• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have 6 days hoppers purchased from Disney. I changed the dates due to a cancellation of the vacation to 3 months later and paid the difference move the tickets to the new date. How many times can I keep moving these tickets forward if the vacation gets cancelled? Is there a limit?

I have tickets I need to move forward in date. Not sure of future vacation yet but wondering if anyone has booked a cheap value resort in the future to attach these tickets to . They are not part of a package. Tickets are from UT that I still want to use or use to update for an AP in the future.

You don’t need to attach the tickets to a room. Just go Into the app or website and change the dates to a future date. Try to make it so the price is the same…

You don’t need to attach the tickets to a room. Just go Into the app or website and change the dates to a future date. Try to make it so the price is the same…
There is not change option . Only a reassign ticket or save to wallet option .

Can you change the dates of a UT ticket attached to your MDE account? There is no change ticket option . If I call can I pay the difference for a later date?

That's weird. Has the date that the tickets were originally valid for already passed?
No they were purchased from UT and are attached for November 2023 dates.
my tickets in May 2023 purchased from Disney have a change ticket option. My November tickets do not have the change ticket option. Maybe they can only be changed by calling?

my tickets in May 2023 purchased from Disney have a change ticket option. My November tickets do not have the change ticket option. Maybe they can only be changed by calling?

possibly. I have read of issues with changing UT tickets on this board. Have you considered returning them to UT?

No they were purchased from UT and are attached for November 2023 dates. … My November tickets do not have the change ticket option. Maybe they can only be changed by calling?
There have been several reports in the past few months of UT tickets not having the “modify” button and WDW instructing to make any change through UT.

Just a theory, but I wonder if it has to do with the refund policy with UT. WDW tickets are usually non-refundable but UT does offer refunds (minus a fee). Again just a theory but it could be built into the contract between WDW and UT.

ETA - to my knowledge there is no limit to how many times an unused ticket can be upgraded or pushed out. However keep in mind that you don't have to keep pushing it out, an expired unused ticket holds it's credit value. And you could end up with a ticket value higher than the dates you really end up going. Also no need to book a resort.

Last edited:
How far out do we realistically need to purchase tickets? We have a trip planned for early August. Please advise! Thanks

I had a ticket bought from UT attached for a November 2023 trip too. I changed our reservation to October just a few weeks ago and the change ticket option was there. It cost about $50 more. I wasn’t surprised about the price because I had bought the ticket at the old ticket price UT offered. They had some left form before the last increase. This was my first time buying a date based ticket and making a change in a ticket online too. I have an AP but I had bought this ticket for a friend of mine who will be traveling with me.

I hadn't heard that. Our Sorcerer passes (which we're not renewing) say they expired on the same date a year after they became effective, i.e., they were usable from March 11, 2022 to March 11, 2023.
Weird. We have incredipass and definitely of the 8 I have in my friends and family all got the 365 day treatment. I emailed and called and was told that the cast member who told me it should be 366 was incorrect. The person I talked to said they had been doing it as 365 since the fall of 2021. Maybe it depends on the kind of pass?

I hope it hasn’t been “fixed” in such a way that renewals lose a day each year, e.g. this year’s renewal is usable from 3/11/2023 to 3/10/2024, the next renewal runs from 3/10/2024 to 3/9/2025, etc. It seems to me it would be easier for Disney to give nonrenewals the “extra” day (for the relative few who enter a park on the exact date their AP expires) than to cut them off the day before.
I was told the expiration would remain the same, but I'm not planning on renewing so can't verify.

I was told the expiration would remain the same, but I'm not planning on renewing so can't verify.
Yes, we aren’t renewing either.

Hopefully someone who does renew will post here what the expiration date was for the old pass and what expiration date is showing for the new pass. It would also be helpful if someone who didn’t renew can post whether they were able to enter a park on the actual expiration date or not — but there are probably only a few who have that opportunity.

How far out do we realistically need to purchase tickets? We have a trip planned for early August. Please advise! Thanks
Excellent question which really depends on how you "do" Disney. At the moment the big driver for purchasing tickets early is to make park reservations, the system will not allow you to do so without.

I'd think you're safe to buy the tickets 3 months out so you can also have time to plan dining (60 days out) and sync it with your park days. If you don't want to make dining reservations you can push this off further.

Last edited:
As above, the reason to buy tickets is to make park reservations. Since early August isn’t one of the busy times when park reservations tend to fill up, you can wait. I’d periodically check the park reservation availability calendar, though, and if even one day during your trip becomes unavailable for even one park, you should probably buy tickets and book reservations.

There have been several reports in the past few months of UT tickets not having the “modify” button and WDW instructing to make any change through UT.

Just a theory, but I wonder if it has to do with the refund policy with UT. WDW tickets are usually non-refundable but UT does offer refunds (minus a fee). Again just a theory but it could be built into the contract between WDW and UT.

ETA - to my knowledge there is no limit to how many times an unused ticket can be upgraded or pushed out. However keep in mind that you don't have to keep pushing it out, an expired unused ticket holds it's credit value. And you could end up with a ticket value higher than the dates you really end up going. Also no need to book a resort.
So weird
I checked today and the change button is there. It was definitely not yesterday.
I have 3 tickets for different vacations within the next year. Only one had the change option . Now all 3 do 🤷‍♀️
Weird……

I have tickets I need to move forward in date. Not sure of future vacation yet but wondering if anyone has booked a cheap value resort in the future to attach these tickets to . They are not part of a package. Tickets are from UT that I still want to use or use to update for an AP in the future.
as long as you dont change the tickets I think most UT tickets are refundable with a 5% fee but if you change them or modify them in any way they are not refundable.

Question regarding bridging a ticket...
If we have a ticket that includes memory maker and waterpark option, do we have to add that option when bridging to an AP? We're being told by ticketing that since our tickets include memory maker and water parks that we can bridge to APs on the 20th but have to add the $99 photopass and $99 waterpark option to each AP.

Weird. We have incredipass and definitely of the 8 I have in my friends and family all got the 365 day treatment. I emailed and called and was told that the cast member who told me it should be 366 was incorrect. The person I talked to said they had been doing it as 365 since the fall of 2021. Maybe it depends on the kind of pass?
I emailed Passholder support to ask for clarification and they said all annual passes should be 365 days. So maybe the person didn't know what they were talking about or maybe those of you who are still getting the 366 post Fall 2021 are getting some pixie dust. They did refer me to the plandisney website to confirm this information. :) So I would just plan on getting 365 days out of a new AP (from date of activation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter