Thanks, we will all be there together, so this will not be a problem. Will I still be able to link the kids tickets as normal to my MDE?
Yes. If the grandparents are purchasing the tickets, they may need to do the assigning but yes the tickets can be assigned to the children you manage as long as everyone is linked as Friends and Family.

Why does UT offer tickets such as '4 days with 1 day free' for the same price as the 5 day ticket? How is the extra day 'free' if the ticket is the same price as the 5 day ticket? I called them up to ask and they gave me a non-answer.

Why does UT offer tickets such as '4 days with 1 day free' for the same price as the 5 day ticket? How is the extra day 'free' if the ticket is the same price as the 5 day ticket? I called them up to ask and they gave me a non-answer.
In my experience, that would be a 5-day ticket (“4 days with 1 free”) at the same price as the 4-day ticket. I haven’t seen what you describe.

ETA - I just looked. It’s listed as “4 day with an extra day” — they aren’t claiming “free” anywhere, the reader’s brain is inserting that thought. And the “4-day with 2 extra days” also doesn’t claim the extras are free, it’s just a 6-day ticket.

Last edited:
In my experience, that would be a 5-day ticket (“4 days with 1 free”) at the same price as the 4-day ticket. I haven’t seen what you describe.

ETA - I just looked. It’s listed as “4 day with an extra day” — they aren’t claiming “free” anywhere.
ok, now I see that it doesn't say 'free'. But why offer a 4 day ticket with an 'extra day' at the same price as the 5 day ticket?

I have friends who are taking their first trip next week. They are not staying on-site and bought tickets online and were not planning on buying magic bands. The tickets and reservations are showing on the genie app, but do they need bands or physical tickets to enter the park? Do they need to stop at guest services first? We always have magic bands so I had no clue how to help them!

I have friends who are taking their first trip next week. They are not staying on-site and bought tickets online and were not planning on buying magic bands. The tickets and reservations are showing on the genie app, but
1. do they need bands or physical tickets to enter the park?
2. Do they need to stop at guest services first?
1. They can use Disney-issued plastic RFID tickets.
2. They can just go directly to their first park entrance gate taking with them photo IDs and their ticket numbers.
Tickets will be issued as they enter.

(If the tickets are showing in their MyDisneyExperience account, and they have their MyDisneyExperience
available on their recent model smart phone, they can "scan" the phone for access.)

I have friends who are taking their first trip next week. They are not staying on-site and bought tickets online and were not planning on buying magic bands. The tickets and reservations are showing on the genie app, but do they need bands or physical tickets to enter the park? Do they need to stop at guest services first? We always have magic bands so I had no clue how to help them!
1. They can use Disney-issued plastic RFID tickets.
2. They can just go directly to their first park entrance gate taking with them photo IDs and their ticket numbers.
Tickets will be issued as they enter.

(If the tickets are showing in their MyDisneyExperience account, and they have their MyDisneyExperience
available on their recent model smart phone, they can "scan" the phone for access.)
This 👆🏻 and If they have Apple phones they can add tix to their Apple wallet and show ticket that way too.

Hi ,
Does anyone know is it possible when entering a park to have two tickets accidentally scanned from the magic band. I had a very old ticket on my band (old non expiring from 2013) that I am sure had one day left. I also had a new ticket on my band. When I went to guest service at the MK the cast member could not read the old ticket to see when it was last used. She could read the new ticket and one day was used. I was expecting the last day to be used on the old ticket.

Would calling My Disney Experience be able to tell me when the last day of the old
Ticket was used ? Any ideas?
thanks

Hi ,
1. Does anyone know is it possible when entering a park to have two tickets accidentally scanned from the magic band. I had a very old ticket on my band (old non expiring from 2013) that I am sure had one day left. I also had a new ticket on my band. When I went to guest service at the MK the cast member could not read the old ticket to see when it was last used. She could read the new ticket and one day was used. I was expecting the last day to be used on the old ticket.

2. Would calling My Disney Experience be able to tell me when the last day of the old
Ticket was used ? Any ideas?
thanks
1. Yes, it is POSSIBLE. Mistakes can happen.
2. You would want to call WDW Guest Relations.
As always, explain carefully and ask nicely.

Hi everyone.

Now that Fastpass is gone and everything is selected on the day, there is no reason to buy tickets very far in advance correct? Other than the possibility of Park Reservation Availability or a Price Increase?

Hi everyone.

Now that Fastpass is gone and everything is selected on the day, there is no reason to buy tickets very far in advance correct? Other than the possibility of Park Reservation Availability or a Price Increase?
Yes, you’re right - if you’re not concerned that park reservations will fill up or a price increase will affect you adversely, there’s no reason to buy tickets very far in advance.

Has anyone had any experience adding PH to an older ticket? We were at WDW last month and asked if I could add hopping to ticket I have linked in MDE for my daughter. I was told no, CM said that since those type of tickets are no longer being sold they can not upgrade or bridge them. Wasn’t sure if the CM didn’t know how or this is the new policy going forward. They are MYW tickets bought before the newer ones with expiration dates came out. We are planning to go back in March and use the tickets then for her.
forgive me if I asked this question before, but I tried searching and couldn’t find it.

You can ask about adding hopping at the old rate, just ask nicely before they start the transaction so you can refuse if it's too much. They may need to charge the difference to current pricing. I believe "older" tickets hold the value of ~2016 (before date-based pricing). The Hopper option itself has increased in price to say nothing of the multi-ticket value, so it may be easier to hold the ticket for a time when you don't plan to hop.

You can ask about adding hopping at the old rate, just ask nicely before they start the transaction so you can refuse if it's too much. They may need to charge the difference to current pricing. I believe "older" tickets hold the value of ~2016 (before date-based pricing). The Hopper option itself has increased in price to say nothing of the multi-ticket value, so it may be easier to hold the ticket for a time when you don't plan to hop.
Thank you, I did ask that when I was there and was told it could no longer be done. I bought these tickets long before I realized how much our family enjoyed hopping. I guess we will either buy different tickets or she will settle for a trip without hopping. My hubby and I have APs ourselves, so I just planned to use the tickets for our kids when they go with us.

I just got info about upgrading to add G+:

Because some of the days of our tickets show no availability (we already have our park passes and valid tickets for those dates) we're not able to modify the tickets in advance to add G+. Our only choice is to try to add it day by day which they "think" should work.

I was prepared to buy some one day tickets to WDW from a reputable third party seller. I did not realize that I had to specify a date to use the tickets. There is no discount from buying the tickets now versus buying them the morning we visit MK....but I wanted to maximize out time on arrival at MK and did not want to waste time buying tickets. If I buy them now, I can put them on MDE and will figure out how to get them loaded onto their Magicbands.

So, the problem is this: If we pick a date to assign the tickets and the weather is really bad that day, we would opt to visit the next day. But with a fixed date, does WDW allow any flexibility? Or is it go on the date we assigned or lose the tickets?

HELP!!!! What are my options??? Thanks.

Per the Disney website:

You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date. So you couldn't decide that morning to not go, but you could decide the night before and modify the ticket date.

If it's a busier time of year, I'd be more concerned about being locked out of park pass reservations though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter