I bought a one day ticket for my daughter and I to go to Epcot during the Festival of the Arts in February. I made a park pass reservation for the day I thought we needed to go, but then realized it was the wrong day. So I canceled the park pass reservation and tried to get one for the date we actually need (which is still available) but now it won't let me and the ticket says it's only good for the original date

Is there any way to change this or do I just have to buy new tickets? I'm usually pretty smart about Disney tickets, but this has me confused. Please help! I want to know if there's anything I can do before I spend 7 hours on the phone waiting for Disney to try to help me right before Christmas....

so your ticket was purchased for the wrong day?

I think you might not have a choice except to call. Maybe you can cancel and refund a ticket online if it's not used? Not sure about that one.

You certainly shouldn't need to purchase additional tickets.
What you'd want to do is call and explain you bought them for the incorrect date and they will help you to change the date based ticket to the correct date and you just may have to pay the difference if the new date costs more. (not sure if they would refund you anything if the date is less than the original)

You can modify the date of your ticket in MDE. I've done it several times last night. A CM told me when I called to try and do it the first time. Go to "My Plans" then Tickets, then there should be a button under each ticket to "Change." You can change the date from there and it will tell you if you need to pay more, depending on the new date.

You can modify the date of your ticket in MDE. I've done it several times last night. A CM told me when I called to try and do it the first time. Go to "My Plans" then Tickets, then there should be a button under each ticket to "Change." You can change the date from there and it will tell you if you need to pay more, depending on the new date.

Glad you chimed in!

My oldest college aged son can not go on an upcoming trip any longer . Can he transfer his unused ticket to myself of my other son? Thank you for your help!!

My oldest college aged son can not go on an upcoming trip any longer . Can he transfer his unused ticket to myself of my other son? Thank you for your help!!
Yes.
The person in whose MyDisneyExperience account the ticket is sitting can transfer that ticket to anyone who is in (or connected to) that same MDX account.

My search skills are lacking, and I'm sure this has been asked before - I'm sorry!

Can we add the water parks to an AP at a later date if we'd like? Or does that have to be purchased at renewal time?

My search skills are lacking, and I'm sure this has been asked before - I'm sorry!

Can we add the water parks to an AP at a later date if we'd like? Or does that have to be purchased at renewal time?
When APs are available for sale, you can upgrade them.
If you are using the AP (AP is activated,) your upgrade will only be valid until the end of that current AP's active year. But, the cost will be the same as if you'd bought the upgrade for the full AP year. (The upgrade cost is not prorated.)
This info also applies to AP renewals.

Last edited:
When APs are available for sale, you can upgrade them.
If you are using the AP (AP is activated,) your upgrade will only be valid until the end of that current AP's active year. But, the cost will be the same as if you'd bought the upgrade for the full AP year. (The upgrade cost is not prorated.)
This info also applies to AP renewals.

That's what I was hoping! Thanks!

I have a question about ACTIVATING tickets. We are going in a few weeks with Florida Resident grandparents. These FL Res grandparents have bought FL RES tickets for my kids (their grandkids), which is allowed, but grandparents need to be there to activate the tickets. However, we are staying on site and Grandparents are staying off-site and we would like to take advantage of early entry. Can we activate tickets the night before we use them? Is this just something we can do at any guest services window? Including Disney Springs? Do the children need to be present for the tickets to be activated? Grandparents arrive before we do and could do this ahead of time if permitted.

Thank you!

I have a question about ACTIVATING tickets. We are going in a few weeks with Florida Resident grandparents. These FL Res grandparents have bought FL RES tickets for my kids (their grandkids), which is allowed, but grandparents need to be there to activate the tickets. However, we are staying on site and Grandparents are staying off-site and we would like to take advantage of early entry.
1. Can we activate tickets the night before we use them?
2. Is this just something we can do at any guest services window?
3. Including Disney Springs?
4. Do the children need to be present for the tickets to be activated?
5. Grandparents arrive before we do and could do this ahead of time if permitted.
Assuming kids are all under 18 years old.
1. Yes.
2. Yes. Guest RELATIONS.
3. Yes. At Disney Springs there is the "Welcome Center" and the "Ticket Center." Both are very close to each other.
Ask a CM at the Welcome Center where to get the tickets "activated."
4. Technically, no.
5. That should work. (At least one grandparent needs a legal FL photo ID.)

I bought an annual pass in October, and I plan to activate it in January. Our first park day will be at Epcot, which has a 10:00/9:30 early scheduled opening. We are rope droppers, and if I didn't need to activate my pass, we'd try to get there at 9:00 am.

What time will the guest services outside the park open for me to activate my pass? Since the other parks open earlier, could I go there to activate it instead, and would that make sense time wise? I'll have a rental car. What about at the hotel? (All Star Movies.)
I can't do it the night before because we get in pretty late.

I bought an annual pass in October, and I plan to activate it in January. Our first park day will be at Epcot, which has a 10:00/9:30 early scheduled opening. We are rope droppers, and if I didn't need to activate my pass, we'd try to get there at 9:00 am.

1. What time will the guest services outside the park open for me to activate my pass?
2. Since the other parks open earlier, could I go there to activate it instead, and
3. would that make sense time wise? 4.
4. What about at the hotel? (All Star Movies.)
1. Figure about 8:30AM.
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. You can certainly TRY it (at the resort Concierge desk) if that is still open when you arrive.
If not, go with arriving at Epcot about 8:30AM.

So, we booked a 3 day stay at Coronado Springs and booked (2) 1-day tickets and chose to assign them to EPCOT. My husband woke up sick this morning and tested positive for Covid. I cancelled the resort online, as I did all of our dining reservations, and just got off the phone with DME to cancel our transportation, which was unnecessary, as it automatically cancelled when I cancelled the resort. My question is, what do I do about the tickets? Can they be used in the future if they have never been used? We also purchased Magic Bands at $10 each. Do you know what they will do with them?

Also, should I have modified my resort reservation to a future date instead of cancelling it, so that I didn't lose my deposit of $535? Would they have let me do that? TIA!!!

Quick, stupid, AP question...if we activated our AP's on 12/4/2021, is the LAST day we can use them 12/3/22 or 12/4/22??

Does anyone know where to find your AP membership number? I have two AP cards, one is my current Incredipass and one is my old expired AP. Problem is the cards are the same and I can't determine which one is the valid card. Any tips on how I can determine which is the good card?

My work has discounted Disney Park Hopper tickets that expire on 12/31/22, Does anyone know how it works if you cant use the ticket on that day if they will allow you to use the expired ticket to purchase a new one for a new date and use it as a credit towards the new ticket??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter