Hi everyone, this has to deal with Park Pass Reservations/Unused AP.

I have a trip coming up in April that will consist of 8 park days. I am staying on property, split stay, reservations made/confirmed. I am planning to activate my as of yet unused/unactivated AP that I purchased in 2019.

When I go to make park reservations, it only lets me do it for 5 days, which is the limit for my type of AP (even though it's not yet activated), but I thought I should be able to do it for my length of stay, since I have resort reservations. What gives?

You need to book your park reservation using the "Book Park Reservation for Hotel Guest" which is below the "Book Park Reservation" option.

I want to make sure - I had to cancel a trip last minute because of an accident. Regarding my park tickets, I should just cancel my park reservations and, if we just don't use the tickets, the price of the tickets will just credit back to me for future use at WDW?

I had 3 tickets on my app before Covid. We’d planned on going so I had the tickets ahead of time. We never went and we just decided to take a trip in two weeks (finally!) but the tickets vanished from the app. I tried to rescan the ticket and it says it’s already on the account, but there’s nothing under tickets & passes. Where’d they go? Help!

I had 3 tickets on my app before Covid. We’d planned on going so I had the tickets ahead of time. We never went and we just decided to take a trip in two weeks (finally!) but the tickets vanished from the app. I tried to rescan the ticket and it says it’s already on the account, but there’s nothing under tickets & passes. Where’d they go? Help!
Did you look on your account online yet? Can you see them there?

The same thing happened to me! I had to call Disney, wait on hold for two hours but finally got it squared away (which took a crazy amount of time) They should have the tickets in their system but if you have the ticket numbers or reservation number handy, that might help.

Can I pick up a plastic ticket for them at guest services at our hotel or do I have to stand in line each day at each park?
If they have old MagicBands, those will work for entry to the park. Or just pick up 1 hard plastic ticket for each. As long as the "media" (MagicBand or plastic) is linked to them in MDE, it will access any/all tickets assigned to that person.

What do we do now to get her ticket converted to a new ticket? Who do we call and what information do we need before calling?
You will need to call to upgrade those tickets for her new dates, paying any extra if necessary.

I want to make sure - I had to cancel a trip last minute because of an accident. Regarding my park tickets, I should just cancel my park reservations and, if we just don't use the tickets, the price of the tickets will just credit back to me for future use at WDW?
Sorry you have to cancel, I hope everyone is OK. If not used, the tickets may eventually disappear from your view in MDE. I suggest making note of the ticket number(s) and value(s). When you are ready to re-book, you will need to call to upgrade the tickets to your new dates.

Are you sure? I just looked at my AP in MDE and it says they expire on 12/3/22...we activated them on 12/4/21. We are trying to plan our end of the year trip in December to end on the last valid day of our AP and booking day is upon us.

So, we had a four day, four park pass that was purchased prior to the pandemic to be used in June 2020. Didn't go but the ticket was supposed to be good until 9/2021. Daughter was not able to go by then and we understood that even though we can't see the ticket in her MDE, it is still there that a cast member could see and it's value can be applied to the purchase of a ticket the next time she goes to WDW. She is planning a trip this summer. What do we do now to get her ticket converted to a new ticket? Who do we call and what information do we need before calling?

Had a similar situation and took care of it with WDW ticketing over the phone this evening. Had a 5 day hopper ticket that we purchased pre-Covid from UT. Had it previously linked in MDE as we were making plans for a July 2020 trip and then everything got canceled. The ticket was linked, but never used at a park. It became "expired" as part of that 9/2021 group and disappeared from MDE.

We have a new trip this coming March and we are taking a friend that we need a ticket for. I called WDW ticketing tonight, used the value of the expired 5-day hopper ticket towards a new purchase of a 6-day hopper and assigned it to a new person. Was very easy, just had to sit on hold for quite a while. I had the physical card in my hand, but they didn't seem to need anything from the card. They did ask what person in MDE the ticket was previously linked to, but I also don't think that was critical.

Are you sure? I just looked at my AP in MDE and it says they expire on 12/3/22...we activated them on 12/4/21. We are trying to plan our end of the year trip in December to end on the last valid day of our AP and booking day is upon us.
There has been some sporadic chatter about this on the AP thread. From what I gather, new APs are showing with an expiration date one day earlier than expected. I want to say someone contacted WDW and the phone CM had the correct date. I haven't really been following the thread but you might ask here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ts-annual-passes.3860933/page-8#post-63673925

I have 7 day MYW park hopper tickets with no expiration that I purchased several years ago. We are planning a trip this spring and would like to upgrade them to 9 or 10 day tickets. According to the links from the first page, the price for these tickets prior to 2017 were 467.54 and the current price for a 10 day MYW park hopper is 722.78. Does that mean I need to pay $255 per ticket for the extra 3 days, or am I figuring this out wrong?

I have 7 day MYW park hopper tickets with no expiration that I purchased several years ago. We are planning a trip this spring and would like to upgrade them to 9 or 10 day tickets. According to the links from the first page, the price for these tickets prior to 2017 were 467.54 and the current price for a 10 day MYW park hopper is 722.78. Does that mean I need to pay $255 per ticket for the extra 3 days, or am I figuring this out wrong?
$467.54 is the value of a 7-day PH from 2016. You mention it was "no expiration" which was no longer an option in 2016, so I don't know what that upcharge it was or if the 2016 value as stated would make up for it (since it obviously was purchased prior at a lower ticket value anyway).

If the 10-day ticket you want is $722.78, you have done the math correctly. I guess the only question remains whether your old 7-day PH might have a higher value due to the "no expire" option.

Be aware that once you upgrade the ticket, you will lose the "no expire" option, and the new 10-day ticket will expire based on the designated start date.

This also assumes the old 7-day was never used. If you used any of those days it cannot be upgraded.

Can someone confirm that I will be able to activate my AP at the International Gateway?

I'll be walking over prior to ETPE and hope to ride Remy before regular park opening. Does that seem doable?

Can someone confirm that I will be able to activate my AP at the International Gateway?

I'll be walking over prior to ETPE and hope to ride Remy before regular park opening. Does that seem doable?
Yes, the GR office at the IG is on the left just after you go through security and before the tapstiles. They’ll be open before ETPE, but I’m not sure how early - should be at least 30 minutes, though, since they’ll need to be ready to activate APs, issue DAS passes, etc. for guests like you who are entering at park open.

The same thing happened to me! I had to call Disney, wait on hold for two hours but finally got it squared away (which took a crazy amount of time) They should have the tickets in their system but if you have the ticket numbers or reservation number handy, that might help.

ty. we ended up calling. same 2 hour wait to talk to ticketing but the unused tickets were there.

1. Is it still the case that I can use one valid ticket toward the cost of my AP renewal?
2. Can that be done over the phone, or must it be face-to-face?

Thanks!

If I want to visit a water park before we start visiting the parks, does my start date need to be before my first park day?

We want to go a water park Saturday then start visiting the parks on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter