, DD and myself. DD and I will be going to WDW next Feb and will use two of the tickets. But I am going in January, staying offsite and am planning to use the third ticket. When I get there in Jan and go to guest services, will I be activating the ticket assigned to me - not the Feb reservation? Can I assume that when I get back, I can reassign DH's ticket to me for the Feb trip?
Never-used tickets can be reassigned.

Just be aware that if you use any of the "waterparks and more" options before the upgrade, you can only upgrade to the pricier AP which includes those options as well.

Enjoy your vacation!
thanks for pointing that out!! It was nice of you to take the time.. I am aware of that but many reading this may not be. hubby and I have water park entrances left over on old 10 day water parks and more tickets we bought with the old "no expiration" option. he has 9 entrances left.. I have 8. we didn't want to get the "plus" this next trip but our son really wanted to take the kids to a water park and we all had to get the same ticket. it was cheaper for him to upgrade to the "plus" than to buy water park tickets for his family 3 adults (the oldest is 10) 2 kids , plus a 2year old.(little one free). so we agreed to "eat" the extra cost we don't need.........which led me to thinking... hhmm.. as long as we're paying for pricier tickets anyway and we don't need the water parks option we should upgrade to a premier AP. (I wish they would let you upgrade tickets to an AP from home... 4 dif. Cms on the phone told me you have to do that in person.. I would have upgraded before the STEEP!!! increase in price.! .. sigh

thanks for pointing that out!! It was nice of you to take the time.. I am aware of that but many reading this may not be. hubby and I have water park entrances left over on old 10 day water parks and more tickets we bought with the old "no expiration" option. he has 9 entrances left.. I have 8. we didn't want to get the "plus" this next trip but our son really wanted to take the kids to a water park and we all had to get the same ticket. it was cheaper for him to upgrade to the "plus" than to buy water park tickets for his family 3 adults (the oldest is 10) 2 kids , plus a 2year old.(little one free). so we agreed to "eat" the extra cost we don't need.........which led me to thinking... hhmm.. as long as we're paying for pricier tickets anyway and we don't need the water parks option we should upgrade to a premier AP. (I wish they would let you upgrade tickets to an AP from home... 4 dif. Cms on the phone told me you have to do that in person.. I would have upgraded before the STEEP!!! increase in price.! .. sigh
You CAN upgrade from home...
EXCEPT, as you pointed out, everyone on the package must have the SAME kind of tickets... at least until check-in.
So, unless everyone on the package wants an AP
(and they don’t) you’ll have to wait until check-in and THEN anybody can choose to upgrade or not, individually.
The problem is the “package rules,” not the “upgrade rules.”

Last edited:
You can "hold" multiple AP certificates.
They can only be activated "in-person" at WDW.
Hello, I've never had an AP and I'm considering buying the discounted ones through Sam's Club, but probably won't be activating for a few years. If I buy two at this time and my husband decides he doesn't want to use one, can I assign it to someone else? It looks like when I go to buy them I need to assign names to each one, so I wasn't sure how that works. Thanks!

I have a unused ticket for a family member who is now deceased. What are my options for this ticket. Will Disney issue a refund?

Hello, I've never had an AP and I'm considering buying the discounted ones through Sam's Club, but probably won't be activating for a few years.
1. If I buy two at this time and my husband decides he doesn't want to use one, can I assign it to someone else?
2. It looks like when I go to buy them I need to assign names to each one, so I wasn't sure how that works. Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Even if so, it will not matter if you decide to transfer the AP.

I have a unused ticket for a family member who is now deceased. What are my options for this ticket. Will Disney issue a refund?
If it's an unused ticket, it does not technically "belong" to anyone, in particular.
Anyone can decide to use it.
If it is listed in a MyDIsneyExperience account, it can be transferred to anyone who is listed in that account, or who is "connected" to that account.

Thanks. We've never been and I just noticed there wasn't a parking lot next to the building. We will just keep our original reservation. Thanks again!
You CAN upgrade from home...
EXCEPT, as you pointed out, everyone on the package must have the SAME kind of tickets... at least until check-in.
So, unless everyone on the package wants an AP
(and they don’t) you’ll have to wait until check-in and THEN anybody can choose to upgrade or not, individually.
The problem is the “package rules,” not the “upgrade rules.”
hmm strange. a few years back we had 2 day tickets left over from a free dining package. we were staying at poly on rented points and I could only make fast passes for 2 days. I wanted to upgrade to an AP from home but disney wouldn't let me. I ended up upgrading to 10 day tickets from home so I could make FP, then upgrading those at guest relations to an AP when we got there

Here are my new questions of the day! We need to purchase by August 10th for a family trip that is attached to my husbands convention, but we have no idea if we will be offered convention rate tickets:

1. My father is going to purchase our two kids 3 day Florida Resident Park Hopper Tickets. Hopefully by proving Florida Residency online. He will not be coming on the trip. I have in writing from Disney that he doesn't have to show up in person to confirm residency, but I will have to go to GR to show the connection on my MDE. We are considering upgrading these to Florida Resident Silver passes. What is the last day we can make that upgrade?

2. I have to bite the bullet and purchase myself and my husband 3 day park hopper tickets b/c hubby refuses to ask if he will get convention tickets. I will search for the best price and pull the trigger. What should I do if we are offered convention tickets after the fact and the convention tickets are cheaper?

3. I'm thinking of upgrading my 3 day ticket to an annual pass, but again, only once we are there in the parks. If we wind up getting convention tickets, should i use those for the trip and use those to upgrade to the AP?

I'm so confused!

This was probably addressed previously but I couldn’t find it. I am upgrading to an annual pass when I go this week because I have a long trip in November. I was just wondering if I could pay for the upgrade by using gift cards and a credit card. Thanks in advance for any information

hmm strange. a few years back we had 2 day tickets left over from a free dining package. we were staying at poly on rented points and I could only make fast passes for 2 days. I wanted to upgrade to an AP from home but disney wouldn't let me. I ended up upgrading to 10 day tickets from home so I could make FP, then upgrading those at guest relations to an AP when we got there
We can't really rely on what happened "a few years back" as things change all the time.
And otherwise, what the CM on the phone will or won't do can be based on the knowledge level and skills of exactly who you get when you call. (And, the number of times that you call.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter