My work has discounted Disney Park Hopper tickets that expire on 12/31/22, Does anyone know how it works if you cant use the ticket on that day if they will allow you to use the expired ticket to purchase a new one for a new date and use it as a credit towards the new ticket??

Yes, it does not lose its value.

Thanks!! That was what I was hoping since they expire in 2022 and we are planning a trip in late Nov/Dec. In case we cant go, I didnt want to lose all that money!

My son was unable to go on a recent trip and am curious what our options for the tickets are. I know he can apply them to a future trip, but I'll be honest I'm not quite sure when that will even be next. Are we able to transfer the tickets to another family member?
Thanks.

My son was unable to go on a recent trip and am curious what our options for the tickets are. I know he can apply them to a future trip, but I'll be honest I'm not quite sure when that will even be next. Are we able to transfer the tickets to another family member?
Thanks.
If the ticket has never been used, it's transferable.

We have a large party visiting in February. With rising covid cases, we are on the fence about what to do.

Our biggest concern is arriving for a 10 night vacation, and then getting covid part way through and losing a large chunk of money.

If we have 7 day tickets that we started to use and after 3 days in the park someone got covid...then what? Would all those remaining tickets be lost? That would be 44 tickets!

If we have 7 day tickets that we started to use and after 3 days in the park someone got covid...then what? Would all those remaining tickets be lost? That would be 44 tickets!
Officially yes. Unofficially, there is a chance they will do something for you (after all, they'd rather not have you in the parks if you are supposed to quarantine) but I would not count on it.

If this would be a crushing financial blow, consider trip insurance that includes coverage for a COVID-positive result mid-trip.

I am confused and I need some veteran wisdom!

I have a 10 day ticket. Does my 14 day period to use them begin on the first day of my resort reservation or the first day that I actually go to a theme park?

Suppose I have magic Kingdom reserved for day 5 but it rains that day. Can I just not show up that day and try to reserve Magic Kingdom on day 13 when I don’t have any park reservations, as long as it is in my 14 day window?

What if I am trying to use it on the 13th day as described above, but my resort stay ends on day 12? Does that impact my ability to use the tickets in any way? In other words, the tickets are actually potentially good for some days beyond my resort stay. Can I use those days as emergency backup days if it rains and just find some other hotel to stay in?

Our trip was going to be next week and we canceled…. We have 2 day hoppers.
I’m thinking we’ll use them for MLK weekend 2023 but it won’t let me modify into 2023.
They said once 2023 tickets are available I can call and have value put towards new tickets.
Since I hate wasting time on hold with Disney would it also work to modify to dates in December of equal value and then modify again to January 2023 when those dates are available?

We were going to go at the end of this month with our four day tickets but we have postponed it till next January.
(maybe who really knows now days when we will go) So I went in and changed our dates to the end of September so I would'nt have to pay anything to switch them right now. When next January comes out, then I will have to cough up more money.

We were going to go at the end of this month with our four day tickets but we have postponed it till next January.
(maybe who really knows now days when we will go) So I went in and changed our dates to the end of September so I would'nt have to pay anything to switch them right now. When next January comes out, then I will have to cough up more money.

That’s what I’m planning to do..
So it’s fine to modify multiple times?

I tried moving my 4 day Fla resident Tix for a canceled visit starting next Sunday and the site won’t let me. Disney site is so subpar.. another long hold phone call … cause chat online is sadly also a nightmare holding time :(

I tried moving my 4 day Fla resident Tix for a canceled visit starting next Sunday and the site won’t let me. Disney site is so subpar.. another long hold phone call … cause chat online is sadly also a nightmare holding time :(
Could it be because it is a Fla resident Tix?

I saw nothing about change fees, but if days for Tix are higher, u must pay the Upgrade. However, if the days for ur Tix are Less, ur out of luck. No surprise there Disney :(

I Was able to change days of use.. I moved them to Sept ‘22.
I saw No indication Anywhere that one could not change them more than once.
I chose the dates rather randomly, trying to avoid holidays n known group times. I put park reservations in place as well, of course no park hours known. I typically book a meal a day so that’s next. Should have checked hotel rates first, mod is $100. HIGHER per nite than my Just canceled visit for next week.
Yup… it’s looking to be a much costlier quick trip right from the start.
Atleast something is held… as the Tix prices stayed the same which was the goal.
good luck all!
ya know…Just remembered I got an email for 20 percent off a room, got dig for that and Maybe I’ll luck out and it’ll work for the time/resort. I can hope, lol!

I saw nothing about change fees, but if days for Tix are higher, u must pay the Upgrade. However, if the days for ur Tix are Less, ur out of luck. No surprise there Disney :(

I Was able to change days of use.. I moved them to Sept ‘22.
I saw No indication Anywhere that one could not change them more than once.
I chose the dates rather randomly, trying to avoid holidays n known group times. I put park reservations in place as well, of course no park hours known. I typically book a meal a day so that’s next. Should have checked hotel rates first, mod is $100. HIGHER per nite than my Just canceled visit for next week.
Yup… it’s looking to be a much costlier quick trip right from the start.
Atleast something is held… as the Tix prices stayed the same which was the goal.
good luck all!
ya know…Just remembered I got an email for 20 percent off a room, got dig for that and Maybe I’ll luck out and it’ll work for the time/resort. I can hope, lol!
Right, there are no change fees, as of now. It could come later on or possibly never.

Some folks have been able to change tickets online, others have to call. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason, just seems to be Disney IT.

You can change the ticket dates as often as you wish -- just keep in mind the value. If the new dates cost more, you will have to pay the difference -- and if you move the tickets again and that date is less, no refund of the original or the additional.

I have a 10 day ticket. Does my 14 day period to use them begin on the first day of my resort reservation or the first day that I actually go to a theme park?
Did you purchase your tickets as part of a package or separate? If part of a package, ticket use window starts with your check-in day and ends the later of the 14-day validity period (for a 10-day ticket) or your check-out date of the package. Whichever is later.

If you purchased tickets separately, you had to designate the start date and your use window is determined by length of ticket based on that start date.

If you wake up one day and decide not to go to the park, you can cancel that park reservation and try to re-book another day that is still within your use window. No guarantee on rescheduling like that during busy times, it all depends on theme park reservation availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter